Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
Next thing you'll be saying all Belgians don't eat waffles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I always thought it was lazy that the Bugle's go-to Belgium joke was waffles when their national icon is a fountain of a boy pissing, but then I went to Belgium and the Leige waffle I had was the highlight of the trip.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Poopy Palpy posted:

I always thought it was lazy that the Bugle's go-to Belgium joke was waffles when their national icon is a fountain of a boy pissing, but then I went to Belgium and the Leige waffle I had was the highlight of the trip.

My favorite thing about the waffles jokes is John's overwhelming glee every time it gets brought up.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mordiceius posted:

My favorite thing about the waffles jokes is John's overwhelming glee every time it gets brought up.

John was so genuinely delighted to get a wafflemaker from two Buglers that he didn't even think to check if there was actually a wafflemaker in the box until he got to the airport security line.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I thought he had sort of a stereotypical view of Mexico and its culture when he talked about it a couple times, but he is a British comedian who hasn't really been to the area so I rationalized it that way.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

He's also made two jokes in recent episodes about cavemen and dinosaurs being around at the same time. I think it's safe to assume Andy doesn't believe everything that he makes jokes about.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

thexerox123 posted:

He's also made two jokes in recent episodes about cavemen and dinosaurs being around at the same time. I think it's safe to assume Andy doesn't believe everything that he makes jokes about.

He'd still Go With The Flo.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

John singing is still one of the best things in the Bugle. "Shine bright like a diamond. Shine bright like a diamond."

So catchy, though his take on the Star-Spangled Banner will always be my #1 highlight. (The version involving hitting baseballs off of an aircraft carrier, to have them picked up by jet-skis.)

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

UP AND ADAM posted:

I thought he had sort of a stereotypical view of Mexico and its culture when he talked about it a couple times, but he is a British comedian who hasn't really been to the area so I rationalized it that way.

To be fair, some of those over-head kicks ARE ludicrously ambitious

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

UP AND ADAM posted:

And Australia's comfortable racism.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Puns have been outlawed in China.

I can feel it. A reckoning is coming.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Puns are a tool of subversion in the PRC. That makes Andy Zaltzman an enemy of the state.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

EasyEW posted:

Puns are a tool of subversion in the PRC. That makes Andy Zaltzman an enemy of the state.

Its a new ruling from Chairman Oliver.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Mr. Fowl posted:

Puns have been outlawed in China.

I can feel it. A reckoning is coming.

Heard about this on the Daily Show, and Jon Stewart is tweeting like a mine canary.

Everyone go to your panic rooms now. Andy is about to provoke full nuclear war with China on Friday.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Heners_UK posted:

Andy is about to provoke full nuclear war with China on Friday.

He brought a new pun sound

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
A Clippy joke in 2014.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

A Clippy joke in 2014.

By Andy's standards of pop culture knowledge, that's pretty timely.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Mr. Squishy posted:

A Clippy joke in 2014.
Never mind that, how about that Tickle Me Elmo reference?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

njsykora posted:

He brought a new pun sound

No, he simply stole and is abusing a mallard.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Andy is on RHLSTP this week, it's an Avalon special!

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Andy is on RHLSTP this week, it's an Avalon special!

Can somebody translate this for me?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Real Houselives of Stone Temple Pilots

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

BobTheCow posted:

Can somebody translate this for me?
Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Haha the new Bugle.

Seals are Bill Cosby!

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
That Seals as Bill Cosby joke was loving amazing.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Has anyone noticed that they've sold out of the Christmas Jumpers? What in the hell humanity.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

spamman posted:

Has anyone noticed that they've sold out of the Christmas Jumpers? What in the hell humanity.

They talked about it in last week's Bugle!

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Ah, forgot to update the podcast manager I use.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Which episode was it where John quoted Cato? The quote was something that was amazingly accurate when describing corruption in politics.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Glad to hear that in the most recent episode, John was able to play football with both Andy and Chris.

"I'm basically Pele."

Though 2015 is not getting off to the best start. It felt like they both wanted to give a fuckeulogy to the year already.

(And Andy, can you really give 2014 a rating of 1.5 when the World Cup was so spectacular? Or was the year a 0 except for the World Cup?)

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

I lost it on Pukalele.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Billy the Mountain posted:

I lost it on Pukalele.

I loved the story about being trapped in the desert, with the only thing to listen to is Bugle 190 on repeat. Thank goodness for the Polish tourists!

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Here's the video of the shoplifting bit that John talks about at the beginning of this week's episode: https://vid.me/ULhc

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Scorchy posted:

Here's the video of the shoplifting bit that John talks about at the beginning of this week's episode: https://vid.me/ULhc

That was pretty awesome, but how did a high-school teacher get twenty-eight thousand dollars to donate to charity?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

prefect posted:

That was pretty awesome, but how did a high-school teacher get twenty-eight thousand dollars to donate to charity?

Family money probably.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

prefect posted:

Stole it.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

As soon as John said 'you're like a human egg timer', I fucken knew the next words out of Andy's mouth would be 'can I put that on my poster?', AND YET I STILL LAUGHED. :unsmith:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Where's my loving Bugle?

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather

BizarroAzrael posted:

Where's my loving Bugle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy