Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Spermgod posted:

i find the constant negativity gets a little tiresome. not that most of it isn't warranted, but not everything on every show is the worst thing ever and bryan especially is often clearly just looking for stuff to complain about.

He probably is, but some of it comes from the frustration that WWE is capable of, and should be, putting on the best shows ever because of the resources and talent at their disposal. However, they're a dysfunctional shithouse company run by morons, so their show sucks, which is even worse when you consider what it could be if the creative team ever got their poo poo together for longer than a month at a time.

Bryan is an annoying malcontent, though, which is why I don't really listen to anything he does or says anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Bryan rules and I like the daily shows where he's just cutting a promo by himself for 10 minutes. Put him in the opening segment of Raw imo

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i don't know why this example in particular stuck in my head but i remember a few months ago where they had someone counted out (Rusev?) and bryan was complaining that it was a lame non-finish and was RUINING the guy because HE COULDN'T ANSWER A TEN COUNT THAT'S EVEN WORSE THAN GETTING PINNED FOR THREE SECONDS. like this is a guy who's been watching wrestling for what, 30 years? and doesn't understand count-outs have been used for decades to protect guys and have never been seen by fans as a legitimate win, regardless of if it's actually worse than getting pinned if you think about it (which i don't think it is anyway but whatever). or alternatively he does understand that and he's just complaining for the sake of it/because he thinks that's what the listeners want.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
A 10 count is only worse than a pin for the loser if it occurs inside the ring due to a KO or something. I only listen to the episodes with Dave though. (by the way I JUST got an observer sub, are there any must hear eps in the archive?)

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
All I know is Vinny's sheer vitriol today at Dolph Ziggler's speech was pretty wonderful.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Under the vegetable posted:

A 10 count is only worse than a pin for the loser if it occurs inside the ring due to a KO or something. I only listen to the episodes with Dave though. (by the way I JUST got an observer sub, are there any must hear eps in the archive?)

October 11, 2011 edition of Observer Radio. Many consider that to be the worst Raw of all time, and it produced a great Observer Radio.

The Bryan and Vinny show immediately after the Royal Rumble this year was awesome, mainly because of Bryan's exasperation with people trying to call into the show when he's not taking calls, and him screaming about Randy Orton vs John Cena. Then he goes off on a tirade that they need to do something with Daniel Bryan. Craig asks "What can they do?" and Bryan screams "PUSH DANIEL BRYAN! IT'S NOT HARD!" It's tremendous.

Then there's Vinny's meltdown in the review of TNA Lockdown this year. Worth listening for sure.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There's also the utterly unlistenable Dave/Bryan post-Rumble podcast where they talk past each other about Daniel Bryan's house show numbers for like half an hour.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Is this year's Lockdown the one where Vinny rants about HOW CAN YOU gently caress UP A WARGAMES for like 5 minutes?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is this year's Lockdown the one where Vinny rants about HOW CAN YOU gently caress UP A WARGAMES for like 5 minutes?

Yes

"AND THEN DIXIE CARTER'S MUSIC STARTS PLAYING!"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

B&V reviewing Urban Wrestling is top notch. I think the first one is June of 2011?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

B&V reviewing Urban Wrestling is top notch. I think the first one is June of 2011?

is Urban Wrestling still around? Last thing I remember is the cliffhanger where they shot at a van a whole bunch.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Alain Post posted:

There's also the utterly unlistenable Dave/Bryan post-Rumble podcast where they talk past each other about Daniel Bryan's house show numbers for like half an hour.

HM: The argument over whether Daniel Bryan is over or whether his catchphrase is over. I cancelled my sub for a few months after that one.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

is Urban Wrestling still around? Last thing I remember is the cliffhanger where they shot at a van a whole bunch.

Not that i know of. They aired their first batch of tapings and only ever released the first show on dvd

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I dunno how their main audience is even remotely hanging on to watch cause there's no real resolution or progression for anything anymore

John Cena doesn't even need to be pinned to lose, though! Do you think he can overcome the odds and retain the Heavyweight WWE World Heavyweight Championship of the World?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'll recommend a Bryan show from his After Dark series [which I generally don't listen to], he had one of the Jonestown survivors on last winter and it was fascinating. Sorry I don't have a name but it was excellent listening.

