Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010

Roman Reigns posted:

Gotta finish that bucket list, even if it costs losing the memory of your own wedding day

At least he'll forget being fired on his wedding day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Benne posted:

He'll do one fight in Chicago against the canniest can Dana can find, maybe go the distance if he's lucky, and then see if he wants to do more. This strikes me as one of those bucket list-type things.

He said he didn't care whether he won or lost but he always wanted to do it, they're going to interview him on Fox Sports 1 at 1AM

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Supreme Allah posted:

You know, he's probably going to get bodied by a legitimate fighter that's pissed about these 'part timers and celebrities' getting more money for popping buy rates than said fighter. Punk is now what he hates.

"You are no longer the Chicago Blackhawks. You have become the LA Kings"

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Minitrue posted:

At least he'll forget being fired on his wedding day.

"I guess I'm not cut out for UFC...at least I've still got the WWE waiting for me. Why are you looking at me like that, AJ?"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Supreme Allah posted:

You know, he's probably going to get bodied by a legitimate fighter that's pissed about these 'part timers and celebrities' getting more money for popping buy rates than said fighter. Punk is now what he hates.

And that man will be Vince Lucero.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Sigma posted:

Look in my eyes
What do you see?
A guy get killed on live TV

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

ayn rand hand job posted:

When a leader speaks that leader dies.

You won't have to follow me.
Watch me die on Pee Pee Vee.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Roman Reigns posted:

Gotta finish that bucket list, even if it costs losing the memory of your own wedding day
This is why cameras and recording devices were made!

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Punk returns with a Memento gimmick

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

Not quite

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Roman Reigns posted:

Punk returns with a Memento gimmick

"The guy who killed AJ was drug free..."

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is surreal and fills me with conflicting emotions on many levels.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Roman Reigns posted:

Given divorce rates most everyone wants to lose that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Supreme Allah posted:

I'd say it's more likely some rookie is going to be delighted to be in a match that gets him a lot of attention. If Punk was coming in and immediately getting a title fight against the top guy in his weight division, he'd be becoming what he hates.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Jerusalem posted:

I'd say it's more likely some rookie is going to be delighted to be in a match that gets him a lot of attention. If Punk was coming in and immediately getting a title fight against the top guy in his weight division, he'd be becoming what he hates.

The St Louis Cardinals?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

That and UFC's PPV bonus structure is contractual so when someone else comes in and draws a huge number some of that PPV money will actually go to the established guys.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Roman Reigns posted:

Maybe he'll forget why he was mad at the WWE and return...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sigma posted:

Not quite

before:

week 1:
week 2:
week 3:
week 4:

after:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

See I can't do that, I have a fear of needles; guess I'll just continue my "go to the LA Fitness and run on the elipitcal for 45 minutes then walk back home" workout

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

I wish i could get that big juicing. :smith:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

CM Punk is using his name to do whatever he wants and make a lot of money good for him and lol WWE.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I hope he and Dana do gangbusters and HHH puts his fist through a wall in a fit of rage.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

I wish i could get that big juicing. :smith:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I kinda hope he loses badly. Just cause it would be really loving funny if he lost badly.

If I could have that while simultaneously have him not being hurt for reals, that would be amazing. If you could somehow throw in Triple H being shamed, best night

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gonz posted:

I hope he and Dana do gangbusters and HHH puts his fist through a wall in a fit of rage.

HHH will then create a new WWE Brawl for All, with himself as a contestant.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

RZApublican posted:

HHH will then create a new WWE Brawl for All, with himself as a contestant.

Brawl For All 2015: Featuring Triple H vs. Tom Ato Cannes.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gonz posted:

Tom Ato Cannes

I was wondering what Norv Fernum was doing these days.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gonz posted:

Brawl For All 2015: Featuring Triple H vs. Tom Ato Cannes.

JK Rowling posted this 15 years ago and made a billion dollars.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Jerusalem posted:

If he gets a title fight against the top guy in his division, all that he will become is a corpse.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

According to Mike Coughlin, Punk was promised a main event very close to Mania, so lol at that.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Dana already said he wasn't going in the Brock Lesnar direction of throwing him straight to the wolves. He's going to ease Punk into this and give him winnable fights to start; and it's going to be loving awesome if he can win a few of those.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Onmi posted:

I kinda hope he loses badly. Just cause it would be really loving funny if he lost badly.

If I could have that while simultaneously have him not being hurt for reals, that would be amazing. If you could somehow throw in Triple H being shamed, best night

Punk bursts out at the other guy, hitting him with a pedigree. The guy no sells it, then puts Punk into a hold and he immediately taps.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

CM Punk is using his name to do whatever he wants and make a lot of money good for him and lol WWE.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
lol cm punk what are you doing...

--

The house show in Fairfax was great. Rusev and Lana come out first, and everyone around me finds out I'm a heel mark. Lana gets on the mic to tell us how americans are cowardly and week, and I enthusiastically shout out "YOU ARE RIGHT. YES." Luckily I'm amusing the people near me.

