Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
My adventures in obtaining a ~Lvl. 5 Meat Boy~

Started as Eden with Book of Revelations and cube of meat, had a 2nd level cube of meat on Basement I. Wound up fighting super pride which was absolutely horrifying with my poor damage and I lost both my spirit hearts to homing troll bombs.

Picked up my reflection on the first floor treasure room since it has some okay synergies now. 2nd floor gave me dead onion, and I was wary of picking it up at first, but before heading down to the caves I went back and took dead onion since I started with bad damage and like the minimum base tears stat and the 2nd boss room + devil room had both left me empty handed. Spectral + piercing tears could be the edge I needed! (or my doom)

Because of my range, 2nd level cube of meat was my main source of damage through Caves I. It took forever, but at least I got the ouija board in the treasure room which was just what I was hoping for to alleviate my increasingly dire inability to deal damage.

Without my 2nd level cube of meat, caves II was a bit of a disaster. I can't even come close to hitting them. But at least I have bombs!

gently caress.

The depths started where caves left off. I could not sling my tears far enough to reach the red poop.

Masks of infamy rooms took me into red hearts. Meat boy was worthless against war but I somehow got through a very long fight without getting hit. Lvl. 4 cube of meat achieved! But why stop there?!

I would have died on this room if not for rotten baby. My tears couldn't reach the lump enemies before they went down again, and with no room to maneuver that would mean charging straight into their shots.

Despite all the difficulties and constant cursing at meat boy, I achieved what normally isn't even possible: Full meat boy + extra cube of meat. :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenishi
Nov 18, 2010

Jibo posted:

My win streak counter seems to be stuck at 1. Unless Eden runs just don't count for your win streak for some reason.

If you are using mods of any sort these may be messing with it especially if you are patched.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

gently caress YOU GAME :black101:

Now I can go back to beating it for real. Actually have some fun with this game.

...is this game fun? I don't even remember anymore :ohdear:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Max damage + sickle + monstros lung + the splatted dog + spectral tears. I also had the triple shot but I don't know if it stacks.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

:black101:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Doomsayer posted:

gently caress YOU GAME :black101:

Now I can go back to beating it for real. Actually have some fun with this game.

...is this game fun? I don't even remember anymore :ohdear:

It's still very fun. Just play as Isaac/Eden, give no shits and do your best to break the game.

Seriously, Eden is like the best feature of the new game. It's so fun to just get a fully random set from the start.

E: Speaking of Eden, just got Death's Scythes as Eden's random item. :allears:

ONDF L8A4 if anyone cares, provided Eden's items are determined by seed.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 11, 2014

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Holy poo poo, finally downloading the PS4 patch. Was becoming sceptical this day would ever come.

edit: OMG THE GAME STARTS

edit2: Vita too!!

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Dec 11, 2014

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Looks like there's some kind of lock for modding your game now. Shame.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

It appears that the anti-mod achievement locker checks if you've modifies characters, the textures of rocks, most .xml files, or room files.

I'm opposed to such a restrictive list because it prevents quality of life stuff like a better item description mod, no stupid red womb filter mod, a colorblind player's mod, and a recolor marked rocks mod.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 11, 2014

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Trilin posted:

Looks like there's some kind of lock for modding your game now. Shame.

Oh, yeah. I was experimenting with players.xml and forgot I had it on there, so when I started the game it said in red text where the version number is "Version 1.031 [MOD]". I don't know what it did, but I imagine you can't get achievements if you have the game modded.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
I modded the lost to always start with a holy mantle, so I'm kinda glad I cleaned that up before this was implemented. :shobon:

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Trilin posted:

I modded the lost to always start with a holy mantle, so I'm kinda glad I cleaned that up before this was implemented. :shobon:

This is the lamest kind of mod, hands down.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
This didn't get mentioned in the PC notes, but the PS4 version mentions the telefragging being fixed.

RIP Dark Bum. For the record, it's still a great item, just slightly less run winning now.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

LaughMyselfTo posted:

It is, I copped out. I don't really have the talent or time to put into the lost, but I really wanted to give Godhead a spin.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Eh, it does nothing but cut out the hours of holding R you were going to do anyway.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
I suppose, I skipped the first item room as a bit of a concession. I got all of the unlocks in one attempt each but I got hit a crap ton doing most of them.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Eh, honestly if I knew how I'd just edit my save to have the lost/his items unlocked.

