Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
Various Christmas gifts:

The Codex Seraphinianus, one of the weirdest and coolest art books ever produced

Bath bombs

1300 Real and Fanciful Animals from 17th-century Engravings

Super compact binoculars for kitchen-window birding

Moscow mule mugs

The Atlas of Remote Islands

A book of Tom Guald cartoons

Several monogrammed space pens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

:stonklol:

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

I got it as a gift last Christmas and I'm pretty sure the gift giver paid like 50 or 60 bucks...

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Here you go, $80 and in stock.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Yeah, they did a re-printing of it last year.

The original one from the...70's(?) is hundreds and hundreds of dollars, but the re-print is under $100, and totally worth it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Mix someone who is bad with money and has disposable income with amazon lightning deals and you get purchases like this. What am I going to do with this night vision goggle set? I don't know, but I'll feel cool as hell playing around with it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Well, you could always piss of a T-Rex.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Murphy Brownback posted:

Mix someone who is bad with money and has disposable income with amazon lightning deals and you get purchases like this. What am I going to do with this night vision goggle set? I don't know, but I'll feel cool as hell playing around with it.

Paying for the privilege of baffling your friends and family is money well spent.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Murphy Brownback posted:

Don't tell your friends that you own it. Go camping with a bunch of them and do something tricky.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

This really makes me happy, since I got this as a Christmas present for a group of friends who have a house together, and the name on the shipping address is a weird amalgamation of all three of their names. It does make me wonder if my name is on the cards though, since it's the name on the credit card that paid. Either way, it's going to be fun when all this stuff starts showing up at their house without any advance warning.

Damnit, I just left today for two weeks so I'm going to miss the fun of tiny daily packages. I'll just get a pile of them when I get home.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Murphy Brownback posted:

Is it heavy?

Then it's expensive, so put em back :colbert:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

*gets eaten on the toilet*

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
Just picked this up last night:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Merica posted:

The last of the V8 Interceptors... a piece of history!

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Brilliant. My sister's an avid tall-ship sailer, and this will work perfectly for her Christmas. Thanks!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
The old Product Recommendation thread is closed, so I'll ask here:

Anyone know of a good remote car starter? Looking to get one for my girlfriend for Christmas.

If it matters, she drives s 2014 Yaris.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Is this a gun that shoots the operator in silence?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

DrBouvenstein posted:

The old Product Recommendation thread is closed, so I'll ask here:

Anyone know of a good remote car starter? Looking to get one for my girlfriend for Christmas.

If it matters, she drives s 2014 Yaris.

New thread here.

Ideally you'll want to either go to a dealer and have the factory part installed, or else have a high quality aftermarket unit professionally installed. The cheaper ones generally work by taping an extra key to the inside of the steering column to bypass the PATS (passive anti-theft system), at which point someone can literally hot wire the car.

Unfortunately I have zero experience with adding a remote starter, so all I can suggest is the OEM part through a dealer.

You might get better results asking this in the AI stupid questions thread.

Geoj has a new favorite as of 00:01 on Dec 5, 2014

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Went to a local game developer conference today where I won this iPad mini in a game pitch competition!
SWEET!
I have no idea how to use it or why.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Merica posted:

You must be pretty strong!!

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

Cage posted:

Is this a gun that shoots the operator in silence?

I too would like to know what this is?
Anything to do with fishing?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Merica posted:

The license plate better say 'Merica'.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Derek of the Andes posted:

I too would like to know what this is?
Anything to do with fishing?

It's a lower receiver for an AR 15 pistol.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
This arrived today after i got it on a Black Friday sale:

It is the coziest, softest thing on the goddamn planet.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
I got a used black Olympus VG-160 digital camera in great condition for about $44, which is a good price for such a well reviewed camera. My first camera capable of HD video.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

Sappo569 posted:

The license plate better say 'Merica'.

hopefully it will once I go and get plates.

Erudite Sybarite
Jun 11, 2007

Is that a first edition? I'm oddly aroused.

All for $25.

I like living in a college town. People like to sell things incredibly cheap around the end of the semester before they leave.

And tomorrow I get to buy a new window! Thank you, dog who tries to kill the cats through the window! :woof:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
3 pairs of glasses off Zenni Optical for about 80$.

They had a buy 2 get 1 free with free shipping sale, and I had to get some some various colors of sunshades.

BLUE MIRRORED CHROME. DEAR GOD IT WILL BE LOVELY.

Or tacky, gently caress it, it was the free set :allears:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

This arrived today after i got it on a Black Friday sale:

It is the coziest, softest thing on the goddamn planet.
Got a link? Might pick up one of these for the boyfriend. We do love us some cozy.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I've tried to find a good one like that too. Usually the collar is way too big or some other nonsense.

I almost bought these a while back, but glad I didn't. Went shopping and noticed one store had 30% off today :

(Nudie Grim Tim)

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Night Danger Moose posted:

Got a link? Might pick up one of these for the boyfriend. We do love us some cozy.

Be warned, they're drat pricy. I'd been eyeing this one for a while but could never bring myself to buy it, but I got an unexpected check right before END had their Black Friday sale, so...
http://www.endclothing.com/brands/inverallan

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Mechanix gloves because my current gloves are starting to die and these seem to have some pretty good reviews.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Got my Gursky print from the framers today. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

It's about 48" diagonal with frame.

Thanks again, Woot Fatigue for helping me with that source image.

I got some headphones for playing Xbox.

It makes finding hidden poo poo in Far Cry 4 easier, and the sound quality is surprisingly good for the price.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Got a Batman usb flash drive cause it looks like something that would be in his utility belt.

6$ shipped on ebay, with the option to PICK UP IN STORE AT BEST BUY HOLY gently caress THAT IS AMAZING.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Mechanix gloves because my current gloves are starting to die and these seem to have some pretty good reviews.

They are the best. Congrats on the color which is also the best.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Gonna need a link

E: found it http://www.rockabilia.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=%22Christmas+queens+of+the+stone+age+sweater

beanieson has a new favorite as of 01:29 on Dec 7, 2014

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
man, if it didn't have the deer sex I'd buy that for my brother in a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Glottis posted:

man, if it didn't have the deer sex I'd buy that for my brother in a second.

Not just deer sex, but gay reindeer sex.