Jack Swagger comes out. I applaud politely, since I'm not a total jerk. They have a great match. Rusev is a pro at selling his anklepains after a Patriot Lock attempt. Both guys get a chance to play with their flags during the match. The end has Rusev apply the Accolade, Swagger attempts a reverse but fails. Swagger uses his last energy to tap out. Rusev triumphant. I chant YOU TAPPED OUT. Lana orders Rusev to CRUSH again, but Swagger recovers just in time to send Rusev out of the ring. Booo Swagger. Boooo.

Titus comes out. he doesn't look happy but I cheer and UHRAA UHRAA UHRAA at him anyway. Then its Adam Rose and I cheer for him too because gently caress the haters. Rose gets to do a lot of his spots that I like, such as jumping into Titus's arms and going "hey sup, how you doin". The bunny provides a distraction, but the rollover pin was botched due to the ref getting in the way.

DIVAS TAG MATCH and I'm not wanting to get up and take a piss, wtf? They actually let the divas have personality and do fun spots on house shows. I enjoyed it.

WELL IT'S THE BIG SHOW. He cuts a promo about how dare we judge him, he didn't sell out he bought in. I chant YOU BOUGHT IN. Kid in front of me just wants to talk poo poo at Show, and Show can hear him. "YOU SUCK BIG SHOW!" "I don't suck! I'm not from here!" Rowan comes out and they have big man fight. I yell I WANT STAIRS! Show whips Rowan into the steps. THANK YOU BIG SHOW!

In person those steps don't look anywhere as hard or heavy as they do on TV. I wouldn't want Big Show to whip me into them tho.

Alex Riley is here? He's still wrestling? Oh he's from Fairfax okay cool. OH poo poo TYSON KIDD YEAAAAHHHH TYSON! Dude is a great heel, really works the crowd. Subtle too. Kidd yelling at Big Show earlier is yelling at Kidd. "YOU CAN DO BETTER NATTIE!" Kidd just gives the subtlest yet unmissable "yeah right, gently caress off" sideways glance at him. Crowd chants NATTIE'S HUSBAND, I respond BEATS BY DRE.

GOLD AND STAR DUST! Why I came to the show in the first place. Star Dust is kinda over as he talks about black holes. Goldy's is trying to heel but damnit everyone still loves ya Dustin. Uso's music hits and every child in the arena loses their minds. Uso's grab the mic and ask the crowd "You you even understand what this weirdo is talking about?" I jump out of my seat and as loud as I can I start a YES chant that actually takes off with some people in the crowd. Great Match. Small children yell at me for cheering on my heroes from outer space.

STREET FIGHT! Bray v Ambrose. As mentioned before by Q7kid the arena was about half-full, but everyone pulled out their fireflies and swayed to and fro to Broken Down in Love anyway and it still looked kinda cool. Loved Bray's table tease followed by NO. Loved when Ambrose sold having his eye poked out from having it rammed into the tip of a kendo stick propped onto the turnbuckle. Lotsa brawlin and fightin.

All in all, good wrestleman fun.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

sportsgenius86 posted:

According to Mike Coughlin, Punk was promised a main event very close to Mania, so lol at that.

That was a joke by him.

But regardless, Punk is a big dumb idiot and is going to get murdered by anyone in the UFC unless they go the Mickey Rourke route. Can't believe he's playing up his junior high kenpo lessons and a few months of Gracie immersion camps. I've been training bjj since '08 and did shotokan in elementary school - match me up with Punk.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Jerusalem posted:

Maybe one day WWE will politely ask him if HHH can accompany him to the ring for a fight :shobon:
And then tells the UFC announcers to not mention the big nosed guy way at the back who's trying too hard to look badass.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Euthyphro posted:

That was a joke by him.

But regardless, Punk is a big dumb idiot and is going to get murdered by anyone in the UFC unless they go the Mickey Rourke route. Can't believe he's playing up his junior high kenpo lessons and a few months of Gracie immersion camps. I've been training bjj since '08 and did shotokan in elementary school - match me up with Punk.

How is he a dumb idiot by using his name and likeness to do something that he wants to do? No one will really care if he loses. He wants to see if he can do it and all the power to him for having the pull to arrange it.

Like the worst that can happen to him is he gets his rear end kicked on global television, which he already did unintentionally by Ryback.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Like the worst that can happen to him is he gets his rear end kicked on global television, which he already did unintentionally by Ryback.

This is a genuinely bad thing. Look at TJ Grant.

Some people shake off rear end kickings. Some don't. No guarantees that a 37 year old with zero fighting experience will leave a professional MMA fight without permanent injuries.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

oatgan posted:

After this I want him to start getting into Hollywood or at least TV acting, he's already writing for Marvel, maybe they'll give him something to do.

What D-List hero/villain can they have him play on Agents of Shield?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

achillesforever6 posted:

What D-List hero/villain can they have him play on Agents of Shield?

wolverine

• Locked thread