Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know who Sin Limite is but I was impressed just by the fact he actually listens to what Dave has to say and lets it flow into an actual conversation rather than just waiting for Dave to finish speaking and then jumping immediately to the next thing on his list of subjects, which I feel Bryan is guilty of - it is frustrating when Dave goes off on a long tangent that just comes to an abrupt stop because he lays out his argument/beliefs into silence and then Bryan just starts talking about something else. Especially since Bryan/Dave do seem to have a good rapport and when he does engage it is interesting, but he too often leaves really interesting points hanging because he seems to be trying to stick to a schedule.

That's the whole gimmick of the Sin Limite shows, Bryan and Dave only really have 60-90 minutes to get through everything whereas Mike and Dave have several hours so they have time to get into those talking points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Mike is cool and I like him.

His own show (Big Audio Nightmare?) is dumb and is another victim of "well, everyone loves hockey so I'll talk about hockey for half an hour"

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Jerusalem posted:

That "vox" conversation on the latest Talkin' Shop :stare:

I had trouble breathing I was laughing so hard.

Edit: Things take a hard and unexpected swing into the serious immediately after as Anderson and Gallows(!) seriously discuss the offense people took to their joking around about the Styles Clash injuries last week.

I got a probably inappropriately huge laugh out of Anderson & Gallows asking each other about Cabana's podcast.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Inspired by Vinny's latest rant

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

The MLW Christmas special has some great guests on it so far.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Based on Vinny's tweets during TLC, tonights B&V is going to be amazing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

njsykora posted:

how do I know when the stream starts (I usually just listen to the Bryan/Dave shows the morning after)

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Alain Post posted:

how do I know when the stream starts (I usually just listen to the Bryan/Dave shows the morning after)

No stream, but it should be up within the next hour.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

njsykora posted:

Bryan Alvarez blocked me for pointlessly ranting at him about my stolen credit card a few months ago but joke's on him I can still see his tweets on my phone

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

LordPants posted:

Mike is cool and I like him.

His own show (Big Audio Nightmare?) is dumb and is another victim of "well, everyone loves hockey so I'll talk about hockey for half an hour"

It's worse when Adam wants to talk about "LEFT TURN."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I like hockey so the only thing I don't like about the show is when they want to talk about (shudder) Dragon Gate.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bryan on the Sunday Wrestling Observer Live says there's nothing to the Uhaa Nation turning down the WWE rumourz.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

So Joey is full of it?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

So Joey is full of it?

Joey?

Wasn't this started on /Wooooooooooo

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

rovert posted:

Joey?

Wasn't this started on /Wooooooooooo

Joey tweeted about some of his friends turning down WWE deals which caused people to decide that when the Uhaa rumours started that they were connected.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I just assumed Candace turned down a tryout offer or something.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Meltzer hyping up Charlotte saying she could be a megastar and carry the entire division on her back, then despondently saying she might never get the chance because Vince doesn't care about women is so loving sad.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
For the Mania 14 thing I was annoyed they didn't talk about the Rock's rise up the card.

The Mania 15 is all about the Rock and it's great. :)

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

LordPants posted:

For the Mania 14 thing I was annoyed they didn't talk about the Rock's rise up the card.

The Mania 15 is all about the Rock and it's great. :)

Yeah it's an interesting listen. Personally I've never heard that WWF was actually trying to push Gunn when they put him up against Butterbean. I always bought into the "JR was pissed and wanted to bury Bart"

For those who aren't going to listen, Dave said that WWF took Bart off TV after Brawl For All to actually train as a boxer and booked him against Butterbean because they thought they could beat the freak show guy who never had real competition.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Gallows talking about bidets in his Stone Cold voice is the best thing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bhester posted:

Gallows talking about almost anything in his Stone Cold voice is the best thing.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i'm listening to bryan and vinny and hearing them go over the cena/rollins makes it sounds like even more nonsense

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah it's an interesting listen. Personally I've never heard that WWF was actually trying to push Gunn when they put him up against Butterbean. I always bought into the "JR was pissed and wanted to bury Bart"

For those who aren't going to listen, Dave said that WWF took Bart off TV after Brawl For All to actually train as a boxer and booked him against Butterbean because they thought they could beat the freak show guy who never had real competition.

