Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Starbound is the gift that keeps on giving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Asimo posted:

Starbound is the gift that keeps on giving.

Much like Herpes.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Starbound is the gift that you bought a year ago, gave a few times, and then hasn't given anything in almost 9 months.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The chucklefish that stole christmas

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Will you people stop giving them poo poo? Forcing your team to move to a foreign country in order to keep their jobs is a tough process, and they need some time to settle down before they can focus on the game.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 11, 2014

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
8 months

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Unless you're going to install a mod to get rid of enemies you should probably care how that works a little

Counterpoint: the most powerful weapon in the game is a pile of dirt.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Bauxite posted:

Counterpoint: the most powerful weapon in the game is a pile of dirt.

Counterpoint: the game is SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

mutata posted:

lookit this poo poo, they done posted on their blog, hur hur.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Hey I have this "no shitposting EVER" policy, but for some reason I feel compelled to violate it here. Probably spent too much time in GBS. Okay, this is me coming into this topic. Pretend like I didn't post this disclaimer about how this post is a shitpost.

HOLY CRAP, WHAT AN UPDATE! Seriously, guys, this poo poo is amazing! Like, now when pirates or natives invade and I kick their asses, I have actual moral choices about what to do with the survivors! I can still cut out their organs and sell them on the black market, and then turn the corpses into soylent burgers, but I can also be merciful and let them go if I want! And there's an in-game reason to do it! And there's heat and cold, now, working temperature so I can have burning deserts or miserable wet and cold dungeons, refrigeration keeps food from spoiling, new biomes, wind power, multiple tech levels of medicine, I don't even know what all. Just look at "New Content" that they done posted on their blog, hur hur. It's hard to believe such a small team can consistently create new content for such a great game!

Oh wait, this isn't the RimWorld topic. No stable release? They took out sand surfing? Why? That poo poo was really fun. Oh well.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Network Pesci posted:

Hey I have this "no shitposting EVER" policy, but for some reason I feel compelled to violate it here. Probably spent too much time in GBS. Okay, this is me coming into this topic. Pretend like I didn't post this disclaimer about how this post is a shitpost.

HOLY CRAP, WHAT AN UPDATE! Seriously, guys, this poo poo is amazing! Like, now when pirates or natives invade and I kick their asses, I have actual moral choices about what to do with the survivors! I can still cut out their organs and sell them on the black market, and then turn the corpses into soylent burgers, but I can also be merciful and let them go if I want! And there's an in-game reason to do it! And there's heat and cold, now, working temperature so I can have burning deserts or miserable wet and cold dungeons, refrigeration keeps food from spoiling, new biomes, wind power, multiple tech levels of medicine, I don't even know what all. Just look at "New Content" that they done posted on their blog, hur hur. It's hard to believe such a small team can consistently create new content for such a great game!

Oh wait, this isn't the RimWorld topic. No stable release? They took out sand surfing? Why? That poo poo was really fun. Oh well.

How is Rimworld btw? Buddy says its cool as gently caress, but he said the same about Anti-Flag and I dont like that band at all

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Dandywalken posted:

but he said the same about Anti-Flag and I dont like that band at all

worst poo poo post in this thread

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

yessssssss

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Hey guys remember that good 2d combat game super smash brothers

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

pwnyXpress posted:

No, but have you played star bound

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

pwnyXpress posted:

There are a lot of good 2D combat games, and I mention them in each post I make. Particularly Soldat, which is excellent. Do you think people are saying 'there are no good 2D combat games'? I mention a half-dozen per effortpost.

Also SSB features zero characters who have to decide "With my limited energy, should I get into position OR attack? Because if I choose wrong, I'm dead in the water for several seconds". No, every one of them is "Float around in the air, double-jumping and flying and poo poo, in order to spam huge explosive attacks at everyone because that poo poo rules so drat hard awwww yea", which is why SSB is great.

E: Maybe Samus with her chargeup attack????

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Hey George, knock it off

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Evilreaver posted:

E: Maybe Samus with her chargeup attack????

Nope, because even then you can change your mind halfway through with minimal penalty.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Evilreaver posted:

There are a lot of good 2D combat games, and I mention them in each post I make. Particularly Soldat, which is excellent. Do you think people are saying 'there are no good 2D combat games'? I mention a half-dozen per effortpost.

