Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the internal version of the game looks like fun, i hope they share it with us soon

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
What they dont say is that the update is scheduled for NEXT winter.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
It's still baffling that novakid are the only gun-focused species, and the default is hitting things with swords, in spacegame

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Alright, you've got my attention.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

oh hey, it looks like some actual progress.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The thing that got me most pumped was HOOPZ

Time to start working on my mod again I guess, and stop shitposting

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This...

This is the greatest day.

Of my life. :vince:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I hope everyone doesn't immediately flip their opinions based on a pretty basic trailer with not that much in it haha that'd be weird right guys

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

As someone who keeps this thread on favorite but only checks in about once a month to see where the game development is going, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Wish there was a more concrete release date but this stuff look awesome.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

IronicDongz posted:

I hope everyone doesn't immediately flip their opinions based on a pretty basic trailer with not that much in it haha that'd be weird right guys

I always said I was only making GBS threads on the game because I haven't seen poo poo in 8 months.

But now I've seen poo poo so I am cool.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

i just wish it had shown more of the improvements rather than ...uh, basketball, bowling, and fireworks.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Put it down.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I didn't know "eye spasm" was an emote.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Jack B Nimble posted:

As someone who keeps this thread on favorite but only checks in about once a month to see where the game development is going, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Wish there was a more concrete release date but this stuff look awesome.

https://twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/543743830584221696

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
I told you guys. I hope you like it!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The ocean floor biome looks really nice, I also like the new weather effects too.

Ocean bases were sort of a big part of the reason I wanted to get starbound so it's great that they'll look pretty.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 15, 2014

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Supernorn posted:

We would have believed you if not for the whole 8 months thing.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for some reason i really like bug collecting poo poo in any game. doesn't really matter what it is.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

IronicDongz posted:

My opinion remains split on "Not combat, pretty great :allears:. Combat dev notes and blog notes, :nallears:"

I wouldn't mind if it turned out I enjoyed the combat changes and it worked out great for me and oh no I was wrong and it's actually enjoyable for me instead of the rocket tag all the "make it more lethal!" blog notes keep suggesting still being annoying to me. But, yeah.

So, still expecting to enjoy the new stuff that ISN'T combat/healing from combat, like I've been saying.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Congrats on almost pushing out all that window dressing and mmo gameplay minus the steady dripfeed of new content, I'm sure it will blow over really well once people actually have to butt heads with your miserable combat system.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

IronicDongz posted:

This thread's culture is a mysterious and magnificent thing and I'm glad to have been part of it.

Trailer looks cool though!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah I've always been for the game deep down, but when a game stops being fun for me and then I have to wait almost 9 months for it to (possibly) be fun again, I will make my own entertainment

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Dandywalken posted:

This thread's culture is a mysterious and magnificent thing and I'm glad to have been part of it.

Trailer looks cool though!

Its not mysterious at all. Its good old fashioned bread and circuses.

Or finally delivering an update when everyone was laughing at starbound for not delivering an update in 8 months. either one really

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Section Z posted:

My opinion remains split on "Not combat, pretty great :allears:. Combat dev notes and blog notes, :nallears:"

I wouldn't mind if it turned out I enjoyed the combat changes and it worked out great for me and oh no I was wrong and it's actually enjoyable for me instead of the rocket tag all the "make it more lethal!" blog notes keep suggesting still being annoying to me. But, yeah.

So, still expecting to enjoy the new stuff that ISN'T combat/healing from combat, like I've been saying.

Honestly, I was sorta worried about the "lethal, now more than before update" as well, and was talking with the devs about it. One of them said the new target is you should be able to take four hits from a monster, even without any armor. Honestly that sounds pretty okay, I thought it was gonna be something way crazier, like 2-3 hits and you're dead.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
I too am easily impressed and will believe everything.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

Yeah I've always been for the game deep down, but when a game stops being fun for me and then I have to wait almost 9 months for it to (possibly) be fun again, I will make my own entertainment

This pretty much.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Afraid of Audio posted:

I too am easily impressed and will believe everything.

Honestly Im on amphetamines atm, so yeah this too.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

There wasn't a lot of ranged combat in that video. They seem very shy about actually letting people use guns. There seems to be an insistence on using melee.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Rrussom posted:

What they dont say is that the update is scheduled for NEXT winter.

Winter is coming

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I want to shoot laser guns in my space game instead of hitting things with metal bars, please.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Reiley posted:

There wasn't a lot of ranged combat in that video. They seem very shy about actually letting people use guns. There seems to be an insistence on using melee.

Feel free to make your own count but I saw 7 guys shooting and 6 guys meleeing. (that included 1 or 2 melee guys that never actually attacked but seemed to be in battle)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
poo poo I have to update my mods now don't I? drat you chaclkefish!!!

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Didn't see any sandmining in there :colbert:

But at least it's something

Supernorn posted:

Man Whore posted:

We would have believed you if not for the whole 8 months thing.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

XboxPants posted:

Feel free to make your own count but I saw 7 guys shooting and 6 guys meleeing. (that included 1 or 2 melee guys that never actually attacked but seemed to be in battle)

Those were like two second shots, I meant real highlights on ranged combat with this new energy system jesus christ

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I hope all these cool mods get updates too

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Any day now!

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

Birds with cocks.

I played starbound wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

Hot Files!

• Locked thread