Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dave putting in actual thought into each and every Slammy award is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dario the Wop posted:

Ed from San Antonio is on his way to becoming the new Brent Kremen

he's really embarrassing

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
that nxt 4 way being dave's favourite WWE match of the year is so incredibly dave

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

"These two quick-beatin' dudes are headed to a climax."

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

yea ok posted:

he's really embarrassing

What's Ed been doing?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

triplexpac posted:

What's Ed been doing?

I'm not sure, but i'm sure it's embarrassing.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Dave putting in actual thought into each and every Slammy award is great

greater is him pushing the young bucks in two different categories

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

triplexpac posted:

What's Ed been doing?

Mostly calling in about women's wrestling every week and acting like he is best friends with some of them because he knows some of the lady wrestlers.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

epitasis posted:

greater is him pushing the young bucks in two different categories

They name a move after him and now Dave won't stop talking about them. What a mark.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cactus Jack posted:

They name a move after him and now Dave won't stop talking about them. What a mark.

Flair's name was added to Wrestler of the Year only after he named his stupid hold after Dave's site.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Flair's name was added to Wrestler of the Year only after he named his stupid hold after Dave's site.

The dreaded Meltzer Lock!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

great backissue

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The Pillman obituary is in the latest retro Observer and fair warning for those about to click, it's some dark poo poo.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Hahaha, listening to Dave go on about the Slammys is great, particularly the funniest moment one. "That's it? That's all they've got this year? Only two of those were any good!"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

The Pillman obituary is in the latest retro Observer and fair warning for those about to click, it's some dark poo poo.

It's also very, very good.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Bryan Alvarez has to get Destination America and NJPW World now, so there were positives to last night's Raw.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dave's meltdowns are the best

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

*Commercial fades out* "There we go." *smoke detector*
:allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thauros posted:

Dave's meltdowns are the best

"Let's pretend we're stupider than chimpanzees.... let's pretend we're dumber than dogs with lobotomies :mad:"

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Seriously, this morning's WO was a blast to listen to, which reminded me how miserable I really must be. I just can't watch sports entertainment, haven't for years except for random eps here and there, and I wish I could stop keeping tabs on it. I also wish I could come up with that word Meltzer needed, the incompetent/horrible combo. Incorrible is too close to incorrigable. This mind-numbing poo poo is much worse than a word often used to describe precocious children.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Dario the Wop posted:

Seriously, this morning's WO was a blast to listen to, which reminded me how miserable I really must be. I just can't watch sports entertainment, haven't for years except for random eps here and there, and I wish I could stop keeping tabs on it. I also wish I could come up with that word Meltzer needed, the incompetent/horrible combo. Incorrible is too close to incorrigable. This mind-numbing poo poo is much worse than a word often used to describe precocious children.

Yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'll turn on Raw and shut it off within 5 minutes about 95% of the time. If there really is anything worth seeing I can just go on YouTube. NXT was pretty cool, but Sportsnet stopped showing it after the Network launched in Canada Toronto and the surrounding area.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'll turn on Raw and shut it off within 5 minutes about 95% of the time. If there really is anything worth seeing I can just go on YouTube. NXT was pretty cool, but Sportsnet stopped showing it after the Network launched in Canada Toronto and the surrounding area.

Pretty much this. My enthusiasm sort of peaks up when something good is happening. But there's too much crap now, too much blatant non-sensical booking, too much pushing of people who don't deserve it and way too much talking. I still can't believe they started off Survivor Series with a 20 minute talk.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'll always be into it from Rumble to Mania but goddamn they make it so loving hard to care. The problem is it's hard to step away in full because even the slightest bit of competency could take the company from zero to great simply because of the absolute wealth of talent they have.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dario the Wop posted:

I also wish I could come up with that word Meltzer needed, the incompetent/horrible combo.
I'm a fan of maladroit.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dario the Wop posted:

16 years ago during the monday night war my family moved out of our house, I told my mom that I didn't care what our new house looked like so long as the rent was low enough that we could still afford cable so I could watch RAW and Nitro. At the time I thought there would never be a time when I didn't want to watch prowrestling.

