Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Supernorn posted:

:fireman:

Spin what? Ever since Xboxpants posted all those posts I have stopped reading due to all the OUYA thread flashbacks.

Ah, classic misdirection! :downsbravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Man Whore posted:

harpies with machine gun feathers. I usally build an IJA type tunnel system in the island itself to avoid getting cut down.

I never understood why people saw harpies as an issue. The only dangerous enemies in Terraria are ones who go through the ground or shoot through it. Sky Islands are just free loot with no risk if you put even a little effort in to it. Plus all that extra gold and silver is handy.

khrits
Dec 25, 2011

And when we leave, we need to put things back the way we found them. We're not slobs.
I am very impressed that hit game Starbound can reach the depth of combat mechanics Dark Souls sets the bar for. Good work, Chucklefish!

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Due to all the shitposting, I decided to fire up the nightly and see where things are. Haven't touched this for a few months.

Playing through to the second tier ship was pretty enjoyable.

This thread's really loving annoying though, with the ironic shitposters and the true shitposters. It'd be nice to actually discuss the nightly updates beyond the "lookit this poo poo, they done posted on their blog, hur hur.(:v:)"

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Arkitektbmw posted:

Due to all the shitposting, I decided to fire up the nightly and see where things are. Haven't touched this for a few months.

This thread's really loving annoying though, with the ironic shitposters and the true shitposters. It'd be nice to actually discuss the nightly updates beyond the "lookit this poo poo, they done posted on their blog, hur hur.(:v:)"

Yeah this thread about this bad dead game is so bad URGH

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
/\ thanks for the "ironic" shitpost example.

Regarding the energy changes, it honestly hasn't affected gameplay all that drastically. I've found myself utilizing multiple weapons due to the change, but it hasn't been a painful transition.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Arkitektbmw posted:

/\ thanks for the "ironic" shitpost example.

Regarding the energy changes, it honestly hasn't affected gameplay all that drastically. I've found myself utilizing multiple weapons due to the change, but it hasn't been a painful transition.

lookit this poo poo, they done posted on their blog, hur hur.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

mutata posted:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

mutata posted:

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Starbound is a dead dumb game that I can't stop reading about

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Arkitektbmw posted:

discussing nightlys might be actually worth doing if it weren't for the fact that it changes nightly.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
You make it seem very dramatic, which it is not. Many changes feel very low key.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Eight months

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Bob NewSCART posted:

Eight months

If only your mom had carried you to the full term of 10 months, so many good posts could have been saved.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Man Whore posted:

discussing nightlys might be actually worth doing if it weren't for the fact that it changes nightly.

Oh right, everything changes. And it changes drastically.

I keep forgetting what we started with eight months ago....

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Arkitektbmw posted:

There, see? I knew we could get you to join the shitposting before too long. :3:

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Pop and Loch Nessy posted:

Starbound is a dead dumb game that I can't stop reading about

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

endlessly post every day for months about a game you're trying to fool people into believing you're not interested in.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kly posted:

endlessly post every day for months about a game you're trying to fool people into believing you're not interested in.

i'm pretty interested in making fun of starbound

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Is it updated yet?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

every night man!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kly posted:

every night man!

it takes me hours to prep physically + mentally for posting

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Did they make it so you can change your drop point on a planet yet?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Spectral Werewolf posted:

Did they make it so you can change your drop point on a planet yet?

Every night man

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

(please ignore that the differences between the nightly update and stable are still pretty minor)

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
Holy poo poo these Chucklefucks still haven't updated the game?

I saw that back in September Tiy said something about wanting Starbound to be open source. This is gonna be another Spacebase DF-9 isn't it? The next update is gonna be 1.0 so they can call it quits and go work on their dumb pirate garbage.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Arkitektbmw posted:

For what it's worth, I totally agree with you. But the more vocally you're annoyed by people, the more they shitpost, as very well demonstrated by the dozen people who thought it would be funny to make the exact same joke by responding to you by artlessly making GBS threads as hard as they could.

Though I guess they seem to get along perfectly well without any fuel. They've been just circle-jerk threadshitting for months all by themselves without anyone serious to actually troll. You'd think this poo poo-inferno would burn itself out eventually, but it seems self sustaining.

Honestly, the only real hope for this thread would be to close it until a stable update comes out.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

mutata posted:

There, see? I knew we could get you to join the shitposting before too long. :3:

Sonuva... :psyduck:

Eh, Hakuna-mutata :v:

Onto actually not shitposting...have they entirely removed the boss fights? It seems like there's no way to summon the UFO anymore, however the bot maker table is still in. So I'm going to guess they just moved it to a later tier?

Arkitektbmw fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 9, 2014

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Can you customize your space ship yet?

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Smoremaster posted:

Holy poo poo these Chucklefucks still haven't updated the game?

I saw that back in September Tiy said something about wanting Starbound to be open source. This is gonna be another Spacebase DF-9 isn't it? The next update is gonna be 1.0 so they can call it quits and go work on their dumb pirate garbage.

Isn't the Pirate game another early-1.0-abortion à la DF-9 that's already "done" (and not very good apparently?).

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Eiba posted:

Honestly, the only real hope for this thread would be to close it until a stable update comes out.

Any day now

Mitt Romney posted:

Can you customize your space ship yet?

Any day now

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Eiba posted:

I agree mostly but you have to have something to talk about before the heat death of the universe

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Arkitektbmw posted:

Oh poo poo, that's where they started?

WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

StarMinstrel posted:

Isn't the Pirate game another early-1.0-abortion à la DF-9 that's already "done" (and not very good apparently?).

I think you're thinking of a different pixel pirate game, actually. Pixel Piracy maybe?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Blackheart posted:

Any month now

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

mutata posted:

I think you're thinking of a different pixel pirate game, actually. Pixel Piracy maybe?

I thought pixel piracy was good?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tagichatn posted:

I thought pixel piracy was good?

Damnedest thing, I thought the same about Starbound until shortly after I bought it.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Dandywalken posted:

Damnedest thing, I thought the same about Starbound until shortly after I bought it.

See, this is why I never play games. By only buying games, and then letting them sit in my Steam library, pristine & uninstalled, I can preserve a magical, hype-fueled, hope-filled dream-game that is more perfect than any real game could ever be. To play them would utterly ruin the experience.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Arkitektbmw posted:

well it also deletes your saves nightly which is my point, so if you want to play caveman tier over and over again with little changes here and there, you are free to do so.

Eiba posted:

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Dec 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Well this model they have adopted is bad and they won't even hear constructive criticisms on it.

When the game first came out Tiy said he wanted the game to be almost a platform and modders to run wild.

But nobody will make mods currently as there is fear that their work will break with new nightly builds, and things have changed so drastically there is no use making stuff for the stable build.

• Locked thread