Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008
Sure, any little cleaned out bottle would work fine for storing a nice vinaigrette, or something similarly light and thin.

But does anyone believe for a second that the lifehackers aren't trying to cram 400 calories of buttermilk ranch in there?

Now imagine what that awkwardly shaped plastic container smells like after the fifth unsuccessful attempt to scrape all the day- and week- and month-old ranch crusting up along the insides. Focus, as best you can, on that sickly sweet aroma, with its powerfully-chemical preservative smells, its near-overwhelming currents of spoiled dairy, and the slightest hint of artificial "zesty" to finish the palate. Mmmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Unlikely; they go to Sam's Club and get the big box of Mio every month, but they only eat salad once a week.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Choco1980 posted:

I've found Chinese Takeout to also work well as cold leftovers in the morning.

You need Egg Foo Breakfast.

Make a three egg omelette with the takeout as the filling.

Up to you if you want to slurp it off the kitchen tiles like some sort of beast.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Antifreeze Head posted:

You need Egg Foo Breakfast.

Make a three egg omelette with the takeout as the filling.

See, now, this is genius.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Shwqa posted:

Turns out goons are super defensive about their $2.30 small lovely plastic bottles filled with a flavored chemical syrup. :rolleyes:

And yes I did check out how they much cost at my local winco.

I guess that depends on where you live because they are $3.50 even at the Walmart which guarantees low prices (always). The only ones I ever had were from a Kraft salesman since the things are so expensive I'd never buy them.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Decrepus posted:

I guess that depends on where you live because they are $3.50 even at the Walmart which guarantees low prices (always). The only ones I ever had were from a Kraft salesman since the things are so expensive I'd never buy them.

Around here they are usually 1.50-2 bucks for brand name ~3 for the Energy Drink ones and 1ish for store brand. I have a bunch in my cabinet I never use because one time I was in an Albertsons and they were on clearance for .50 cents each and I had a coupon for 1.50 off a purchase of three. I think they taste like poo poo TBH but they can be useful for making quick flavored shots/cocktails at parties and the like.

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.
I will also vouch for their effectiveness in mixed drinks. Had a vodka + red mio drink at a party, and saying this as a person who doesn't usually like vodka, it was pretty good.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
They are wonderful if you are teaching a "potions" class at a Harry Potter-themed camp for Korean elementary students.

Otherwise, gross.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.
A product for people who can't tolerate a glass of plain water?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fledgling Gulps posted:

A product for people who can't tolerate a glass of plain water?

To be fair, some places have nasty tap water. I've lived in towns where the water smelled of sulfur or had a heavy chlorine smell. You wouldn't want to drink it plain without at least running it through a brita.

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
Mio and those other squirt bottle things are great for when I'm really broke and need something to mix with lovely vodka. #alcoholichax

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Why bother at that point?

I have some store-brand Mio knockoff that I keep in my desk at work and use every so often when I want to shake things up. I drink a lot of water at work.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Turfahurf posted:

Mio and those other squirt bottle things are great for when I'm really broke and need something to mix with lovely vodka. #alcoholichax

Not a lifehack, but I gotta know.

Why is your avatar a low-rent version of Captain Cold?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Angela Christine posted:

To be fair, some places have nasty tap water. I've lived in towns where the water smelled of sulfur or had a heavy chlorine smell. You wouldn't want to drink it plain without at least running it through a brita.

This is what makes them useful for me. The tap water here isn't palatable at all, so I drink more tea than I do plain water. Sometimes I don't have time to make tea, and powdered/liquid drink mixes are easier to carry home from the store than bottled water.

I've tried water filters and while they do improve the taste a bit, none of them seem to do anything about the smell.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

:psyduck: Jesus Christ, my urologist would be reading all of this with a face of total horror...or perhaps a happy face. :10bux:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Lifehck: Drink Mio straight from the bottle. Just drink it. All of it. Drink all the Mio all at once. And then buy another bottle and drink that one too and then repeat the process. Repeat it forever. just drink every Mio and then die and leave a corpse that is mostly Mio syrup.

And then? Then your family will drink YOU.

DRINK. THE loving. MIO.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Angela Christine posted:

If your water smells powerfully of sulfur maybe don't loving drink it.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I see you haven't spent much time in rural areas that rely on well water.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
What the gently caress is Mio?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Loomer posted:

What the gently caress is Mio?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Drink the car!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The water at our family beach house smells incredibly strong of sulfur. We drink bottled water if we remember, but sometimes you don't really have much of a choice. And there's really no option not to bathe in it.

New Leaf has a new favorite as of 14:36 on Dec 6, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

New Leaf posted:

The water at our family beach house smells incredibly strong of sulfur. We drink bottled water if we remember, but sometimes you don't really have much of a choice. And there's really no option not to bathe in it.
Clearly you should be bathing in Mio according to this topic then. Or fill the tub up with ranch from Mio bottles.

