Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

afen posted:

Ye olde station wagon at a C&C this summer:

Hell yea. Such an incredible car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I hope not.
This is the only time I like my bikes around orange cones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXWVYtsf43Y

Sure, but he's no Donne Williams

http://www.wimp.com/donniewilliams/

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Yeah this is basically what I want to do with the '90 S15, except keep the 4.3L and do it up like a GNX tribute truck.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

You guys sick of Ken Block's Hoonicorn RTR yet? Too bad...

Build story here - http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/12/the-hoonicorn-rtr-build-story/

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

NitroSpazzz posted:

You guys sick of Ken Block's Hoonicorn RTR yet? Too bad...

Build story here - http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/12/the-hoonicorn-rtr-build-story/

Holy gently caress, there's so much love and attention to detail put into that thing. And that goofy shot of him waving :lol:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
That's impressive, but it makes you wonder why they even needed a donor car!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

T1g4h posted:

Holy gently caress, there's so much love and attention to detail put into that thing. And that goofy shot of him waving :lol:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Pretty sweet videos from the 1988 Chicago auto show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN3X90tkcnA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sljpZVIR2o4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rdbagp9DR8

blk
Dec 19, 2009
http://instagram.com/p/wiXQ3GinGF/

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"

InitialDave posted:

That's impressive, but it makes you wonder why they even needed a donor car!
A really clean donor car too. They should have just used a Ford licensed Dynacorn body

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I lived through the 80s and that's one of the lamest things I've seen in my life.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I lived through the 80s and that's one of the lamest things I've seen in my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIfAkOBMf5A

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

winter is only a problem if you make it one.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You forgot the pic where he's wrapped around a tree.

torpedan
Jul 17, 2003
Lets make Uncle Ben proud

Well to be honest, the likely did not want people to look at the car.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

I loving lost it when they brought out the nun-chucks.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
BMW touring car movie trailer
https://vimeo.com/108230034

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Yeah this is basically what I want to do with the '90 S15, except keep the 4.3L and do it up like a GNX tribute truck.

Or, you know, a Syclone

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

leica posted:

You forgot the pic where he's wrapped around a tree.

It's Vancouver, so its driven by a early 20s chinese kid, so you probably arent far off.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

D C posted:

It's Vancouver, so its driven by a early 20s chinese kid, so you probably arent far off.

How's that casual racism working out for you?

arts and craps
Nov 20, 2011

sofullofhate posted:

Stfu

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

SyHopeful posted:

Or, you know, a Syclone

Syclones are too cool to clone. Their majesty must remain unimpeachable.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

sofullofhate posted:

Let's just say that the image of wealthy Chinese kids isn't exactly undeserved:

quote:

Incidents often occur that underline the idea that wealthy Chinese adhere to poorer values. These incidents often trigger heated debates within society. An example of such an incident happened in Vancouver. On August, 31, 2011, at the peak of the city’s rush hour, 13 wealthy Chinese youth drove around crazily in fancy and expensive sports cars. They cleared a path for racing by obstructing a highway. Then, they raced their cars at 200 kilometers per hour. The freeway had a speed limit of 90 kilometers per hour. The police were shocked and said that this was the first reported incident in the city’s history of illegal group automobile racing. The wealthy Chinese youth were subsequently arrested and fined.

However, the youth involved in the case continued to publish their own insights on the case on various Chinese websites. They said that they had no regrets and proceeded to mock the Canadian police for being underfunded. One couple, a young male and female, took a smiling photo of themselves while in the car “to keep as a souvenir” and said that they “felt very happy” about the whole situation. Another youth involved went on Vancouver TV in order to “become famous.” Netizens soon lined up to praise him. When the police towed their vehicles, the Chinese youth took pictures from the sidelines. One said that this was “proof of my wild youth. Later, I can show these pictures to my children and tell them, when dad was young he was crazy too.”

http://www.echinacities.com/china-media/Four-Reasons-Why-Wealthy-Chinese-Immigrants-are-No-Longer-Welcomed translated from http://www.wenxuecity.com/news/2014/07/05/3409974.html

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

When I owned a '93 S10 and an 87 GN, I always figured that if the GN got t-boned to oblivion I'd grab the running gear and stuff it in the S10 and paint the fucker black

fortunately the GN never got t-boned. Unfortunately, I sold both vehicles. That S10 had the gutless 2.8 and a 5-speed but goddammit it was kind of fun

Dr.Smasher fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 15, 2014

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Isn't this more of a case of rich kids being obnoxious rich kids who lets daddy buy them out of any ticket, fine, or other expenses just because they can?

