Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

There were so many cool characters that got cut from the anime Stars, like Sailors Lethe and Mnemosyne.

Two in one day! Yessssss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
I like Heavy Metal Papillon, the only other Sailor besides Moon to have a child in canon. Pity she never made the cut.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

my favorite sailor guardian is tuxedo mask

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:3:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Maybe, if Crystal doesn't go completely south (and it's begining to look that way) and they get to Stars they could get Gen to direct it or something.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Holy poo poo SuperS, 8 episodes in and other than the third episode its been nothing but Tiger's Eye plots, he's loving hilariously terrible at what he does but goddamn. You've got three guys and another villain set left to kill off/convert to good and 39 episodes to do it with, Lets expedite this process.

Though to be fair S had its own issues with villain pacing considering Kaorinite, Eudial and Mimete all got multiple episodes of their stuff while Tellu, Viluy and Cyprine/Ptitol got offed basically immediately after they were introduced.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

What is the context of this?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Maybe, if Crystal doesn't go completely south (and it's begining to look that way) and they get to Stars they could get Gen to direct it or something.

what.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

He's saying if Crystal somehow gets to the Stars arc they could get the guy who directed Madoka to direct it.

Because Stars is like Madoka I guess.

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!

Pastrymancy posted:

What is the context of this?

Usagi's daydream in a beach filler

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

RMZXAnarchy posted:

He's saying if Crystal somehow gets to the Stars arc they could get the guy who directed Madoka to direct it.

Because Stars is like Madoka I guess.

It'd certainly be something to get someone who has only ever written scripts to direct a show, that's for sure.

(Shinbo was the director for that one)

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Srice posted:

It'd certainly be something to get someone who has only ever written scripts to direct a show, that's for sure.

(Shinbo was the director for that one)

Hey don't look at me I'm not the one who said Gen should direct it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Hands in the air on that one. I goofed.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

why would you want the guy who would turn it into one of those fanfiction where Serenity is a brainwashing dictator and Crystal Tokyo's utopia is bad anywhere near it anyway

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Hey Kamen Rider Gaim had a happy ending.

Er...sort of. I mean not so much for Micchy. Or Kaito. Or Jounochi. Or most of the universe. But things turned out okay for Kouta and Mai! Well, mostly at least.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

aers posted:

Serenity is a brainwashing dictator

Beryl is trying to fight for your freedoms, WAKE UP sheeple

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

aers posted:

why would you want the guy who would turn it into one of those fanfiction where Serenity is a brainwashing dictator and Crystal Tokyo's utopia is bad anywhere near it anyway

I was thinking on the platform of shaft visuals for all the space stuff but that would probably be Shinbo's doing and I have my hang ups about him.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

aers posted:

Because he might have tyrant Usagi make out with Rei. Also because people have forgotten about Ikuhara.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

aers posted:

death phantom did nothing wrong

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

a cartoon duck posted:

death phantom did nothing wrong

Other then kill a lot of people and turn himself in an evil planet.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Drown your sorrows about anything in the new anime that you dislike with this official flask*

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/165...mpaign=UK_BUYER

*definitely not official

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

For those who are watching the dub episodes 24-37 have appeared on Hulu/Neon Alley.

I imagine they'll only be available for a week or two until they vanish again.

Video issues are still there but its much less noticable through streaming (because streaming always looks like poo poo.)

Can't wait for them to be even more pronounced in the boxset!

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Nov 22, 2014

ultimatemegax
Feb 20, 2006

Damn Kiva symbols....

RMZXAnarchy posted:

For those who are watching the dub episodes 24-37 have appeared on Hulu/Neon Alley.

I imagine they'll only be available for a week or two until they vanish again.

Adding one to your queue shows these will be taken down on January 10th. That's usually when Viz removes a dub preview on Hulu before disc release.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Either way, its a good thing they're letting people get more of a taste of Makoto and Minakos new voices (And I guess Artemis as well) rather than just the clips they put up (Which were sort of poor for Minako, honestly, she barely said anything in the first one and the second one was mostly Usagi talking.)

If there's anything right with Viz's treatment of the show, the dub is still great. Good to know 25 episodes everybody seems to have settled into their roles and hopefully once R hits they'll be even better.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A presentation of the Sailor Scouts in which everyone’s height is directly proportional to the size of their guardian celestial body.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Once again, Jupiter is the best.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Waffleman_ posted:

Once again, Jupiter is the best.

Sailor Galaxia!

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

The first episode where Fisheye tries to find pegasus. :allears: I love the incredibly worthless monsters, I love it more when they get uncerimoniously smacked in the back of the head with a rose.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Despite all the video woes, I do have to say the new dub is really solid. Sailor Jupiter :allears: I can't wait for them to upload the finale.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Yeah, the new dub is great! It makes me feel like a kid again, but I still struggle with calling people Usagi and Makoto. Hopefully I can get used to it and go back and read the manga like a true loser to find out how it ends.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

38-46 of the dub are going up on Hulu early tomorrow.

Also ep 11 of Crystal for those who haven't dropped it yet.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Even though I've been loving Crystal despite its flaws, episode 10 was really lackluster and the first episode where I just kinda felt like "Eh..." Hopefully episode 11 will fix that.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Twelve by Pies posted:

Even though I've been loving Crystal despite its flaws, episode 10 was really lackluster and the first episode where I just kinda felt like "Eh..." Hopefully episode 11 will fix that.

I looked up that thing in your av. That's, uh, something all right...

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Some kind soul in the webcomics thread bough likpa avatars for people who didn't have any.

It likpates.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Twelve by Pies posted:

Same boat here, episode 10 was the first one I can truly say I didn't like it, but 11 seemed to be a bit better in that regard. I do enjoy when the girls interact and feel like (at least vaguely) fully formed characters.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

From what I've seen based on the Twitter feed's posts its basically the same thing as the Manga Act 11?

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

RMZXAnarchy posted:

From what I've seen based on the Twitter feed's posts its basically the same thing as the Manga Act 11?

Except that they made Senshi/Shitennou canon, which it never was in the manga.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I honestly don't mind that too much even though it's dumb, and they almost certainly won't survive more than a couple of more episodes anyway (has the episode even aired yet? I can't remember what time it airs compared to east coast US time). What really bothered me was the "Oh no we can't attack them because we're in love with them!" thing. That was garbage. Like you want to pair them off because of an art that Naoko did, sure, fun little nod to the fans. But then turning the Senshi weak and whiny because of it? Ugh.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The end of Codename V straight-up confirms Venus and Kunzite were an item, plus there's a flashback where Venus starts blushing after meeting Kunzite. Also in the Casablanca Memories side chapter Rei suddenly remembers Jadeite when an enemy plot makes her remember an old crush.

I don't think there's anything for the other two couples other than that one chapter title page but we're already halfway there at this point anyway. It's no secret Takeuchi was making poo poo up as she went along, so I guess when she decided the Four Kings should be Prince Endymion's former guard she also figured the prince and princess guards should mirror their royalty's relationship. Only at that point she had already killed three of them off so she only sprinkled stuff in side chapters because having the Sailor Team guild trip over killing their ex-boyfriends would've been dumb or something.

In any case, it's super canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This new episode was pretty boring.

• Locked thread