Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm very comfortable with my decision to put this show in my top 10 this year. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
So there's another episode next week right? Right? RIGHT?!?!?!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope the second half of the season is AoS exploring and finding out more about the Inhumans and Kree.

Finale should have some big holy poo poo moment.

Codependent Poster posted:

Where is Barry Convex to tell us how Inhumans won't be on the show?

And Skye is Quake, which is great.

Probably paying off the guy he bet against it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I thought he was Gorgon (but not that Gorgon) but apparently that guy just has weird eyes, not no eyes.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Maybe it'll be like quicksilver and he'll gain a new wacky power.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Where is the guy that refused to believe in the inhumans reveal so we can laugh at him?

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Pyroi posted:

So is that guy someone from the comics, or is it some new guy?

Only person I can think of is Reader... that may be grasping at straws though...

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Hi Barry, how you feel about your posts about Inhumans now?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh my loving poo poo.

Skye is Quake

Raina is a monster

Tripp is dead :(

And eyeless guy with another batch crystals, I guess he's supposed to be an Inhuman then?

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Holy poo poo they did it. gently caress, is it March yet?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Jamesman posted:

I feel so, so, SO SORRY for everyone who gave up on this show. Such dumb idiots living such empty lives right now.

Seriously, if someone had told me that a year ago that Skye Daisy, of all people, would end up as my favorite character, I would have laughed in his face. But her gunning down Ward was basically perfect.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cat Terrist posted:

Hi Barry, how you feel about your posts about Inhumans now?

He's still going to deny it because they didn't say the word Inhuman. :v:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Timett posted:

I got that much. Was just hoping for secret comic knowledge.

Well I think there was a recent new Inhuman created who was introduced that is blind and has a job of bringing in new Inhumans to the fold.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

e X posted:

Seriously, if someone had told me that a year ago that Skye Daisy, of all people, would end up as my favorite character, I would have laughed in his face. But her gunning down Ward was basically perfect.

That was the best thing. I wonder if the actress still ships Skyeward after that haha.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I need to find an image somewhere of what happened to Raina. I guess it should be expected given that she's not very nice and was so adamant that she was going to become something better.

Skye loving owns, Ward fuckings own. Whole season has owned so far.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

e X posted:

No loving hesitation, no witty banter until after she shot him.

Just goddamn.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Xtanstic posted:

That was the best thing. I wonder if the actress still ships Skyeward after that haha.

Quakeward doesn't have the same ring to it, so that's probably done!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dexo posted:

No loving hesitation, no witty banter until after she shot him.

Just goddamn.

It was so great because when I saw her going for the gun I figured we were going to have a scene with her training it on him and them talking but before I even had time to process that thought bam, he was down.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

But now I can no longer ship Jemma and Trip :smith:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

It was so great because when I saw her going for the gun I figured we were going to have a scene with her training it on him and them talking but before I even had time to process that thought bam, he was down.

Same here, I was already rolling my eyes and then BANG BANG.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I ship WardCrazyMay

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NotALizardman posted:

Same here, I was already rolling my eyes and then BANG BANG.

She shot him three times too. It was amazing.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Dexo posted:

I ship WardCrazyMay

I got really excited when madame Hydra saved Ward.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I pretty amped after that episode. Godamn I need MORE!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Welp. That sure as gently caress was one hell of a :stare: episoode.

:stare:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Skye proved she was a true SHIELD agent the second she she turned the thought "the obelisk isn't killing me" into "I am now holding a weapon".

That was awesome, as was her putting 4 bullets into Ward immediately - and then ice burning him by saying he taught her not to turn her back on an enemy.

But drat it, Tripp. :(

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Hmmmmm we can throw an unexpected twist at the audience, seed the idea that there are Inhumans among the population that don't know it, and give Trip superpowers...

naw, let's kill a black dude so this episode has some mothafuckin' stakes, that's a better idea, you're right.

Other than that, episode rocked, but goddammit.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
No-Eyes Man seems to be Reader. Other people are throwing out information about the character, and Marvel's Twitter is subtle-but-clever enough to suggest it as well.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

efb

hmmm

http://www.comicvine.com/reader/4005-107115/

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Hmmmmm we can throw an unexpected twist at the audience, seed the idea that there are Inhumans among the population that don't know it, and give Trip superpowers...

naw, let's kill a black dude so this episode has some mothafuckin' stakes, that's a better idea, you're right.

What

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh now I get that GBS confession.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

The Actor is literally on another show, and could only very rarely show up on this one.

Also literally everyone in that cavern besides Coulson was a minority and they aren't killing coulson soooooo

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 10, 2014

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

quote is not edit.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

That still doesn't prove that they're Inhumans. :colbert:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

I need to find an image somewhere of what happened to Raina. I guess it should be expected given that she's not very nice and was so adamant that she was going to become something better.

Skye loving owns, Ward fuckings own. Whole season has owned so far.

I took a lovely pic of my DVR'd episode with my phone:

Also I missed the line of dialog with the Koenigs. Someone said it confirmed that they're LMDs?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

Also I missed the line of dialog with the Koenigs. Someone said it confirmed that they're LMDs?

No, it was a joke.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Barry Convex posted:

Believe what you want, Inhumans on this show are not happening until/unless they're introduced in the films (which Feige did hint could happen earlier than 2018, to be fair). You will probably start to see some TV->film integration, as opposed to just the reverse, beginning with AOU, but that's unlikely to ever be anything more than relatively small cameos or Easter eggs.

SHIELD is a companion series to the film canon, not an integral storytelling engine for it, and it's best to accept that.

Sorry to dig this up but this guy doubled down so hard against the obvious that he pretty much deserves to be shamed.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

Fantastic, thanks!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

Cat Lady :pervert:

Sorry to dig this up but this guy doubled down so hard against the obvious that he pretty much deserves to be shamed.

Add this to the OP IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'm mad they killed Trip?

• Locked thread