Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biskies
Jan 24, 2004

Instead of wanting to be an astronaut when I grew up, I wanted to play with guns.
Could I possibly get a chat channel invite, please? @beesneeze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Are there any lists anywhere of what mods items get when they hit UR/gold? Generic consoles and most weapons are random, but unique items and set items and such have a specific upgrade path and there isn't anything in game that tells you what it would be. For an extreme example, there's several rep warp cores that get [AMP], but others don't and thus are pointless to upgrade.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Haven't found a comprehensive list yet, not for lack of trying. For what it's worth, weapons always get [Ac/Dam] at epic. Piss beams get [CrtX] at UR, but the other dil store weapons, Andorian phasers, get random UR mods.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Keep up the good work Nabreeki!

quote:

You claim that dental is innocent, based on a lack of proof.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

hello friends

http://imgur.com/a/Nlc9F

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

God's work.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

that is the dumbest thread i've ever read and i'm an expert on bad posting.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Biskies posted:

Could I possibly get a chat channel invite, please? @beesneeze

You're in.

Mondian posted:

What the hell Grim, for someone that spends that much time in sto chat, why the hell is your chatbox so narrow and hard to read?

That's not my chatbox. I have many spies looking for hilarious poo poo like that. :ssh:

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Acer Pilot posted:

merry christmas

I feel like this isn't getting near enough attention.

Kudos to you.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Acer Pilot posted:

merry christmas

Even though I got sucked into the latest Dragon Age, this is why I keep checking this thread. Comedy gold right here. :bravo:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Happy holidays, NoP:

Edit: stopubbie.txt

quote:

Agree, if I set someone to IGNORE, they should not exists in my gaming experience.
Ignore would prevent ANY messages, invites, challenges, trades, and team, or any interaction with them.
I'd even say prevent them from being in the same PUG as me, and instance too.

Go one step further and have the game remove their avatar from my screen, so they can't just come up to me in space or ground and harass me (you all know what I mean..)

Aleth fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 8, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Aleth posted:

Happy holidays, NoP:

Edit: stopubbie.txt

The D makes all those unaccustomed to the light scared!

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
loving Geko himself posted in that spammer thread announcing he's fixed the spam issue. Once someone is ignored, they can no longer send invites.

They take away our disco, they block us from disrupting nerve tonics, and now the poor spammer is out of business.

Gecko posted:

Engineers have located the problem and are currently working to fix the problem. If you ignore someone, they should be fully ignored - including fleet and bridge invites.

Our appologies for any frustration and inconvienence.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 9, 2014

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
This is a good thing, let the ERPists continue to insulate themselves I'll still have snowballs, disco and fire extinguishers. If they want to ERP in public we'll still be there.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

so why do they think it's us doing whatever it is that they think we're doing?

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Because it's always us. Especially when it isn't. Somehow, even when it's not dental doing whatever it is that's happening, Dental is still behind it.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Acer Pilot posted:

so why do they think it's us doing whatever it is that they think we're doing?

We're the boogieman.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Can someone explain what we're allegedly doing so I know what I'm apparently responsible for?

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

In general or this time in particular?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Technical Analysis posted:

In general or this time in particular?

This time in particular.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Spamming fleet/challenge/trade invites to ERPists. Apparently even if you're ignored those still go through, at least they used to until cryptic patched it.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Technical Analysis posted:

Spamming fleet/challenge/trade invites to ERPists. Apparently even if you're ignored those still go through, at least they used to until cryptic patched it.

Not just spamming, but continual spamming spanning more than two weeks. The guy told me he just set invites to a macro and left his game on 24/7. These people were inundated nonstop.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Can I get wiki access? I'm registered as spot.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

DonDoodles posted:

Not just spamming, but continual spamming spanning more than two weeks. The guy told me he just set invites to a macro and left his game on 24/7. These people were inundated nonstop.

Thats pretty funny actually

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Ramadu posted:

Thats pretty funny actually
Even better, he was creating accounts/fleets with names that looked like prominent players/fleets, so the people getting spammed would often end up yelling at the wrong people.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Elachi dread news!

quote:

For a limited time from December 11th to January 5th at 10am PST , we are running a promotion from that will provide an additional bonus when opening a Research and Development Pack.

When you purchase a Research and Development Pack from the C-Store and open it, you will receive either 10 Lobi Crystals or an Elachi Sheshar Dreadnought Cruiser, in addition to the Research and Development Pack.