I'm a white collar, middle class Chinese and I feel ashamed just reading that. I think those kids need several lashings on their hindquarters with a bamboo cane. :colbert:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Edward IV posted:

Isn't this more of a case of rich kids being obnoxious rich kids who lets daddy buy them out of any ticket, fine, or other expenses just because they can?

I'm a white collar, middle class Chinese and I feel ashamed just reading that. I think those kids need several lashings on their hindquarters with a bamboo cane. :colbert:

Probably, but in a lot of areas the reason there is such a high concentration of immigrants from one place is because there are businesses (e.g. tech) that are bringing in dudes from overseas and compensating them well. Or a lot of students who can afford the extra non-native tuition of a high-ranked school. So you get a large population of shithead kids who all happen to be of one or two nationalities.

I agree that it's more a problem of them being rich shitheads who can do whatever they want, rather than being of whatever nationality. But it's a lot easier to see someone's nationality than it is to see their bank account balance from a distance, so I guess people attribute things in that way.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

I lived in Vancouver for 14 years. I have experienced entitled rich shits of every ethnicity as a result.

The fact that rich kids are often pricks is true. Focusing on their race is also loving racist. What the hell, guys - it's not a subtle thing. Pull your heads out of your loving asses.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I'm sorry for causing a dumb derail, please accept this peace offering.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

sofullofhate posted:

The fact that rich kids are often pricks is true. Focusing on their race is also loving racist. What the hell, guys - it's not a subtle thing. Pull your heads out of your loving asses.
:agreed:

I've always wondered how many of the group B road cars have been regularly driven in anger. I know there's some RS200s that have gotten up to various shenanigans over the years, but I'm more interested in if people have at some point decided to go bomb up and down a bunch of gravel roads for no reason or regularly track/drive them.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

razorscooter posted:

I've always wondered how many of the group B road cars have been regularly driven in anger. I know there's some RS200s that have gotten up to various shenanigans over the years, but I'm more interested in if people have at some point decided to go bomb up and down a bunch of gravel roads for no reason or regularly track/drive them.

A guy here in Norway had an Audi S1 for a while, drove it pretty hard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7rwkzu12W4

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

"Dashing through the snow,
In a five-hun't hosspow' sleigh,
In the ditch we go,
screaming all the way"

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Syclones are too cool to clone. Their majesty must remain unimpeachable.

Sonoma GT, then!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Spotted this on my way through town this morning, had to stop and take a few cellphone shots.

It looked sinister in person.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

I unironically love 80s hatches. The Yugo! :swoon::swoon::angel::angel::swoon::swoon:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I unironically love 80s hatches. The Yugo! :swoon::swoon::angel::angel::swoon::swoon:

I fondly remember going to a pick n pull with my old man and having him spot a Yugo. He's Macedonian (so formerly Yugoslavian) and had never seen one over here before. He starts strategically tapping at the rear quarter panel and eventually smashes a fist-sized hole through the sheet metal where it's rotted away completely.

"This is a really good one! Must be the climate here."

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

I fondly remember going to a pick n pull with my old man and having him spot a Yugo. He's Macedonian (so formerly Yugoslavian) and had never seen one over here before. He starts strategically tapping at the rear quarter panel and eventually smashes a fist-sized hole through the sheet metal where it's rotted away completely.

I owned one. and it was the worst best cheap shitbox ever.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Slavvy posted:

You need to buy your dad an account.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I still own a Yugo.... somewhere. I think. My buddy and I bought one for $400 in like 1997. He had an '89 S-10 with a regular cab and a short box. 2wd, auto, and a 4.3L V6. At the time I had almost the same truck, but instead of the 3.21's or whatever the gears were in the back, I had a 4.10 posi. Anyway, his S-10 was rotted to poo poo, he had bought it to convert into a stakebed with a V8 of some kind. He also had access to his elderly uncle's shop. The guy was wrapping up his local career, luckily too because he was starting to get crushed by the likes of Midas, etc. So we would have one bay complete with a lift all to ourselves for as long as we needed, free of charge.

Long story short, when we saw the Yugo for sale he said go halves with him. and we'd use the chassis and running gear from the S-10 to make a drag car. We figured that as long as we could get it to hook, it would run low 13's with just the parts we had.

Then the dumb bastard joined the Marines, his cool rear end uncle sadly passed, and the car disappeared. Whether someone else has it now or the Earth itself consumed it, I have no idea.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
My step-mother owned a Yugo. It was a delightful little thing. It turned out to be the most hardy car I've ever seen, since she ran it for several months (months!!) with no oil or water in the engine. Damned if I know how it lived so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

It was a tossup between here and the Terrible Car poo poo thread.