Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Only recently have a majority of black Americans accepted that OJ is a murderer.

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

holocaust bloopers posted:

Even if all of those accusations are false, Cosby has to be a real rear end in a top hat to invite that kind of poo poo.

Its called being rich and about to die soon.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Godholio posted:

He'll be an honorary AF colonel by next week.

Don't they invent new tenured faculty positions at the AF academy for this sort of occurrence?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

BBC America knows what's up. Patriot Games was on last night.

Two Finger posted:

Scene would go better with "America, gently caress YEAH" over the top, much like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPGyt3ZDv2Y

Adjust volume on either video as necessary.

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...Name=snoopsagan

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

OJ was innocent

only thing a Buffalo Bills player can be guilty of is losing forever

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

CBJSprague24 posted:

BBC America knows what's up. Patriot Games was on last night.

Adjust volume on either video as necessary.

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...Name=snoopsagan

Pretty good. Have to start the patriot games one at about 1:15 or so to really make it fit.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

OJ was innocent

only thing a Buffalo Bills player can be guilty of is losing forever
I hate to be the guy to bring up the whole race riots thing but the Tea Party posted about how the guy in Ferguson is clearly innocent and was clearly defending himself so working from my normal principle of 'the Tea Party are completely wrong' I can only assume that he did in fact murder a poor innocent black kid, or should I adopt the 'right twice a day' rule?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Two Finger posted:

Pretty good. Have to start the patriot games one at about 1:15 or so to really make it fit.

I hate to be the guy to bring up the whole race riots thing but the Tea Party posted about how the guy in Ferguson is clearly innocent and was clearly defending himself so working from my normal principle of 'the Tea Party are completely wrong' I can only assume that he did in fact murder a poor innocent black kid, or should I adopt the 'right twice a day' rule?

Its pretty simple to pick a side on this.

Ask yourself "what is likely to happen if I punch a cop?".

If you answer "Imma get my rear end beat or gunned down", then Wilson shouldn't have been charged.

If your answer involves blowing Al Sharpton while mumbling something about white man oppression, then he murdered an innocent man who just happened to have strong arm robbed a store clerk shortly before being turned into a pasta strainer.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-come-back.html

:france:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Two Finger posted:

The "Tea Party" position is that Mike Brown deserved to die and nothing is wrong with the way the system works so just go home and don't be mad about it. Even if I grant them Mike Brown, the system is still hosed up and needs to be changed.

So the argument that the "Tea Party" is making is an argument for the status quo, and since the status quo is hosed the Tea Party is still wrong about the broader question.

tl;dr: This is the Internet, so I'll let a lunatic yelling on the street make my argument for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABGiqizwCso

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

So, the first rocket of the Orion program was successfully launched. I wish we'd shuffle some of this DoD budget bloat in NASA's direction.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

The "Tea Party" position is that Mike Brown deserved to die and nothing is wrong with the way the system works so just go home and don't be mad about it. Even if I grant them Mike Brown, the system is still hosed up and needs to be changed.

So the argument that the "Tea Party" is making is an argument for the status quo, and since the status quo is hosed the Tea Party is still wrong about the broader question.

tl;dr: This is the Internet, so I'll let a lunatic yelling on the street make my argument for me.

Ah, so they are still wrong about everything. That's a relief.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Vasudus posted:

My industry is standing up an entire healthcare system inside the DoD because fixing the VA is so hard that it's cheaper and faster to just build a new one instead :lol:

Buddy, you aren't joking about VA. Are you with TAP, by any chance (if you an say)?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

AgentSythe posted:

Buddy, you aren't joking about VA. Are you with TAP, by any chance (if you an say)?

I am not.

It's pretty hilarious though, by uh probably mid 2018 the DoD will have an entire medical infrastrcture that's superior to the VA that was built from the ground up in roughly 10 years.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Zeroisanumber posted:

Here's a pretty good op-ed that elaborates on this position (and incidentally lines up with how I feel about the situation):
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/04/opinion/charles-blow-first-michael-brown-now-eric-garner.html?_r=0

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

quote:

among Islamist commanders, it had been noticed that some of the French were beginning to want to leave. One Frenchman was rumoured to have been beheaded when he explained to the emir that he wanted to follow his friend who had already left.

Frenchborn islamists hardly got there and already want to surrender the fight? And they say these young immigrant men can't be integrated into their host country's culture. :v:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It's like every 18 year old that joins the military thinking they're going to be dispensing freedom and killing bad guys, only to end up running the card scanning machine at the chow hall.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Orion now commencing atmospheric reentry at ~20,000 mph

edit: Descent looking good, chutes beginning to deploy. In the pipe, five-by-five :v:

edit 2: Successful splashdown :911:

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 5, 2014

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Here's a pretty good op-ed that elaborates on this position (and incidentally lines up with how I feel about the situation):
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/04/opinion/charles-blow-first-michael-brown-now-eric-garner.html?_r=0

That is a pretty good article.

iverson
Apr 25, 2012

Vasudus posted:

I am not.

It's pretty hilarious though, by uh probably mid 2018 the DoD will have an entire medical infrastrcture that's superior to the VA that was built from the ground up in roughly 10 years.

Does this new organisation take over for the existing VA or will they run (or not run) in tandem?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

iverson posted:

Does this new organisation take over for the existing VA or will they run (or not run) in tandem?

The general idea (that I am horribly paraphrasing for a number of reasons) is that the DoD is developing their health infrastructure to basically replace the VA in the early parts of the caregiving cycle. Basically no matter the injury, if you sustained it while you're on AD, the DoD wants to handle it. Once your condition has reached the point where the general mass incompetence of the VA can do the job, they hand you over. This method is both considerably cheaper and faster than trying to improve the situation with the VA.

The new military health infrastructure is so amazingly different from any previous DoD initiatives it's hard to believe Uncle Sam is behind it. We still have an incredible amount of work to do though. The general idea is that when the next big war breaks out, we might actually be prepared for it this time. It also paves the way for the VA to maybe possibly exit the general healthcare fields in the like mid-2020s.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Why's the VA so hosed anyways? Is someone trying to kill it or something?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Accretionist posted:

Why's the VA so hosed anyways? Is someone trying to kill it or something?

It's saddled with an obscene amount of political baggage and a mandate to cover a huge spectrum of care without the resources to do it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Vasudus posted:

The general idea (that I am horribly paraphrasing for a number of reasons) is that the DoD is developing their health infrastructure to basically replace the VA in the early parts of the caregiving cycle. Basically no matter the injury, if you sustained it while you're on AD, the DoD wants to handle it. Once your condition has reached the point where the general mass incompetence of the VA can do the job, they hand you over. This method is both considerably cheaper and faster than trying to improve the situation with the VA.

The new military health infrastructure is so amazingly different from any previous DoD initiatives it's hard to believe Uncle Sam is behind it. We still have an incredible amount of work to do though. The general idea is that when the next big war breaks out, we might actually be prepared for it this time. It also paves the way for the VA to maybe possibly exit the general healthcare fields in the like mid-2020s.

With luck McCain will retire before hearing about this.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/04/us-usa-arizona-shooting-idUSKCN0JI2C620141204

Phoenix cop shot dead an unarmed black man during a scuffle yesterday. Reports are the dead man was just trying to take his grandmother's pain medication to her and had a bright future ahead of him and was maliciously gunned down solely for the color of his skin. Or he was a drug dealer who fled and resisted arrest and didn't comply with any commands from the officer. Probably the former though, he was black.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vasudus posted:

Don't worry, it's the dod, they'll find a way to gently caress it up eventually.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

Don't worry, it's the dod, they'll find a way to gently caress it up eventually.

Battleforce Healthcare Futuredynamic XXI

I can't wait to see the slide deck

and how criminally they under-resource the implementation of whatever.

Nothing against Vasudus, it's just that if you replace the words "health care" in his post with anything else by the DoD, well, it starts to feel familiar.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Obviously they'll gently caress it up eventually, which is not only not my problem, I'll actually probably make more money when they do.

Thankfully we are just setting up infrastructure and not designing jets or something. The budget itself is non-discretionary funding.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/04/us-usa-arizona-shooting-idUSKCN0JI2C620141204

Phoenix cop shot dead an unarmed black man during a scuffle yesterday. Reports are the dead man was just trying to take his grandmother's pain medication to her and had a bright future ahead of him and was maliciously gunned down solely for the color of his skin. Or he was a drug dealer who fled and resisted arrest and didn't comply with any commands from the officer. Probably the former though, he was black.

quote:

It said the officer, a seven-year veteran of the department, gave him several commands to show his hands, before Brisbon "placed one or both hands in his waistband area" and then fled.

The officer chased and caught up with him, it said, and during a struggle the policeman believed he felt the handle of a gun while holding the individual's hand in his pocket.

That's quite the assumption to before firing a gun. Feel a hard object ... oh poo poo, must be a gun, better execute this dude ASAP!

That's cops for you though, better to kill a man than lose a fistfight.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

psydude posted:

It's like every 18 year old that joins the military thinking they're going to be dispensing freedom and killing bad guys, only to end up running the card scanning machine at the chow hall.

Allahu Snackbar

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Vasudus posted:

Obviously they'll gently caress it up eventually, which is not only not my problem, I'll actually probably make more money when they do.

~The circle of DODlife~

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

To be totally fair, losing a fistfight while armed without backup can literally be the end of your life, so in the absence of any other context that sort of use of force is not terrible unreasonable.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Zeris posted:

~The circle of DODlife~

no regrets

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

aka gently caress you got mine, which is the best policy.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
At least what I do ends up helping lots of folks I guess :unsmith:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah I've decided to avoid the VA healthcare system forever. It's worth whatever copay or deductible I'll owe.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That's quite the assumption to before firing a gun. Feel a hard object ... oh poo poo, must be a gun, better execute this dude ASAP!

I feel like not assaulting a police officer is a good start for not getting shot

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

Bolow posted:

I feel like not assaulting a police officer is a good start for not getting shot

Like most of the other cases, it looks like resisting arrest and trying to run away. And while I understand that the police have a legitimate cause to worry about some dumb gently caress shooting them to get out of a parking ticket, it does seem like as a general trend the threshold for assuming you are under threat justifying lethal force is a bit lower than it should be.

Of course if someone had given me a gun back when I worked at the prison looney bin there would probably have been a few more vacancies than necessary. So I don't know that I can fault the individual officers for caring more about himself getting home to their family.

Courthouse fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 6, 2014

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Bolow posted:

It's a free country bitch. Am I being detained?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Bolow posted:

I've seen the documentary End of Watch about 5 times and it seems to me like he just forgot to ask the cop to take his badge off.

• Locked thread