Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?
Had a run where I had tech 1 and soy milk, it was actually really good, damage came so fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Heffer posted:

Is Soy Milk applied as a constant modifier, or does it just apply a percentage modifier to your damage once when you pick it up? It could explain the range of reactions people have, just from the order of pickups.

5 base dmg - 80% soy milk + 4 damage ups = 5 final damage
5 base + 4 damage up - 80% soy milk = 1.8 damage

A 250% difference just from ordering

One time thing, which is why soy milk + Libra is a pretty crazy cool combo

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Honestly I thought soy milk permanently dropped your damage, because I could swear I've picked up damage ups after it and my damage didn't change.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Just had a great Head Trauma run, that didn't cheese it with something like Brimstone or a Dice Room.

Got Guppy's Paw in the basement 1 curse room, which let me roll on soul hearts. I then got a devil deal on basement 2, giving me Lump of Coal. After that it was smooth sailing. Those tears pack a punch when they reach the outermost orbit!

(Seed: T6KDMAZV)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Tammy's Head and Brimstone and Loki's Horns and Mom's Eye :shepface:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Pixeltendo posted:

http://edmundm.com/post/104716687275/lets-make-a-dlc-together-part2

Ed's now onto phase two of his community involvement master plan, this time features he wants YOU to give him, simple things like Seed on death.

I suggested a Enemy gallery.

i'd rather just have a ps4 patch

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Davincie posted:

i'd rather just have a ps4 patch

1.03 or whatever the next one is is being released this week for both PC and PS4. Don't remember where I read this but it seemed legit.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Psa: don't step on a 6 sided die when doing solar system. Lost all my orbitals and gained no tears.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

goodness posted:

Psa: don't step on a 6 sided die when doing solar system. Lost all my orbitals and gained no tears.

Good advice for the "blindfold" challenges in general. The reroll doesn't change the fact that you have no tears.

On that note, gently caress Challenge 19. The familiars' damage just doesn't scale well at all (except for the rotten baby's). It took me like ten tries but I managed to beat it through a combination of Guppy mode (familiars' bullets do generate flies), Krampus' Head plus the Battery, three Pretty Flies, Bob's Brain, and a devil deal for Ghost Baby. And then only barely. But hey, Epic Fetus! :toot:

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

Devil Wears Wings posted:

Good advice for the "blindfold" challenges in general. The reroll doesn't change the fact that you have no tears.

Oh, I understand what "blindfold" means wrt challenges now. I'm dumb.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What's "Something Icky"? Is that a new boss?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

I'm pretty sure that's Triachnid in the Womb.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Kurtofan posted:

Yeah, it's Triachnid that is an incredibly rare boss to encounter.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Triachnid isn't new, but he is just as incredibly rare as he was in Wrath of the Lamb. And Daddy Long Legs is already extremely rare; The Womb 1 is the only place he can appear as a floor end boss.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

CJacobs posted:

Triachnid isn't new, but he is just as incredibly rare as he was in Wrath of the Lamb. And Daddy Long Legs is already extremely rare; The Womb 1 is the only place he can appear as a floor end boss.

Does it give a special item?

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I just reached and defeated Satan for the first time, and brought the most buddies I've ever gotten with me.

Wasn't too overpowered; got some speed downs and my damage stayed about default. Was lots of fun. NQN6YP4C

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kurtofan posted:

Does it give a special item?

No!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

jerkstoresup posted:

I just reached and defeated Satan for the first time, and brought the most buddies I've ever gotten with me.

Wasn't too overpowered; got some speed downs and my damage stayed about default. Was lots of fun. NQN6YP4C

Did Mango shoot brimstone shots?

oh :(

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
So, in spite of my earlier frustration, I'm still working on The Lost runs. Had a half decent chance that gave me Mom's Knife early, along with The Pact and Abaddon in the first Devil room, and Unicorn Horn for some level of protection. Second gave me Guppy's Paw and Guppy's Head, so it teased me a bit. Didn't expect Krampus in the third Devil room and it caught me by surprise with a Brimstone, unable to react in time.

I guess this is why most people don't step outside the first level without either Dead Cat or Holy Mantle. It's difficult to be perfect all the time, even with a nice set up like that. The frustration is there, but the determination is too. I'm sure if I can finally get those elusive items (and they have been especially elusive for me), then I can get something done with The Lost finally.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Kurtofan posted:

Did Mango shoot brimstone shots?
Nope, he copied Rotten Baby to give me a constant stream of blue flies.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Trying to get a fourth-level Bandage Girl is more frustrating than any of The Lost's achievements. I'm restarting until I get a Book of Revelations or a Monster Manual. The first one might not work and might just give me Cubes of Meat or I'll just get an XL floor or double trouble which negate it. The Monster Manual requires a method of health regeneration and Sharp Plug, which is an incredibly rare shop item that might not show up even if I can reroll the shop a bunch of times.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Lasers and Homing Tears is beautiful.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Suicide King is a fun run. So many of the challenges are just complete tedium because you have next to no damage and take forever to do everything. Suicide King is a super fast run if you get it right, but hard to do because you hurt yourself so much. It's the right way that challenges should be.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Just killed The Lamb with Eden (and managed Mega Satan with only 1 heart left at the end after :smug:) and now all I have left is Azazel to have everything finished on all characters except the boss rushes. On easy mode at least. And not with The Lost.

drat I have a lot to do still. I loving hate Azazel and might just skip him all together.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

LibbyM posted:

Suicide King is a fun run. So many of the challenges are just complete tedium because you have next to no damage and take forever to do everything. Suicide King is a super fast run if you get it right, but hard to do because you hurt yourself so much. It's the right way that challenges should be.

