Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Its funny because why have you guys read a lizard wizard lp in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Ahundredbux posted:

Its funny because why have you guys read a lizard wizard lp in the first place?

I've only skimmed his threads a few times.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

No, whats going on? Whats the issue? I'm feeling the fear!

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

Its funny because why are you guys reading an lp in the first place

fixed that for you boss

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

NotALizardman posted:

fixed that for you boss
This is a great post

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the addition of this slapfight has finally fulfilled the prophecy

this is the Worst Possible Thread and Lowtax has attained immortality

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Patware posted:

I actually read this thread not too long ago, and it used to be basically a mock thread where all the posters in here made fun of retards on the Starbound forums and 4chan and reddit for doing nothing but making GBS threads on Chucklefish and bitching about how they misappropriated early access funds etc. Now the thread is whatever "this" is, and honestly, I like it more now than I did then.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Bilal posted:

I actually read this thread not too long ago, and it used to be basically a mock thread where all the posters in here made fun of retards on the Starbound forums and 4chan and reddit for doing nothing but making GBS threads on Chucklefish and bitching about how they misappropriated early access funds etc. Now the thread is whatever "this" is, and honestly, I like it more now than I did then.

All is as was written.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lmao jesus christ

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Supernorn posted:

Different teams vary wildly in size of number of developers

yeah, yours varies between who you display on your website and who's actually working on it

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
UNstable? :crossarms:

I figure this is just going to be putting whatever nightly version you are up to at the time up as a static update, regardless of how well it works (though admittedly what nightly was FOR). Honestly that COULD be fine...

So long as you focused development progress on the unstable instead of nightly. Because just spitting out a static update to say "There, you have an update, shut up" and going back to nightly with it's nice safe "No complaining because it's unstable" disclaimers isn't going to help the game nearly as much as working on something with any gameplay permanence players and testers can get a better handle on.

EDIT: Nightly as a concept was an okay idea. But keeping development with that as the primary focus is only going to hurt at this point. Not just because ":qq: Where is our stables", but because you can't get any drat lasting input or insight of worth in comparison, and after this long it's coming off more as a development security blanket than a development aid.

By all means, keep unstable as a thing while developing. No holds barred test mode as a comparison to stables can help. But WITHOUT a consistent, static build to compare to, it loses that value.

Why the gently caress am I even pretending trying to give helpful advice even loving matters?

Section Z fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Dec 5, 2014

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the nightly build thing definitely was an interesting idea at first but it really hasn't helped people feel confident about the game in general.

imo

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Dandywalken posted:

Lmao jesus christ

Holepunchio
May 31, 2011

Patware posted:

What?

Its only the worst possible thread if you actually want to see Starbound get updated and actually be good. If you're here to watch Chucklefish continuously disappoint a small and angry fanbase its pretty great.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Yeah that about sums it up.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Holepunchio posted:

If you're here to watch Chucklefish continuously disappoint a small and angry fanbase its pretty great.

:agreed: it's fun

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

:vince:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

:chanpop:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Ive come to the conclusion that most of you don't deserve the awesome that is starbound. I think most of you deserve a good starpounding for being terrible posters.

But seriously, when the update hits I know the majority of you neckbeards will be elbow deep in the new content for a month and talk about how awesome it is until your thumbs bleed. Then you will complain because mod makers aren't working fast enough and somehow this will be ChuckleFish' fault for not giving you a handy while you play because some diety forbid you play 1 handed for a while.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Kly posted:

this is gonna be a cool rear end game some day and all you naysayers are gonna feel like fuckin CLOWNS when it is

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

grimcreaper posted:

Ive come to the conclusion that most of you don't deserve the awesome that is starbound. I think most of you deserve a good starpounding for being terrible posters.

But seriously, when the update hits I know the majority of you neckbeards will be elbow deep in the new content for a month and talk about how awesome it is until your thumbs bleed. Then you will complain because mod makers aren't working fast enough and somehow this will be ChuckleFish' fault for not giving you a handy while you play because some diety forbid you play 1 handed for a while.

:smugmrgw:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

The update is any day now!

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

grimcreaper posted:

lol

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
i used to post unter konstruction gifs

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

grimcreaper posted:

While I agree in general, there is a nonzero chance that your playthrough might be interrupted by the heat death of the universe at this rate.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

grimcreaper posted:

is that quote from the official forums?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ernie Muppari posted:

i used to post unter konstruction gifs

it's me now fucker

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ahundredbux posted:

is that quote from the official forums?

If it is then that means the official forums are now better than this thread.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

it's me now fucker

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

This thread Goes The gently caress In

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Energy's been overhauled I guess.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

lovely system

'sit and wait' and 'don't use your toys' are not fun

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I definitely prefer it to the current system, mostly because it seems to be balanced for faster refill, and seems kinda close to the reload system people were talking about, with some leniency.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Things that stop me playing the game or having fun, that's what I want after 6 months of nothing, let me fire this game right the gently caress up

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Things that stop me playing the game or having fun, that's what I want after 6 months of nothing, let me fire this game right the gently caress up

8 months.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Haha loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

do these guys have an idea of how basic gameplay is supposed to work yet because i'm getting the impression they don't

• Locked thread