Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

greatn posted:

The Avengers as an organization doesn't exist. I'm sure Coulson has tried unsuccessfully to contact Romanov or Barton. Probably want to stay as far away from Banner as possible, Tony is a loudmouth who can't be told Shield is around, and Thor doesn't exactly have a cell phone.

Right now, maybe, but my impression is that AOU begins with the reunited team already having been active for at least several months. I wonder if this will be addressed at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Barry Convex posted:

Right now, maybe, but my impression is that AOU begins with the reunited team already having been active for at least several months. I wonder if this will be addressed at all.

Who cares.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cat Terrist posted:

If you really think you cant have some larger narrative without touching the royal family, then you somehow have put Inhumans into a little tiny imagination box that has to conform to your storytelling rules - when in fact the actual narratives can be huge and next to limitless even if you exclude the established canon, which the MCU seems to be quite gleeful in throwing out half the time. You just do not have to tell a kickass Inhumans story within your imagined limitations.

Barry Convex does. He and Dan DiDio should team up.

DFu4ever posted:

Honestly, if we knew Spider-Man would end up in the MCU and this show had a character talking about their friend Peter that got bit by a spider while visiting Oscorp, a few of you would still insist it had nothing to do with Spider-Man.

They are literally talking about Inhumans at this point. The 'blue angels' visiting Earth and creating special people is LITERALLY the Inhumans origin. And to make it even more obvious, they outright said it was the Kree. While we may never see the royal family or any Inhumans that are part of Attilan society on this show, we are already seeing Inhumans. Anyone that can touch the obelisk is obviously from the Inhuman bloodline.

I know, right? People are so used to comic book media wimping out that when things are getting better overall they just can't believe it.

There. Are. Four. Lights.

Blazing Ownager posted:

I don't see any reason this post has to have spoilers in it. You're talking exclusively about things that have already happened and your impression of them. Just letting you know.

Its shell shock from dealing with people who care way more than they should about spoilers, or perhaps it's a post by one of those people themselves.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

You know, since Sony Pictures may end up folding (or severely crippled) over this hack, maybe they'll finally let Spiderman come back to Disney.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

Bobbi has a comic book lady body :stare:

Nah, she's only a B.

Slashrat posted:

Though I understand why they can't appear on the TV show, it is getting pretty exasperating at this point that no one even brings up the possibility of at least filling in the Avengers on what is going on, or mentions something that explains Coulson & Co not even attempting to have contact with them.

I think doing that poo poo would slow the plot down, come across fake as hell, and make AoS something that rides on coat tails instead of stands on its own.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

bull3964 posted:

You know, since Sony Pictures may end up folding (or severely crippled) over this hack, maybe they'll finally let Spiderman come back to Disney.

Not likely...

Also, is there a thread to discuss that hack? Because there were a few juicy headlines over it yesterday (everyone hates Adam Sandler), but I can't find any discussion on it....

/derail

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's North Korea mad about the Kim Jong-Il assassination movie.

The whole thing even sounds like a plot from a Franco/Rogen movie.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Not likely...

It's a shame this hack wasn't before ASM2 came out, that could have actually crippled their income.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Well, ASM3 was already delayed to 2018. It's possible this could cause even further delays to movies in the pipeline. How often do they have to release these movies and retain the license?

Maybe they'll be more amiable to crossovers to score some extra income.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Aphrodite posted:

It's North Korea mad about the Kim Jong-Il assassination movie.

The whole thing even sounds like a plot from a Franco/Rogen movie.

They should just make the sequel a parody about the hack, might as well capitalize on it.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
They still don't have their computers up. Its been two weeks. Someone should start a thread, the emails and stuff they've leaked have been hilarious. Everyone, down to the IT guys, has been dogging on Adam Sandler movies and the Spider-Man franchise. It's crazy.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I have no idea what's going on. :smith:

OK, did some Googling, and Sony was hacked. Meh. And The Interview isn't to blame.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 4, 2014

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

It just occurred to me that the other thing Bobbi and Mack have going on could be Avengers related. Maybe Hill approached Bobbi about joining Tony's Avengers Academy and she will take Tripp with her now instead?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

PriorMarcus posted:

It just occurred to me that the other thing Bobbi and Mack have going on could be Avengers related. Maybe Hill approached Bobbi about joining Tony's Avengers Academy and she will take Tripp with her now instead?

