Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Knifegrab posted:

It's hilarious this thread has gotten as big as it is when its really clear cut. Religious people are delusional and wrong, whether by choice or because they were indoctrinated to believe these things. I am not sure why there is even any argument left to be had.

No, but you see, you didn't wastespend half of your life studying what wacky metaphysical ideas some guy living 500 years ago came up with, so I can safely dismiss anything you say and keep my safety blanket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

The Snark posted:

As for not complaining about everything Kyrie has ever said, why would I bother? You're genuinely more obnoxious. Aside of that I did use your post to address both of your babbling about who's going to burn in hell.

I don't believe in hell. I'm using Kyrie's own standards against him. He's not a Catholic, he's a prosperity gospel-believing polytheist who prays to saints instead of asking for their intercession.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Knifegrab posted:

It's hilarious this thread has gotten as big as it is when its really clear cut. Religious people are delusional and wrong, whether by choice or because they were indoctrinated to believe these things. I am not sure why there is even any argument left to be had.

I agree, it is pretty clear cut. Religious people are capable of having a civil conversation about religious teachings, and atheists are not.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Kyrie eleison posted:

I agree, it is pretty clear cut. Religious people are capable of having a civil conversation about religious teachings, and atheists are not.

Says the poster who called all non-Catholics sociopaths.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Kyrie eleison posted:

:qq: Why won't you rude atheist meanies just agree I'm right about everything and you're all doomed to hellfire? :qq:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Cantorsdust posted:

Says the poster who called all non-Catholics sociopaths.

To save you, you ungrateful agent of Satan, Lord of Darkness!

What could be more civil than saving your very immortal soul?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Kyrie eleison posted:

It's super interesting how you tacked to this when I showed that you don't understand your own religion. It's not like that post was any less polite than the others I've made.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Kyrie eleison posted:

Civility: Calling people Sociopaths, telling them they will suffer eternal torment.

Not civility: Rude names

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

VitalSigns posted:

What could be more civil than saving your very immortal soul?

Giving it up to its rightful owner, and liberating as many others as possible in the process.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Aw Shucks Kyrie. Looks like there are a ton of things that matter besides Jesus Christ, like not being hateful and gleeful at the idea of eternal torment for people who disagree with you.

Head on back to the woodshed and form humane beliefs.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Kyrie eleison posted:

drat, must be my sociopathic tendencies out of control due to not being a Catholic. Lord help me.

Muscle Tracer posted:

Giving it up to its rightful owner, and liberating as many others as possible in the process.

...the emperor?

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 4, 2014

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

SedanChair posted:

It's super interesting how you tacked to this when I showed that you don't understand your own religion. It's not like that post was any less polite than the others I've made.

I have you on ignore (as well as several others in this thread, and over a hundred others in general), but I clicked in out of curiosity, a mistake I won't repeat anytime soon.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Kyrie eleison posted:

I have you on ignore (as well as several others in this thread, and over a hundred others in general), but I clicked in out of curiosity, a mistake I won't repeat anytime soon.

Censorship: Totally Rad!

So, you can to D&D to discuss why we're all sociopaths and going to hell unless we accept a Catholic Interpretation of Jesus, and now we're censored.

Bravo. An upstanding person.

Pound_Coin posted:

gas thread ban op

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 4, 2014

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

gas thread ban op

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kyrie eleison posted:

Kyrie eleison posted:

Fear of Hell is not my driving motivator. Hell is more some cold poo poo you say to someone who refuses the truth, to show the full extent of your disdain for their approach, a purest hatred, and as I said before, it originates with Isaiah, the Jew. You tell someone about Hell to let them know where they stand. Your Talmud says Jesus is boiling in excrement forever, so do not tell me you have no Hell.

But I do believe there can be loyal Jews who, despite their rejection of Christ, do so mainly because they have accepted propaganda unquestioned (although this is itself a shame on them); or for those Jews who secretly, in their heart, love Jesus and believe him to be the Messiah, though they do not admit it to family out of fear, which I believe is a large portion of Jews (to me, Jewish life seems a lot about having to pretend you don't believe in Christ, and is therefore not too different than a lapsed Christian giving in to widespread atheism.)
I guess this is, by comparison to some, relatively civil...

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Kyrie eleison posted:

Hahaha over a hundred? I wonder who and what else you've "put on ignore" in order to try and live out your peculiar beliefs.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

SedanChair posted:

Hahaha over a hundred? I wonder who and what else you've "put on ignore" in order to try and live out your peculiar beliefs.

I really hope I'm on that list.

And on the offchance that I'm not, hail Satan.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Technogeek posted:

And on the offchance that I'm not, hail Satan.

Kyrie eleison posted:

Put me on the ignore list. gently caress you.

I'm sure I'm already on it

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SedanChair posted:

His own conscience and his heart to start with and I'm sure the list is much longer still.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 4, 2014

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
It's simple: A user makes an awful post, and I click their profile and put them on ignore. It doesn't require much more thought than that.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Kyrie eleison isn't going to accept that he's loving mental with a touch of sociopathy

Nobody else is going to accept that his imaginary friend is in charge of all space and time.

There's really nowhere productive this can go.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Kyrie eleison posted:

IF I CAN'T HEAR IT, IT'S NOT TRUE!

