Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Bass Bottles posted:

I'm probably going to upgrade my PS4 hard drive today. I know you can back-up save data to the cloud, but what about shareplay data and game captures/screenshots? Can I save them to a flash drive and then transfer them back?

If you figure out a transfer back method for screenshots/captures, please post about it because I didn't see an obvious way in the GUI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Manac0r posted:

Yeah, unfortunately there isn't a copy all option. So you individualy save files by checking boxes. But it's pretty straight forward.

Sweet, thanks.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

I recently upgraded both of my PS4's to 2tb drives. There's no copy all function and it's infuriating.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kirios posted:

But seriously, yeah, this is common place during the "console war" bullshit that's being spread around. Take everything you see with a grain of salt.

It's kind of crazy to think that there is (probably) grown adults out there that spend their days making memes and arguing about what console is better in Youtube comments. They could have spent all that precious time saving up money to buy a gun they could shoot themselves in the head with too.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Not suprised, probably GAF who did that pic too.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

arbybaconator posted:

I recently upgraded both of my PS4's to 2tb drives. There's no copy all function and it's infuriating.

It's hilarious that Sony can't even implement a basic feature like this.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

It's hilarious that Sony can't even implement a basic feature like this.

At least they have an account system tho

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Kirios posted:

this is common place during the "console war"

Now, we have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're going up against. By God, I do. We're not just going to shoot the bastards. We're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Sony bastards by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken-out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. The Ponies are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood. Shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Bass Bottles posted:

At least they have an account system tho

Is it online now? You can never tell as its usually always down.

virtualboyCOLOR fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 11, 2014

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Is it online this now? You can never tell as its usually always down.

I can't tell because transferring my Shareplay data to a flash drive is going to take another three hours :(

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
why do people reply to him? it just boggles the mind

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Been playing PvZ, and "Tactical cuke" might be the best pun ever.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Feenix posted:

Anyone else presently having problems uploading pics to FB or Twitter?

These are from last night when it worked...

http://twitter.com/Feenix7/status/542943604977590272/photo/1

http://twitter.com/Feenix7/status/542945782333067264/photo/1

:stare:

Thanks for making me want DriveClub, jerk! I've been trying to be patient enough to wait for the PS+ version.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Stux posted:

if you look at the actual full video, taking into account its rips from streams etc, the game looks basically the same. there is stuff like drake getting slammed against a wall which has water running down it, that water then soaking his clothes and when a gun is fired near him soon after showing specular highlights from the water residue. or when he goes into water in a cave and has it making his clothes wet where the water actually touches, and this then changing the look of his clothes similarly to how he was at the beginning of the E3 video. someones made that "comparison" just to get people riled up.

It really doesn't look the same, but at the same time no one should be getting upset about it. Anyone who actually expected it to look like that was just ignorant of how "in-game engine" cinematic trailers really are. They always look better than actual gameplay, and it's the same thing with previous Uncharted Trailers, except maybe Uncharted II which was really insanely impressive.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!

DrNutt posted:

:stare:

Thanks for making me want DriveClub, jerk! I've been trying to be patient enough to wait for the PS+ version.

The PS+ edition is just gonna make you go and buy it anyway so you might as well get it now.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Megasabin posted:

It really doesn't look the same, but at the same time no one should be getting upset about it. Anyone who actually expected it to look like that was just ignorant of how "in-game engine" cinematic trailers really are. They always look better than actual gameplay, and it's the same thing with previous Uncharted Trailers, except maybe Uncharted II which was really insanely impressive.

My head pretty much exploded at that E3 or Pax or whatever where they first showed the train sequence.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Uncharted 4 looks different because its a different time of day, it's the same model.

Here's an hour long panel on the design of the new model from PSX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70jVUBnp6lQ

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
Hey guys, does the PS4 version of Octodad have local multiplayer? The store page says no, but that sounds wrong.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Latest update on error CE-36244-9, the "cannot download" message. Other people on the telltale message boards are having the same problem.

I've tried restoring licenses, and multiple internet connections.

The strangest and latest twist is that I had a friend over for drinks and he brought over his ps3. I logged into my psn account and tried to download it to HIS system... and the same exact error in the same place.

I'm not even sure calling Sony will help; they'll just shrug and offer a refund.

And I don't want a loving refund - I want to play the goddamn game I bought.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

MrBuddyLee posted:

Hey guys, does the PS4 version of Octodad have local multiplayer? The store page says no, but that sounds wrong.

Pretty sure it does. Players share the controller to control individual limbs.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Pretty sure it does. Players share the controller to control individual limbs.

Can confirm this. Played it with 2, 3 and 4 players on PS4. We had roulette on so occasionally who controlled which limb(s) randomly changed. Very fun.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Stupid question from a dumb console/mac user: When i change the hard drive in my PS4 do I need to worry about static electricity? Should I move to a non-carpeted area?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Sefal posted:

oh that's weird. Amazon has actually delayed my copy of Guilty Gear Xrd

If it's the Limited Edition, they were all delayed due to the Long Beach Port strike that happened.

