Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It's ok to chant CM Punk!
"Just chant it against the guys that loving suck and wear lifts in their boots."

Man, Punk really does not like Jericho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I'm starting to suspect that the real reason Vince barely sleeps is because he knows if he lets down his guard for a single second, Austin's gonna hit him with a Stunner.

Pretend I did this in a timely manner

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Man, Punk really does not like Jericho.

I'm pretty sure Jericho and Ryback are the only two active wrestlers outside of management he really knocked on those shows.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
So if Dr. Lucha from F4W is to be believed, Rey is going to be back with WWE because they're giving him a bunch of money to stay and Rey likes money. The impression is he won't be doing much wrestling but WWE wants a latino star and he's all they got.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
they should sign Cavernario

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The WWE is an environment ran by a bunch of insane people who never grew up in any proper way and treat their workplace like a middle school. From CM Punk's side it sounds like there's a lot of resentment towards him because he wouldn't play along, it makes working for the WWE sound completely miserable and I'm not surprised that Ziggler and Ryder are so bitter anymore.

There was stories about Orton and Sheamus being pushed to take over CM Punk's spots that he came up with and it just screams of Triple H veto'ing Punk and putting his friends in them.

e: WWE isn't trying very hard to build new Latino stars. Del Rio didn't work out because he was booked badly, and Sin Cara didn't work out because he's a loving idiot. Just hire a ton of luchadores like WCW did and put them in throw-away matches on Smackdown and NXT.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
i think Rush could easily be a top heel in WWE, guy is like the only wrestler ever that has convinced me he's a total prick in real life based solely on his in-ring work.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

WWE Discussion is "Retarded Henry" for 12/8

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I just want one report of somebody in Creative discovering Seth's last name is Lopez and having an unfortunate conversation.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Spermgod posted:

they should sign Cavernario

Is he actually good because I loved his match at the CMLL anniversary show

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is he actually good because I loved his match at the CMLL anniversary show

he's been one of the best wrestlers in the world this year imo. check his En Busca de un Ídolo finals match vs. Hechicero and his match vs. Titán for the Mexican Welterweight title for starters. most all his En Busca matches involving Hechicero, Dragon Lee or Cachorro were really good too. and his lightning match vs. Rey Cometa i thought was better than the Aniversario match it built to.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I may be a jumbled mess right now, but the vibe I'm getting from the two Punk/Cabana podcasts is that more so now than ever before the WWE is not wrestling. They are drinking their own Kool-Aid on this "sports entertainment" poo poo that closely resembles wrestling, and as a result this bizarre mish-mash of corporate world and carny garbage is poisoning everything.

Vince McMahon is basically Jerry Jones, where they are pretty skilled at one area of business but hilariously incompetent in another. Despite this, they insist on doing both and causing havoc for their entire organization. Kinda sad.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

DM Punk posted:

Punk joked about working the Young Bucks at PWG and now I want that to happen. But, it won't.

quote:

The Young Bucks ‏@MattJackson13 13m13 minutes ago

Young Bucks vs @ColtCabana & @CMPunk at PWG would be pretty sweet. Thank God I'm office there.
0 replies 42 retweets 52 favorites

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Everblight posted:

Yeah, except he isn't any good at actually wrestling, and his storyline now retroactively makes no sense. As Wily E. loving Coyote, super-genius, there's no reason for him to have hung out with a backwoods hillbilly preacher-man.

His Dropkick Murphys soundalike music is rull good tho

I like the idea that he was a big silent guy who everyone thought was stupid so they treated like crap except for Bray who realized he was actually really smart so he recruited him.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'd love to listen to the Colt podcast, but I just finished sitting through Jingle All the Way 2 and I need some alone time for a while.

Usually in these WWE movies you can say, "At least [wrestler] was a decent actor compared to everyone else." Not here. Santino (who speaks without an accent, which is hard to get used to) is a loving terrible actor.

Still, it might be a better movie than the first one. It doesn't have Phil Hartman, but it also doesn't have Jake Lloyd.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I would legit lose my poo poo if this match happened. There would be human poo poo all over Reseda.