Which could explain why she was asking about Fury.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

PriorMarcus posted:

That... actually makes a lot of sense. Something Avengers related, anyway.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jessica Jones will be played by Breaking Bad/Don't Trust the B actress Krysten Ritter

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/389319-krysten-ritter-cast-as-marvels-jessica-jones

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

PriorMarcus posted:

This could work. It could be that Hill has been keeping tabs on Coulson and Co. and has opted, since she is working with Tony, to start a separate thing, possibly as a contingency should Coulson succumb to his space madness and fail. It would make sense that Bobbi would be involved as she is classically linked with the Avengers pretty directly.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Xtanstic posted:

Yeah I really like it too but I can't figure out why

Really late, but I'm also a fan of Skye's tactical outfit. For me, I think it's the scarf/hoodie combo. Gives me a cyberpunk hacker vibe, which obviously works for her.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PunkBoy posted:

Really late, but I'm also a fan of Skye's tactical outfit. For me, I think it's the scarf/hoodie combo. Gives me a cyberpunk hacker vibe, which obviously works for her.

i thought it was a big turtleneck gun holster

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

ToastyPotato posted:

This could work. It could be that Hill has been keeping tabs on Coulson and Co. and has opted, since she is working with Tony, to start a separate thing, possibly as a contingency should Coulson succumb to his space madness and fail. It would make sense that Bobbi would be involved as she is classically linked with the Avengers pretty directly.

I like this theory, but just a reminder that this picture of a distant, blurry black dude, taken and identified as Britt by a single random blogger, is apparently the sole source for the Britt/AoU rumor:

It could still be true, but the source is so dubious that it ought to be taken with a huge grain of salt (it's also a handy reminder how much the fanboy "press" sucks balls, seeing as how it spread like wildfire despite the terrible source and is widely taken as fact at this point; even I believed it until I actually did a bit of Googling and realized that said blogger is apparently the only person who claims to have seen Britt on set).

...actually, the more I look at it, the more Blurry Black Dude's hair looks like Mackie's to me, but it's still too lovely a photo to say with any certainty.

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 5, 2014

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

Yeah I think that's what does the trick. Is it just a scarf/turtleneck thingy or is it an actual hoodie that she can wear? I can't remember if she's worn it that way/find a picture.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Well sorta?

Also, are we gonna have a separate Agent Carter thread or will we roll it all into this one? I just checked the OP and I got bummed that Xena got killed off so quickly. :smith:

Barry Convex posted:

It could still be true, but the source is so dubious that it ought to be taken with a huge grain of salt (it's also a handy reminder how much the fanboy "press" sucks balls, seeing as how it spread like wildfire despite the terrible source and is widely taken as fact at this point; even I believed it until I actually did a bit of Googling and realized that said blogger is apparently the only person who claims to have seen Britt on set).

Given the news that has come out of the MCU, it seems like an equally reasonable bet that that could be Chadwick Boseman or even a random mook, right?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Tactleneck

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

jscolon2.0 posted:

Tactleneck

I guess Archer had something for this after all.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Xtanstic posted:

Yeah I think that's what does the trick. Is it just a scarf/turtleneck thingy or is it an actual hoodie that she can wear? I can't remember if she's worn it that way/find a picture.

I think she has the hood up when she snipes Donnie.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Well, it's got to say something if, when I say, "I don't understand fashion" I still understand that that looks pretty bitchin'.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Barry Convex does. He and Dan DiDio should team up.

I know, right? People are so used to comic book media wimping out that when things are getting better overall they just can't believe it.

There. Are. Four. Lights.

Its shell shock from dealing with people who care way more than they should about spoilers, or perhaps it's a post by one of those people themselves.

I couldn't believe when they killed Victoria Hand. I kept waiting for her to start moving in the close ups they did after she got shot, but no, she's dead dead dead. I really liked this - there are consequences to actions you don't find in the comics.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PunkBoy posted:

One thing I have to give them credit for is Skye's character development.

