Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Kild posted:

I was looking at it on wikipedia and it says theres a supersaiyan form for Videl and ChiChi. ChiChi also has Kaioken...? It also says Chilled was a Queen?

This roster can't be real, can it? Its rivalling Budokai Tenkaichi 3 at this point. Hell, it has THREE Frieza Soldiers to play as!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the three freeza soldiers are legit they were shown on a livestream

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

The Bee posted:

This roster can't be real, can it? Its rivalling Budokai Tenkaichi 3 at this point. Hell, it has THREE Frieza Soldiers to play as!

Gotta be able to fight an army of disposable Frieza goons at the same time!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Blockhouse posted:

most important xenoverse news: the "play dead" emote makes you fall over into the dead yamcha pose

That is amazing.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

Kinda nit-picky but it's weird seeing goku without his blue undershirt.

I knew there was something off about Goku but I just couldn't put my finger on it

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

The Bee posted:

They are making a character creator as robust as they can, so the more obscure crap they can squeeze in, the better for online players.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Pyroi posted:

Gotta be able to fight an army of disposable Frieza goons at the same time!

Well hopefully they are playable so I can grab 5 of them (Cui so counts) and form Ginyu Force Jr.

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.

Kild posted:

I was looking at it on wikipedia and it says theres a supersaiyan form for Videl and ChiChi. ChiChi also has Kaioken...? It also says Chilled was a Queen?

I guess going Super Saiyan is an STD now.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

WERNSTROM

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

SexyBrianPuppet posted:

I guess going Super Saiyan is an STD now.

Well, if being half a Saiyan is makes you more powerful, imagine having only a little Saiyan DNA in you.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

e X posted:

Well, if being half a Saiyan is makes you more powerful, imagine having only a little Saiyan DNA in you.
I have some great homeopathic Super Saiyan medicine right here, only $100 per bottle.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Wait if they're training under Whis in the new movie does that mean we're getting more Bills/Beers/Beerus?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Pierson posted:

Wait if they're training under Whis in the new movie does that mean we're getting more Bills/Beers/Beerus?

Almost definitely. It is up in the air if he's going to fight, but I have no doubt that he is going to feature in the film.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Pierson posted:

Well, he and his assistant are on the movie poster.

Unambiguous
Aug 17, 2012

There's no way this Xenoverse roster is real, right? Man-Wolf is a character. As in that one random guy Jackie Chun fought in the first round of the second World Tournament. Not only that, but he has both a Man form and a Wolf form. This is far beyond BT3 levels of ridiculousness.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Unambiguous posted:

There's no way this Xenoverse roster is real, right? Man-Wolf is a character. As in that one random guy Jackie Chun fought in the first round of the second World Tournament. Not only that, but he has both a Man form and a Wolf form. This is far beyond BT3 levels of ridiculousness.

Dragon Ball Heroes has a similar roster.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Unambiguous posted:

I see nothing wrong with this

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.
No Farmer with Shotgun? Not buying.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

SexyBrianPuppet posted:

No Farmer with Shotgun? Not buying.

Has he made his DB:Z Game debut yet? If not that is a tragedy!

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
How about Nam or Bora? Or the true villain of Dragonball, the talking pterodactyl.

e X fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 13, 2014

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Well, Xenoverse helped me learn that Freeza had an alligator dude called Blueberry and a human-looking dude with an arm cannon called Raspberry. Can't wait to play as them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Well, Xenoverse helped me learn that Freeza had an alligator dude called Blueberry and a human-looking dude with an arm cannon called Raspberry. Can't wait to play as them.

In the new movie the Freeza's minions are Sorbet and Tagoma (His name is a pun on the Japanese word for egg apparently)

All of Freeza's minions are named after food and stuff. Appule, Kiwi. I think Chilled from that Bardock comic had a henchman named Pineapple. (That may have just been DBZ abridged however.)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
All of the Saiyans' names are vegetables and the Ginyu Force are all forms of dairy.

Toriyama loving loved naming his characters after foods.

Gohan means rice, btw.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Some Numbers posted:

All of the Saiyans' names are vegetables and the Ginyu Force are all forms of dairy.

Toriyama loving loved naming his characters after foods.

Gohan means rice, btw.

I am pretty sure anybody with more than a fleeting interest in Dragonball knows that most names are puns.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Weirdest part to me is all the new Super Saiyans. Along with Super Saiyan Bra now being canon, Chichi and Videl too? Wonder how they'll explain that.

Also Android 17 (Perfect Cell Absorbed.) Are we getting a role reversal What If?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Unambiguous posted:

I'm not sure what to make of the fact that Launch is a character in the game (with both Nice and Mean forms!) but Bulma isn't.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is there any particular reason people are believing a random list of characters on a wiki?

Edit: Especially because looking elsewhere, it appears like someone grabbed the list of characters from the Dragonball Wiki, slapped some fanfiction in there and called it a day. The Dragonball wiki has actual citations and no Super Saiyan Bra.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 13, 2014

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Isn't at least one Dragonball wiki notorious for it's inaccurate information and listing fan theories as facts?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball:_Xenoverse#Characters

an actual real character list

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

quote:

Saiyan (Male, Female) (Base, Kaioken, X3 Kaioken, X20 Kaioken, Super Saiyan/Super Saiyan 2/Super Vegeta/Super Vegeta 2)

quote:

Saiyan (Male, Female) (Base...Super Vegeta/Super Vegeta 2)

I need to know right the gently caress now what this means.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The big giant super-muscles forms that are useless for actual fighting, I think.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I think it alludes to the transformation Vegeta and Trunks arrived at after training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, but I'd really like to believe that it means you literally transform into Vegeta.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

All Saiyans are born with the innate ability to transform into The Prince of All Saiyans.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

RZApublican posted:

All Saiyans are born with the innate ability to transform into The Prince of All Saiyans.

Much to His great annoyance.

:mad: "Oh believe me, there is only one of me... the rest are just pretending."

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

jivjov posted:

The big giant super-muscles forms that are useless for actual fighting, I think.

Yup

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

jivjov posted:

Tell that to Broly

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
New DBM. :allears:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

They really love their jabs at GT...

I never actually saw all of GT. One day I'll sit myself down and force myself to watch all of it.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I love Vegeta's mustache almost as much as I love Arale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Raxivace posted:

They really love their jabs at GT...

I never actually saw all of GT. One day I'll sit myself down and force myself to watch all of it.

I hope one day someone will make an abridged version of GT, because the actual show is unwatchable.

• Locked thread