Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

univbee posted:

The ad

How the original game actually looks

so thats to hide the fact the new stuff actually looks basically the same or even worse than the original lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Stux posted:

so thats to hide the fact the new stuff actually looks basically the same or even worse than the original lmao

They cant hit 1080p unless they downgrade those graphics.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

univbee posted:

and yes, I mean this in an "I think they outsold PS4" context

We'll see. I mean, not surprised if they actually do, but man will it be great if it gets outsold again.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
NPD is tomorrow right?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

univbee posted:

The ad

i think its funny that they cant release the expansions because the code doesnt exist anymore

i would have definitely bought it but now im thinking theyre lying and going to re-release the expansions as re-expansions

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Don Lapre posted:

NPD is tomorrow right?

Yup. The day where MS will barely outsell the PS4 even considering the firesale prices.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Yup. The day where MS will barely outsell the PS4 even considering the firesale prices.

Should we start taking bets on what reason the boner brigade will lean on for the uplift in sales other than "it had the cheapest sticker price on black friday and that's literally all that matters to black friday shoppers"

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bobtista posted:

Should we start taking bets on what reason the boner brigade will lean on for the uplift in sales other than "it had the cheapest sticker price on black friday and that's literally all that matters to black friday shoppers"

boner brigade lol keep em coming man, loving Microshaft amirite

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

I guess you could say sony is

throwing them a bone

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

boner brigade is the boners themselves not MS?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Nuts and Gum posted:

sorry about your terrible purchasing decisions

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They don't release the numbers so you won't know how what the difference is.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

univbee posted:

The ad

:eyepop: Take my money now

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Don Lapre posted:

I guess you could say sony is

throwing them a bone

:crafty:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
http://shoryuken.com/2014/12/10/microsoft-gathering-community-opinions-on-porting-killer-instinct-to-pc/

:crafty:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

It's a good game I hope my PC brethren get to enjoy it.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

every fighting game is on steam nowadays

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Three hours late, but there it is. Thank you aboc, I can rest easy now.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Another one bites the dust - Freddie

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Is mugen easy to setup yet?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

gschmidl posted:

amazon.de's discounting the bone to €333 for Prime members, down from €389.

Selling fine(tm) in DACH, too.

Sony over reacting to being outsold in the UK for 4 weeks straight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trt7039-jus

That's a brand new special edition PS4 for £19.94 ($40 ).

Must be debt collection day

Sony smelling fine tm.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I hope it has crossplay between PC and Bone because it would be a good trend to start, and this is probably a reaction to SFV anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Crafty's confused because that's what English TV still looks like.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Bass Bottles posted:

I hope it has crossplay between PC and Bone because it would be a good trend to start, and this is probably a reaction to SFV anyway.

Not a chance.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Bass Bottles posted:

Wont happen

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bass Bottles posted:

MS just wants to make sure that more people than just their boners are affected when XBL goes down. It really sticks in their craw that steam has been up and running for a month straight.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Don Lapre posted:

Wont happen

Why not?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

ethanol posted:

Why not?

Because MS doesn't allow cross play.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ethanol posted:

Why not?

Name a single Xbox-PC cross multiplayer game in the 13 years of Microsoft consoles other than FFXI.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

abagofcheetos posted:

Name a single Xbox-PC cross multiplayer game in the 13 years of Microsoft consoles other than FFXI.

You forgot about Shadowrun bitch.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

abagofcheetos posted:

Shadowrun. A huge loving waste of a license, and a bloodbath for the Xbox crew.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

abagofcheetos posted:

Okay but what if the idea of Microsoft consoles is being phased out? They didn't buy Minecraft to make it Xbox exclusive, they're porting first party games to PC. I know it's like a meme that MS promises to support PC and then never does it, but if Xbox actually is on the way out, which I know a lot of you guys believe, then it kind of makes sense to finally do it. Especially if they're serious about creating a Windows app store????

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

AngryBooch posted:

You forgot about Shadowrun bitch.

owned... ive just been owned....

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

abagofcheetos posted:

True but there's plenty of examples of xbox pulling shortsighted half-assed me too attempts to match competitors.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rudoku posted:

Shadowrun. A huge loving waste of a license, and a bloodbath for the Xbox crew.

Wait that actually happened and wasn't an idea abandoned in testing?

Holy poo poo.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

vista only too

well, "vista only"

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bass Bottles posted:

Okay but what if the idea of Microsoft consoles is being phased out? They didn't buy Minecraft to make it Xbox exclusive, they're porting first party games to PC. I know it's like a meme that MS promises to support PC and then never does it, but if Xbox actually is on the way out, which I know a lot of you guys believe, then it kind of makes sense to finally do it. Especially if they're serious about creating a Windows app store????

But there is no need to make Minecraft cross platform. It can exist in each little world as each device stops receiving updates from the main code base. I think the point of mindcraft was to have a property that will drive every kid currently 8 years old to always have a reason to buy MS' version of a product for the next 20 years, not to recreate The Matrix with hatchets & chickens.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah that's my point. There's nothing standing in the way of cross platform play but microsoft and also developers need to inplement it. I think killer instinct could very well go cross-platform. It's shortsighted to say it will never happen

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

True but there's plenty of examples of xbox pulling shortsighted half-assed me too attempts to match competitors.

That's not even an xbox thing

Kin
Zune
Windows phone
Surface
Windows app store

Basically the last decade of MS consumer products have been "oh poo poo us too push it out the door"

Windows 7 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Crafty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trt7039-jus

That's a brand new special edition PS4 for £19.94 ($40 ).

Must be debt collection day

Sony smelling fine tm.

All the proceeds are going to charity

You're just not very good at this, Crafty :cripes:

• Locked thread