I was close with my doff pack prediction.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hooray. Kinda slow (6 turn) but decently durable and with the same massive shield mod as the other elachi ships. Bridge officer layout isn't... bad, though mostly you're going to want to slap the universal into tac since a single lt. tac isn't going to cut it, so it isn't appreciably different from a lot of the other recent cruisers (lt./lt.com tac; com/ens eng; lt.com sci). The console is of course useless; if it had a Gal/Ody style mobility boost paired with it then it might have been useful, but they probably didn't want to take the effort to add that when it could be used on the other two elachi boats. And it continues the trend of special cruisers having torpedo-related T6 traits for some loving reason. I guess Cryptic wants to encourage cruiser captains to use them, but not actually enough so to do something about the weapon arc issues that makes it pointless to do so. :geno: This is probably the first case where the fighters might be be as good or better than the frigates too; beam overload 2 and HYT3 on them, versus CRF2/spread2 with half as many ships out.

It's definitely the best dreadnought cruiser so far, but when the competition is the Gal-X and the Bulwark this isn't exactly a hard hurdle.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's alright. I think most people will be better off served by grabbing the free Xmas Breen Carrier and throwing on two hangers of elite swarmers.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's a drat sight cheaper anyway. :v:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder what the turn rate will be when the assault unit is detatched.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

From the sound of thing there's no change. It's just a pet summon ability like the Ody's Aquarius or the Monbosh's support ships. I suspect Cryptic didn't want to bother making the tech that would give the ship saucer separation-style bonuses but deny them to the other two ships. :effort:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Asimo posted:

Hooray. Kinda slow (6 turn) but decently durable and with the same massive shield mod as the other elachi ships. Bridge officer layout isn't... bad, though mostly you're going to want to slap the universal into tac since a single lt. tac isn't going to cut it, so it isn't appreciably different from a lot of the other recent cruisers (lt./lt.com tac; com/ens eng; lt.com sci). The console is of course useless; if it had a Gal/Ody style mobility boost paired with it then it might have been useful, but they probably didn't want to take the effort to add that when it could be used on the other two elachi boats. And it continues the trend of special cruisers having torpedo-related T6 traits for some loving reason. I guess Cryptic wants to encourage cruiser captains to use them, but not actually enough so to do something about the weapon arc issues that makes it pointless to do so. :geno: This is probably the first case where the fighters might be be as good or better than the frigates too; beam overload 2 and HYT3 on them, versus CRF2/spread2 with half as many ships out.

It's definitely the best dreadnought cruiser so far, but when the competition is the Gal-X and the Bulwark this isn't exactly a hard hurdle.

Looks pretty sweet though.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

g0del posted:

Even better, he was creating accounts/fleets with names that looked like prominent players/fleets, so the people getting spammed would often end up yelling at the wrong people.

Yeah this was great. Send @diabolical91 a PM calling him out as a spammer and watch him explode. The guy has been spammed nonstop and people constantly send him hate tells cursing him out.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ludicro posted:

Looks pretty sweet though.
It is. I think I like the Monbosh a bit better, but mostly because you don't see vertical ships in Trek much.

And hmm. I just now noticed the Lt.Com Sci is the intel hybrid slot. That's the first non-intel ship with an intel seat above Lt., isn't it? Means you can slap Surgical Strikes 1 or whatever on it...

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Is it going to be worth cracking open boxes or is just buying it off the exchange the better bet?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Berke Negri posted:

Is it going to be worth cracking open boxes or is just buying it off the exchange the better bet?

Exchange, always. Unless you just returned from Vegas with a suitcase of money and feel like you could beat the odds.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

The dread? Its the same tier of promo ship as the bulwark and JHAS. So expect it to be roughly 300-400m on the exchange.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Octarine Dream posted:

Can I get wiki access? I'm registered as spot.

You're in.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
So far with promo packs like the bug ship and bulwark, the odds of the prize are about 1/100, possibly 1/90.

So you figure, the expected value of opening one is the value of the consolation prize (in this case an R&D pack) + the value of 10 lobi + the value of the prize ship /100.

On Thursday first thing I'll be getting some and duping a lot to tribble to test the odds and the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...

DancingShade posted:

It's alright. I think most people will be better off served by grabbing the free Xmas Breen Carrier and throwing on two hangers of elite swarmers.

Elite Swarmers or Elite Plesh Breks?

• Locked thread