I mean more human poo poo than normal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Pretend I did this in a timely manner

Wrasslor, you son of a bitch! :haw:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Gavok posted:

I'd love to listen to the Colt podcast, but I just finished sitting through Jingle All the Way 2 and I need some alone time for a while.

Usually in these WWE movies you can say, "At least [wrestler] was a decent actor compared to everyone else." Not here. Santino (who speaks without an accent, which is hard to get used to) is a loving terrible actor.

Still, it might be a better movie than the first one. It doesn't have Phil Hartman, but it also doesn't have Jake Lloyd.

Are..........are you one of the guys on the WHM podcast???? Why would you watch that on purpose?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Jiro posted:

Are..........are you one of the guys on the WHM podcast???? Why would you watch that on purpose?
Better them than us, man.

HEY KEWWWLL! :D

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I love that Punk said WWE's contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on, because if they were legitimately enforceable, they wouldn't have settled with him.

"You can't put a No-Compete Clause on an independent contractor. Period." :allears:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I love that Punk said WWE's contracts aren't worth the paper they're printed on, because if they were legitimately enforceable, they wouldn't have settled with him.

"You can't put a No-Compete Clause on an independent contractor. Period." :allears:
Well yeah, think of most wrestlers? think they're going to have the money to fight the WWE's lawyers in a court? I mean... I'm sure there's SOME ruling in the 90's about a No-Compete being legally enforced, and in that case, there's a set legal precedent so... that puts it in the favor of the WWE. But I don't know enough about American Law to tell if such a case happened

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jiro posted:

I watched it for review purposes. Same reason I watched Christmas Bounty, Scooby-Doo: WrestleMania Mystery and Leprechaun: Origins.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Onmi posted:

Well yeah, think of most wrestlers? think they're going to have the money to fight the WWE's lawyers in a court? I mean... I'm sure there's SOME ruling in the 90's about a No-Compete being legally enforced, and in that case, there's a set legal precedent so... that puts it in the favor of the WWE. But I don't know enough about American Law to tell if such a case happened

Depends on the state but in most places they're unenforceable or easy to have thrown out if you can afford a lawyer. Besides, they're independent contractors!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Onmi posted:

They did try to enforce it when Lesnar left and went to New Japan but that got thrown out.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Onmi posted:

This is the exact thing WWE wants its' wrestlers to think. "Well, they wouldn't put this clause in there if they couldn't enforce it! :downs:"

Basically WWE counts on their wrestlers to be like the average person: easily confused and intimidated by legalese. The minute someone does their homework and retains a reasonably competent lawyer, WWE tends to go right for the settlement rather than risk having their business practices scrutinized in court.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Gavok posted:

I watched it for review purposes. Same reason I watched Christmas Bounty, Scooby-Doo: WrestleMania Mystery and Leprechaun: Origins.

Oh I see you're one of those self flagellating types like with what that Tom Hanks movie where he's looking for Jesus with Amelie or some poo poo. :v:

Sydney Bottocks posted:

This is the exact thing WWE wants its' wrestlers to think. "Well, they wouldn't put this clause in there if they couldn't enforce it! :downs:"

Basically WWE counts on their wrestlers to be like the average person: easily confused and intimidated by legalese. The minute someone does their homework and retains a reasonably competent lawyer, WWE tends to go right for the settlement rather than risk having their business practices scrutinized in court.

To be fair, dudes that take concussions over and over again aren't really going to remember much after a while. So WWE probably has years of this exact thing working out.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Dec 4, 2014

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jiro posted:

Oh I see you're one of those self flagellating types like with what that Tom Hanks movie where he's looking for Jesus with Amelie or some poo poo. :v:

The paycheck makes it easier. Also, I'm genuinely pumped for the Ambrose movie.

One important fact people are ignoring about Jingle All the Way 2: Sure, it's a sequel to a terrible movie from 18 years ago. Sure, it stars a groan-worthy, gimmicky comedian and the second biggest piece of star power comes from a C-list wrestler who can't act. But nobody ever brings up that it's directed by the guy who did Chairman of the Board starring Carrot Top. Truly, this is a cocktail of crap.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gavok posted:

Chairman of the Board

You spelt it wrong.

Gatorfade
Nov 24, 2014

bark

Daniel Bryan posted:

So if Dr. Lucha from F4W is to be believed, Rey is going to be back with WWE because they're giving him a bunch of money to stay and Rey likes money. The impression is he won't be doing much wrestling but WWE wants a latino star and he's all they got.

Until Kalisto comes up.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Given that Rowan's vignettes about the Wyatt breakup had absolutely nothing in common with what he's doing now, his face turn is probably one of those things someone winged in five minutes once Sheamus got hurt. "Yeah, we'll roll with that, good plan."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jerusalem posted:

You spelt it wrong.

Bless you, Norm.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

triplexpac posted:

This is why I'm very careful to not like any wrestlers or commentators or bosses. They all come out as rapists or murderers in the end.

Fixed

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Listening to the second Punk podcast, it increasingly seems like WWE is run like a cult that tries really hard to get people to forget there's a world outside of the WWE. You don't get opportunities, they hand you gifts. They take anything that someone might achieve on their own and spin it into something they're giving you. They take away any personal responsibility. It's almost like an abusive relationship.

I wonder who it was that forwarded Punk the email chain about the game cover.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
The "quiet genius weird guy Rowan" thing would work better if they didn't hit the audience over the head with it by having the interviewer talk about his IQ and say he's trained in classic guitar and a famous winemaker or whatever. I'm pretty sure people in this thread were already asking stuff like "is he some kind of brainwashed super genius, or something?" before that interview, so they were doing a good job of subtly hinting at that without dropping a bunch of blatant expository dialogue.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

You spelt it wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whN9JJ74dPw

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Shine posted:

The "quiet genius weird guy Rowan" thing would work better if they didn't hit the audience over the head with it by having the interviewer talk about his IQ and say he's trained in classic guitar and a famous winemaker or whatever. I'm pretty sure people in this thread were already asking stuff like "is he some kind of brainwashed super genius, or something?" before that interview, so they were doing a good job of subtly hinting at that without dropping a bunch of blatant expository dialogue.

You see, Shine, The Inexplicably Amazing Big Red Erick Rowan is a savant, which means genius.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DrVenkman posted:

Listening to the second Punk podcast, it increasingly seems like WWE is run like a cult that tries really hard to get people to forget there's a world outside of the WWE. You don't get opportunities, they hand you gifts. They take anything that someone might achieve on their own and spin it into something they're giving you. They take away any personal responsibility. It's almost like an abusive relationship.

I wonder who it was that forwarded Punk the email chain about the game cover.

The way Punk tells it it's like Punk was on the cusp of becoming a mainstream celebrity (or at least all over the shop in the public eye) and WWE did everything in it's power to stop that happening. Like the WWE wants their wrestlers to become big but only if they're the guys who won't become too big for their britches.

Also highlights a problem with the WWE and big buisness in general that they'll stuff a bunch of legal sounding mumbo jumbo into their contracts with no actual basis in law and hope that they'll get away with it because nobody has the money to take them to task on it.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Batista was just confirmed as one of the villains in the next James Bond movie, so with that and Guardians of the Galaxy 2/other Marvel movies I dont think hes going back to WWE any time soon.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

lomzus posted:

Batista was just confirmed as one of the villains in the next James Bond movie, so with that and Guardians of the Galaxy 2/other Marvel movies I dont think hes going back to WWE any time soon.

What if he really really likes wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

lomzus posted:

Good for him. They had one of the stars of one of the biggest movies of all time and they did nothing to capitalise on that. I don't even think he got a mention. It's weird how WWE wants to be mainstream and then seems to shun any opportunity that presents itself.

If Batista was in a WWE production you wouldn't hear the end of it .

• Locked thread