Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

It was live and contained some insider and technical details things Dave can't provide because he lacks that knowledge. That is why I can go to bat for it, it provided three thing I wanted and don't get.

I'm not familiar with him aside from the live analysis and subsequent defense of it but any of the positives of him being more knowledgable and breaking it down round-by-round were completely overshadowed by how juvenile, insultingly unfunny and poorly written it was. It reads like how some kid from 4chan would write out an mma e-fed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

is that the same guy who does the five star radio shows because those suck too and are bad and not good.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I can 100% understand why people were pissed cause it seems like the equivalent of having the nostalgia critic fill in for roger Ebert. Both probably have similar knowledge of film but it's gonna seem pretty annoying and unprofessional to people who are used to ebert

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

gently caress bix

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I'm not familiar with him aside from the live analysis and subsequent defense of it but any of the positives of him being more knowledgable and breaking it down round-by-round were completely overshadowed by how juvenile, insultingly unfunny and poorly written it was. It reads like how some kid from 4chan would write out an mma e-fed

If people didn't like it, fine. The way Dave has handled it is atrocious though. Coughlin has been on that site for 9 years, since before it merged with the Observer. Dave wouldn't apologize or acknowledge years and years of complaints and threads about Babinsack. If you mention Babinsack around him he loses his ability to speak. He wouldn't say anything about Bix when Bix declared he would send in a blank Japanese ballot to try to keep Tanahashi out of the HoF. It's just kind of lovely to turn around and say it when it involves someone who has been so involved with that site.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

Wouldn't a shoot best worker be the guy who KOs his opponents in under a minute? Who wants to pay PPV money for that?

:lol:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

If people didn't like it, fine. The way Dave has handled it is atrocious though. Coughlin has been on that site for 9 years, since before it merged with the Observer. Dave wouldn't apologize or acknowledge years and years of complaints and threads about Babinsack. If you mention Babinsack around him he loses his ability to speak. He wouldn't say anything about Bix when Bix declared he would send in a blank Japanese ballot to try to keep Tanahashi out of the HoF. It's just kind of lovely to turn around and say it when it involves someone who has been so involved with that site.

Admittedly if he's been on that site for a decade and has his niche it's pretty lovely to dump on him after you ask him to do a thing and he does it in his own style. Really just all the blame should be on Dave

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

my favorite thing about psp being integrated is primary wrestling or mma posters being utterly confused by the other industry like they're not basically the same thing

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

my favorite thing about psp being integrated is primary wrestling or mma posters being utterly confused by the other industry like they're not basically the same thing

Yeah the CM Punk signing with the UFC thread is amazing pretty much all the way through for this reason

'So I've never watched MMA before but was wondering what are CM Punk's chances against literally the best fighters in the entire world given that he has zero experience inside an octagon in a real fight situation?'

He's gonna be fine, no worries

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 10, 2014

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah the CM Punk signing with the UFC thread is amazing pretty much all the way through for this reason

It's my favorite thread atm

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

then gently caress off to it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

yea ok posted:

then gently caress off to it

relax maybe

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Does anyone have a Promo Code for MLW Radios website? I want to sign up to hear all the PREMIUM TALKIN SHOPS~!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

How do you cancel your Observer subscription? I clicked on my account and it has options for paying them but I couldn't see one to cancel.

It's a cool site and I enjoy listening to the Bryan/Dave radio shows they do, but I realized that I've listened more to their free stuff than their paid stuff so far, and I'd rather put the monthly money towards the NJPW Network.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Jerusalem posted:

How do you cancel your Observer subscription? I clicked on my account and it has options for paying them but I couldn't see one to cancel.

It's a cool site and I enjoy listening to the Bryan/Dave radio shows they do, but I realized that I've listened more to their free stuff than their paid stuff so far, and I'd rather put the monthly money towards the NJPW Network.

Go to the Payment history page: https://www.f4wonline.com/member/member.php?tab=payment_history

There should be a button to cancel on your latest payment.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That did it, thanks.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I was annoyed by the Coughlin coverage because I went there to read the play by play and reading "I'm not doing pbp for this fight so I can enjoy watching it." Was really frustrating, particularly when it was a close fight that came down to knowing who won what rounds and what happened in those rounds. I almost emailed them to complain but I saw others were already doing it.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

PaybackJack posted:

I was annoyed by the Coughlin coverage because I went there to read the play by play and reading "I'm not doing pbp for this fight so I can enjoy watching it." Was really frustrating, particularly when it was a close fight that came down to knowing who won what rounds and what happened in those rounds. I almost emailed them to complain but I saw others were already doing it.

But Dave doesn't do round by round stuff for MMA anyway, so there's really no difference in the pbp coverage for that fight.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Endorph posted:

I'm a fan of maladroit.
A million years late on this, but you rock.

