Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Van Kraken posted:

gently caress you, game. I died to ???.

Are you playing as The Lost, or do you have Curse Of The Blind?

It occurs to me that there should be a curse that causes you to die in one hit if you're hit on that floor. In a sense, it'd balance The Lost, because whenever you got that curse, you would laugh at the game for its redundancy and its failure to inconvenience you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would rather The Lost be balanced around the game than the game be balanced around The Lost.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Manatee Cannon posted:

From a while ago, but what is this exploit? I don't have enough space on my Vita to update anyway and getting Meat Boy/Bandage Girl is driving me insane.

Enter a seed, then go all the way back out to the select a save screen, select your save, and pick a new game as normal. You'll be playing the seed with unlocks active.

The same thing works with challenges.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

Enter a seed, then go all the way back out to the select a save screen, select your save, and pick a new game as normal. You'll be playing the seed with unlocks active.

The same thing works with challenges.

Oh, wow, that's crazy. Thanks for that.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Start new Isaac run. First item is Plinking Sheers...

Plinking Sheers...

D6...

Plinking Sheers...

D6...

I cant...decide...:psyboom:

Manatee Cannon posted:

Oh, wow, that's crazy. Thanks for that.

Dig a few pages back, some guy dropped a seed that will naturally give you meatgirl. A horseman each on levels 1, 3, 5 and 7 and they all drop bandages.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Are you playing as The Lost, or do you have Curse Of The Blind?

It occurs to me that there should be a curse that causes you to die in one hit if you're hit on that floor. In a sense, it'd balance The Lost, because whenever you got that curse, you would laugh at the game for its redundancy and its failure to inconvenience you.

Yep, that's the Lost. I had the dead cat too. I really wish you could see how many lives you have left.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Alkydere posted:

Dig a few pages back, some guy dropped a seed that will naturally give you meatgirl. A horseman each on levels 1, 3, 5 and 7 and they all drop bandages.

Will do, thanks.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Van Kraken posted:

Yep, that's the Lost. I had the dead cat too. I really wish you could see how many lives you have left.

If the cat head is gone, you're out of lives.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dr. Fetus posted:

If the cat head is gone, you're out of lives.

It's still annoying to go through the scene with the gun at the end of Clue to figure out if you have 3 or 4 lives left though.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

The next run made up for it. Holy mantle in the first treasure room, Mom's knife, brimstone, dead cat, and blank card + chaos card. I was completely untouchable.

Now I just need to find the rest of the items.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I know it's probably been mentioned a million times in this thread so far, but it bears repeating every time someone discovers this synergy.

Brimstone + Mom's Knife = HOLY loving poo poo:

You fire the knife normally, and then a moment later you fire a giant fuckoff fan of knives. Admittedly the secondary knives are weaker but you're shooting a fan of knives.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

It's everything I ever wanted. :911:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Alkydere posted:

I know it's probably been mentioned a million times in this thread so far, but it bears repeating every time someone discovers this synergy.

Yeah I got this synergy on a run yesterday and it's one of the more amusing but unexpected synergies in the game.

mudamudamudamudamudamudamudamudamuda

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Yeah I got this synergy on a run yesterday and it's one of the more amusing but unexpected synergies in the game.

mudamudamudamudamudamudamudamudamuda

It literally saved my run. I was sitting in the Chest going "Well, how am I going to get all the way to ??? on three hearts...I mean I have Brimstone, but three hearts..."

Than Mom's Knife dropped and I was all "Eh, fuckit, super-charged kni-HOLY poo poo!"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wow the challenge with the orbiting flies and nothing else is stupid as poo poo

If it's going to be orbiting stuff, at least start you off with triple Pretty Fly and a bit more health or the upgraded buddies thing or the big fly or WHATEVER, it's just not fun the way it is

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Just got to hope that you get familiars that can shoot to complete those challenges where you can't shoot.
That's how I did them all on Vita.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Alkydere posted:

I got a level 3 meat boy with that so its not 100%

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
I see at least some of the challenges as teaching tools, helping you to get to grips with some of the more risky or awkward abilities. While some challenges go too far (Beans! is a good example), most are pretty reasonable, and quite a few are even easy, like Slow Roll. I had fun with Cat Got Your Tongue for example, gave me a good workout on using the hairball effectively. Patience is key on the blindfolded challenges, for sure.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Cat Got Your Tongue was totally doable and honestly fun. The orbiting flies one is horrible because there's a fair number of rooms that you cannot beat without taking a bunch of damage. For example I entered a room with 8 of those exploding spiders alongside a bunch of normal ones, and while it IS possible to kill them without taking blast damage, it's mostly luck-based and takes far too long besides. I'm not asking for every orbiting powerup, but drat, give that challenge something more to start with, maybe the increased orbiting range thing, or the big fly in addition to everything else, something! As it is it's tedious at best, infuriatingly slow and too random at worst.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Davincie posted:

I got a level 3 meat boy with that so its not 100%

MZDZ DFFH

This seed got me bandage girl using Azazel on normal mode.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
If the orbiting flies one started you with BFF, it'd own. It's a fun challenge if you can get that, and after doing it I started liking the Attack Fly a lot more as an item.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
Beans and Solar System seemed really easy after Suicide King. I finished those up along with Cat Got Your Tongue last night.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Solar system is pretty easy since you have a really strong attack., most enemies are predictable enough you can safely stand right next to them.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Going through my second save file, the challenges were really a lot easier than I remembered and I knocked them all out in one go.