Also SSB features zero characters who have to decide "With my limited energy, should I get into position OR attack? Because if I choose wrong, I'm dead in the water for several seconds".

hey neither does starbound, that's weird

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

XboxPants posted:

hey neither does starbound, that's weird

I mean it would if they ever updated

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Evilreaver posted:

It's not like you're stunlocked, you can still jump around and move and use melee or thrown weapons. Don't be such a stereotypical internet whiner

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I'm gonna fire one shot at this guy. Oh wait he's a tier above me now I need to wait for the recharge and now Im gay.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Bob NewSCART posted:

and now Im gay.

New thread title tia.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

I'm gonna fire one shot at this guy. Oh wait he's a tier above me now I need to wait for the recharge and now Im gay.

I thought you were already gay.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Slime posted:

I thought you were already gay.

True.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Evilreaver posted:

Any day now.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I'm really liking what's going on with development so far. The idea of dynamic had elements and menu screens is a huge leap above other games as most have static poo poo.

I bet the unstable build hits the 20th and then the stable build on the 25th as an awesome Christmas present.

But, even if that happens the same shitposters will cause a storm of poo poo puffs because the world wasn't handed to them on a 2gig flash drive or something

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

grimcreaper posted:

I'm really liking what's going on with development so far. The idea of dynamic had elements and menu screens is a huge leap above other games as most have static poo poo.

I bet the unstable build hits the 20th and then the stable build on the 25th as an awesome Christmas present.

But, even if that happens the same shitposters will cause a storm of poo poo puffs because the world wasn't handed to them on a 2gig flash drive or something

You're just the most precious thing.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

You just gotta believe, Audio.

Just gotta

believe

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Starbound would be better off just swiping the combat mechanics from Odin Sphere

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

grimcreaper posted:

Some dev was talking about release times and didn't say anything specific, but did say that the dev team wasn't going to push out a stable right before a holiday when their staff suddenly goes on vacation for a week or two leaving the people who are playing it completely without any support for any & all problems that pop up. It's not good responsible developer behavior. (and given Chucklefish's record, all the more reason for them to make some kind of effort to be less irresponsible though he didn't say that part)

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm still a huge idiot who thinks the game will eventually round out combat and survivability into something enjoyable the whole way through for most people, and not just people who think dying in three hits or less to everything on arrival to the latest biome while healing options are limited and on cooldowns means "Pro Skill Game we swear".

I mean, everything ELSE in the game and that is being worked on or improved? Looks real loving cool (having to work your way up to your ship even being able to go anywhere, or inability to make weapons and armor till Iron aside). I know that unless there are some game breaking bugs in need of hotfixes first I'll be going through that stable as long as I can put up with the combat/survival mechanics at the time.

XboxPants posted:

Some dev was talking about release times and didn't say anything specific, but did say that the dev team wasn't going to push out a stable right before a holiday when their staff suddenly goes on vacation for a week or two leaving the people who are playing it completely without any support for any & all problems that pop up. It's not good responsible developer behavior. (and given Chucklefish's record, all the more reason for them to make some kind of effort to be less irresponsible though he didn't say that part)

So, one thing they have over Elite Dangerous then. That's a game I have more faith in eventually getting polished up to overall enjoyment for more than grognards, faster (Even if the latest updated removed the ability to refuel your spaceship at some stations... Better double check the slow space maps first when planning trips!), but a December 16th "Release" is not something filling some people with confidence in it's current state of completion for how the Reviews will end up.

The game is pretty drat cool, but polished release candidate does not seem to be where it is at beyond "You can fly your spaceship around the galaxy instead of it being vaporware", particularly with putting off multiplayer team up with friends mechanics till post release as of latest dev statements.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 12, 2014

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

grimcreaper posted:

These threadshits are getting pretty meta.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

XboxPants posted:

Oh no chucklefish not supporting the game with patches in a timely manner, that could kill Starbound.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Asimo posted:

Oh no chucklefish not supporting the game with patches in a timely manner, that could kill Starbound.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jackard posted:

Starbound would be better off just swiping the combat mechanics from Odin Sphere

Uh excuse you but Odin Sphere only has two letters from Dark Souls in it, obviously it isn't close enough to being Dark Souls to be worth mentioning

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Dec 12, 2014

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Chucklefish is meta

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

lookin forward to chucklefishs next early access game

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Afraid of Audio posted:

You're just the most precious thing.

Likes Fenris AND Dragon Age 2.

aaaAAAAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Babe Magnet posted:

Starbound is the gift that you bought a year ago, gave a few times, and then hasn't given anything in almost 9 months.

Sounds like you are taking your girlfriend troubles out on Starbound to me.

• Locked thread