Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Any goon still playing want to buy a ship plan? I have a big pile of gilda and I'd rather have gold, so I'll do an in person exchange for ~95% the lowest AH buy out. I suppose I could just advertise in game, but I still trust goons more than random pubbies. Yes, even the goons who abandoned us for Wicked or whatever.

http://archeage.gamepedia.com/Mirage_Isle#Ships

Fish-Find Longliner, Lutesong Junk, Eznan Cutter are all listed on the AH for 1200-1300, I'll sell for 1100.

Merchant ship . . . not actually on the AH right now, lets call it 2200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

quote:

Thank you again so much for your patience, and we’ll see you soon in ArcheAge!
The ArcheAge Team

doubt it

SO: does faction influence anything or do people just go Templar because of ENGLAND and DA VINCI CODE?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Factions are just flavor and it mostly shows up in the after-mission reports: Dragon get sort of mysterious "we know more than the other two" stuff, Illuminati is pretty funny "we caused a lot of this, you know" stuff and I don't know about Templar because gently caress them.

There are some faction-specific missions, Templar's is apparently the best (Virgula Divina)

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

ruffz posted:

That's literally the only reason I threw down $150 for the Archeum pack

I did this too, and I only admit to it because I feel so bad about it that I want to be shamed publicly.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Sell some of your isk to recoup your losses :)

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

angerbot posted:

Factions are just flavor and it mostly shows up in the after-mission reports: Dragon get sort of mysterious "we know more than the other two" stuff, Illuminati is pretty funny "we caused a lot of this, you know" stuff and I don't know about Templar because gently caress them.

There are some faction-specific missions, Templar's is apparently the best (Virgula Divina)

Templars are basically the jaded bitter vets of the game, only two days from retirement but god dammit those illuminati and dragons are running around screaming and knocking tables over and now we gotta clean up after them.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
So what's the go to guild right now?

I played back in Alpha and burned out real bad, I'm West on Aranzeb.

Edit: So who do I poke for Valor? Name is the same ingame.

Also what the gently caress I missed so much drama.

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Dec 5, 2014

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Templars get the best Deck costumes, Illuminati get the best handler. I think even cabals are cross faction now so pick whichever you like best.

Also Illuminati aren't the ones loving everything up, that's the Orochi and the Council. Orochi might be doing it on purpose though.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Syndlig posted:

Templars are basically the jaded bitter vets of the game, only two days from retirement but god dammit those illuminati and dragons are running around screaming and knocking tables over and now we gotta clean up after them.

Sonnac is my favorite handler, and templar get the only faction specific mission to actually have some bearing on the bigger story of the game.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Bondematt posted:

So what's the go to guild right now?

I played back in Alpha and burned out real bad, I'm West on Aranzeb.

Edit: So who do I poke for Valor? Name is the same ingame.

Also what the gently caress I missed so much drama.

Balistafreak, Sulley, anyone with VaIor guild tag.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Charles Bukowski posted:

Balistafreak, Sulley, anyone with VaIor guild tag.

Be sure you find someone with the Vaior tag, not Valor. Valor are a group of pubbies that seem to be recruiting a lot of random assholes lately that are causing trouble wherever they go like knocking people off their carts or "accidentally" plowing into fishing raids with their clippers. Vaior is goons having fun.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oh very good :D

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Black Desert is going to released much earlier in the states than expected so instead of being 2015 alpha/beta 2016 release they are going to actually ship it 2015. So maybe mid year you'll see the alpha/beta.

That game looks about a hundred times better than Archage and it looks like the team behind it is more competent than XL Games plus its being published by the original korean publishers so its going to be much more solid experience than Archage. Also you cannot be cat people. Eager to see the fishing/cart/pedophile meltdowns that it will bring to these forums.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I need a good reason not to close this thread someone help me

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Widestancer posted:

I need a good reason not to close this thread someone help me

I'm still using it. :( There are tens of sad goons still playing this game.

picklefish
Aug 7, 2013
1) Untraceable apex credit dupe (no bans)
2) servers go down for 4 days

how are they going to top those gently caress ups next?

picklefish fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 5, 2014

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
widestancer dont close the thread!!!!1

it can the the mmo social

but as far as trion? lol, who knows how they can top this

they will though, rest assured

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its pretty funny though that trion was a pretty good dev as far as rift goes

I wonder how much of this is just XL Games shoving a poo poo sandwich down Trion's throat and making Trion tell everyone how great it is

or if trion has just really hosed up this badly

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Angela Christine posted:

I'm still using it. :( There are tens of sad goons still playing this game.

This is good and I'll not only keep it open but update it for you guys in the OP with any developments or guild changes that may happen

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

widestancer dont close the thread!!!!1

Okey dokey

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Black Desert is going to released much earlier in the states than expected so instead of being 2015 alpha/beta 2016 release they are going to actually ship it 2015. So maybe mid year you'll see the alpha/beta.