She went from an obnoxious audience stand-in sidekick to believably transitioning into someone who could hold a fight against another agent. Her change in attire really reflects the shift well.

If AoS runs for several seasons it would be kind of awesome to see her eventually near the top of the organization, weathered and more pragmatic, a hacker version of May's path. It's refreshing to see an annoying character brought on track through actual character development, but I actually like Skye now.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 5, 2014

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

Skye is the Arrow

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So, I just caught up tonight, and I have realized that I have no context for just how long it's been in-universe since the end of Season 1.

I mean, sure, Skye wound up with a bloody nose and cut the inside of her mouth, but really, she held her ground against Agent 33 for longer than I would give her credit for, given her relative level of training compared to A Real SHIELD Agent. Sure, you could make the argument that she's being taught by the May and therefore getting the best hand-to-hand combat training possible, but... still.

PunkBoy posted:

Also, I just realized, since we're talking about that episode, BPM counter seems to have been a one-episode thing. Also, you'd think that Simmons would have told everyone about the words that Bakshi had her say to get Donnie under control, so they could use it against Agent 33.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I mean, sure, Skye wound up with a bloody nose and cut the inside of her mouth, but really, she held her ground against Agent 33 for longer than I would give her credit for, given her relative level of training compared to A Real SHIELD Agent. Sure, you could make the argument that she's being taught by the May and therefore getting the best hand-to-hand combat training possible, but... still.

You can sort of tell by Ward's facial hair. So, probably a month or two.

Therefore, Skye's fight with Agent 33 just bad writing. The writers wanted to show the audience that Skye is a field operative that can stand on her own feet now, whereas the fact is, yes, there's no way she could have matched a fully trained agent like that, especially one that held her ground very well against May herself.

It was actually worse: there was a moment where she actually gained the upper hand against 33, and lost it when trying to convince her opponent to come back to the good side. Sheeesh.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
shes also about 21 hot and the worlds greatest hacker. Shes part alien, move along nothing to see here.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

enraged_camel posted:

Therefore, Skye's fight with Agent 33 just bad writing. The writers wanted to show the audience that Skye is a field operative that can stand on her own feet now, whereas the fact is, yes, there's no way she could have matched a fully trained agent like that, especially one that held her ground very well against May herself.

It was actually worse: there was a moment where she actually gained the upper hand against 33, and lost it when trying to convince her opponent to come back to the good side. Sheeesh.

It was longer than a couple months. Fitz was in the hospital for almost a month, Simmons left after he was back for at least another month, and she was undercover in Hydra for several months. I'd put it closer to 6 months. Plus, Skye was trained by Ward as well as May, who are both supposed to be as good as Romanov. Plus Skye has whatever mojo she has in her, whether she's Quake or an Inhuman. Agent 33 may have also been a little off her game, what with that whole fried face thing happening, plus the brainwashing.

Edit: Ward trained Skye for a few months before Cap 2 happened, so she's had close to a year of training by two of the best.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

enraged_camel posted:

I thought the summer hiatus happened in real time, so it was more like four months.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
It is amazing to me that people are STILL arguing that this show isn't going to introduce the Inhumans.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It must suck to get cast as recurring character Agent 33 then find out after like 2 appearances she ends up with a different face.

Back to being out of nowhere computer person on Castle.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Stunt Rock posted:

It is amazing to me that people are STILL arguing that this show isn't going to introduce the Inhumans.

I'd laugh my rear end off since they sealed Mack off to say, gently caress THIS PLACE. And they move on with the show, never to return.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Back to being out of nowhere computer person on Castle.

Haha, that's the same girl?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doctor Butts posted:

Haha, that's the same girl?

Yeah. People in the Castle thread were wondering if she was going to leave since she got a recurring SHIELD role, and well...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Stunt Rock posted:

I think it's just Barry Convex who has doubled-down on that stupid stance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm gonna start calling Skye Daisy exclusively from now on. That's bound to piss someone off.

• Locked thread