Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

WarLocke posted:

Going to try this bad boy after work.

28 AC20 rounds, 25 volleys of SRMs, pretty much max armor, MPLs for less face time.

That case is wasted in your left torso. Also I wouldn't personally run 1 case for 1 ton of ac ammo. I would drop case entirely in this build in favor of stripping a bit of leg armor off, possibly going regular medium lasers and getting a std 325 engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Kazvall posted:

That case is wasted in your left torso. Also I wouldn't personally run 1 case for 1 ton of ac ammo. I would drop case entirely in this build in favor of stripping a bit of leg armor off, possibly going regular medium lasers and getting a std 325 engine.

That CASE is covering all the ammo, actually. The LT, LL, and LA ammo - similar thing for the RT CASE.

I don't normally run CASE at all, but this mech actually does die from ammo explosions since it carries so much in areas that do get hit.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

WarLocke posted:

That CASE is covering all the ammo, actually. The LT, LL, and LA ammo - similar thing for the RT CASE.

I don't normally run CASE at all, but this mech actually does die from ammo explosions since it carries so much in areas that do get hit.

Case? Maybe. Std 300 in an Atlas? That's a bad robot. The pulse lasers are probably a bad choice as well, applicable quirks notwithstanding.

Why not just duplicate the truckernaught (albeit with less srms)?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Will an arm rear end-plosion transfer through the torso in MWO? and don't legs transfer directly to the CT?

Anyway, ~35 rounds is way more than I ever end up living for. I like mid 20's, I just thought you might be super leet and need that many rounds.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
OK fine I am patching the game.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Kazvall posted:

Bad sure is the correct choice of word for that linked mech! 300 engine atlases are baaaaaaaad. Lasers remain a trap on atlas brawlers, but it's not bad to keep them in the CT case of weapon loss. Don't bother with the useless CASE. http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=216&l=bc5767f5e200da34766e2785a46fccd474585257 isn't terrible, but I would still leave out a laser and add another heatsink to support the SRM vomit. I'd probably even lose both lasers and add more SRM ammo.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

WarLocke posted:

CASE isn't covering anything of use there. No one arms an atlas, and a legged atlas with nothing but the shortest ranged weapons may as well just be dead because literally anything can run away from it. It's not going to protect the LT from anything, so at best you get to be a legged atlas with just your AC20 and not even close to enough turn or twist speed to put it on any target.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

DiHK posted:

I just thought you might be super leet and need that many rounds.

Haha no, I am a bad.

I actually dropped the MPLs to MLs and shoved an extra ton of ammo for each weapon in. So 35 AC20 and 31.25 SRM volleys; should be plenty to get myself killed before I run dry.

The engine thing I will admit is a self-handicap, but I am going to be stubborn about it (plus buying new engines cuts into my mech-buying money) because I am a bad. :colbert:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

WarLocke posted:

Haha no, I am a bad.

I actually dropped the MPLs to MLs and shoved an extra ton of ammo for each weapon in. So 35 AC20 and 31.25 SRM volleys; should be plenty to get myself killed before I run dry.

The engine thing I will admit is a self-handicap, but I am going to be stubborn about it (plus buying new engines cuts into my mech-buying money) because I am a bad. :colbert:

Protip: buying a large engine to use in multiple assaults is in fact a good thing and the fact you're actually getting into the fight before everyone has already died means you can earn more money faster. Sell the 300 if you must, you'll end up with one any time you buy an atlas anyway.

Mjilaeck
Jun 10, 2012

They should add a 'Faction Quick Drop' button where it doesn't ready you for any specific conflict but instead drops you directly into the first available mach for your group for your faction. That way you could either focus on a fight using the current method, or just say 'fucks not found, give me a match' and have a higher chance of getting funneled into a game quickly.

The current method of letting anything <12 sit there with their dicks in their and while their opponents shoot turrets needs some work.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Gwaihir posted:

Bad sure is the correct choice of word for that linked mech! 300 engine atlases are baaaaaaaad. Lasers remain a trap on atlas brawlers, but it's not bad to keep them in the CT case of weapon loss. Don't bother with the useless CASE. http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=216&l=bc5767f5e200da34766e2785a46fccd474585257 isn't terrible, but I would still leave out a laser and add another heatsink to support the SRM vomit. I'd probably even lose both lasers and add more SRM ammo.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=216&l=b25626658e22efeafe63a1a20096ae04edd92105

Gotta go fast. This thing will never live long enough to use all of its ammo because its a brawling atlas. Its probably oversinked for the cold maps but it should be able to keep up its fire on the hot ones. Stick the SRMs on two weapon groups, ac20 on the third because ghost heat will get you shut down so fast. No lasers because they reduce your ability to deliver missiles and ac20 shells.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Great Beer posted:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=216&l=b25626658e22efeafe63a1a20096ae04edd92105

Gotta go fast. This thing will never live long enough to use all of its ammo because its a brawling atlas. Its probably oversinked for the cold maps but it should be able to keep up its fire on the hot ones. Stick the SRMs on two weapon groups, ac20 on the third because ghost heat will get you shut down so fast. No lasers because they reduce your ability to deliver missiles and ac20 shells.

