Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Technical you muppet, look at that post a bit more closely.

Edit: Finally Cryptic does something right! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9007923

Aleth fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
I read the post just fine. Just playing along.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I wonder how they celebrate New Year's on Bajor?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Tunicate posted:

I wonder how they celebrate New Year's on Bajor?

Have a massive #dukatwasright rally?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
If anyone can throw a better party than dental I loving quit.

No time like the present. We start now.

I pledge 50m ec for the best crossdresser or trannie.

WD40
Nov 25, 2005

Everyone in Dental should be taking his lobi ships and transferring back once they have them

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah I could always use another Recluse.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah I could always use another Recluse.

QFT. I've wanted one for ages but I'm Space Poor.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
There are dozens of DR whine threads up right now, so decided to post my own. Look at the OP and the pubbie responses...either they ignored my OP completely or, for them, absolutely no red flags went up while reading it. I'm almost hoping it's the former because otherwise its kind of loving depressing.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1316731

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Winter Carrier stats are up:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9008423-q%27s-winter-wonderland-carrier

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Just read them over, it looks decent enough.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
  • Base turn rate: 7 degrees per second
  • Can load Dual Cannons
Why do they even bother restricting cannons anymore if they're just going to let all new ships use them, no matter how slowly they turn?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

To be honest, Cryptic hasn't really restricted cannons much lately. Basically the only new ships that don't use them these days are pure non-battle cruisers. Even all the item ships can slap them on. :shrug:

Also looks like a complete redesign for the ship too. Which is good, the current in-game model is a bit... eh. Looks pretty decent though. It's no Recluse, but the boff layout's pretty good, four tac consoles is hard to complain about, and it's pretty nimble by carrier standards. Considering it's T6 and free this is actually a pretty drat good ship. Only real downside is the Frigates don't seem very exciting.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

To be honest, Cryptic hasn't really restricted cannons much lately. Basically the only new ships that don't use them these days are pure non-battle cruisers. Even all the item ships can slap them on. :shrug:

Also looks like a complete redesign for the ship too. Which is good, the current in-game model is a bit... eh. Looks pretty decent though. It's no Recluse, but the boff layout's pretty good, four tac consoles is hard to complain about, and it's pretty nimble by carrier standards. Considering it's T6 and free this is actually a pretty drat good ship. Only real downside is the Frigates don't seem very exciting.
That's what I mean. They're not restricting them anymore, so why bother having the restriction at all? Just get rid of it altogether and let us laugh at more people sticking DHCs on the slowest ships around.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Because knowing Cryptic, if they tried to give old cruisers dual cannon access it would probably delete all your dilithium or make all your bridge officers into bajorans or something.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Asimo posted:

make all your bridge officers into bajorans or something.

:stonk:

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

make all your bridge officers into bajorans talaxians or something.
:getin:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Goat Pillager posted:

Just read them over, it looks decent enough.

Would have been nice if the trait were a bit more general purpose, but that was always too much to expect.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9008443-release-notes%3A-december-3rd%2C-2014

Patch notes for tomorrow/today

"The dance emote triggered by use of a Nerve Tonic will now persist for a full 60 seconds unless manually turned off.

The dance is no longer cancelled by movement or nearby Subspace Party Amplifiers.
Combat still cancels the effect."

Countdown to ERPist rejoicing just to realize that fire extinguishers and body blocking still work fine.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Don't have a link handy, but already saw a handful of complaints about it being a nerf because it no longer lasts indefinitely until cancelled. :ughh:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Goat Pillager posted:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9008443-release-notes%3A-december-3rd%2C-2014

Patch notes for tomorrow/today

"The dance emote triggered by use of a Nerve Tonic will now persist for a full 60 seconds unless manually turned off.

The dance is no longer cancelled by movement or nearby Subspace Party Amplifiers.
Combat still cancels the effect."

Countdown to ERPist rejoicing just to realize that fire extinguishers and body blocking still work fine.

* Embassy Romulan Bridge Officers can now have their uniforms customized in the Tailor.

Finally!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
For those not following the furry wankbait thread:

quote:

I have a feeling my understanding of what a Troll is might be out-of-date, as it is suppose to be a witty, pithy or sarcastic retort to the subject at hand where the entire point is you encapsulate the mocking tone either within a single post or as a series of responses where you PROGRESS to ever more increasingly ridiculous levels until it is obvious that you are only joking.

