Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
YO if I need to play a match, PM me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

YO if I need to play a match, PM me.

Hey sorry I don't have pm capabilities. Is there any time in the near future you're available?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

how do i give someone editing rights

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tender Bender posted:

Yo Locust Fart Hell sent you an NNID request. I'm around for a while if you wanna smash.

the one night i get laid low by a stomach virus, god drat

you still available tonight?

Guy Freeman
Aug 31, 2006

mabels big day posted:

It is difficult to read all the posts.

Wasn't trying to call you out or anything. Thank you for setting all of this up.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Guy Freeman posted:

Wasn't trying to call you out or anything. Thank you for setting all of this up.

I think the lesson we can learn is that if you set up a tournament try not to get immediately knocked out so you lose all interest in it.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

mabels big day posted:

how do i give someone editing rights

Go to the tournament page. Settings > Advanced > Permissions > Share Admin access to this tournament. My Challonge name is the same as my SA name.

LanceKing2200 fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Dec 12, 2014

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
In the loser's bracket, qnqnx beat Gandalf21 2-1, so he'll go on and face Zeuhl.

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free

seiferguy posted:

In the loser's bracket, qnqnx beat Gandalf21 2-1, so he'll go on and face Zeuhl.

Finally. qnqnx, I am ready ANYTIME (after 530EST)

Remember, I tried to get you DQ'd, you should be MAD, MAD AS HELL

EDIT: ^was that a joke? :(

Zeuhl fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 12, 2014

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Rhycool posted:

I'll be free tonight, or tomorrow night, if you want to smash. Let me know what time works best for you.

Didn't see this till just now. Can we do Saturday?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

the one night i get laid low by a stomach virus, god drat

you still available tonight?

Yes sir! Probably the same time frame unless I get home from work early.

I play Roy/Donkey/Diddy (originally signed up with Young Link as my third but swapped him out for daddy).

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
So it looks like the last 2 stragglers are A Fancy Bloke and Pops Mgee, who of course are playing each other (and is the match I'm waiting on). If anyone has any way of contacting either of them see if you can't get a hold of them, otherwise I say we make the deadline midnight tonight (EST) for DQ.

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

Deviant posted:

Didn't see this till just now. Can we do Saturday?

I can do Saturday morning around 10AM MST, or the evening after 8PM MST. Gonna be at work, most of the day.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

LanceKing2200 posted:

Go to the tournament page. Settings > Advanced > Permissions > Share Admin access to this tournament. My Challonge name is the same as my SA name.

i've done it. use this power wisely.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

mabels big day posted:

i've done it. use this power wisely.

Are you sure you hit Save Changes? I don't have anything yet.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Vince Videogames posted:

Hey sorry I don't have pm capabilities. Is there any time in the near future you're available?

I'm available all day today (I'm NYC so it's 2:30 PM EST on the 12th when I post this). Send me a friend request at "Zagreus" and we'll do this thing whenever.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

maple leaf, I apologize for having spotty availability over the last few days. I should be available this evening, and most of tomorrow. (sunday is iffy, but the week following should be ok if you let me know ahead of time) I look forward to our gory first encounter.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I should be good to go all night. Whenever you're ready!

Undersea Magic
Dec 16, 2006

Guy Freeman posted:

UNDERSEA MAGIC, let us have jolly smashing! Could you do tomorrow? Between, like, 4 - 9 PM, EST?

comma

i'm only free after 10 p.m. most of the time, should be free on Sunday though.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm available all day today (I'm NYC so it's 2:30 PM EST on the 12th when I post this). Send me a friend request at "Zagreus" and we'll do this thing whenever.

I sent a friend request, if you wanna try fighting now I'm available.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Vince Videogames posted:

I sent a friend request, if you wanna try fighting now I'm available.

sure!

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Made a room as rainbowfission, lets punch n stuff

my buddy Superfly fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 12, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Vince Videogames posted:

Made a room as rainbowfission, lets punch n stuff

Well that was fun. FUN FACT: you were my first match with my new GCN adapter. Sorry I knocked you out of the torney, though. Your DDD is a truly majestic beast.

(STATS: DoctorWhat wins, 2-0)

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

Well that was fun. FUN FACT: you were my first match with my new GCN adapter.

Yeah good games, good luck going forward!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I was really loving that string of down-tilt smugrolls you landed on me in Match Two. Also, were ALL your deaths that match due to Mad Juggles? I love Sonic's juggle strats.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

I was really loving that string of down-tilt smugrolls you landed on me in Match Two. Also, were ALL your deaths that match due to Mad Juggles? I love Sonic's juggle strats.

Fuuuuuuuuck sonic and his stupid juggles.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Vince Videogames posted:

Fuuuuuuuuck sonic and his stupid juggles.

The only thing keeping Sonic (and Falcon, to a lesser degree) from being Absolute Top Tier Unstoppable in SSB4 is the fact that his horizontal airspeed is so slow compared to his runspeed. If SSB4 had Melee's conservation of momentum through the air (or if Sonic's airspeed was higher), Sonic could chase SO FAR offstage that he'd be basically impossible to recover against.

Oh, he'd also be even more incredibly good if Spring Jump worked like Rush Coil, in that Sonic could "save" his doublejump for after the spring. That would be an INCREDIBLE buff. because it'd give Sonic even MORE ability to chase and juggle off the top.

I love Sonic's playstile and I'm so so so happy that he's so good in SSB4 instead of basically useless like in Brawl. Combos Existing makes him so much better, it's unreal.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I beat Sofia Coppola_OD_ in a tight 2-1. Video coming soon

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

mapleleaf has bested me 2 - 1. during our battles i could see flower petals and small stones hovering into the air around us, the of result two pure spirit-forms locked in an eternal struggle. he has a terrible strength, beware all who would meet him in combat..!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

mapleleaf has bested me 2 - 1. during our battles i could see flower petals and small stones hovering into the air around us, the of result two pure spirit-forms locked in an eternal struggle. he has a terrible strength, beware all who would meet him in combat..!

sounds like a chump

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I hate Sonic, even if I beat him the match is this unfun dance around all his spindash aerial bullshit. I wish I could opt into a For Glory mode where if my opponent chooses Sonic I just automatically grant them the win and it matches me with someone else.

Yo LOCUST FART HELL when are you free, I am probably gonna eat around 8, you wanna say 9 EST?

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 13, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

I hate Sonic, even if I beat him the match is this unfun dance around all his spindash air combo bullshit. I wish I could opt into a For Glory mode where if my opponent chooses Sonic I just automatically grant them the win and it matches me with someone else.

get gud

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I can beat him I just hate playing against him, vs Sonic in a 1v1 feels like basically a different game for me.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tender Bender posted:

I hate Sonic, even if I beat him the match is this unfun dance around all his spindash aerial bullshit. I wish I could opt into a For Glory mode where if my opponent chooses Sonic I just automatically grant them the win and it matches me with someone else.

Yo LOCUST FART HELL when are you free, I am probably gonna eat around 8, you wanna say 9 EST?

ok. I will spend that time training in my hypergravity chamber

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Tender Bender posted:

I can beat him I just hate playing against him, vs Sonic in a 1v1 feels like basically a different game for me.

Yeah I agree. I hardly ever lose to sonic but it's no fun and takes forever since you have to chase him nonstop.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sofia no

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i know... i've doomed us both...

i eagerly await the uploaded matches, that my emotional rollercoaster might be ridden by imps all over the world

Reksi
Sep 26, 2007

The bottom half of winners bracket needs updating

Lon Lon Rabbit beat Ometeotl 2-1
Lon Lon Rabbit beat PantsBandit 2-0
Reksi beat Lon Lon Rabbit 2-0

to those of you still alive in winners... I only grow stronger while I wait

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

maple leaf...I added you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
When MBD gets home he's going to give me control of the bracket, and I'm going to update all of the records. If you want to post the scores of any matches that aren't currently recorded feel free, but I'm probably going to go back through the thread to check anyway.

• Locked thread