16 years later, I watch more UFC than I do Prowrestling in general and although I listen to the Observer podcast all the time, I have less interest in the product than I think I had even when I was a kid during the days of Hogan/Warrior.

Seriously, even if you asked me where to debut Ric Flair's daughter in 1998 I was still smart enough to know that you'd do it in Charlotte, with advertisement and she'd win the loving match. Them putting over Natalya instead, was so unbelievably laughable. Natalya who is the best female wrestler on the roster that they never push because she's not pretty enough to be the face of the division and is currently in an angle with her husband, not even another female. Jesus Christ, what a bunch of morons.

When Dave started with "You know what the worst thing on this show was?" I never would have it to have been something so dumb and obvious.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

"Maybe [Lana] is talking about WWE stock."

:v:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah UFC are better at booking and (mostly) better at getting people over. Only problem is they are overexposed and run too many shows. But in general, there is nothing like a great UFC main event with a great angle and great promotion.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, the recent Jones Cormier video...

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

DrVenkman posted:

Pretty much this. My enthusiasm sort of peaks up when something good is happening. But there's too much crap now, too much blatant non-sensical booking, too much pushing of people who don't deserve it and way too much talking. I still can't believe they started off Survivor Series with a 20 minute talk.

WWE is way more fun to listen to Dave and Bryan get angry about than to actually watch it. Raw especially. I can suffer through PPVs because at least the majority of the three hours is actual matches...Sort of.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Dave was on fine form today.

"Maybe Vince has a pool on his plane, is that possible?"
"No. It's not possible. Because the plane wouldn't fly. :geno:"

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

LordPants posted:

Yeah UFC are better at booking and (mostly) better at getting people over. Only problem is they are overexposed and run too many shows. But in general, there is nothing like a great UFC main event with a great angle and great promotion.

It's actually kind of funny that because the UFC is so overexposed is why I watch it. Almost every month I end up pulling an all nighter which leads to me rolling my schedule over, which means by happenstance I'm up on a Sunday morning which is when UFC PPVs air in Taiwan. Monday morning would be when WWE shows air but I have class at that time so I miss those. So because UFC decides to air PPVs seemingly every weekend, I'm always able to see one on those rollover Sunday mornings.

In general though, I rarely go out of my way to watch UFC events as well. I think actually the Ronda fights are the only UFCs I'll actively go out of my way to watch.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

PaybackJack posted:

I think actually the Ronda fights are the only UFCs I'll actively go out of my way to watch.

I'm in the same boat. I mentioned this in one of the other threads and had someone flabbergasted that I don't tune in to watch amazing UFC fights, that Ronda is drawing me in.

I guess coming from pro wrestling, I just innately understand that "best worker does not equal best draw"

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Wouldn't a shoot best worker be the guy who KOs his opponents in under a minute? Who wants to pay PPV money for that?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z9mbQk58B0

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This week's Talk Is Jericho guest is Dean Ambrose.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

This week's Talk Is Jericho guest is Dean Ambrose.

Yeah but how many hours in does the interview start?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I mean yeah it's cool but if I paid money for a fight that ended in a couple of minutes I'd be pissed.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

Wouldn't a shoot best worker be the guy who KOs his opponents in under a minute? Who wants to pay PPV money for that?

So have you never heard of Mike Tyson?

Edit: Beaten to Tyson, but people can and do pay money to watch an unstoppable force because watching greatness is enjoyable.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Dimebags Brain posted:

Who wants to pay PPV money to watch Goldberg win matches? This is why he was never popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dave and Bryan trying to unpack the term 'possible impressions' is wonderful. This was a classic Observer if I've ever heard one.

• Locked thread