Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

Calico Heart posted:

When Galaxy came out I went to a midnight release (yeah I know) and Charles Martinet was signing copies of the game. When I went into the store they asked me if I wanted to go in the line to get my copy signed or the line to just get the game, and I couldn't help but think "who is a big enough fan of Mari to go to a midnight release but doesn't have the extra two minutes to get the game signed by Mario?"

When I met Charles Martinet he was kinda just being polite and working through the line and I told him that he and Mel Blanc were the voices of my childhood and he suddenly sorta sprang to life and his eyes woke up and he had a huge smile and thanked me and it was really great that's my story thanks

^^ That's awesome!

Kirby's Crazy Apetite is not awesome though :(

I can't believe there's a time limit on top of everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?

Iserlohn posted:

^^ That's awesome!

I beat it by copying one of the Dededes. His inhale gives you 1.5x healing on each food item.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Iserlohn posted:

^^ That's awesome!

Yeah I have been stuck on this one too. I can get down to like 25% regularly but...

DaMangoSentinel posted:

I beat it by copying one of the Dededes. His inhale gives you 1.5x healing on each food item.

I love you.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
For everyone who missed them :siren: Gamecube adapters are being restocked by Gamestop on Dec. 15th. They can be pre-ordered online at retail price :siren:

I don't know if this means that Nintendo is actually sending out a second shipment or if Gamestop worked out some deal to get more from a different source, but get 'em before they sell out again.

EDIT: Sold out already

LanceKing2200 fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 8, 2014

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

LanceKing2200 posted:

For everyone who missed them :siren: Gamecube adapters are being restocked by Gamestop on Dec. 15th. They can be pre-ordered online at retail price :siren:

I think you'll find that they're all sold out, but GameStop does have a large shipment of used ones available at 25% over retail!

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

LanceKing2200 posted:

I don't know if this means that Nintendo is actually sending out a second shipment or if Gamestop worked out some deal to get more from a different source, but get 'em before they sell out again.

Thanks for that. Got mine pre-ordered.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

Rikimaru posted:

Are there unlocks for the level editor? It sort of sucks as is. Am I mIssing something?

Turn on the grid and it's approx. 100x better.

Also I'm mad it wouldn't let me make a level that is nothing but springs :colbert:

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

LanceKing2200 posted:

When I try to get through checkout it removes it from my shopping cart citing availability :smith:

Thanks for the heads up though

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

LanceKing2200 posted:

I tried preordering from both Europe and Japan, and both were cancelled, I got on this and hopefully 3rd time's a charm.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Wow, sold out again already? I'm glad I got a pre-order in, then. :ohdear:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Yup, sold out in less than 2 hours :/

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Fhate posted:

You are awfully fond of mentioning your proximity to the Nintendo World Store. One might say you're really feeling it.

It's 20 minutes away and has live appearences by Mario via CGI telepresence. It's :krad:

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

A Yolo Wizard posted:

I just asked the TRU.com chat rep and was told they'd be back in stock, "very soon"

aaaaaaaand now the marth product page has been removed

edit: nevermind, thats apparently normal in periods of real low stock - actual nintendo people have confirmed otherwise regarding amiibo stuff.

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 8, 2014

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Does anyone have any megaman pointers? I either do really good as him or I get 2 stocked by the simplest people

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

horchata posted:

Does anyone have any megaman pointers? I either do really good as him or I get 2 stocked by the simplest people

Play like the biggest bitch rear end motherfucker imaginable. Run constantly.

Don't play megaman.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

horchata posted:

I picked him up recently and he's strange because all of his good moves are moves that aren't very good on other characters. His dash attack is mediocre, his up smash is mediocre, and his forward smash is only good at a range, it has too much ending lag up close. On the other hand:

His down tilt is great for approach
His down smash is great for kills
His up tilt is great for kills
Both his B and Side B are good for range
His throws are all excellent
His f-air is like Melee Marth's f-air
His b-air is solid too.

He's similar to Luigi, in that he only works well in certain ways, and you have to avoid using his bad moves (like down B).

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

horchata posted:

I'm not great but here are some general pointers since I have played him a lot:

- the lemons are kinda weak and short ranged but since you can move while shooting them you can get people to shield and then grab them; I have never been great at reading a shield into a grab but I can do this constantly as MM
- when I grab I like to up throw into an up air since up-airs are huge now; there might be better combos out of down throw though
- side smash is really telegraphed but is great at punishing people who roll too much and also for edge guarding
- the slide (down tilt) is awesome since it moves a good distance, has decent knockback/up, comes out of nowhere and can duck most projectiles
- I usually use forward and back air when approaching because the both do solid damage and have reach
- I have no idea how to use his down-B effectively and his other B's (aside from recovery) seem to have too many drawbacks to use consistently, so I actually don't use them much

Some of this might be helpful and some of it might actually hinder you but they are my playstyle with MM

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

F. Lobot posted:

I tried preordering from both Europe and Japan, and both were cancelled,

:negative: God damnit, I didn't even realize Amazon would do this. Same thing happened to me.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
How's the online matchmaking in this game? If I am okay-ish at this game, will I be matched against people of my skills?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

The Leaf shield is awesome and here is why:

1. Engage Leaf Shield
2. Edgeguard
3. Laugh

To wit;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_O3LCT7BDI

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 8, 2014

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Secx posted:

How's the online matchmaking in this game? If I am okay-ish at this game, will I be matched against people of my skills?

There is no matchmaking to speak of and if you play for glory you will get matched constantly with people who play this game way too much. People like me. :getin:

I think the issue is that the kids that play this game stumble into FG once and then never touch it again after facing some pro-level captain falcon.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I thought there were ratings for matchmaking? That's annoying, I was hoping when I was done loving around with items I could have fun once in a while with NO ITEMS FINAL DESTINATION poo poo. :(

That being said, it turns out I'm loving rubbish at this game after the intervening years. Using a pro controller, does anyone change the controls at all? Any characters particularly newbie friendly?

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

Calico Heart posted:

The Leaf shield is awesome and here is why:

1. Engage Leaf Shield
2. Edgeguard
3. Laugh

To wit;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_O3LCT7BDI

This is the exact video I went looking for when I saw the request for Megaman help. The best part about this, is once they start trying to recover above you, you can take them out with the Air Shooter as well. No one expects the Air Shooter! MM2 weapon supremacy.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Megaman's my favorite grappler :mrgw:

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Ciaphas posted:

I thought there were ratings for matchmaking? That's annoying, I was hoping when I was done loving around with items I could have fun once in a while with NO ITEMS FINAL DESTINATION poo poo. :(

That being said, it turns out I'm loving rubbish at this game after the intervening years. Using a pro controller, does anyone change the controls at all? Any characters particularly newbie friendly?

I reversed the shoulder buttons for grapple and guard to match the GC, but keep loving it up because I got used to the 3DS control scheme 😕

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008

LanceKing2200 posted:

He's similar to Luigi, in that he only works well in certain ways, and you have to avoid using his bad moves (like down B).

I agree with this, in that I spam both of their dash attacks. They have good priority and your opponent usually doesn't see it coming.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

MancXVI posted:

I reversed the shoulder buttons for grapple and guard to match the GC, but keep loving it up because I got used to the 3DS control scheme 😕

I mapped it to ZL- Grab, R/ZR- Shield, and L-jump.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Ciaphas posted:

The one change I made to the controls is putting grab on Y, since I only jump with X anyway.

Well, I guess I also turned off tap-jump.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Megaman is an awesoe character for shutting people down. His lemons and slide can both kill a combo, and if you do get caught in one 8 times out of ten you can rush coil away before you're hosed, and no one ever knows what to do when you rush coil out f a combo. Add to that the fact that crash bombs mean you can force your opponents actions and you have a cool character.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

RyokoTK posted:

The one change I made to the controls is putting grab on Y, since I only jump with X anyway.

Well, I guess I also turned off tap-jump.

You fool! Y is great because it's right next to B. You can jump while using specials for the first time ever, without having to make a freaky claw hand even!
Wait, we are talking about the pro controller, right?

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
What's the best/quickest way to unlock custom moves? Any tips on unlocking them?

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

null posted:

What's the best/quickest way to unlock custom moves? Any tips on unlocking them?
Crazy Orders are your best bet. You'll get a fuckton of both custom moves and custom equipment once you get good.

Protip #1: The little symbols by the crazy tickets show what character(s) you'll get a thing for. (The SSB symbol denotes stuff for Miis.)
Protip #2: Don't do Metal Battles. Ever. They will take way too long.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SL the Pyro posted:

Crazy Orders are your best bet. You'll get a fuckton of both custom moves and custom equipment once you get good.

Protip #1: The little symbols by the crazy tickets show what character(s) you'll get a thing for. (The SSB symbol denotes stuff for Miis.)
Protip #2: Don't do Metal Battles. Ever. They will take way too long.

Thanks. Any characters that are best to use, or just use whoever you're looking to unlock moves for?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

null posted:

Doing all-star on hard is really good as well. I tried clearing it with Mario (died about 5 times at various points :v: ) and had all his customs by the end, as well as some from other characters.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

null posted:

Thanks. Any characters that are best to use, or just use whoever you're looking to unlock moves for?

Whichever characters you're good with, really.

And god dammit GameStop, I was at work all day so I completely missed out on hopping on that preorder :argh: Hopefully the local Best Buy will get some in, when they got their first shipment some dude apparently bought like half of them, the rest sold out within a half hour.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

MissileWaster posted:

Whichever characters you're good with, really.

And god dammit GameStop, I was at work all day so I completely missed out on hopping on that preorder :argh: Hopefully the local Best Buy will get some in, when they got their first shipment some dude apparently bought like half of them, the rest sold out within a half hour.

I went to Best Buy to get mine and they can put you in the computer to just mail one to your house with free shipping. Mine came a week or so later.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Reiley posted:

I went to Best Buy to get mine and they can put you in the computer to just mail one to your house with free shipping. Mine came a week or so later.

Cool, I'll have to ask them about that when I pick up GotG tomorrow.

I was just at Walmart, they had one Wii Fit Trainer in stock. I went ahead and bought it, I have no idea if I want to collect amiibos or if I'm going to sell it in a week to double my money, but either way I at least have one of the rare ones now!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L51KHxhcIhQ

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I have no words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day