Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I spent part of my childhood in a place where the infrastructure was collapsing and there was no funding to correct it, and all of the tap water tasted like rotten egg and had rusty metal flakes in it. Brita filters and water flavouring were a necessity.

Although there was a playground that was a ground pump, and I used to drink straight out of that. Probably explains a lot these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Len posted:

*gasp* Sometimes people want a flavored water?! Why I never!

I just looked it up out of curiosity one Mio has 24 uses to it. I highly doubt people only use it as instructed but that ~$3 container puts flavor into 192 ounces (5.7ish liters) of water. I think you guys are just looking for another reason to go "AMERICA FAT :gonk:"

Sorry, "flavor" (as you put it) is not necessary to support life functions. You should only ever drink plain water because that's all your body needs.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Geoj posted:

Sorry, "flavor" (as you put it) is not necessary to support life functions. You should only ever drink plain water because that's all your body needs.

I, too, subsist only on tofu cubes and pure water, fellow human.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Look at all these plebes who haven't learned to photosynthesize

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

NotAnArtist posted:

Shhh! The invasion hasn't begun yet. It is not yet time to reveal ourselves.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

NotAnArtist posted:

Suck the piss out of my body like a Capri Sun.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Can you live on your own semen and piss indefinitely.

If you do, is that a 'life hack'?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Meowjesty posted:

Can you live on your own semen and piss indefinitely.

If you do, is that a 'life hack'?

No, we call that a 'jack snack.'

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I had no idea goons would get so upset over flavored water.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

goons get upset about anything involving taste

also smell, sight, hearing and touch

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

SaltLick posted:

I had no idea goons would get so upset over flavored water.

Oh you sweet summer child what you know about goons?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

bunnyofdoom posted:

Oh you sweet summer child what you know about goons?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Don't like buying flavoured water? Just buy squash and add it to your tap water at home!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Lifehack: Stop drinking water and become a living Buddha. Eat only salt, nuts, pine bark, and urushi tea. Be revered forever. Attain eternal life and transcend this mortal existence.

Also make sure you wear sunglasses when you do it because you will be cool forever if you do.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Screaming Idiot posted:

Lifehack: Stop drinking water and become a living Buddha. Eat only salt, nuts, pine bark, and urushi tea. Be revered forever. Attain eternal life and transcend this mortal existence.

Also make sure you wear sunglasses when you do it because you will be cool forever if you do.

I dunno. All of those things have flavor. Can't have things that taste good in your life.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I loving LOVE PINE BARK OKAY

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Screaming Idiot posted:

I loving LOVE PINE BARK OKAY

Go back to British Columbia where you belong, you pest D:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Guys, where can I buy pine bark-flavored Mio online?

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Is mio the one where they advertised it by showing a bunch of different animals wanting to gently caress each other?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

blackmanjew posted:

Is mio the one where they advertised it by showing a bunch of different animals wanting to gently caress each other?

I think that's Orangina.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Geokinesis posted:

Don't like buying flavoured water? Just buy squash and add it to your tap water at home!

Americans will think that you're asking them to add a large zucchini to their water.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

axolotl farmer posted:

Americans will think that you're asking them to add a large zucchini to their water.

We're not so Mio-fattened that we can't extrapolate from context.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

bringmyfishback posted:

We're not so Mio-fattened that we can't extrapolate from context.

Are you sure? I imagined someone blending a gourd into their drink until I read axolotl farmer's post. Then, I remembered the angry guy asking for "a gin and orange, a lemon squash, and a scotch and water" in episode one of the greatest television comedy of all time. Then, I realized we need this kind of squash in the United States. Then, I remembered we have Mio. Now, I have a headache.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
What other kind of squash is there besides the vegetables?

E: and that weird sport thing

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

GenericOverusedName posted:

What other kind of squash is there besides the vegetables?

E: and that weird sport thing

It's basically juice syrup that you mix with water or alcohol, and I guess the closest thing we have in America is those tubes of frozen juice concentrate.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Ahh, it's saft.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Watching a vendor's presentation for document retention for work, and the guy's opening about lifehacks contained this gem- if your daughter wants help making a ponytail, put a rubber band on the end of a vacuum hose, turn it on and point it at the back of her head, then slide the rubber band off the nozzle :stare: He did at least say "if your daughter isn't scared the vacuum cleaner"

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It's basically juice syrup that you mix with water or alcohol, and I guess the closest thing we have in America is those tubes of frozen juice concentrate.

We used to have liquid sweet drink mix in the US, but I think it never caught on because Kool-Aid and Flavor-Aid and other powdered sweet drink mixes were more convenient.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

C-Euro posted:

Watching a vendor's presentation for document retention for work, and the guy's opening about lifehacks contained this gem- if your daughter wants help making a ponytail, put a rubber band on the end of a vacuum hose, turn it on and point it at the back of her head, then slide the rubber band off the nozzle :stare: He did at least say "if your daughter isn't scared the vacuum cleaner"

All of this is terrible, but I really winced at the rubber band bit. Those things get stuck in your hair and hurt like gently caress when you try to pull them out. Just thinking about it is making me cringe.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

We used to have liquid sweet drink mix in the US, but I think it never caught on because Kool-Aid and Flavor-Aid and other powdered sweet drink mixes were more convenient.

You can still buy Torani at most major stores.

Pistoph
Jul 4, 2014

C-Euro posted:

There's even a gif for it.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

C-Euro posted:

A perfect life hack! A complicated and terrible solution to a problem no one has. Seriously, how challenged is this guy that he struggles to form a ponytail on his daughter's head? :stare:

Here are some "fun" hair hacks.

Pistoph posted:

Jesus wept. (Well, at least he's using a hairband there and not a rubber band.)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

hyperhazard posted:

All of this is terrible, but I really winced at the rubber band bit. Those things get stuck in your hair and hurt like gently caress when you try to pull them out. Just thinking about it is making me cringe.

He may have said hairband, I wasn't paying attention. Either way I turned off the presentation as soon as he said that, we probably weren't going to work with these guys anyway and that seals it for me :v:

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

Pistoph posted:

This will always make me laugh. Just a baby step up from this:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

drat Bananas posted:

Desperate times I guess. I once made a belt out of zip ties.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Karma Monkey posted:

Jesus wept. (Well, at least he's using a hairband there and not a rubber band.)

I suspect this is a guy thing. Someone who has never dealt with long hair attempts to put a ponytail in his daughter's hair for the first time, yanks a strand wrong and elicits that piercing little girl scream. Once his ears stop bleeding he invents this hack. It is complicated, time consuming, kind of unsanitary, and does a poor job, but it is painless.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Angela Christine posted:

I suspect this is a guy thing.

No poo poo?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Angela Christine posted:

It is complicated, time consuming, kind of unsanitary, and does a poor job, but it is painless.

So it's a Dadhack.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

So it's a Dadhack.

no, he said painless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

drat Bananas posted:

Go gently caress yourself. Sometimes I don't have a hair elastic on me at work, but I always have a handful of zip ties! :argh: