Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
lol therum just deleted all his recorded streams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Follow up to all this lol.
Recursion pulls out of Farmers finals against AC tomorrow.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2p49si/x_post_from/

Meanwhile, I finally got this stupid thing

Thanks to this

And capped off that grind like this

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Ban this sick filth.

I'm always paranoid about the trees on Hossin and I'm constantly looking up for anime in the trees. It is never there though. Not once have I been killed by this or seen a sniper camping out. I was privy to it as a HA though. That was fun until I ran out of ammo. Only one TR saw me, then forgot about me apparently.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Broose posted:

Ban this sick filth.

I'm always paranoid about the trees on Hossin and I'm constantly looking up for anime in the trees. It is never there though. Not once have I been killed by this or seen a sniper camping out. I was privy to it as a HA though. That was fun until I ran out of ammo. Only one TR saw me, then forgot about me apparently.

The shittiest of the tree shitters finds a good NC/TR fight, a nice tall tree, and sets up camp in the branches of his new home. Hundreds of dead red/blue people later, someone gets pissed and spends 5 minutes climbing the tree as an LA simply to attempt to gank him. Then the process is repeated ad nauseum.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Broose posted:

Ban this sick filth.

Considering you were an HA with an LMG at about 100m you weren't much of a threat. Now, if you'd been rocket sniping and standing on an ammo pack...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

o muerte posted:

Considering you were an HA with an LMG at about 100m you weren't much of a threat. Now, if you'd been rocket sniping and standing on an ammo pack...

In the future the best way to counter snipe is to fire your rocket launcher at a target over 100 meters away

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Gonkish posted:

The shittiest of the tree shitters finds a good NC/TR fight, a nice tall tree, and sets up camp in the branches of his new home. Hundreds of dead red/blue people later, someone gets pissed and spends 5 minutes climbing the tree as an LA simply to attempt to gank him. Then the process is repeated ad nauseum.

This is what gets me, I wouldn't even bother with getting a LA out. Most of those trees seem like they have no footholds to recharge on until you get to the top. And the ones that do would get you killed for the amount of time you have to spend in the open. It seems like the best way to combat it would be to try to counter-snipe, or drop pod into the tree as well if you don't mind announcing your presence.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Give my sunderer chainsaws on the front and let me chop down trees. Hossin will be a barren wasteland within the hour.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Broose posted:

This is what gets me, I wouldn't even bother with getting a LA out. Most of those trees seem like they have no footholds to recharge on until you get to the top. And the ones that do would get you killed for the amount of time you have to spend in the open. It seems like the best way to combat it would be to try to counter-snipe, or drop pod into the tree as well if you don't mind announcing your presence.

Airhammer/Banshee ESF. One dead wookie later the problem is solved.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
I only ever see LAs sitting in trees, and it's those odd lone trees out in the middle of a field where they are likely to never see another player. I notice them because I have Thermals on my Lightning and just use HEAT to send them on their way. I finally maxed out Racer on my Lightning the other day and it's now my go-to ride when playing VS, you can climb some silly hills if you're at speed and get into some fun spots.

I'm sure a Magrider could also climb a hill but the Lightning is actually useful once it gets to the top and isn't made of balsa wood.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Periphery posted:

Give my sunderer chainsaws on the front and let me chop down trees. Hossin will be a barren wasteland within the hour.

Really, you'd expect the bulldogs to be enough to burn it down.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Keeshhound posted:

Really, you'd expect the bulldogs to be enough to burn it down.

I just want my sundy to look like something out of Carmageddon.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

What defensive stuff is nowdays good on Lightnings ?

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

kalstrams posted:

Proximity Radar for skyguards since you tend to spend more time in first-person looking up and also because when you dare to shoot at a skyg0d they will send LAs to C4 you. Auto repair for everything else so you can duck into cover and shrug off lockons and any tank silly enough to want to stay at 100m+ trading shots.

Klowns fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 13, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The competitive community seems to be choking on its own tail, and there's a hundred different stories to explain just how it got there.

Just what the gently caress just happened with Recursion and DA/AC?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

The competitive community seems to be choking on its own tail, and there's a hundred different stories to explain just how it got there.

Hackusations.

Or more "Packet Throttling-usations".

Re Shitter Chat:

The only way to be a Shitter is to deny that you are a Shitter.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
What if you think you are an all around easygoing person rather than a shitter?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Broose posted:

What if you think you are an all around easygoing person rather than a shitter?