That's pretty much the first I've heard of that. I thought that conventional wisdom always had it as some punishment against Bart for having the gall to win and it was a way to take him down a peg or two. You could question the logic in WWF making that choice, but then; Vince.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

Bryan Alvarez blocked me for pointlessly ranting at him about my stolen credit card a few months ago but joke's on him I can still see his tweets on my phone

There was a time years ago when the annual price of the year subscription was either $119.99 or $120.99 (I can't remember which) while it was $9.99 per month and Bryan used to get pissed and ban people on the forum for complaining about how loving stupid it was to charge more for the entire year subscription even if it was just a few cents difference.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

This was incredible. Curls for girls all day every day.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

sportsgenius86 posted:

One of the Young Bucks heavily implied on Twitter a while back that they've turned down WWE offers because they didn't want to relocate to Florida for NXT. Whether that was recent and the source of the Joey Ryan comment, I don't know.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Unlikely

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Another Person posted:

wrestling podcasts have taught me to hate the terms brass ring and picking your hill to die on

Its time for you to have a "come to jesus" meeting about this.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

super macho dude posted:

This was incredible. Curls for girls all day every day.

Gotta give credit to Manflurry - he spent literally tens of dollars to buy a copy of that amazing DVD for PSP TV a while back and then uploaded it to youtube. Before that it was hard to find anything but a short highlight clip.

I'm surprised (but glad) it hasn't been pulled.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Gotta give credit to Manflurry - he spent literally tens of dollars to buy a copy of that amazing DVD for PSP TV a while back and then uploaded it to youtube. Before that it was hard to find anything but a short highlight clip.

I am so good....

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cardboard Box posted:

i'm listening to bryan and vinny and hearing them go over the cena/rollins makes it sounds like even more nonsense

The best thing about the Bryan and Vinny show was hearing them grumpily go through TLC and then afterwards getting all giddy and excited when they went back to talking about the NXT Special :3:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

IIRC, like 40 people showed up. Last night, maxallen showing TLCS got like, what, 10, Max?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

IIRC, like 40 people showed up. Last night, maxallen showing TLCS got like, what, 10, Max?

Yeah that was the highest views until the Hogan/Sting Starrcade showing.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Austin's latest show is with Meltzer: http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=542&pid=473011#.VI_crrIJ1CQ.twitter

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

I typically find the clean shows rather lacking, and I don't follow UFC, but this was a great interview. I'm surprised that Steve allowed himself to be as critical as he was during this considering his closeness to the WWE. All in all, it flowed nicely: just a couple of guys shooting the poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It was really interesting hearing Austin explain his reasoning behind his advice to Ziggler - I love when Austin reveals how much he thinks about every little aspect of wrestling.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm only in the first third or so of the new Observer, but goddamn - Dave needles Bryan multiple times to talk about the UFC lawsuit, then when it comes time to do so, says 'I don't have any details about this lawsuit so it's hard to talk about'. I don't know how Bryan keeps himself from pummelling Dave every day.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wish the WWE respected Steve's opinion as much as they respected HHH's.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm only in the first third or so of the new Observer, but goddamn - Dave needles Bryan multiple times to talk about the UFC lawsuit, then when it comes time to do so, says 'I don't have any details about this lawsuit so it's hard to talk about'. I don't know how Bryan keeps himself from pummelling Dave every day.

hahha I laughed so loving hard at this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wish the WWE respected Steve's opinion as much as they respected HHH's.

I don't know, I mean yes in a lot of ways, but he also seems to have a hard time seeing why people are fed up of seeing Cena on top. Even in light of the CM Punk stuff he mentions that no one came close to Cena when we know full well that's not true. Yes Cena is on top for business reasons, but he's also there because he's clearly the only guy they want there until he physically can't anymore.

• Locked thread