Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I noticed I'm no longer seeing the glowing outline of the payload cart through walls. Did this happen with the change to the new (temporary I think) cart model? The only other thing I changed recently was my anti-aliasing settings.

edit: okay apparently it was just that one time on Upward.

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
There's something hidden in the unused Duck texture.

I guess the next MvM map is going to be interesting. :tinfoil:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Man if only that were true.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Hey that's that YouTube bait jump scare game isn't it?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Another patch just came out updating the equip_region and bodygroup settings for some of the new cosmetic items, any good looking loadouts with this stuff yet?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Valve trolling with releasing "New map: Train!" youtube...

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Remember when Gary Schwartz did a Kickstarter and one of the rewards was to get him to record lines in his various game voices? I got him to recite poetry as Heavy and my friend got him to sing Queen as Heavy and you all got very angry at me for not linking you in time.

Well, he's doing another Kickstarter thing and offering the same reward. Get up in it!.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
It's nice how he can use his video game fame to help fund the arts. :3:

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Roger Explosion posted:

Remember when Gary Schwartz did a Kickstarter and one of the rewards was to get him to record lines in his various game voices? I got him to recite poetry as Heavy and my friend got him to sing Queen as Heavy and you all got very angry at me for not linking you in time.

Well, he's doing another Kickstarter thing and offering the same reward. Get up in it!.

Magypsy posted:

It's nice how he can use his video game fame to help fund the arts. :3:

The wife wants me to pledge and have him sing let it go as the heavy.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

Verdugo posted:

Do it.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I cannot fathom why they decided to add the option to disable autobalancing. I just had the biggest stomp of my career as a red demo on Thunder Mountain first stage and I know it was because autobalance was off. On the one hand my 48 killstreak feels kinda cheap now; they didn't have a single player who could both move and shoot at the same time. On the other hand, fourty loving eight!

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Whenever a vote comes up to disable autobalance, I usually type in chat something like "are you kidding? Do you really want to play a 12 v 5?" and lots of the time, that works. Newbies suddenly realize what it is they're voting for. Some of the time, though, one or two people chime in with "yes, I do" and then I know it's a good decision to leave the server.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Nameless Pete posted:

I cannot fathom why they decided to add the option to disable autobalancing. I just had the biggest stomp of my career as a red demo on Thunder Mountain first stage and I know it was because autobalance was off. On the one hand my 48 killstreak feels kinda cheap now; they didn't have a single player who could both move and shoot at the same time. On the other hand, fourty loving eight!

Just think how many ducks you could have gotten. :ducksiren:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

:thurman:

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Ditocoaf posted:

Whenever a vote comes up to disable autobalance, I usually type in chat something like "are you kidding? Do you really want to play a 12 v 5?" and lots of the time, that works. Newbies suddenly realize what it is they're voting for. Some of the time, though, one or two people chime in with "yes, I do" and then I know it's a good decision to leave the server.

It was never worse than 12 against 9, I think, but they were at a perpetual numbers disadvantage.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Verdugo posted:

Your wife knows what's up. Also:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

drat.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013
If that pool is what I think it's from :drat:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Someone care to explain the joke to me? :downs:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Scyantific posted:

Someone care to explain the joke to me? :downs:

Tumblr tried to have a con and failed miserably. There was nothing except an inflatable pool ball pit. That's kinda like this update

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

some random-rear end person thought it would be great to have a small convention based around a website which of course isn't going to work at all and that's one of the iconic photos of most of what was there. i'm not even sure what happened to the person who tried to organize it. i think they disappeared off the face of the planet.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

the wildest rear end posted:

Tumblr tried to have a con and failed miserably. There was nothing except an inflatable pool ball pit. That's kinda like this update

Even more like this update, they were told that the Welcome to Nightvale people were going to put on a panel. But then the Welcome to Nightvale people never got paid so they didn't show up. Instead tumblr got "An extra hour in the ball pit"

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

hi facepunch, my uncle works for nintendo and i'm gay as h*ck.

Mr. Mojangles
Dec 15, 2005

testinglol has been very reliable before.

in other news, please enjoy this album of pubbie weapon names:

http://imgur.com/a/xoWai

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

Yeah, he's leaked loads of poo poo before and he's either right or it was scrapped before the update hit. Hopefully Valve changes their minds since eevryone hates the duck journal so much!

Pickle dicker
May 25, 2014

by XyloJW
I unboxed 2 of those new crates, and got 2 pieces of useless poo poo.
And then I decided to try my luck with one more unboxing before giving up on this update, and got a Pool Party taunt :yayclod:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mr. Mojangles posted:

testinglol has been very reliable before.

in other news, please enjoy this album of pubbie weapon names:

http://imgur.com/a/xoWai

You probably should've put Australian Welcome Mat last, because boy was it all downhill from there.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I haven't played in 5 months and only just logged on last night to see ducks everywhere, can someone give me a lowdown on what the heck has been going on / why are there ducks

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MinibarMatchman posted:

I haven't played in 5 months and only just logged on last night to see ducks everywhere, can someone give me a lowdown on what the heck has been going on / why are there ducks

You can pay Gaben $5 for a badge that counts ducks. They don't do anything else.

Oh yeah, and the End Of The Line SFM video thing was released. Reddit is mad that Valve didn't give them new weapons to go with this community-created video project, for some reason.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You probably should post the video so he can watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aLjwVVNq4s

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can pay Gaben $5 for a badge that counts ducks. They don't do anything else.

Oh yeah, and the End Of The Line SFM video thing was released. Reddit is mad that Valve didn't give them new weapons to go with this community-created video project, for some reason.

The EOTL team actually came up with a weapon Valve was happy with. They stuck it in the Love & War update instead of saving it for EOTL.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

sounds like everything stayed the same, thanks guys, won't have to change loadouts unless there were nerfs to my poo poo guns

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

sounds like everything stayed the same, thanks guys, won't have to change loadouts unless there were nerfs to my poo poo guns

Well, if last Christmas was anything to go by, this year will have some completely uncalled for buffs and nerfs that won't get fixed until January. :v:

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Magypsy posted:

Well, if last Christmas was anything to go by, this year will have some completely uncalled for buffs and nerfs that won't get fixed until January. :v:

They still haven't fixed the short circuit.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

as soon as I started playing KOTH and Nucleus loaded up some guy was crying incessantly about "no skill pyros faget camping" so I think I'll fall back into the game pretty fast lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

pisshead posted:

They still haven't fixed the short circuit.

:laffo: Get good nerd.

edit also someone please rate my name tag use from short circuit to cool gun:

• Locked thread