Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DataDyne
Oct 6, 2005

Happy as a birb can be.
Xean has a secret to share with us this Christmas holiday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yup, gave me a warning for flaming/trolling with that post, too. :cheers:

Edit: he updated his post to include https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4BwG7UF-l4, so I've replied:

quote:

Don't worry, Nbreeki created this vid for times just like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Z8c6l5WE0

Aleth fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 12, 2014

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

is "bluegeek" one of those volunteers or someone actually employed by pwe.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Volunteer.

Edit: ahahahahaha he deleted my vid response.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 12, 2014

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

DataDyne posted:

Xean has a secret to share with us this Christmas holiday.

That is honestly terrifying.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Aleth posted:

Volunteer.

Edit: ahahahahaha he deleted my vid response.

He redacted the "Diva" from several posts.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Anything to protect the crybaby bitches from the big bad dental it seems.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

DonDoodles posted:

He redacted the "Diva" from several posts.

Equinox976 decided to use Diva too. Even put apostrophe marks around it.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21211581&postcount=98

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

so he wants someone to shoot nbreeki?

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

Acer Pilot posted:

so he wants someone to shoot nbreeki?

Sounds like a very mild death threat to me.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
So even after the latest patch, it still cost 1000 autographs for the Chel.

::cryptic::

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Isn't the Chel the worst of the three ships anyway?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's not bad for what it is and there's not really another ship like it aside from the (admittedly far superior) Nicor. That said... yeah, it's probably the least exciting of the three options.

Just Jesus cryptic, how hard can it be to scan someone's ship list, see if they have it or not, and credit as appropriate? :psyduck:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Asimo posted:

It's not bad for what it is and there's not really another ship like it aside from the (admittedly far superior) Nicor.

The Mobius is virtually identical to it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Short a weapon slot though. Okay and with a bit more turn but who really cares in PVE.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Ok, so I'm using the snow blower right now which is ok, but in some ways reminds me of a weapon for mr freeze. I've seen someone use a snow weap that does a particle stream similar to ghostbusters. I think it had a backpack as well just not as big. What gun was that?

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

JuffoWup posted:

Ok, so I'm using the snow blower right now which is ok, but in some ways reminds me of a weapon for mr freeze. I've seen someone use a snow weap that does a particle stream similar to ghostbusters. I think it had a backpack as well just not as big. What gun was that?

Freezing Mist, one of the new weapons. It's not very good in my opinion.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
That would have to be the Freezing Mist. It's more of a split-beam weapon from what I've seen and the description but it's still a pretty cool gun.

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.

bubbles depo posted:

Freezing Mist, one of the new weapons. It's not very good in my opinion.

The guns I use 90% of the time are Hail and the Snowblower still. Most of the new weapons really aren't that great in general.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Rafzakael posted:

hi, hello

I am coming to play your terrible nerd game because I am a terrible nerd

Requesting wiki access, username registered is Rafza

You're in.

So I weighed in on that stupid loving STO thread. Countdown until my post is deleted.

quote:

equinox976;21211841 posted:

The [REDACTED] and his 'fleet' (which pretty much all seem to be the same thing/person) have caused nothing but upset and negativity in the game (despite the surreal attempt a few months ago to 'turn themselves around').

I can understand that the dev team does not want to take unilateral action based upon hearsay in the forums alone, but by the sounds of it many people have also filed GM reports about the individual involved, yet they do not seem to have been inhibited.

And what can we extrapolate from this? Tons of GM reports filed, nothing done to these horrible people despite them playing for years? Hundreds of hours spent crying and wailing and gnashing teeth on the forums about them, yet they're still here?

They're not breaking any rules, so they still get to play. They're not doing anything wrong, so they still get to play. Their rights don't end where your feelings begin. Just because you don't like how someone else plays the game within the rules, doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to play. You're not the high arbiter of justice, deciding that because those people did something you don't like, they should be banned. That's PWE and Cryptic's job, and they've had YEARS to look over this. The fact these people are still here is because, shock horror, they've done nothing wrong.