Anyone keeping up with the Lapsed Fan shows btw?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

ICHIBAHN posted:

I'll recommend a Bryan show from his After Dark series [which I generally don't listen to], he had one of the Jonestown survivors on last winter and it was fascinating. Sorry I don't have a name but it was excellent listening.

Anyone keeping up with the Lapsed Fan shows btw?

Yes, XV was sooo long but awesome.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Spermgod posted:

i find the constant negativity gets a little tiresome. not that most of it isn't warranted, but not everything on every show is the worst thing ever and bryan especially is often clearly just looking for stuff to complain about.

I feel like the various LAW podcasts are much worse about this.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

The Paul Levesque call gets off to a great start with a question from pee winsider

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Daniel Bryan posted:

October 11, 2011 edition of Observer Radio. Many consider that to be the worst Raw of all time, and it produced a great Observer Radio.

I don't remember this Raw at all, but this podcast starts off with Bryan and Dave agreeing that they'd rather watch Impact than this Raw. Thank you so much for this.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Alakaiser posted:

I don't remember this Raw at all, but this podcast starts off with Bryan and Dave agreeing that they'd rather watch Impact than this Raw. Thank you so much for this.

You know it's great when you begin listening and Dave sounds flustered and then says "I don't even really want to talk about it"

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oatgan posted:

Not that i know of. They aired their first batch of tapings and only ever released the first show on dvd

their website hasn't updated two and a half years and has some dead links and images so i think its safe to say urban wrestling is dead

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

their website hasn't updated two and a half years and has some dead links and images so i think its safe to say urban wrestling is dead

i wonder what Steve the Hustler is doing these days

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

Hustling?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I enjoy how Vinny keeps asking Bryan why they hired Mongo and even though Dave has explained it to Bryan recently he never remembers.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

oatgan posted:

getting That Paper

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

dsriggs posted:

getting That Paper

He's about that money

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

ch3cooh posted:

He's about that money

"He will need to grow another dick, to accommodate all of the bitches that he will be loving."

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

"He will need to grow another dick, to accommodate all of the bitches that he will be loving."

:allears:

efc: the Barnett interview is up and getting me pretty psyched for the NJPW Eng dub :)

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 11, 2014

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

"I wrote it down as 'He's gonna need a second dick for all the fuckin' he'll be doing.'"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

UNCLE MURDER

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ambrose tells a hell of a story about how the mannequin promo he did in WWE came about on Jericho's podcast.

Long story short: Vince McMahon is REALLY insane. :stare:

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
"Yeah, sure, as long as you pause so that the crowd can cheer it afterwards"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Another Person posted:

"Yeah, sure, as long as you pause so that the crowd can cheer it afterwards"

"Put a sausage in it and smash it with a hammer :stare:"
"Can we do that?"
"Sure it's creative license!"

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Did Dave go to the Performance Center without mentioning it?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Hello hello it's episode 70 of the Wrestlehut Pisscast. We talked Raw, previewed NXT and TLC, reviewed ROH, got off on a tangent about It's Always Sunny and then it was all walrus penises until the end. Did you know they have the largest penis bone of all land dwelling mammals?

http://tindeck.com/listen/qcrp
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/xnx24neugj56whg/070+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3
http://pisscast.blogspot.com
Or download on iTunes/RSS

Thank you!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Bauer and Pollock show is usually pretty unremarkable but I popped for Court's out of nowhere "What do you mean that wasn't [Charlotte's] debut? WAS THIS A CONFERENCE CALL FOR ASSHOLES??" this week

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Bauer and Pollock show is usually pretty unremarkable but I popped for Court's out of nowhere "What do you mean that wasn't [Charlotte's] debut? WAS THIS A CONFERENCE CALL FOR ASSHOLES??" this week

What's HHH supposed to say?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Bhester posted:

"She shoulda gone f***ing over!"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Bhester posted:

there's a difference between spinning something and pretending something didn't happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
so I am trying to add the F4W stuff to my podcast program but the login requires an email. I tried my email attached to my paypal, but no luck. Anyone else have a similar issue?

• Locked thread