Store your Rancio in the bathtub for easy access at home.

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

Drink the car!

drat it, Smashmouth!

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Desperado Bones posted:

:psyduck: Jesus Christ, my urologist would be reading all of this with a face of total horror...or perhaps a happy face. :10bux:

Yeah. Drinking water. The one trick urologists hate!

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
19 RUBBER BAND HACKS!!!11!1

Diply: At the forefront of internet shitposts since 2013.

However, this article is interesting:

quote:

Diply.com – Fastest Growing Website in Internet History

Posted on August 15, 2014 by Suzanne Morrison

Diply.com, a GoViral Inc. website, is officially one of the top 500 most viewed websites in the world according to Alexa.com. Launched in November 2013, Diply has quickly become the fastest growing website in internet history, eclipsing the early stage growth of Pinterest. While this claim has been made by numerous websites, Diply has substantiated the claim by commissioning Compete.com to complete a study on its growth. The successful rise of the content sharing platform can be attributed to their commitment to “strengthening relationships and building brand trust by connecting its engaged users with content they love to share,” said Taylor Ablitt, CEO of Diply.

Source

The source article goes on to suck more clickbait dick, but let me get this straight: They claimed to be the "fastest growing website in internet history," then, to prove this horseshit claim, they paid a company to corroborate their claim? Yeah, not in the least bit suspect...

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Goosed it. posted:

Yeah. Drinking water. The one trick urologists hate!

Drinking "natural" flavored syrup...

Third world country life hack: Our tap water comes with actual dirt and human poo poo...drink bottled water, like we all loving do over here. And carrying a small bottle of water isn't that "difficult".

LIFEHACK:

I think.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Desperado Bones posted:

Third world country life hack: Our tap water comes with actual dirt and human poo poo...drink bottled water, like we all loving do over here. And carrying a small bottle of water isn't that "difficult".

LIFEHACK:

I think.

*gasp* Sometimes people want a flavored water?! Why I never!

I just looked it up out of curiosity one Mio has 24 uses to it. I highly doubt people only use it as instructed but that ~$3 container puts flavor into 192 ounces (5.7ish liters) of water. I think you guys are just looking for another reason to go "AMERICA FAT :gonk:"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Desperado Bones posted:

LIFEHACK:

I think.

I see what's going on there but I'm more confused by the product. Are those... shrimp fries?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Kwyndig posted:

I see what's going on there but I'm more confused by the product. Are those... shrimp fries?

Yep. They're pretty good.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Kwyndig posted:

Kinda, yeah. They're shrimp flavored crackers in the shape of fries and they're really good.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Len posted:

*gasp* Sometimes people want a flavored water?! Why I never!

I just looked it up out of curiosity one Mio has 24 uses to it. I highly doubt people only use it as instructed but that ~$3 container puts flavor into 192 ounces (5.7ish liters) of water. I think you guys are just looking for another reason to go "AMERICA FAT :gonk:"

Actually no, my country is doing its best to be fatter than yours. :colbert: And we don't need loving fancy hipster syrup for water. Pure pork lard and sodas, si señor.

Speaking of being fat,I want those fries. Badly.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

I'm trying to think of an example where this would ever be useful. They know that doors can be left open, right?

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Some doors lock automatically when closed and without propping they usually close behind you. This seems mostly like a truck for smokers.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
At my job we have three closets, two of which we've lost the keys which also contain loud mechanical... stuff. If the doors ever shut properly, they will lock and we'll have to break down and call a locksmith. But for now, a poo poo ton of duct tape does the trick.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

hyperhazard posted:

I'm trying to think of an example where this would ever be useful. They know that doors can be left open, right?

You never know when you need to break into Democratic headquarters in a hotel with automatic locks.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
My favourite of those is the 'label your plugs' one, which is clearly not a rubber band, but that other perennial favourite item of lifehackers and buzzfeeders everywhere, washi tape.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

User-Friendly posted:

You never know when you need to break into Democratic headquarters in a hotel with automatic locks.

Nah they used tape. In fact, the only reason they got caught was they kept putting the tape back on after the security guard ripped it off. Eventually he got suspicious and went up to check things.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Cover a toilet paper tube in tin foil for a decorative and functional clasp for your rolls of wrapping paper.

:vince:

http://www.littlethings.com/he-covers-a-toilet-paper-roll-with-tin-foil-the-results-brilliant/

I'll be generous: 80% of this whole list is stupid, obvious, or needless bullshit. There's maybe 20% that's a halfway decent (albeit obvious) idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Desperado Bones posted:

Actually no, my country is doing its best to be fatter than yours. :colbert:

Woo, Mexico! Fattest nation in the industrialized world! Tonga is still the world champion, though.