Pound_Coin posted:

gas thread ban op

Kyrie eleison posted:

It's simple: A user makes an awful post, and I click their profile and put them on ignore. It doesn't require much more thought than that.

So have you put yourself on your own ignore list?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Kyrie eleison posted:

So, you should be on that list too for creating a thread calling everyone sociopaths and damning people to hell for not accepting your religious premise. :colbert:

Pound_Coin posted:

Kyrie eleison isn't going to accept that he's loving mental with a touch of sociopathy

Nobody else is going to accept that his imaginary friend is in charge of all space and time.

Turtles all the way down.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Pound_Coin posted:

We can all have a laugh at Kyrie, that's where this can go. A forum shaming for a sociopathic moron. (By an autistic judgmental rear end in a top hat)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Pound_Coin posted:

If my time here has taught me anything it's that this is the point where things truly begin :unsmigghh:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

SedanChair posted:

If my time here has taught me anything it's that this is the point where things truly begin :unsmigghh:

True, once the OP outs themselves as basically ignoring all premise, its a free for all :unsmigghh:

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Kyrie eleison posted:

It must be mighty hard to navigate a thread when you can't see any of your own posts

It's ok tho, you're not missing out on much

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Kyrie eleison posted:

It doesn't require much more thought than that.

Much like your entire worldview~~~~~~~

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Knifegrab posted:

So have you put yourself on your own ignore list?

CommieGIR posted:

So, you should be on that list too for creating a thread calling everyone sociopaths and damning people to hell for not accepting your religious premise. :colbert:

Muscle Tracer posted:

It must be mighty hard to navigate a thread when you can't see any of your own posts

It's ok tho, you're not missing out on much

A burn so nice we had to say it thrice.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Born in lust, turn to dust. Born in sin? Come on in.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Rhjamiz posted:

Born in lust, turn to dust. Born in sin? Come on in.

That's what Mary said to this guy

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Kyrie eleison posted:

That fits, since the totality of your posts in this thread demonstrate that for all their wordiness, you rarely if even do anything that requires much thought. You small-minded coward.

Cavaradossi
May 12, 2001
Svani per sempre
il sogno mio d'amore
CCC

2680 Prayer is primarily addressed to the Father; it can also be directed toward Jesus, particularly by the invocation of his holy name: "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us sinners."

2681 "No one can say 'Jesus is Lord', except by the Holy Spirit" (1 Cor 12:3). The Church invites us to invoke the Holy Spirit as the interior Teacher of Christian prayer.

2682 Because of Mary's singular cooperation with the action of the Holy Spirit, the Church loves to pray in communion with the Virgin Mary, to magnify with her the great things the Lord has done for her, and to entrust supplications and praises to her.

2683 The witnesses who have preceded us into the kingdom, especially those whom the Church recognizes as saints, share in the living tradition of prayer by the example of their lives, the transmission of their writings, and their prayer today. They contemplate God, praise him and constantly care for those whom they have left on earth. When they entered into the joy of their Master, they were "put in charge of many things." Their intercession is their most exalted service to God's plan. We can and should ask them to intercede for us and for the whole world.

So prayer is to the Father, the Son or the Holy Spirit; one may also praise Mary, most often in the same words that God did ("Hail Mary, full of grace..."); or ask Mary or the saints for intercession ("Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death"). Not polytheist - there is only one God.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
Kyrie, why should I believe you about Catholicism when you haven't posted any evidence to support it that can't be matched by other religions? Why are the Pope's revelations better than Muhammad's or the Dali Lama's?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
i hope im not on ignore mecause i only post serious discourse that i really need taken seriously

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

guys I'm starting to think this 'God' guy may not actually exist

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TwoQuestions posted:

Kyrie, why should I believe you about Catholicism when you haven't posted any evidence to support it that can't be matched by other religions? Why are the Pope's revelations better than Muhammad's or the Dali Lama's?
Well you see, the Catholics had the bigger guns, and have won a lot of wars recently, especially if you count the Anglicans as demi-Catholics; this shows that they are the most favored of God, and you should logically back the winner.

Of course by this reasoning we should all embrace Marxism-Leninism, as I recall Communist countries have a pretty good record of winning stand-up wars. The Red Army won everywhere but Afghanistan, and the North Vietnamese beat five people in rapid succession, historically speaking.

e: In fact the greatest American military successes seem to come when the nation is led by liberals from the Northeast. Hmmmm...

Nessus fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 4, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Cavaradossi posted:

So prayer is to the Father, the Son or the Holy Spirit; one may also praise Mary, most often in the same words that God did ("Hail Mary, full of grace..."); or ask Mary or the saints for intercession ("Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death"). Not polytheist - there is only one God.

I know that and you know that.

Kyrie eleison posted:

You can pray directly to saints, asking them to pray for you to God. It is called intercessory prayer.

Kyrie didn't know that until this morning. He was going about his business praying directly to saints, as though they were gods and he was a lamentably heretical syncretist polytheist.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

icantfindaname posted:

guys I'm starting to think this 'God' guy may not actually exist

drat it, now you are on the ignore list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Who What Now posted:

A burn so nice we had to say it thrice.

gotta quadruple-spend your burns on this postchain, it's impossible to know which blocks are being dropped

• Locked thread