The worst kind of shitter is the kind that is not aware that they are a shitter

GentleJudge
Feb 28, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Recursion had a meltdown because DA/AC made untoward comments in a similar fashion to how bad goons call out DA/AC. The focus is on one of the members of Recursion breaking movement prediction better than all the other "top" players.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

GentleJudge posted:

Recursion had a meltdown because DA/AC made untoward comments in a similar fashion to how bad goons call out DA/AC. The focus is on one of the members of Recursion breaking movement prediction better than all the other "top" players.

"When we break the game's Netcode it is through sheer skill and the girth of our massive penises. When they break the game's Netcode better than we can they're loving hackers".

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I think it's funny that AC would call out someone for warping.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Xae posted:

Re Shitter Chat:

The only way to be a Shitter is to deny that you are a Shitter.

If you're playing planetside 2 you are already a shitter

Westy543 posted:

I think it's funny that AC would call out someone for warping.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Periphery posted:

I just want my sundy to look like something out of Carmageddon.

Or Twisted Metal

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Or Twisted Metal

I'd pay real money to drive a Sunderer that looked like an ice cream truck and also had the horn.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

kalstrams posted:

NAR is still good since the Lightning is tiny.

Vehicle Stealth is good for ambushing other vehicles, you can 1v1 1/2 MBTs if you play it smart.

Prox radar is the best for farming mans since eventually someone is going to ragepull a LA, redeploy to an adjacent base, and jog 5 miles along the countryside to C4 you. You'll notice him long before he's near you.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
NAR is still brokenly good on Lightnings. If you're an engineer, it's hilarious how much it helps with keeping your downtime limited to ammo resupply runs. Also lol @ AC. My only experience with them is being TK'd by them after popping them back after one of their dudes stared me down and popped me one. lmao. My shatter camo must've confused them I was a sparkly giraffe idk.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Wait, titles can have text in them? Well I'll be...

Periphery posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0kjgj-IneE

Ideal Periphery bus found roaming the Canadian wilderness.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

sitchelin posted:

Vehicle Stealth is good for ambushing other vehicles, you can 1v1 1/2 MBTs if you play it smart.

Stealth is really amazing. The effect isn't as immediately noticeable as scout radar or auto-regen but at the max level you just completely disappear from radar and lose the red ENEMY icon above your tank unless they literally point at you and manually spot you, and even then you disappear from the map as soon as they lose line of sight. It turns out that a whole ton of players rely on that floating icon to acquire targets, especially on non-faction specific hardware. I've had so many enemies drive right past me like I wasn't even there, I've had enemy vehicles and even air stop nearby to jump out and repair, and I get harassed way less by ESFs.

http://gfycat.com/HeavenlyDifferentGordonsetter

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

kalstrams posted:

Stealth on everything, literally everything. Except a bus, use something not stealth on a bus.

Fina posted:

Stealth is really amazing. The effect isn't as immediately noticeable as scout radar or auto-regen but at the max level you just completely disappear from radar and lose the red ENEMY icon above your tank unless they literally point at you and manually spot you, and even then you disappear from the map as soon as they lose line of sight. It turns out that a whole ton of players rely on that floating icon to acquire targets, especially on non-faction specific hardware. I've had so many enemies drive right past me like I wasn't even there, I've had enemy vehicles and even air stop nearby to jump out and repair, and I get harassed way less by ESFs.

http://gfycat.com/HeavenlyDifferentGordonsetter

This is pretty much stealth in a nutshell, it's so good.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Like with cell phones and DVRs, there's life before discovering Stealth and there's life after, and once you start using it you're hooked for life so be prepared. There's a lot of times on my AP/AP Vanguard that it feels pretty much like cheating

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."

Epic High Five posted:

A whole lot of crap. I'll have an article out on a lot of this poo poo tomorrow.

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKPymcjIazE

Meanwhile, the Islamic State of Indar and Amerish continues to advance unabated despite skygod airstrikes.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

If you have max Stealth (or are outside whatever range your rank of Stealth supports), do you still appear as a big ping on the minimap as soon as you open fire?

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

DogSolutions
DogShoes
ACoolDog
DoggeButte

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Dec 13
Daily sale: Mosquito M18 Rotary / Reaver Vortek Rotary / Scythe Hailstorm Turbo Laser
Members sale: Heavy Assault Maniac Helmet

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Did the sweater camo (not the NS one) go on sale yet? If so, I'm gonna get them before my sub runs out to save a few smedbux.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
It's available, but I think you missed the 50% off - IIRC it was the first one to be discounted.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Westy543 posted:

Did the sweater camo (not the NS one) go on sale yet? If so, I'm gonna get them before my sub runs out to save a few smedbux.

They were on sale the first day.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
DEATH RACING will start around 6pm EST today! Get the test server client and go watch Mad Max 2 in preparation for the insanity.

LEAVE THE GAS, AND WALK AWAY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
Today's is pretty nice as well.

• Locked thread