What I see in this thread is not Trolling, it is a collection of personal attacks, thread hijacking and abusive behaviour that IF what you say is true is somehow getting a free pass because what eventually someone would've posted J/K

That is frankly not acceptable behaviour, there is a clear difference between being funny and being abusive; and to see that in Star Trek forums of all places. Should be bloody ashamed of yourselves.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

I can now start selling nerve tonics again?!

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

fatman1683 posted:

QFT. I've wanted one for ages but I'm Space Poor.

I too, have always wanted a Recluse. Especially since learning about the Tacsci. But I don't poopsock nearly enough to buy one. What are Recluses up to on AH now anyway?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Thronde posted:

I too, have always wanted a Recluse. Especially since learning about the Tacsci. But I don't poopsock nearly enough to buy one. What are Recluses up to on AH now anyway?

90m i think

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, they've been stable for a while. Lobi ships really don't have big price changes over time, since the supply is effectively constant; if they raise too high, people just buy more of them to sell from the lobi store. They tend to follow wider scale exchange trends.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
In a day or two you can all start grinding out freebie tier 6 Breen carriers anyway, so just get that.

Anunnaki
Dec 2, 2014

Rotation Confusion posted:

Battle Zone is where it's at. Also: Nicor w/ Assimilate/Adapted looks amazing

Great pics! The nicor looks sweet with the borg gear. I'll have to attach it to my nicor and fly around for a bit with it on.

Thanks for sharing ;]

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Anunnaki posted:

Great pics! The nicor looks sweet with the borg gear. I'll have to attach it to my nicor and fly around for a bit with it on.

Thanks for sharing ;]

Good job! You made a post on the forums!

Thanks for sharing ;]

fne: :dogout:

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
Not in for more than 5 minutes and I'm already somewhere I'm probably not supposed to get to.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Any cool ships in the winter giveaway this year?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Ludicro posted:

New ship is a sci heavy carrier. The old ships are also back with the new 1 race to get alt discount. The Breen Raider is still crazy good if you've got alts that don't have it.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I don't have any so yay new ships!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

How long doss it take individually to do whatever it is I need to do three times a day for the next twenty days to get some free ships?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

How long doss it take individually to do whatever it is I need to do three times a day for the next twenty days to get some free ships?

Two minutes.

And you get like 1000 xp for it.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

The first couple of times you do it, expect it to take more than 2 minutes. Once you get the hang of it, yeah, it'll be about 2mins. Here's a few pointers:
-The countdown at the start is bugged and you can start running before it's done.
-If you lose control either do a combat roll or let go of the direction keys and jump either will put you at a dead stop and keep you from sliding out of bounds and getting disqualified.
-You can also use shooter mode or hold both mouse buttons to steer with the mouse which will let you take corners really well.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Lagomorphic posted:

New ship is a sci heavy carrier. The old ships are also back with the new 1 race to get alt discount. The Breen Raider is still crazy good if you've got alts that don't have it.

Wow, the console slots and boff seating actually looks to be not terrible.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Lagomorphic posted:

The first couple of times you do it, expect it to take more than 2 minutes. Once you get the hang of it, yeah, it'll be about 2mins. Here's a few pointers:
-The countdown at the start is bugged and you can start running before it's done.
-If you lose control either do a combat roll or let go of the direction keys and jump either will put you at a dead stop and keep you from sliding out of bounds and getting disqualified.
-You can also use shooter mode or hold both mouse buttons to steer with the mouse which will let you take corners really well.

Undine Counter-command suit also makes it trivially easy. Thanks to the speed boost after a roll.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Lagomorphic posted:

Also, don't worry about your speed too much. By the end of the event you'll be running it as fast as you can just to get it finished, but it's pretty difficult to run the race so slowly that you lose to the npc.

While you're hanging around in there, you definitely want to run the PVP race to start getting winter epohhs. Just switch to a low population map a few minutes before the race starts if you need fewer competitors. Though the race was so much better before cryptic fixed the shortcut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Ludicro posted:

Maybe

• Locked thread