I just beat that by getting The Mark and Mom's Knife as the first devil deal. The damage is insane an you don't hurt yourself!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I just beat that by getting The Mark and Mom's Knife as the first devil deal. The damage is insane an you don't hurt yourself!

I think most of that damage was coming from Ipecac.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've put a good dozen hours into Rebirth so far and the extra touches like Tiny Planet making brimstone circle you, and combining that with Mom's Eye gives you a pseudo-infinity symbol brimstone blast is awesome.

edit: Bob's Brain is the worst item in Rebirth

edit: oh god Mom's Eye + Tiny Planet kills absolutely everything in one shot. I just killed Mom in a single blast :stare:

edit: yeah so this is a ridiculous seed. If you want to give it a try and see what I'm talking about, it's AX2C0B09, or AX2COBO9, not sure if it's 0's or O's

I walk into every room, unload a charge, and everything dies. Everything. Mom's Heart took slightly over two volleys.

edit again: ahahaha, Angel Room in the Womb has that cross that lets you take a free hit in every room. Then in Sheol there's a Golden Chest with the Mask of Infamy in it.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 10, 2014

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Captain Invictus posted:

edit: Bob's Brain is the worst item in Rebirth

Not if you have bad/ no tears. Then it's awesome. The problem is that keeping track of it + yourself + your tears + the enemies. It's just too much, and you end up hitting yourself.

quote:

edit: yeah so this is a ridiculous seed. If you want to give it a try and see what I'm talking about, it's AX2C0B09, or AX2COBO9, not sure if it's 0's or O's

They're the same.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ariong posted:

Not if you have bad/ no tears. Then it's awesome. The problem is that keeping track of it + yourself + your tears + the enemies. It's just too much, and you end up hitting yourself.
Oh yeah, I forgot I got it on that one challenge where you can't shoot. The Guppy one I think. Made it pretty drat easy, if a bit long.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

jerkstoresup posted:

Nope, he copied Rotten Baby to give me a constant stream of blue flies.

That's actually interesting. The way Rotten Baby works is by having exactly one fly out at all times (given that you're firing), so I guess Mango allows you to have two? Maybe three flies at a time?

And speaking of that familiar, has any work gone into understanding how he works? I posted earlier in this thread about a presumed glitch in which he replaces all of your familiars, yet they all come back if you acquire an additional one. Anyone got any idea of how that works? It's one of the items I see very rarely so I haven't really been able to experiment with it myself.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Captain Invictus posted:

on that one challenge where you can't shoot.

hahahahahhaha oh god

Your Computer posted:

That's actually interesting. The way Rotten Baby works is by having exactly one fly out at all times (given that you're firing)
If you get that item which makes your familiars beefier, he shoots two flies at a time. I thought that was pretty neat.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
So I decided to play my PS4 save for a bit after watching Netflix and in one run I got Mama's Boy (no damage on womb), Became Guppy, and cleared Boss Rush. 3 things I have never done on my 40+ hour main PC save :suicide:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ariong posted:

I think most of that damage was coming from Ipecac.

Looking at the BoI calculator, Mom's Knife seems to override it completely. The damage is the same with or without Ipecac.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Heffer
May 1, 2003

"Why's the floor that red color?... oh"

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

If I'm not ??? and I take the Dead Cat with no heart containers but I do have soul/sin hearts, will that get rid of them? I don't remember if it does or not and I have enough I'd rather not take it if it does that.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Genocyber posted:

If I'm not ??? and I take the Dead Cat with no heart containers but I do have soul/sin hearts, will that get rid of them? I don't remember if it does or not and I have enough I'd rather not take it if it does that.

You'll drop to one soul heart.

It once made a run for me, I got a lot of lucky devil deals.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Can't believe I managed to pull that off. I was getting tired of trying for a Holy Mantle or Dead Cat on the first floor so I decided to just try to make do with whatever I get. IPECAC was my first item. :getin: It felt so good to utterly demolish The Haunt with it. Right before the Mom fight I got Technology 2 and Spoon Bender. And the boss rush offered Infestation 2. The boss rush was demolished in 1 minute. I think this is the most powerful run I had. At that point the IPECAC shots were more of a threat than anything else. I had way too many close calls with those. Not even a double Adversary room stood a chance. It was ridiculous. Probably could've taken down Mega Satan easily, but I didn't want to risk it. You don't have to fight it as The Lost, right? I don't think I'll tackle the chest with him just yet, but at least the fun unlocks are in the pool now.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 10, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

You just need to kill Mega Satan once, period. Doesn't matter who with or what difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Samuel Clemens posted:

The only item that makes Soy Milk worth it is Libra. Maybe Lump of Coal does as well, I've never tried that.

Does anyone have a seed with an early Libra/Soy Milk? I want to try it out but when both items are absolute rear end without the other ehhhhh