Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Wolfsheim posted:

battlefront 2 was garbage because it became less about learning to get good at certain classes than it was "the jedi wins"

also the space levels and vehicles were terrible

also they took away the ability to death star planets in galactic conquest mode

also they ruined galactic conquest mode in general

I was pretty drat good at killing Jedi, most players were pretty easy to sucker into mines, if friendly fire was off I'd just run up behind them and throw a mine directly on them.

Edit: Wow Battlefront 2's multiplayer was available on the pc until May 2014, then it was picked up from gamespy by gameranger and you can still play it! Maybe I'll put foot to rear end for the empire again. :)

Mr.Pibbleton fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Palpatine's only crime was restructuring the military to not have the guys in maroon armor with laser miniguns.

E: clone commanders. With the longcoat-armor.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 8, 2014

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ThePutty posted:

those mods were always hilarious because the engine itself couldn't handle a ship size over a certain limit. you'd get these massive ships that would sort of turn aimlessly in random directions and barely ever respond to where you actually wanted it to go

Sounds like they should have just made everything else smaller instead

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Improbable Lobster posted:

~my immersion~

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Improbable Lobster posted:

really, most of the dumb ships were all EU stuff anyway so the only one that actually worked properly and was worth using was the executor

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

ThePutty posted:

really, most of the dumb ships were all EU stuff anyway so the only one that actually worked properly and was worth using was the executor

carack cruisers
star galleon was already taken i guess

but why not caravel cruisers? :confused:

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

blowfish posted:

carack cruisers
star galleon was already taken i guess

but why not caravel cruisers? :confused:

i mean the gently caress off huge ships that broke the game engine

like, some mods made the arc hammer absolutely enormous and it just completely broke it's pathing and made it useless

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Dec 8, 2014

SADDLE ME UP
Dec 2, 2014
Yo son just got a qp of darth icky

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

ThePutty posted:

empire at war still had the best space battles in any star wars game ever

Loved this game so much back in the day.

Have your frigates create an AA screen around your heavies until your opponent wastes all his fighters and bombers, then send yours out to take out their capital ship's hangars and shield generators.

also :lol: at the Lobot stuff. If I had to come up with an analogy for EU back-stories for token movie characters it would be how people who "have lived past lives" are always some famous historical figure or someone of importance. Never Roman garbage men or 19th Century paper boys.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The force is loving dumb. All the EU poo poo needs more laser swords and space battles and weird aliens, and less bullshit magic.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

PostNouveau posted:

The force is loving dumb. All the EU poo poo needs more laser swords and space battles and weird aliens, and less bullshit magic.

just say that the force is brain maggots, and they are just telepaths. It's why 90% of all jedi are insane, and why they do the retarded bullshit they do.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TOILETLORD posted:

just say that the force is brain maggots, and they are just telepaths. It's why 90% of all jedi are insane, and why they do the retarded bullshit they do.

Telepathic brain maggots are as dumb as the force. It's not the concept that's dumb; it's that it boils everything down to black and white morality and provides convenient ways for lovely writers to contrive their way out of telling interesting stories.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

PostNouveau posted:

Telepathic brain maggots are as dumb as the force. It's not the concept that's dumb; it's that it boils everything down to black and white morality and provides convenient ways for lovely writers to contrive their way out of telling interesting stories.

not really your issue is the lucas effect where there is only good or bad and nothing in between.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

PostNouveau posted:

All any of the franchise needs is more bullshit magic and less SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATIONS! for bullshit magic.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Did you know "bring balance to the force" means killing all the sith and there's only two sith in the universe ever at a time

some of the concepts the prequels introduced are stupider than anything an eu author could ever come up with.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Acne Rain posted:

Did you know "bring balance to the force" means killing all the sith and there's only two sith in the universe ever at a time

some of the concepts the prequels introduced are stupider than anything an eu author could ever come up with.

shows you how worthless the jedi were :smugdog:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

TOILETLORD posted:

not really your issue is the lucas effect where there is only good or bad and nothing in between.

Well that's true, when it comes to Star Wars most of it is bad and very little is good, and there's nothing in between.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Acne Rain posted:

hey man maybe all the jedi were going to kill themselves after they'd gotten rid of the sith, you don't know

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Spakstik posted:

hey man maybe all the jedi were going to kill themselves after they'd gotten rid of the sith, you don't know

they try pretty hard, go to war, and never have children so their ranks can't be replenished.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
george lucas explicitly says that luke brought balance to the force by killing vader and the emporer, the two sith

that's really stupid imo

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Is there a dominant religion in the galaxy that isn't the force.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Is there a dominant religion in the galaxy that isn't the force.

in the 70's and early 80's weren't there EU novels that referenced christianity

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I thought bringing balance to the force sounded cool when it meant killing all the Jedi and sith but two of each.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

I thought bringing balance to the force sounded cool when it meant killing all the Jedi and sith but two of each.

i thought it meant just evening the amount of good and evil until everything was neutral regardless of how many people on either side lived.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

TOILETLORD posted:

i thought it meant just evening the amount of good and evil until everything was neutral regardless of how many people on either side lived.