I think he's an interesting challenge for those who enjoy such challenges, but I lack the skill or desire to play as/with him.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

golden bubble posted:

It appears that the anti-mod achievement locker checks if you've modifies characters, the textures of rocks, most .xml files, or room files.

I'm opposed to such a restrictive list because it prevents quality of life stuff like a better item description mod, no stupid red womb filter mod, a colorblind player's mod, and a recolor marked rocks mod.

You don't need a mod to disable the womb filter, if you create a 'config.ini' inside the resources folder that looks like this

code:
[Options] 
EnableColorCorrection=1 
EnableCaustics=1
EnableShockwave=1 
EnableLighting=1
EnableFilter=0
EnablePixelation=1
it is disabled w/o counting as a mod

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

LaughMyselfTo posted:

The lamest kind of "mod" was cheesing challenges with the loving enemies attack each other seed. Bullshit.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

About that, seed exploits still exist. They missed getting rid of one. Type in the seed on the character select screen, back out to the file select screen, go back to the character select screen and choose whoever. Your run will still be seeded, but the no unlockables and achievements restrictions no longer apply. Doesn't work for challenges anymore.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
So... I'm dead but maybe someone could tell me what happened. Great run with Ludovico, magnetic tears, and a bunch of other crap.

Boss rush is just me walking away from stuff while the tear waggles stuff to death.

Then Conquest and Death come out, and my tear RETREATS and turns white (from it's former red color). It basically flies AWAY from everything, to the bottom right.

Red horesman gets of horse and starts humping me. I go from full hearts to no hearts, cry myself to sleep.

Whyyyy

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Yea, sorry Edmund but I'm gonna go ahead and not update until a DLC. Too much bullshit in that patch. I got my RPG and now I'm into playing for fun which means maybe I want cheesy combos and exploits.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

RiskyChris posted:

The lamest kind of "mod" was cheesing challenges with the loving enemies attack each other seed. Bullshit.

Yes, yes, bitch about it all you like. Not every player is as good as you probably are, and a bunch of those less talented players probably wanted to get the things still. I, for one, am not really that good at video games in general, I used the seed to get me through because I want to have access to a part of the game (ie.Runes) which I would probably never see otherwise. I will probably never get past the caves with the Lost, so you don't have to worry about my achievements ruining your Godhead's rarity.

But really, its a single player game, and if other people don't want to spend hours rerolling suicide king so they get D4/D100/Misingno right off the bat, that's their choice, and it isn't hurting you.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah, I'm leaving the Lost until the very last and hope that something changes to make him actually bearable.

Otherwise, I'll cheat like a little bitch, because gently caress doing it legit, I do not have the motivation, or care.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
No, you see it's important that you hit r 400 times until you get the one item that makes the lost not total bullshit because

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Alkydere posted:

Eh, honestly if I knew how I'd just edit my save to have the lost/his items unlocked.

For real though if anyone knows how to do this it'd be great. I'm probably gonna give in and just download a 100% save eventually but a file with actually-my-stats aside from The Lost unlocks would be better for sure.

edit: alternatively does anyone know a seed with gnawed leaf + holy mantle + some kind of passive damage so I can just run isaac in the background for a while

Koramei fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Dec 11, 2014

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

Dr. Fetus posted:

About that, seed exploits still exist. They missed getting rid of one. Type in the seed on the character select screen, back out to the file select screen, go back to the character select screen and choose whoever. Your run will still be seeded, but the no unlockables and achievements restrictions no longer apply. Doesn't work for challenges anymore.

Does anybody have a good Lost seed? (early Holy Mantle, brimstone, etc) I think I'm going to go ahead and cheese this while I can so I never have to think about the Lost again.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

CaptainWinky posted:

Does anybody have a good Lost seed? (early Holy Mantle, brimstone, etc) I think I'm going to go ahead and cheese this while I can so I never have to think about the Lost again.

FT61 9M4F

Holy Mantle in the first Treasure Room, Dead Cat if you can kill Super Pride. Cursed Eye is in the 2nd Treasure room. Enjoy.

7HQH HVWV

Alternate seed. Holy Mantle in the Treasure Room, Stop Watch in the 2nd or 3rd shop.

