Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Afraid of Audio posted:

I should probably stop putting words in people's mouths.

I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Can't wait till I can experience all this balancing first hand!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Didn't they remove armor/armor penetration on enemies a long time ago because they didn't like it, preferring if enemies just had straight health values???

E: no, I was close, it was just a poorly thought out gating mechanism they scrapped because for some reason people don't like those sorts of things.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 13, 2014

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

grimcreaper posted:

At least their ideas are better than your posts.

glass houses you weird fucker

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

quote:

– NPCs now use armor, so damage inflicted on them is reflective of their armor. Additionally their health now scales on a curve similar to the player’s.
If their concern is that NPCs get trashed by monsters, then if that is anywhere near true, this will only make them die faster. Even if they have top tier for their biome armor.

Oh well, at least even if the NPCs were always pushovers compared to random monsters, at least something has been made a little easie-

quote:

Damage values across the board have risen. Monsters now die more easily, but they can also kill the player faster too. Fight carefully!

Welp. "PvP balance" will be a bit hard to work out when in practice some racoon ostrich will waddle in and kill both combatants with one bubble breath.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Dandywalken posted:

Lets all not forget the finest mod for Starbound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l0NWp7FVYY

Eat the eggs. Eat all the eggs.

Ugh, you don't get toast from microwaving bread.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Rotten Cookies posted:

Ugh, you don't get toast from microwaving bread.

That's why it's space toast.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Now the player dies even faster? Faster than 3 hits max from monsters, with even-tiered armor?

Well it worked for Contra I guess

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Dandywalken posted:

Lets all not forget the finest mod for Starbound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l0NWp7FVYY

Eat the eggs. Eat all the eggs.

They hold back on updating so dirtbags like this can keep their mods running.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Chucklefish are experienced game devs they know what they're doing!!!!
A year after release and only now starting to work on basic game blaance you can do it chucklefish!!!!

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Smoremaster posted:

Musluk posted:

That was my ingenious writing....thank you :colbert:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Chucklefish are experienced game devs they know what they're doing!!!!
A year after release and only now starting to work on basic game blaance you can do it chucklefish!!!!

Was it actually released or was it one of those "It's open beta time!" things that have started to crop up? I honest to god can't remember.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Bauxite posted:

Was it actually released or was it one of those "It's open beta time!" things that have started to crop up? I honest to god can't remember.
It's for sale for cash money on Steam.

Since this is 2014, that means the latter.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Hey this thread is good now.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Is there a patch yet?

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!

Spudd posted:

Is there a patch yet?

Downloading now, queueing to start.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I should probably stop making LPs

Same

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
I came into this topic to laugh at all y'all dumb motherfuckers who paid cash money for a totally unfinished game but then I realised I went early access on Carmageddon.

I love you guys.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Disgusting Coward posted:

I came into this topic to laugh at all y'all dumb motherfuckers who paid cash money for a totally unfinished game but then I realised I went early access on Carmageddon.

I love you guys.

The two fanbases are starbound to be carmageddon it on in the future.

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000

Rrussom posted:

The two fanbases are starbound to be carmageddon it on in the future.

You are the best poster in this thread and the reason I read it. Shine on you crazy diamond.

Also on topic: FuckleChish updated their blog, hur hur.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Koobze posted:

FuckleChish

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Disgusting Coward posted:

I love you guys.

I bought both :ohdear:

Unstable update next week possibly maybe, according to Tiy.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Why don't just make npcs give more damage and be less damaged but only to/by monsters.

No let's rebalance everything instead in the dumbest way

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Blackheart posted:

No let's rebalance everything instead in the dumbest way

Starbound.txt

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Tiy posted:

I'm gay

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Rruss I miss you.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Tiy drops another big stinker. Any day now there's gonna b- faaaaaarttttttttt

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Shoehead posted:

Rruss I miss you.

And I miss YOU, Citizen.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Chucklefish, more like CHUCKLEFUCKS!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

i like to play terraria

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Deakul posted:

i like to play terraria

gently caress you!

Star bound, bitch!

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Hello, everyone. I consider myself a Starbound fan and the previews for this game along with details I've read make it seem like not only another great experience, but an achievement in the art of video games. Unfortunately, that comes wrapped in a package of anti-gamer propaganda.

Now, I don't know if the guys at Chucklefish are part of the Gamers Gate (progressives want to "progress" past the Constitution), or if they've been brainwashed by our media (like most of SA), or if they just think this approach will make them the most amount of money. All I know for sure is that this game will mislead you into thinking very negative things about your gender and its privilege. Any argument about it NOT being against Gamers proven by the enemies you face being called The patriarchy. I can't think of anything more evil than making the young generation think half of our own species are bad guys, rather than heroes who liberated the world.

So, I come to you today not only as a fellow gamer and male, but as a patriot. Please, hear what I have to say.

When the internet was first established, it was all about getting away from the oppressive rule of Political Correctness, and as such wanted each site to have a completely separate set of rules, fearing the idea of something like Tumblr gaining a ton of power and wreaking tyranny on them once again. It was for that reason that the Rules of the Internet were written. They were mostly by Al Gore and Moot, and were published in Image Boards under the pen name Anonymous.

Embedded throughout the posts was a core belief that seemed to be manifesting itself publicly for the very first time: Mens Rights. Since then, this belief has been at the center of the Internets standing in the world, and stands at the center of how we carry ourselves as a nation.

Mens Rights is the idea that men are not merely different from other sexes and genders on earth-- but exceptional among them. More specifically, it's the belief that the hand of the Patriarchy brought together peoples of all colors and creeds to unite around a core set of universally shared values such as the rule of law, natural rights, and equality of opportunity to create a nation unlike any other across the arc of human history.

To some, Mens Rights amounts to cheering for our own team, a puffed-up sense of superiority, or misplaced pride. Gore, Poole, Kayenka, and the rest of the Founders could not have disagreed more. They believed that, far from being about ego, Mens Rights was the axis on which human freedom spins. If you don't believe men are exceptional then who else will? If you don't hold yourself up to the highest possible standards, how can you expect to accomplish anything great? If you unexceptional then you deserve to be ruled by others.

Unfortunately, some now believe that this concept is out of date. We may believe we are exceptional, they say, but other genders believe the same about themselves. That is simply not true. No other gender has ever taken such a leap of faith with their future as our Founders did in the eighteenth century. A representative democracy, governing centrally over independent states to ensure the individual rights of man, wasn't simply original, it was exceptional.

And it still is.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Deakul posted:

i like to play terraria

Same

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Dude I really hope you copy-pasted that

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Dude I really hope you copy-pasted that

I think that it's not about whether can an autistic child cheat or not. It's about the fact that autistic kids are extremely (normal people can't go anywhere near their talent) talented at things such as drawing. I saw an autistic child fly in a helicopter, and then drew everything he saw (for many long hours) on a big wall. And it was actually quite an accurate drawing too. So he CAN be that good. And if you take gaming away from him, he will go crazy sad. Remember he's autistic...

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

I don't know how to feel about all this. :( Other than mildly disappointed.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Seven Force posted:

disappointed.

You are among brothers, my child.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Deakul posted:

i like to play terraria

Psssh, Terraria isn't balanced for PVP, and I know when I want to get into some PVP what I think of is P-P-P-PWNING people in a 2D mine blocks n' build game.

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014

Lizard Wizard posted:

That's why it's space toast.

Space Toast: Toast to Toast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I knew that long post was fake cause enemies in starbound are called dives and bodyslams

• Locked thread