I know this is going to be hard for you to accept.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Uh excuse me if he doesn't agree with THOSE PEOPLE then clearly they are in the wrong and should be banned.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

kzin602 posted:

Was just about to post that; "please ensure delivery" ranks up there with "do the needful" if you want to trigger PTSD in an IT worker.

New forum sig spotted.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If you're gonna spend that long on a sig, at least don't gently caress your aspect ratio, gawd.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

why is this a thing? are they so insecure about their genders that they don't want a space bro on their bridge?

e: is it that skybuck dude sending them all the invites?

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Dec 12, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Acer Pilot posted:

why is this a thing? are they so insecure about their genders that they don't want a space bro on their bridge?

They imagine their bridge as their harem and another dude in their harem makes it totally gay

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

With the Upgrade skin.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Acer Pilot posted:

Not skybuck, just a random pubbie that got annoyed with Olivia and a few other players. He actually had no idea he caused this big of a shitstorm until we linked him the thread, and now he's gone all-out. I think he's a teenager.

Edit: Big fan of Ipkris' new sig.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Preechr posted:

With the Upgrade skin.

Is the lower half of the ship in the top screenshot literally just the rear ship in the second shot pasted on.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

i don't even know who that is. i guess i should read pubbie chat more often.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

MikeJF posted:

Is the lower half of the ship in the top screenshot literally just the rear ship in the second shot pasted on.

Yes. Also, the 3-piece is useless- the pet rarely employs the doom cannon correctly, and the damage is laughable.

Preechr fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Dec 12, 2014

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Preechr posted:

Yes. Also, the 3-piece is useless- the pet rarely employs the doom cannon correctly, and the damage is laughable.

Do you get the double haywire orbs from the elachi weapon set on that thing?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Aleth posted:

Yup, gave me a warning for flaming/trolling with that post, too. :cheers:

Edit: he updated his post to include https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4BwG7UF-l4, so I've replied:

Volunteer mods are usually terrible because they can't maintain professional distance. Then again, I never go to the STO forums because they're horrible.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

MoraleHazard posted:

Volunteer mods are usually terrible because they can't maintain professional distance. Then again, I never go to the STO forums because they're horrible.

They are definitely horrible, but it's often where player tears are at their best, as any and all frustration from the game itself seems to explode on the forums.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
You have been banned for the following reason:
Flaming/Trolling

Date the ban will be lifted: 12-17-2014, 02:00 PM

Welp guys, Trollgate got me good, at least for the forums.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Bluegeek mad:

quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pweadamanteus
• Players will no longer receive Fleet or Bridge invites from players on their Ignore list.
-For this to work, the player must log out and then log back in after placing someone on the Ignore list.

Ok, here's the solution for the fleet invite issue. Post here only if responding to this issue. I'm done trying to police the rest of the conversation.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Goat Pillager posted:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Flaming/Trolling

Date the ban will be lifted: 12-17-2014, 02:00 PM

Welp guys, Trollgate got me good, at least for the forums.

rip. now you cannot reply to the tears.

are they just making it up now because they're claiming that this patch or w/e didn't work? they don't seem remotely important so i don't get why someone is allegedly spamming them. also why don't they just switch to anon mode?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I dunno, I caught some invite spam earlier today, mid-epohh race.

As if I need to see the screen to get first.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
So, Xean just admitted to telling someone to kill himself, but claims that it was in response to that person flaming him for weeks. He also posted 4 chat screenshots to "prove" things, but none of them show anyone telling Xean to die. Two screenshots are people talking about the pic of Xean telling people to die, one is about someone saying that Xean is "literally worse than hitler" but he managed to miss the actual comment and just screenshotted people talking about it :ughh:

None of the screenshots show any ongoing, serious harassment of Xean. I'm sure that the lack of evidence is just proof of the size of the conspiracy against him.

Northerneye
Oct 28, 2013

Looks like they finally noticed and it was CRM that did it then deleted it off my mail few minutes later. Cryptic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

g0del posted:

Two screenshots are people talking about the pic of Xean telling people to die, one is about someone saying that Xean is "literally worse than hitler" but he managed to miss the actual comment and just screenshotted people talking about it :ughh:

Kirk never fought any xtern1ty aliens so I'd say they're right.

• Locked thread