Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
somebody ran over a skunk in the road in front of my house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

what happened posted:

somebody ran over a skunk in the road in front of my house

No, that's just [some poster you don't like]'s posting!!!

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Unfunny Tryhard Idiot posted:

[Stupid joke that wasn't funny the first time it was posted.]

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 5, 2014

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
we are all unfunny here

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
i feel like playing NC more

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

what happened posted:

we are all unfunny here
i am the unfunniest

*falls into pit of mount doom*

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

what happened posted:

i feel like playing NC more

Whatever you do, don't get in a max. I hear those are terrible.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
ok

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

these last few pages are literally the same dumb arguments and pantshitting stat masturbation I've seen in my previous outfit please stop it you are triggering my ptsd

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Hajj Podge posted:

these last few pages are literally the same dumb arguments and pantshitting stat masturbation I've seen in my previous outfit please stop it you are triggering my ptsd

BWC?

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
i think he plays on connery

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

^^ I used to, yeah.

Close!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

What VS LMG is good to kill infantry?

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

kalstrams posted:

Orion and SVA-88 are both very good choices, but there really is no terrible VS LMG. Just try them all out and find what you like.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Unclean009 posted:

Orion and SVA-88 are both very good choices, but there really is no terrible VS LMG. Just try them all out and find what you like.
I was running around with SVA-88 for last hour or so and in general it is okay, I just wonder whether if there is something with more kick to it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So has anybody found out if the boosts are applied to new characters as well as existing ones?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Unclean009 posted:

Pulsar LSW isn't terrible but it's an uninspiring gun without good attachments, amazing accuracy, or 0.75 ADS.

Ursa is ok if you like decent accuracy but really low DPS.

Rest are good to great to everyone bitches about it on the forums.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

So has anybody found out if the boosts are applied to new characters as well as existing ones?

They are not, a guy in my outfit made a fresh character today and has no free boost.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

kalstrams posted:

I was running around with SVA-88 for last hour or so and in general it is okay, I just wonder whether if there is something with more kick to it.

You should try the Flare, it has more stopping power and a hefty magazine size. The recoil can be intimidating but I find once you put a grip on it it becomes pretty predictable.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
There is no reason to give a poo poo about alerts. Good fights don't magically appear when an alert starts and when a continent locks it ruins fights by forcing everyone to another continent.

The only stats that matter are Honks/per hour and how sexy you look in your camo/hats/lumifibre.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

MuffinMan posted:

all this vigorous shitposting inspired the NC apparently.

:captainpop:

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

We should decide what outfit is better in a better game like Archeage

Edit: final destination no items furry characters only

dirty nub fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 5, 2014

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gobblecoque posted:

You should try the Flare, it has more stopping power and a hefty magazine size. The recoil can be intimidating but I find once you put a grip on it it becomes pretty predictable.
Field report - very nice, very nice compared to SVA-88. Soft bullets + grip make up for a very pleasant shooting experience.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

dirty nub posted:

We should decide what outfit is better in a better game like Archeage

Edit: final destination no items furry characters only

Don't compare this game to Archeage. Its more like Wildstar

EDIT: No wait, Star Citizen. People throwing a ton of money at a game that isn't out of beta

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Yeah, but at least this game exists.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like it has much of a future.

What's the next update? AI turrets sometime in 2015? and then uhhh...battle islands?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
A slow death at the hands of SOE execs that refuse to give this game more than 10 devs.

I wonder how much more popular it would be if they priced everything down to not "gently caress you" levels? $7 for a gun for one character on one faction is kinda bullshit expensive. The only guns I buy are NS ones, and that's only because they get the special bonus of being for all factions. If they wanted it to be 7-10 a gun, it should unlocked the other empire's relative guns. I would buy tons of guns if they were like 3 bucks each. Camos are just as balls out crazy. $5, or sometimes $10, is out of this loving world. They would get so much more out of me if I didn't feel the sting of buying something. Who the hell though making everything so expensive what a bright idea? It's too late now to change the pricing model though, so welp.

Mustarde
Oct 26, 2014

Connoisseur of fine IPA`s and Chili with beans!
Lover of mayonnaise and anime!

kalstrams posted:

The Orion. Engage within 30m (still capable beyond this if needed), burst fire in 5-6 rounds, ADAD, and use a 1x scope, grip. Be a corner whore, try to stay indoors and control your engagements by letting enemies funnel into your lane of fire. Aim for the head/neck. By doing this it will outperform almost every LMG in the game in terms of infantry combat. There are circumstances where you could make a case for other LMG's (mid range, or needing large mags to farm lots of bads), but in my opinion, if you keep yourself in situations where the Orion shines there is nothing quite as good. The MSW-R and Anchor each have their redeeming qualities but there's a reason that many infantry spergs worship the Orion.