The Lost made me strong. :911:

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Alkydere posted:

Brimstone + Mom's Knife = HOLY loving poo poo:

You fire the knife normally, and then a moment later you fire a giant fuckoff fan of knives. Admittedly the secondary knives are weaker but you're shooting a fan of knives.

This is exactly what I think Brimstone + Dr. Fetus should do, but with bombs instead of knives. Instead I think it doesn't do anything.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dr. and Epic Fetus overwrite Brimstone I believe. It'd be really terrible if Dr. Fetus worked like Mom's Knife did since you'd just kill yourself unless you had Pyromaniac. If you wanna know what it'd be like, get Dr. Fetus, Mutant Spider, and Loki's Horns.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

golden bubble posted:

MZDZ DFFH

This seed got me bandage girl using Azazel on normal mode.

That is the seed he mentioned. I tried it and it wasn't guaranteed either first horseman dropped bandages, the second dropped meat :/

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
That doesn't work now. It was patched yesterday.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Geokinesis posted:

That is the seed he mentioned. I tried it and it wasn't guaranteed either first horseman dropped bandages, the second dropped meat :/

Huh? I didn't even know this was possible.
I thought they either all drop the meat or all drop the bandages. I've never had it happen differently in any of my runs.
The only thing that can gently caress over a cube/bandage run, if I have the Book of Revelations, is freaking Conquest for me.
Yeah, I had very little trouble getting those secrets, I just restart scummed for Book of Revelations, honestly.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

Dr. and Epic Fetus overwrite Brimstone I believe. It'd be really terrible if Dr. Fetus worked like Mom's Knife did since you'd just kill yourself unless you had Pyromaniac.

Yeah but it would be really funny

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Power of Pecota posted:

Re: the donation machine, I instantly bombed like 5 coins out of it as soon as it hit 999, I was paranoid about blowing it. I used it really liberally on Lost runs and when I was trying to D6/Monster Manual bandage girl/meat boy and I've been holding at around 750ish coins.

The best donation machine withdrawals are when you have something like Ipecac/Cricket's Body and can cluster smash like 30 coins out in one shot.

Humbling Bundle-boosted withdrawals are still the best thing. At that point you're playing Craps, seeing how long you can keep doubling your bet before the dice betray you and the donation box jams.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Ilyich posted:

That doesn't work now. It was patched yesterday.

It was on the PS4 yesterday so it wasn't even patched then.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Huh? I didn't even know this was possible.
I thought they either all drop the meat or all drop the bandages. I've never had it happen differently in any of my runs.
The only thing that can gently caress over a cube/bandage run, if I have the Book of Revelations, is freaking Conquest for me.
Yeah, I had very little trouble getting those secrets, I just restart scummed for Book of Revelations, honestly.

I'm just gonna hope for the stuff to use the MM as otherwise it's just crazy.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Every time I come to this thread, I read the title - jesus loves you, can't you see - and really want it to continue: he's the only jeez for me

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
I always read it as "Jesus loves you, you can't see".

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

This game must think I'm a loving idiot or something

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Got an amazing infinite-reroll-run and was able to knock out all but one of my last items (that one being the Stopwatch, which I lazily haven't unlocked yet). Pyro+Ipecac on the first (XL) floor was nice. Sharp Plug (after some rerolling) on Caves 1, and it was all uphill from there. Oneshotting ??? is fun.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

CJacobs posted:

This game must think I'm a loving idiot or something

As someone who got Soy after a boss rush and decided to try and make the best of it for shits and giggles (it was a magically stupid run so far that wouldn't die no matter how hard I hosed up) and I have to say Soy Milk is actually a damage up in pretty much every situation.

Or it would be if the knockback didn't troll you to hell and back. It's really hard to keep a bead on enemies when the knockback of your billion bitty bullets is making them slide around like crazy to the point that the game doesn't know what to and sometimes even throws them at you. Doubly so if you have concussive shot so the enemies start random-walking. I managed to make it all the way to the Cathedral with 20/20 soy milk and it chewed through It Lives like nothing else if only because it's a stationary boss, but I got hit so many times because the enemies would slide unpredictably all over the loving place.

Soy Milk would be legitimately good if it removed your shots knockback.

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001
For anyone who hasn't patched to 1.032 yet, I found a god-tier seed on reddit.

SNF3 DRKA

Holy Mantle, 20/20, several damage ups, Cricket's Body, and if you take everything in the devil rooms you will get Guppy form after the mom fight. I loving wrecked the boss rush with the Lost after botching it even with the other special seeds I tried. Felt good, man.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I just got pyromaniac + kamakazie. It turns issac into an invincible melee character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Rashomon posted:

Got an amazing infinite-reroll-run and was able to knock out all but one of my last items (that one being the Stopwatch, which I lazily haven't unlocked yet). Pyro+Ipecac on the first (XL) floor was nice. Sharp Plug (after some rerolling) on Caves 1, and it was all uphill from there. Oneshotting ??? is fun.

but what was the seed???