That game looks about a hundred times better than Archage and it looks like the team behind it is more competent than XL Games plus its being published by the original korean publishers so its going to be much more solid experience than Archage. Also you cannot be cat people. Eager to see the fishing/cart/pedophile meltdowns that it will bring to these forums.

Seems to offer a lot of the same stuff, just with much better graphics and shallow combat (from the looks of it anyway). Where's info on it being released in the US earlier than expected? I'm guessing it's going to be another expensive alpha situation where going in at launch is going to put you at a severe disadvantage.

Looking forward to fishing and seeing people rage over it though.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Archeage looked good. So no, ain't buying, maybe picking it up some time after launch but I've got games to fall back on and also still need to finish Wasteland.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

Arcade posted:

Seems to offer a lot of the same stuff, just with much better graphics and shallow combat (from the looks of it anyway). Where's info on it being released in the US earlier than expected? I'm guessing it's going to be another expensive alpha situation where going in at launch is going to put you at a severe disadvantage.

Looking forward to fishing and seeing people rage over it though.

The only place I've seen info like this is on the fansite: http://black-desert.com/news/daum-to-bring-black-desert-next-year-to-the-western-market/

Relatedly, here is your obligatory post about fishing: http://black-desert.com/news/new-trailer-introducing-unique-activities/

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Looking forward to Black Desert fresh after experiencing Archeage is completely retarded and also exactly the kind of behavior I'd expect from MMO players. Anyone who is already getting excited for it deserves to be parted from whatever stupid amount of money they blow on alpha access for it.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Chomp8645 posted:

Looking forward to Black Desert fresh after experiencing Archeage is completely retarded and also exactly the kind of behavior I'd expect from MMO players. Anyone who is already getting excited for it deserves to be parted from whatever stupid amount of money they blow on alpha access for it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Feedz told me its even less sandboxy than Archeage, soooo

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

The combat just looks really bad.

I'll play it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eonwe posted:

Feedz told me its even less sandboxy than Archeage, soooo

The only thing goons care about in terms of sandbox is whether:
1)They can fish
2)They can have a garden
3)They can run carts
4)Has some horrible form of milquetoast pvp

Boom there it is, meets all the criteria.

e-Oh wait I remember, there are actual consequences for PVPing in BD because people can drop loot or have it degrade upon death. So that will probably scare a lot of goons away.

Arcade posted:

The combat just looks really bad.

I'll play it.
Well if you prefer click based MMOs then archage will probably be more fun for you, if you want to play something closer to teras combat then BD would be better.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if all you terrible motherfuckers buy it I will too probably lets all just take a moment to realise we are legit dumb and bad people

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
dont buy mmos anymore

dont do it

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

e-Oh wait I remember, there are actual consequences for PVPing in BD because people can drop loot or have it degrade upon death. So that will probably scare a lot of goons away.

As well it should. People getting excited for BD must either not have played lineage 2 or don't remember it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

dont buy mmos anymore

dont do it

if I do its because im investing in a black desert future where we can all shitpost in that thread too

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but on the real guys - dont make black desert a thing please because you will be disappointed and ill be out money because you made me buy it

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

If we want to avoid disappointment, we'd just have to give up on the genre.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Bauxite posted:

As well it should. People getting excited for BD must either not have played lineage 2 or don't remember it.

I did, a decade ago, and I can still remember the name of the chinese bot that swooped in and picked up my chest armour I dropped when a mob killed me. Chest armour that took weeks and weeks to grind for. gently caress that game.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

SumYungGui posted:

Be sure you find someone with the Vaior tag, not Valor. Valor are a group of pubbies that seem to be recruiting a lot of random assholes lately that are causing trouble wherever they go like knocking people off their carts or "accidentally" plowing into fishing raids with their clippers. Vaior is goons having fun.

worth noting that this is exactly the stuff that goons do to "have fun" in archeage

maybe we're not so different after all...

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Charles Bukowski posted:

I did, a decade ago, and I can still remember the name of the chinese bot that swooped in and picked up my chest armour I dropped when a mob killed me. Chest armour that took weeks and weeks to grind for. gently caress that game.

lol owned

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

atlas of bugs posted:

worth noting that this is exactly the stuff that goons do to "have fun" in archeage

no goons fish to have fun

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Arcade posted:

If we want to avoid disappointment, we'd just have to give up on the genre.

Wows ok if you're not into sandbox stuff.:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

atlas of bugs posted:

but yea - goons like to use the word pubbie as some kind of insult, but goons are literally pubbies who paid 10 dollars to papa lowtax to post on a message board

• Locked thread