Ultimately you will gain mastery by trying them all. And if you really like VS, get the Beetelgeuse (directive LMG) which is a heat-mechanic Orion, and is the new farming toy of choice for many since you can function without any support until you run out of medkits.

Mustarde
Oct 26, 2014

Connoisseur of fine IPA`s and Chili with beans!
Lover of mayonnaise and anime!

Broose posted:

A slow death at the hands of SOE execs that refuse to give this game more than 10 devs.

I wonder how much more popular it would be if they priced everything down to not "gently caress you" levels? $7 for a gun for one character on one faction is kinda bullshit expensive. The only guns I buy are NS ones, and that's only because they get the special bonus of being for all factions. If they wanted it to be 7-10 a gun, it should unlocked the other empire's relative guns. I would buy tons of guns if they were like 3 bucks each. Camos are just as balls out crazy. $5, or sometimes $10, is out of this loving world. They would get so much more out of me if I didn't feel the sting of buying something. Who the hell though making everything so expensive what a bright idea? It's too late now to change the pricing model though, so welp.

I agree that most items in this game are too expensive. Frustratingly so when you are a new player. But my advice is to stick to default weapons, learn how to play with a high SPM, and buy all your weapons with certs. Save your SC for daily sales and wait for that camo or lumifiber to be cheap. On my TR character I maybe bought 2 weapons, and have unlocked every single available weapon otherwise with certs.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Mustarde posted:

I agree that most items in this game are too expensive. Frustratingly so when you are a new player. But my advice is to stick to default weapons, learn how to play with a high SPM, and buy all your weapons with certs. Save your SC for daily sales and wait for that camo or lumifiber to be cheap. On my TR character I maybe bought 2 weapons, and have unlocked every single available weapon otherwise with certs.

Oh, yes, I follow this exactly already. The only reason I actually play this game is because they showed mercy and made a cert worth 250 xp rather than the 500 and 1000 before that. That was like pulling teeth just to get a grip for a gun. Especially since there was no xp boost from alerts to make things easier as well.

I've got my eye on like 10 different camos, but there's no way I'd be able to buy them all. And I want to trick out my vanguard with spikes and hood ornaments.

Lord Higby, get on it. lower the prices.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

kidRiot posted:

what happened to Giggily?

He exclusively plays CS:GO on "No AWP" servers.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Wow, 5 new pages something really important must have ha-

Oh.

:yikes:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Voted 5 for this elucidating debate. :allears:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Broose posted:

they showed mercy and made a cert worth 250 xp rather than the 500 and 1000 before that.

I remember when making 20k/hr with full boosts was about as good as most people could hope to get without using prenerf libs and ESFs. These days if you aren't making at least double that with only the membership boost you are doing poorly.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

kalstrams posted:

Field report - very nice, very nice compared to SVA-88. Soft bullets + grip make up for a very pleasant shooting experience.

When you get comfortable enough with it, say 3-400 kills, swap out the grip for ex. mags

150 rounds of 167 damage bullets before reloading might sound excessive, but it loving owns more than you can possibly imagine.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

^ ^ ^ confirmed. SAW S is pretty much the same gun and 150x167 mags are great ^ ^ ^

Periphery posted:

I remember when making 20k/hr with full boosts was about as good as most people could hope to get without using prenerf libs and ESFs. These days if you aren't making at least double that with only the membership boost you are doing poorly.

And all vehicles were only 100 certs, and there weren't ribbons or bonuses, and no guns except the burst variants were <1000certs. Man how did we put up with that? New players now have it so much better

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

A Winner is Jew posted:

When you get comfortable enough with it, say 3-400 kills, swap out the grip for ex. mags

150 rounds of 167 damage bullets before reloading might sound excessive, but it loving owns more than you can possibly imagine.

Don't do this, the Flare has retarded horizontal tolerance.

VVV: I've just been hoping Kewpuh would come back.

Horizontal Tree fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 5, 2014

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Gonkish posted:

Voted 5 for this elucidating debate. :allears:

I haven't even bothered looking at the past 5 pages. :shrug:

I kinda knew nothing good would come of trying to ask questions about why people hate Wisdomcube, so...

Edit: Looking even one page back shows me an honest inquiry has turned into dickwaving, not even gonna bother looking at the rest.

A Tartan Tory fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Dec 5, 2014

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

sitchelin posted:

He exclusively plays CS:GO on "No AWP" servers.

That's it. Thread over. Nothing else to see here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
RIP DA Stats. :smith:

• Locked thread