Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
All you married/child having folk bragging about your cooking for two or more and being able to share chores and tax relief is very upsetting to me, a person living alone. Every fresh food purchase is a balance between paying the small portion premium and having half of it go off before I can use it. :(

e: December 1927, The United Kingdom and the Kingdom of Iraq sign a Treaty of
Alliance and Amity, an agreement upheld to this very day.

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Is there anything in the world more depressing than those half-sized single serving tins of beans

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

Oberleutnant posted:

Is there anything in the world more depressing than those half-sized single serving tins of beans

Watching a sick child struggle to breathe in a damp room full of mold.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Umiapik posted:

Are you the same guy who was claiming that he didn't have the money and/ or time to take showers? I can't be arsed to go back and check but you certainly sound like him.

Are you the same guy likes to gently caress small children?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Mr Cuddles posted:

nah

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Are you the same guy likes to gently caress small children?

It sounds like him

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Mr Cuddles posted:

Only if he's eating half-size tins of baked beans.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Pesky Splinter posted:

Only if he's eating half-size tins of baked beans.

a sick child struggling to breath in a mouldy room, with a single serving tin of baked beans he can't eat because he doesn't have a tin opener.

e: and his dog's dead

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
the dog had three legs and was blind

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I can eat a whole big tin of beans by myself.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Pesmerga posted:

Also, re avatar - who'd you upset?
I have no idea - I have avatars and sigs disabled, so I didn't know I had a new one.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Oberleutnant posted:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

Anyone that says they can't is being precious.

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

You were expecting...Sandy Claws?

Fun Shoe

Oberleutnant posted:

the dog had three legs and was blind

Had the dog TRIED having four legs, or really made a good effort at being able to see? Lack of boot-wearing ability is no excuse to stop bootstrapping.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Who's a big strong boy!?

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Oberleutnant posted:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

yep.

that'll do it.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

That happened to me :( (Kind of, when I was 6 I said I wanted to leave home because they wouldn't change my name to Mary so my mum packed my bag and my dad drove me round asking where I wanted to be dropped off).

My mum did tell me I'd never be pretty but I was about 13 then.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Sundayturks posted:

Had the dog TRIED having four legs, or really made a good effort at being able to see? Lack of boot-wearing ability is no excuse to stop bootstrapping.

There's a small crumpled note next to the dog. It reads;

"ATOS Work Capabilty Assessment:
  • Blind
  • Missing limbs
  • Dog
  • Deceased
  • No language skills
Final Assessment: Fit for Work."

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

hookerbot 5000 posted:

That happened to me :( (Kind of, when I was 6 I said I wanted to leave home because they wouldn't change my name to Mary so my mum packed my bag and my dad drove me round asking where I wanted to be dropped off).

Nooo!

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Did you know that the recommended serving listed on a box of cadbury's chocolate fingers is 4, just 4 chocolate fingers. I find this laughable.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Oberleutnant posted:

Watching an old man double-check the coins in his hand to make sure he's got enough money for one.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

TheHoodedClaw posted:

Watching an old man double-check the coins in his hand to make sure he's got enough money for one.

:unsmigghh:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Carrier posted:

Did you know that the recommended serving listed on a box of cadbury's chocolate fingers is 4, just 4 chocolate fingers. I find this laughable.

You can get more than four fingers in your mouth at once?

Text me

Carrier
May 12, 2009

JFairfax posted:

You can get more than four fingers in your mouth at once?

Text me

I imagine I could get 10 in if I truly wanted to, that would kind of ruin the enjoyment of the act though I think.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Carrier posted:

That's so they can keep the percentages down on the gda.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

TheHoodedClaw posted:

That's it I'm going to bed

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

My favourite is the 50g bag of Mini Cheddars whose nutritional values on the front are listed for a 25g portion.

It's all redundant anyway, because one portion is always 'the entire bag/pack'.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Mr Cuddles posted:

It's important to remind yourself of the horrors of existence on a daily basis. The angst will keep you sharp and angry.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Just remembered something about the whole Andy Burnham controversy: as Health Secretary, Burnham brought in a rule that the NHS would always be the preferred bidder in tenders. In February 2010, NHS trade unions actually asked Burnham to restart the tender after the last NHS bidder dropped out, and he refused.

The NHS is hosed. :smith:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Oberleutnant posted:

It's important to remind yourself of the horrors of existence on a daily basis. The angst will keep you sharp and angry.

It's okay he's going to bed. Presumably to think about the countless others who don't have such luxury awaiting them

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Cuddles posted:

You sick gently caress, wanking over the thought of old men not being able to pay for beans

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

JFairfax posted:

You sick gently caress, wanking over the thought of old men not being able to pay for beans

Mr Cuddles is IDS?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Carrier posted:

I imagine I could get 10 in if I truly wanted to, that would kind of ruin the enjoyment of the act though I think.
Fortunately they neither have knuckles nor are associated with violence, so there's nothing stopping you doing it for profit.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Foodchat: I walk past M&S on my way home and buy whatever looks tasty and expires that day so it's really cheap and generally better quality than other supermarkets. Also posh people never buy discounted stuff so there's always something decent going.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Nowt wrong with a cup o beans man

(you could put a sausage in it, make it a savoury 99)

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

tonight i had a cheese toastie for dinner. then a whole pack of star mix at the cinema.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

hookerbot 5000 posted:

I hope you deed polled yourself to Mary status when you were old enough!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pesky Splinter posted:

There's a small crumpled note next to the dog. It reads;

"ATOS Work Capabilty Assessment:
  • Blind
  • Missing limbs
  • Dog
  • Deceased
  • No language skills
Final Assessment: Fit for Work."

What is this, "Goons write country songs"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

El Scotch posted:

What is this, "Goons write country songs"?

We're all singing the Austerity Blues.

• Locked thread