Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Why can I not drop mines or C4 from the gyrocopter :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ArchRanger posted:

Do what? My friend and I fast-traveled dozens of times while doing co-op.

... seriously?

I've been letting my friend host, because I'm much further along then him.

I'll have to tell him he's loving stupid. (I knew it! I told him, but he said "I guess we can't do that, it won't let me" :downs:)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Capn Beeb posted:

Why can I not drop mines or C4 from the gyrocopter :mad:

Pop an overdose syringe from a safe height and go nuts with the M79.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
Had a weird glitch occur where after liberating an outpost, I wasn't able to pick up any plants and no longer able to loot chests. I could activate the animation for cutting the planets, and open the chests themselves, but I wouldn't get any of the leaves or loot from either. Additionally, I found that I could spend experience points to unlock level-up perks… but the perk itself wouldn't unlock (it would remain grayed out). I died, and the issue with the looting seemed to fix itself, but the experience points thing is still bugged.

So, uh. That sucks. I guess I'm happy I unlocked all of the tiger stuff before this happened, but It looks like I'll be locked out of completing the elephant side if this sticks.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
^^^ Seems as though random bits of "progress meters" of any flavor, might just bug the gently caress out at whim. I tossed out one save game at 60% completion because I couldn't get the game to admit that I had 8 karma, and not 3... :smith: Maybe the solution will be "kill the game ASAP as soon as you notice anything weird - and hope that it didn't start up an hour or six previous!"

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I also kind of like the fact that this one's oddly asexual other than the naked Arena girls, 'clean rear end in a top hat,' and child bride thing. FC3 seemed like it was trying to get "Hot Coffee" publicity.
I loved that the arena mission woman says stuff like "hey - look up here - at my face!" to you. I sat there a few times trying to figure out if it was scripted to happen if I was staring at her body without face or not and couldn't get it to do anything, but it was funny as poo poo the first time I encountered it, since I generally run around aiming at sternum-level in most fps games, as a body shot is easiest. :D

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Dec 4, 2014

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Zaphod42 posted:

... seriously?

I've been letting my friend host, because I'm much further along then him.

I'll have to tell him he's loving stupid. (I knew it! I told him, but he said "I guess we can't do that, it won't let me" :downs:)

Yeah, he's either dumb or just not wanting to. It's a host-only option but it's definitely there. Or he has a weirdly specific glitch I guess.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Just got this and having a lot of fun so far. Though that little helicopter thing almost feels like cheating compared to FC3

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Earwicker posted:

Just got this and having a lot of fun so far. Though that little helicopter thing almost feels like cheating compared to FC3

I agree, but they aren't exactly all over the place, so if you don't go out of your way to find them constantly, it's not really a big part of the game. Definitely a blast to fool around with and to unlock the bell towers though.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I did manage to accidentally chop myself up with my own helicopter blades once while landing on a slanted roof, that was cool

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coyo7e posted:

I loved that the arena mission woman says stuff like "hey - look up here - at my face!" to you. I sat there a few times trying to figure out if it was scripted to happen if I was staring at her body without face or not and couldn't get it to do anything, but it was funny as poo poo the first time I encountered it, since I generally run around aiming at sternum-level in most fps games, as a body shot is easiest. :D

"You want to fight in the arena? You're barely man enough to stare at my breasts!" is my favorite line from them.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I kinda wish killing the 'victor' of the golden path after the campaign is done was more... rewarding? I mean they're basically just like any mook after their last hurrah / 'i'm a bad person actually' cutscene.

Although in the end its still pretty satisfying to know Sabel Amita and Pagan are all dead as gently caress and now Kyrat is mine!! :twisted:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Earwicker posted:

I did manage to accidentally chop myself up with my own helicopter blades once while landing on a slanted roof, that was cool
Yeah, if you do a hard landing on an incline you will probably rock or full-on roll it over on yourself, it's pretty common to get nicked as I get out, if I exit on the uphill side. Don't land in ankle-deep water, you won't be able to start the buzzer again and it won't let you push it out of the water without a boat or hovercraft.

Also, free buzzer always spawns directly outside and uphill from the Kyra Bazaar which you'll find very quickly if you do the first couple of campaign missions. Also when you find your parents' old house, you can upgrade it to become a base, and install a personal helipad with a respawning buzzer. :)

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

There was just a patch that made the -skipintro trick unusable, it seems. I hate you so much Ubisoft.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Questions about this Arena thing:

1) I have the Arena app, linked to my UPlay account. I hit level 10, but it doesn't unlock the gun in-game. I've logged out and in of UPlay in the app and the game on my PS4, but it still doesn't seem to "sync." Is this a common problem with a common fix?