Gobble Snarf
May 27, 2014
I've only had my PS4 for like a month, but I just wanna say, more than anything else, I'm impressed by the speed of the menus. Forget the great graphics, the near-perfect controller, the ability to plug in headphones simply to the controller, it just feels super futuristic to be like, huh I'm gonna pause GTAV and watch Netflix and then do it in like 8 seconds.

5/5 console

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

univbee posted:

poo poo, Duckman has an episode where two characters sing two lines from a song (basically a cutaway gag, no musical accompaniment or anything) and they had to edit it out on the DVD. Song in question is from 1914. :psyduck:

God I love Duckman. It really is one of the best animated shows ever made, especially due to Jason Alexander and Tim "I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO PEEL OFF MY FACE" Curry.

I googled what got cut from Duckman DVD releases and it seems like many episodes from each season had some cuts in one way or another. Maybe one day we'll see a rerelease on BluRay with uncut episodes but that's probably not going to happen.

edit: dear god what is happening under my username

is this the new OG gang tag or something help i'm scared

Mom with a blog fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 12, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Hot drat, Dragon Age Inquisition is $40 on Amazon.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Narcissus1916 posted:

Latest update on error CE-36244-9, the "cannot download" message. Other people on the telltale message boards are having the same problem.

There was a similar problem with the release of Hohokum and I was one of the people affected. Basically it's not your account or the game that is the problem but your purchase data is somehow corrupt (yeah what the gently caress I don't now) so having Sony give a refund and then trying to buy again is your best bet.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Dis how I do..

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I keep trying to come back to Dragon Age like it's going to click eventually but I'm pretty sure it might just be the most boring game I have ever played.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NESguerilla posted:

I keep trying to come back to Dragon Age like it's going to click eventually but I'm pretty sure it might just be the most boring game I have ever played.

haven't played yet but the advice is leave the hinterlands in the first 5 or so hours to enjoy the game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh I did that a while ago. Literally every aspect of this game makes me want to doze off.I wish there was one thing I could cling to to keep me going but really there isn't a single thing that I enjoy about this game. The story, the combat, the quests, the environments, the art design...Everything about it seems bland as poo poo and I just can't get invested in it at all.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Real hurthling! posted:

haven't played yet but the advice is leave the hinterlands in the first 5 or so hours to enjoy the game.

I haven't played it either, but this advice is weird to me. Can someone who has played it tell me what leaving the Hinterlands changes about the game? Does it introduce some new gameplay element or something?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mash posted:

I haven't played it either, but this advice is weird to me. Can someone who has played it tell me what leaving the Hinterlands changes about the game? Does it introduce some new gameplay element or something?

they say that there's easy like 30 hours of meaningless content there and nothing cool happens in the few story missions until the one that unlocks area two.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
So are most people feeling positively about DA:I? I was thinking about picking it up for an RPG fix, especially with the Witcher being delayed, and $40 is just tempting enough.

E: loved Origins/Awakening, never played 2.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'm positive on it

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
It is a pretty good game with a lot of content. You can tell Bioware were trying to prove themselves after DA2 and the ME3 ending fiascos.

Mash posted:

Basically you play through the game's introduction to the story with cutscenes and conversations then get sent to the Hinterlands which is filled with sidequests, a lot of which are MMOish kill or fetch quests. A lot of OCD people burn out trying to do all of the optional sidequests instead of leaving the Hinterlands and progressing the story.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Inquisition is great.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Dragon Age Inquisition is pretty good, although the 'main plot' isn't as much a part of the game as it is in previous games. It's still cool.

What 'get out of the Hinterlands' means:
The non-story areas are basically gigantic, MMO-style zones with MMO-sidequests in them. Sometimes parts of the main story or companion quests happen in them too. Completing sidequests gives you Power, which you use to unlock the next set of story quests from your War Room. There's also a bunch of other side-stuff in the war room that you can send your advisors to do for bonuses. You're supposed to go check on your war-room every hour or so, and it's expected that at the end of a play session you'll set your advisors to each do some ungodly long (like, 22 hours for the longest) sidemission so that when you pick the game up the next day it'll be done.

The Hinterlands is the very first big zone you encounter. It's one of the biggest. It also has at least twice the number of sidequests of anywhere else, the majority of which are really boring. You only need like 8 power to unlock the next bit of the story, which also unlocks like four more characters to join you. But it's common for new players to go to the Hinterlands the first time and try to clear the entire thing out in one go.

What you're supposed to do is go to the Hinterlands for the first time, tool around a bit, do some of the immediate sidequests. Then you go back to base, fiddle with the war room, do the next bit of the story, recruit those four guys, and then resume doing the bits of the Hinterlands that look interesting to you.
Don't forget to go get the horses.

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 12, 2014

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I got Driveclub because it was pretty cheap and seemed fixed. My first experience is that none of the DLC cars have unlocked when downloaded. Feeling like I made a good decision so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Bass Bottles posted:

Stupid question from a dumb console/mac user: When i change the hard drive in my PS4 do I need to worry about static electricity? Should I move to a non-carpeted area?

Unless you intentionally build up an over abundant amount of static on your body and then intentionally put your fingers all over the exposed circuitry on the bottom of the drive, I don't see anything you should be worried about. It's honestly the last thing I'm worried about getting ESD when handled. Your carpet is fine, just don't touch the circuit board as there's no need to.

• Locked thread