For content, this week's free MLW features Disco Inferno likening Punk to "a modern day Bret" and claiming he has post-concussion syndrome. They get into it pretty much in the beginning.

Warning: Disco has never been as entertaining as he should be.

Dario the Wop fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Dec 10, 2014

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

ChampRamp posted:

But Dave doesn't do round by round stuff for MMA anyway, so there's really no difference in the pbp coverage for that fight.

Dave does do round by round stuff. Look at the 180 results. http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/97-ufc/39922-ufc-180-live-coverage-from-mexico-city

It might not be posted as quickly live but he does do it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I believe the thrust of the argument was that he doesn't do it live, round by round. which is true, it is useless for a blow by blow round by round description. But he does at the of the fight give a round by round report. IF that makes sense?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

LordPants posted:

I believe the thrust of the argument was that he doesn't do it live, round by round. which is true, it is useless for a blow by blow round by round description. But he does at the of the fight give a round by round report. IF that makes sense?

I don't care when he does it, because I'm usually not reading it blow by blow, and usually not even live. If he had gone back after each round and detailed what happened that would have been fine. I could even accept after the fight is over. The fact that I went to check the results hours later and had to go to another website to find out why the decision was so close and what happened in each round was ridiculous.

That's my issue with it. I don't care about his personal comments they're still not as bad as whoever does the Raw report.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Dec 10, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I agree with you entirely. I was just explaining Champ Ramp's opinion, I think. ;)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bryan & Vinny (& Craig) Raw reviews have reached Impact review levels of glorious burial.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

That's my issue with it. I don't care about his personal comments they're still not as bad as whoever does the Raw report.

Yea i don't know if the front page was ever "good" but with the raw report, countless opinion pieces from random forum posters, bix, there's nothing really but the radio shows & observer. granted that's most of the content but the rest is so bad

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

njsykora posted:

Bryan & Vinny (& Craig) Raw reviews have reached Impact review levels of glorious burial.

Oh god, if Robodave was incredulous at how bad Raw was I can only imagine how badly Bryan buried it on his show. Time to go queue it up on iCatcher.

e: "the ambulance, like all ambulances, was full of smoke and lights, smoke's just pouring out of it like loving RVD is driving it"

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Dec 10, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Guys, Is there a BOEING in seattle?

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Whole lotta F-bombs from Vinny today. A much less polite version of how a lot of us feel about sports entertainment.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The Dean Ambrose interview starts at 23:10 for those who are not interested in hearing Jericho's horrendous intros.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Luigi Thirty posted:

"the ambulance, like all ambulances, was full of smoke and lights, smoke's just pouring out of it like loving RVD is driving it"

How do you know he wasn't?

Confirmed: RVD will be in the Rumble.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

To be fair for content on the F4W/WO main site, the standard is so low I once got an article up there

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Coughlin thinks Royce is the ideal person for cm punk to debut against apparently

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aesop Poprock posted:

Coughlin thinks Royce is the ideal person for cm punk to debut against apparently

The fight would be terrible, but I'd buy it. Plus I don't think Royce could pass a drug test.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GoutPatrol posted:

To be fair for content on the F4W/WO main site, the standard is so low I once got an article up there

I once sent fake spoilers for the lovely mtv wrestling show a few years ago, they published it obviously.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Well, I just cancelled my sub. I realised I barely listen to any of the audio shows anymore because this is the least I've been interested in wrestling in 10 years. I unfollowed every wrestling related twitter and Instagram account too :(

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Perigryn posted:

Well, I just cancelled my sub. I realised I barely listen to any of the audio shows anymore because this is the least I've been interested in wrestling in 10 years. I unfollowed every wrestling related twitter and Instagram account too :(

No not the Instagram accounts!! Say it ain't so :(

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

gently caress you, Mongo.

Shut up.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Perigryn posted:

I'm really only interested in seeing the nxt guys come to the main roster and Kevin steen in nxt, and even then they're going to be booked just as badly as everyone else so I'm not even interested in long term stuff. Other than that I just want to see the fans continue to poo poo on the stuff wwe puts out and read/listen to how horrible things are

like even if zayn or whoever else is pushed strong at first and get over they're just going to hit the same seesaw booking patterns everyone else hits, which just makes every character seem completely aimless and adrift. I dunno how their main audience is even remotely hanging on to watch cause there's no real resolution or progression for anything anymore

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 10, 2014

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Aesop Poprock posted:

I dunno how their main audience is even remotely hanging on to watch

They aren't, which is why WWE is relying on every other possible revenue stream at their disposal to actually make money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i find the constant negativity gets a little tiresome. not that most of it isn't warranted, but not everything on every show is the worst thing ever and bryan especially is often clearly just looking for stuff to complain about.

• Locked thread