2) There's also some sort of Arena in the game itself? I've already gone to it the first time, but then I never saw any mission icon to go back to it, so I kept doing campaign missions, but now the Arena lady is dead...did I somehow lock myself out of doing the in-game Arena?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

DrBouvenstein posted:

Questions about this Arena thing:

1) I have the Arena app, linked to my UPlay account. I hit level 10, but it doesn't unlock the gun in-game. I've logged out and in of UPlay in the app and the game on my PS4, but it still doesn't seem to "sync." Is this a common problem with a common fix?

2) There's also some sort of Arena in the game itself? I've already gone to it the first time, but then I never saw any mission icon to go back to it, so I kept doing campaign missions, but now the Arena lady is dead...did I somehow lock myself out of doing the in-game Arena?
You need to go into the arena for one round before it will update. You don't need to win, you can just go in, immediately die, and it should update. Have you done that yet? A few people ITT have had similar posts. The stats between the app and the game update nearly-instantly between both, otherwise.

The place you killed Noore (the arena lady) was the arena. You can fast-travel there at any time, look for the mission icon that looks like a little pixelated "archway" (it kinda looked like the top of a south american pyramid to me). The mission-giver is also pretty recognizable as she's the only topless NPC in the game that I'm aware of (outside of the twins in the cutscene introducing Noore). She's standing on the upper area, if you fast-travel, turn left and go up the stairs as soon as you leave the room you load into, she'll be near the front doors.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 4, 2014

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Okay I got the weirdest issue with FC4 now. The yellow thing showing you the way to your target is no longer visible. I noticed it yesterday while playing coop, and its still not showing up today. I tried checking the options to see if i disabled anything by accident, but nope. I'm playing this on the xbox1 btw. Anybody else have this bug?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

GyverMac posted:

Okay I got the weirdest issue with FC4 now. The yellow thing showing you the way to your target is no longer visible. I noticed it yesterday while playing coop, and its still not showing up today. I tried checking the options to see if i disabled anything by accident, but nope. I'm playing this on the xbox1 btw. Anybody else have this bug?
You're sure that you've got an active mission which would have a waypoint? What happens when you shoot a courier to death or something - does it give you the marker on the body?

It seems like it'd be almost impossible to get any missions done without the yellow objective markers, I hope you can figure it out.. Maybe try making a new game in a different slot and see what happens?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ArchRanger posted:

Yeah, he's either dumb or just not wanting to. It's a host-only option but it's definitely there. Or he has a weirdly specific glitch I guess.

No I think he was just being really stupid. He tends to do poo poo like that, assume he can't do things just because it didn't work the first time because he did it wrong.

I tried to double check with him, like "are you sure dude? You should be able to" but he was adamant about it so I assumed you couldn't in co-op since I couldn't either. But he's always been the host.

I'm gonna host the next match and then give him some :colbert:

Edit: Okay he says you have to do something to unlock fast travel, which I don't remember because I've had fast travel forever. It must be something simple like "capture the first immediate outpost" or something, and he must have skipped it while I didn't.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 4, 2014

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Is there any way to do the hunting missions in coop where both players can get the materials or is the guest just SOL?

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

No I think he was just being really stupid. He tends to do poo poo like that, assume he can't do things just because it didn't work the first time because he did it wrong.

I tried to double check with him, like "are you sure dude? You should be able to" but he was adamant about it so I assumed you couldn't in co-op since I couldn't either. But he's always been the host.

Edit: Okay he says you have to do something to unlock fast travel, which I don't remember because I've had fast travel forever. It must be something simple like "capture the first immediate outpost" or something, and he must have skipped it while I didn't.

You can do it at least after capturing the first outpost that you have to do before you can even coop. My friend and I were quick traveling right after that so...

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I have never hated eagles this much my entire life. I'm such a poo poo shot when it comes to the things that either I unload an entire clip shooting at it or I give up and try to lure it to some civilians or soldiers.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

coyo7e posted:

She says, "Hey, if it isn't stare-at-my-tits" when I go up to hern ow.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Cliff racers did it first :colbert:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I also kind of like the fact that this one's oddly asexual other than the naked Arena girls, 'clean rear end in a top hat,' and child bride thing. FC3 seemed like it was trying to get "Hot Coffee" publicity.