The Alt + F4 exploit didn't get patched out either for some reason.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Anyone got a guaranteed Meat Boy/Bandage Girl seed to exploit while that's still a thing?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Koramei posted:

For real though if anyone knows how to do this it'd be great. I'm probably gonna give in and just download a 100% save eventually but a file with actually-my-stats aside from The Lost unlocks would be better for sure.

edit: alternatively does anyone know a seed with gnawed leaf + holy mantle + some kind of passive damage so I can just run isaac in the background for a while

My feelings exactly. Getting everything else would be just fine for me. I don't mind those challenges, even the meatboy/bandage girl stuff. Those are all fair game. The Lost being a no-hit challenge character in a game with enemies that can telefrag you is not something I consider fun or fair. I know people like that, and I am totally in awe of anyone who succeeded at getting Godhead legit/semi legit but it is not something I'd find fun. If I wanted that sort of challenge I'd go get something like Kaizo Mario, I Want to be the Guy/Boshi, or Wings of Vi.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Use MZDZ DFFH as a seed for guaranteed Bandage Girl, no gimmicks. The first boss for each zone will be a Horseman, so just play normally.

Anyone got a seed for Meat Boy?

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Dec 11, 2014

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Now that the PS version is fixed I finally have full completion. In total this was all done in 160 deaths (145 of which were caused by The Lost or the process of unlocking The Lost) and 72 Mom Kills.

Going to take getting used to the little changes in the newest patch but overall the game is still really good. Excited to keep finding new ways to enjoy the game.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Fffff I knew I shouldn't have waited to use the seed for the stupid hair all challenge.

Kenishi
Nov 18, 2010
It sounds like telefrags were fixed. Its in the PS4 patch notes but it didn't make it into the PC patch notes so I don't know if that means the PC doesn't have it or what. So maybe now lumps will be more manageable. I think I saw someone say that Blue Baby was easier to deal with now as well (on PC) so maybe it is on PC.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Alabaster White posted:

Use MZDZ DFFH as a seed for guaranteed Bandage Girl, no gimmicks. The first boss for each zone will be a Horseman, so just play normally.

Anyone got a seed for Meat Boy?

Thank you good sir. I only wish I had a Meat seed to give to you.

I got my meat via a lucky cheese with the Monster Manual days ago.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Crotch Bat posted:

Yea, sorry Edmund but I'm gonna go ahead and not update until a DLC. Too much bullshit in that patch. I got my RPG and now I'm into playing for fun which means maybe I want cheesy combos and exploits.

I'm curious as to which change did it for you. It doesn't seem that bad to me, but then again I never got Dark Bum that much.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Samuel Clemens posted:

From the Wiki page on Libra:

(PC: FJGQ 16DZ (first floor treasure room not adjacent to spawn; second floor treasure room contains soy milk for synergy.))

Libra works really well with special items in general. It drastically reduces the charge time for Brimstone, Ipecac, Mutant Spider and Monstro's Lung without nerfing their damage too much.

Holy poo poo, if anyone hasn't used the Libra/Soy Milk combo yet check out this seed. I did the boss rush, a full clear of the chest, and Mega Satan (there's a sacrifice room with a contract from below and a double chest spawn in the chest gives a dad's key) in a little over 24 minutes without even going for speed.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Ariong posted:

I'm curious as to which change did it for you. It doesn't seem that bad to me, but then again I never got Dark Bum that much.

I think people are mostly upset that they can't mod the game to be much easier anymore and still get achievements

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
While some of the changes are weird, I do see that they have adjusted the teleporting bullshit some. I was experiencing it much less on a number of enemies. Now the only thing I have left to get on the Lost is the Boss Run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Power of Pecota posted:

Holy poo poo, if anyone hasn't used the Libra/Soy Milk combo yet check out this seed. I did the boss rush, a full clear of the chest, and Mega Satan (there's a sacrifice room with a contract from below and a double chest spawn in the chest gives a dad's key) in a little over 24 minutes without even going for speed.

Yeah, this seed is crazy. I got Bob's Rotten Head in a gold chest on basement 1, used the D6 (played as isaac) and got the parasite. Then found cricket's body in the dark room.

EDIT: the left most devil deal after mom is death's touch, and got rubber cement from the boss rush. Good lord.

Full Battle Rattle fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 11, 2014