Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mayostard posted:

...and your point is?

Guy Fieri's face is entirely defined by the top of his head and he looks really different if you cannot see his hair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Isn't that smash mouth?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
What? No, It's David Mitchell.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TheFonz posted:

What? No, It's David Mitchell.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

DrBouvenstein posted:

I got this ad on my FaceBook feed after a friend of mine posted an article slamming Guy Fieri:

I just gotta remind people to follow the URL.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

umalt posted:

People are legally required to post the NY Times review whenever his restaurant is mentioned: Here

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Max posted:

People are legally required to post the NY Times review whenever his restaurant is mentioned: Here

Hoooooooooooooooooooly poo poo! :laffo:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

umalt posted:

Not sure why, but "add a Cinnabon and two More Cinnabons $4.95" had me cracking up

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Max posted:

Also:

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Just read the bloody wikipedia page already.

THIS ANSWERS NOTHING :bang:

Time to put a crack team of the world's best scientists on this.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

umalt posted:

Oh drat, never even realized that wasn't the real website...drat, that's less funny.

I was hoping some sort of "automated ad/picture bot" accidentally placed a Smush Muff picture instead of Guy's.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

umalt posted:

Football: The Meal will never not be funny.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Max posted:

The New York Times posted:

Somewhere within the yawning, three-level interior of Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar, is there a long refrigerated tunnel that servers have to pass through to make sure that the French fries, already limp and oil-sogged, are also served cold?

These burns are medium well and cleverly marinated. 5/5

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Not complete without a reading of the menu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJidgg0TfU8

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

A few bottles of those and you're in for a savage clamour.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Max posted:

Wait, what are they supposed to do with your main course if you're not done with your appetizers when they come? Leave them under a heat lamp?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wait, what are they supposed to do with your main course if you're not done with your appetizers when they come? Leave them under a heat lamp?

He said "cleared" not "eaten" so I imagine the plates are empty, but dirty. Perhaps only bussers clear tables, so if the server arrives before the busser, they just put the food down next to the dirty plates.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Solice Kirsk posted:

Part of being a good restaurant is figuring out how to deal with this among other situations, I would think, but the specific complaint was that they brought new food and didn't take the old plates away. The other one was about cold appetizers.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

wisconsin.jpg

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Please note the second bloody mary suspended behind the sandwich. One day we will perfect the Fractal Cocktail and all life will end in a gulp.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Max posted:

quote:

How, for example, did Rhode Island’s supremely unhealthy and awesomely good fried calamari — dressed with garlic butter and pickled hot peppers — end up in your restaurant as a plate of pale, unsalted squid rings next to a dish of sweet mayonnaise with a distant rumor of spice?

How did Louisiana’s blackened, Cajun-spiced treatment turn into the ghostly nubs of unblackened, unspiced white meat in your Cajun Chicken Alfredo?

I'm a big fan of "ghostly nubs".

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Paladinus posted:

Just read the bloody wikipedia page already.

Also, a funny picture:
http://i.imgur.com/eUUVEi2l.jpg
The horrible alternate ending to "Lars and the Real Girl."

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

You have to post the back of this one too, where there's an entire raw onion. for ballast.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Chard posted:

Please note the second bloody mary suspended behind the sandwich. One day we will perfect the Fractal Cocktail and all life will end in a gulp.

the second bloody mary is what changes it from a dumb picture to an amazing picture

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

a kitten posted:

Mor like Tyrannosaurus :pervert:

This is like Adam West Batman logic.

"What sounds like Satan... bacon! What does bacon fry in... grease! What sounds like grease... geese! And another kind of bird is a penguin! IT WAS PENGUIN ALL ALONG, ROBIN!"

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

sticklefifer posted:

This is like Adam West Batman logic.

"What sounds like Satan... bacon! What does bacon fry in... grease! What sounds like grease... geese! And another kind of bird is a penguin! IT WAS PENGUIN ALL ALONG, ROBIN!"

From what I can tell, the text originated over at the Landover Baptist forums.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Sex Hobbit posted:

wisconsin.jpg

Nope! In Wisconsin, every bloody mary comes with a "chaser" of beer. Otherwise..... yeah. :saddowns:

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Pick posted:

I'm a big fan of "ghostly nubs".

I have a literal " ghostly nub" from a table saw when I was 14, and I approve of this message.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

ol qwerty bastard posted:

It also inspired this, presumably:

that lil mammal in the corner :3: we knew all along

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Dinosaurs hailed satan all day every day

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

How come I never see this kind of stuff when I'm actually walking through Ann Arbor??

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

How come I never see this kind of stuff when I'm actually walking through Ann Arbor??

Probably because chalk isn't that resistant to environment factors (these are apparently from 2013).

Artists page: http://zinnart.com/

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

This picture always makes me so hungry and want one of these. :negative:

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Nope! In Wisconsin, every bloody mary comes with a "chaser" of beer. Otherwise..... yeah. :saddowns:

They call them "beer backs" here in Chicago (and maybe elsewhere). I call them barebacks because I am a child.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Edit - thread move fast. Post move slow :(

Xander77 has a new favorite as of 18:15 on Dec 15, 2014

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

They call them "beer backs" here in Chicago (and maybe elsewhere). I call them barebacks because I am a child.

Beer back in the northwest, though you wouldn't automatically get one with a bloody mary. More of a buy a shot and a chaser kind of thing.

Moved to Minnesota, order a blood mary and then have to ask "What the Hell do you mean do I want a schnitt?" Basically german for small beer - apparently something you order as your last one. Still not sure why you need a beer with a bloody mary, but hey. Extra beer. Score one for the midwest.

wayfinder posted:

"Schnitt" is German for "cut" and I've never heard it used here for a beer, chaser or otherwise. hth

Sorry - I know it doesn't actually translate to "small beer." Just what you get when you order one.

Tony Phillips has a new favorite as of 18:48 on Dec 15, 2014

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
"Schnitt" is German for "cut" and I've never heard it used here for a beer, chaser or otherwise. hth

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Croisquessein posted:

Part of being a good restaurant is figuring out how to deal with this among other situations, I would think, but the specific complaint was that they brought new food and didn't take the old plates away. The other one was about cold appetizers.

When you have a 3 story 500 seat NY restaurant it either runs like a well oiled machine or a complete clusterfuck. No one knows what they should be doing and its bedlam and chaos during the rushes. I imagine there's literally no training for floor staff and they just hire dozens of people and throw them into the deep end.

After a savage review of his Vegas restaurant Guy all but admitted the restaurants bearing his name are poo poo. He just writes up what he thinks are good menus, and hands it over to the money people and his influence ends.

http://www.grubstreet.com/2014/04/guy-fieri-on-guys-american-kitchen.html

quote:

I only do things the best I can do them in the moment that I'm doing them. Have I learned from that experience? Yes. But I was doing the best I could do. Also, remember it's a licensing deal. I'm the chef, I make the recipes, I make the idea and I give it to a group. Let's be realistic about what this was. But there was nothing realistic about what was being said. You know, you take it; it hurts; it's a bummer. But whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

• Locked thread