Except of course how almost every hostage rescue mission (not random event) is saving people from wandering army rape gangs?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
So far my favorite event in the game, not that I'm very far just started Himalayas, has been the very first outpost I captured. A random elephant attacked it and wiped everyone out all on it's own right when I got there.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Pound_Coin posted:

Cliff racers did it first :colbert:

You make a very good point.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

nutranurse posted:

I have never hated eagles this much my entire life. I'm such a poo poo shot when it comes to the things that either I unload an entire clip shooting at it or I give up and try to lure it to some civilians or soldiers.

An eagle killed my cat when I was high school, Far Cry 4 hasn't helped my perception of those godless killing machines.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

nutranurse posted:

Try the spas12 when you unlock it. Its helped me thin the flying hordes of eagles pretty nicely.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
God drat, I spaced on the fact I needed to clear Noore's fortress for way after that mission ended. After unlocking North Kyrat I looked over and saw I still needed to clean it out, so I went over there all ninja style and holy poo poo it did weaken it. Literally 7 soldiers.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
^^^ I wish there was a list of what weakens fortresses. I did a Longinus mission yesterday and it weakened Paul's fortress and I was like dangit, I wanted to raid it before it was a joke!

I like you you can sneak in through a well in fortresses. It's fun to attack silently from both sides in co-op, with one guy silently sniping the towers clear and the other player crawling around shanking people and hiding their bodies.

Zaphod42 posted:

You don't have to unlock anything that I'm aware of - any outpost and most of the "cities" which involve the campaign can be fast-traveled to. If there are too many mission icons cluttering the screen then it can be tough to select the "circle with two rightward-pointing arrows" icon though. Perhaps he's just trying to flat fast-travel to random spots, rather than hardpoints? :crossarms:

nutranurse posted:

They're pretty easy to take out as they fly away if you don't freak out when they grab you. Also if you keep moving, you'll almost never get hosed with by them. Stop, and they'll nail you just for kicks. They don't seem to like dive-bombing in thick tree cover as often either.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 4, 2014

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
In case anyone hasn't figured it out on their own, molotovs work wonders against pretty much all the land based animals. If you're getting swarmed by wolves or whatever just throw a molotov at their feet. Even the ones that don't catch on fire usually flee immediately.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

The fire in Far Cry 2 was still the best fire. I mean it makes sense because the terrain was just drier and more flammable, but still.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Well I've beaten the main campaign, and captured everything. Got a solid 20 hours out of it and had a lot of fun loving around, but I think I might have to trade it in or sell it because I can't see myself playing it more.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Up the difficulty, turn off stealth indicators and the minimap. Start over to a new much more slow and thoughtful game.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Oh boy I can replay the same content I just did! If I wanted to play a hard stealth game I'd just re-expert ghost Thief 1 and 2.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

big mean giraffe posted:

Oh boy I can replay the same content I just did! If I wanted to play a hard stealth game I'd just re-expert ghost Thief 1 and 2.

Its a sandbox game though, so the same content can be done differently.

Did you do stealth last time? Now go in like rambo with a machinegun firing. "Call your drat reinforcements, see if I give a poo poo!"

I dunno about you but personally I had more fun in farcry 4 after I beat the game, started a new game, hacked out the weapon requirements and turned off the radar, turned up the difficulty, and then just went around killing dudes as I saw fit.

poo poo, I wonder how good Farcry could be if they had no explicit story at all and put all the development time from the story into just giving you more guns and more places to shoot guns...

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

big mean giraffe posted:

Yeah OH BOY. Sell it and quit whining on forums if you don't want feedback.

Glad we all know you're done with it. Adds to the discussion I think. Knowing you are done don't want any suggestions about that fact.

Good for you. Good on you.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I you give out keys to kyrat do you have to particpate in a multiplayer session or can they run around solo for 2 hours?

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
Leave it alone for a while, wait for dlc and such, buy those if they're good and go for it again with a different approach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Is there any hint that there will be a "Blood Dragon" of FC4? I liked that even better than the main game in FC3. Though obviously they can't just do the same thing again, it would have to be a different concept/aesthetic. Like a high fantasy version of the game or something.

• Locked thread