I thought it was cool when it meant only leaving obiwan, Yoda, palpatine, and vader alive it was a good idea then.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Blistex posted:

Have your frigates create an AA screen around your heavies until your opponent wastes all his fighters and bombers, then send yours out to take out their capital ship's hangars and shield generators.

also :lol: at the Lobot stuff. If I had to come up with an analogy for EU back-stories for token movie characters it would be how people who "have lived past lives" are always some famous historical figure or someone of importance. Never Roman garbage men or 19th Century paper boys.

the best was the AI would sit back and bobmard your station with the missile boats but if you killed the missile boats they'd just kind of sit there and slowly get taken out by an endless horde of fighters

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

I thought it was cool when it meant only leaving obiwan, Yoda, palpatine, and vader alive it was a good idea then.

the issue is the fail safe created by lucas which is force sensitives being born, and all the poo poo left behind by sith and jedi people can use to self train. SO there can never just be a truly limited amount of either.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
why would two of each be a good thing anyway

the original three movies didn't need any loving PROPHECIES to be an epic where the force actually felt mystical, much less a stupid nonsense one like whatever the one in the prequels was.

prophecies are dumb lazy storytelling that cheapen's the characters accomplishments on the best of days

the one in the prequels was not "cool" by any interpretation

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Wolfsheim posted:

battlefront 2 was garbage because it became less about learning to get good at certain classes than it was "the jedi wins"

also the space levels and vehicles were terrible

also they took away the ability to death star planets in galactic conquest mode

also they ruined galactic conquest mode in general

also it ws very imbalanced once you played it enough. on the droid side the droidekas were basicaly invencible. in the empire side the empire shuttle could win space battles just by edndless illing ships and ignorig all objectives cuz it was just that good at killing poo poo

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Acne Rain posted:

george lucas explicitly says that luke brought balance to the force by killing vader and the emporer, the two sith

that's really stupid imo

I always hoped it meant that the extremists on both sides would be gone, leaving jedi like Luke who force choke pig guards and poo poo but aren't psychopaths.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

dog buttz posted:

I always hoped it meant that the extremists on both sides would be gone, leaving jedi like Luke who force choke pig guards and poo poo but aren't psychopaths.

dunno everyone is so stupid and sociopathic on each side i think jedi are the autist of the galaxy.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Well from my point of view the Jedi arrrrnnnnnNNGGGGHHHH

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Blistex posted:

this phenomenon is called too many chiefs, not enough indians

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ThePutty posted:

i mean the gently caress off huge ships that broke the game engine

like, some mods made the arc hammer absolutely enormous and it just completely broke it's pathing and made it useless

Did this mod happen to be called Phoenix Rising? Because goddamn if that isn't the spergiest game mod I have ever seen. Every single mentioned planet in its canonical position on the Galactic Map, every ship to scale, and it took three hours to research a basic Star Destroyer.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's not the novel "Darth Plagueius". That book was awesome!

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Is tarkin any good

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

Is tarkin any good

Its star wars so no?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Did this mod happen to be called Phoenix Rising? Because goddamn if that isn't the spergiest game mod I have ever seen. Every single mentioned planet in its canonical position on the Galactic Map, every ship to scale, and it took three hours to research a basic Star Destroyer.

If that's the same mod I remember then yeah, moving the super star destroyer (the length of half the map) meant right clicking the opposite side of the map half ten to make it crawl in that direction. Oh and it came with a whole support fleet of cruisers and frigates instead of fighter wings so dropping the thing was an I Win button even if you didn't bother to use it and just swamped the map with the ridiculous amounts of free spaceships it came with.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Acne Rain posted:

the original three movies didn't need any loving PROPHECIES to be an epic where the force actually felt mystical, much less a stupid nonsense one like whatever the one in the prequels was.

prophecies are dumb lazy storytelling that cheapen's the characters accomplishments on the best of days

the one in the prequels was not "cool" by any interpretation

So, they never explained where that prophecy actually came from in the prequels, did they? I presume some piece of EU material came in to fill that void?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Lamprey Cannon posted:

So, they never explained where that prophecy actually came from in the prequels, did they? I presume some piece of EU material came in to fill that void?

I'm pretty sure it came from george's butthole. Dont quote me on that though.

• Locked thread