No, you are bad. SRM4's have .14 more DPS with the quirk.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

DiHK posted:

No, you are bad. SRM4's have .14 more DPS with the quirk.

SRM6's have 15 more points of alpha damage. And still get 7.5% faster cooldown.

Mjilaeck
Jun 10, 2012

Also, as an FYI, I'm going to bring back either the mechromancer or the MFT depending on time/:effort:-overcoming.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Mjilaeck posted:

Also, as an FYI, I'm going to bring back either the mechromancer or the MFT depending on time/:effort:-overcoming.

This is why c-bill donations from player to player should be a thing.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

WarLocke posted:

Haha no, I am a bad.

You're playing with a group of other players, not some solo autistic fantasy where you can overcome your self imposed handicap through the miracle of e-honour.

Stop it.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Marathanes posted:

This is why c-bill donations from player to player should be a thing.

PGI added gifting, though I think you can only gift MC or real money purchased mechs.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kylra posted:

OK fine I am patching the game.

just delete it and reinstall, it's faster

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

sebmojo posted:

just delete it and reinstall, it's faster

Or do it while you're at work.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

various cheeses posted:

Or do it while you're at work.

or suicide.

so many options now a days.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.
Everybody, I'm real sorry I haven't been around to mech. Been busy being a piece of poo poo in real life instead of being a piece of poo poo online with y'all, but I'll be on more frequently now. Just wanted to remind the homies how bad baby wants to fuuuuuuuck. I aint forget abouchu.

My first experiences with the CW were p.spectacular. Running drops with my rapewhistle, cicada 3m, founders missile cat and a dragonslayer was a refreshingly new take on the game (and not entirely ineffective).
It's so weird having such a boner for this garbage again, and being able to run weird fuckin' mech builds successfully brings us much pleasure in the wigglybits.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Logged in for the first time after reinstalling.. UI 2.0 huh? Where did the Centurion, Atlas and King Crab with an anime design on it that are now in my Mechlab appear from, was this a parting gift for spending a lot of money on founders then quitting?

Good to see after playing a few that I am still as terrible as I last remember.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

demonR6 posted:

Logged in for the first time after reinstalling.. UI 2.0 huh? Where did the Centurion, Atlas and King Crab with an anime design on it that are now in my Mechlab appear from, was this a parting gift for spending a lot of money on founders then quitting?

Good to see after playing a few that I am still as terrible as I last remember.

You're not terrible, you're unique. A diamond in the rough. Unrefined. Never put yrself down, strive to actualize your inner worth!

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

demonR6 posted:

The Atlas was for all founders, the cent was for any MC purchase before a certain date, and the King Crab was for buying the highest package level of any of the preorders.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Neo Helbeast posted:

The Atlas was for all founders, the cent was for any MC purchase before a certain date, and the King Crab was for buying the highest package level of any of the preorders.

I think the Atlas was for if you ever got any tier of a preorder package. Founders, Phoenix, Clans, etc.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

WarLocke posted:

The problem with smaller engines is twofold. You're slower and will eat more high precision shots on the approach, and you're turning slower, which once assuming you reach a brawl, is life.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Kazvall posted:

I think the Atlas was for if you ever got any tier of a preorder package. Founders, Phoenix, Clans, etc.

yeah, the atlas was definitely for if you have crippling alcohol issues and make impulse purchases at 3:30 in the morning.
I love my atlas!

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum

Great Beer posted:

SRM6's have 15 more points of alpha damage. And still get 7.5% faster cooldown.

I thought the point of SRM4s was to get a tighter grouping and to poo poo out less ammo? Confirm/deny.

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
For those re-patching after a very long time like myself, I found http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/115147-mwo-repair-tool-public-release/ to be much much faster and less stress on my machine than that lovely patcher. I ran the regular patcher for almost 2 hours and was up to 27/90 or something, the repair tool did everything in under 30 minutes. Maybe it already downloaded the big files, but the repair tool seemed to do the patchers job way better.

I used to run cicadas, booted it up and successfully ran a 2A with 3 large lasers in a few pubs, so old builds aren't that bad. With those new quirks 3c seems to have some sort of ERPPC fetish so that and 4mgs :getin:

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Fender posted:

I thought the point of SRM4s was to get a tighter grouping and to poo poo out less ammo? Confirm/deny.

Denied.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

RiperSnifel posted:

Everybody, I'm real sorry I haven't been around to mech. Been busy being a piece of poo poo in real life instead of being a piece of poo poo online with y'all, but I'll be on more frequently now. Just wanted to remind the homies how bad baby wants to fuuuuuuuck. I aint forget abouchu.

My first experiences with the CW were p.spectacular. Running drops with my rapewhistle, cicada 3m, founders missile cat and a dragonslayer was a refreshingly new take on the game (and not entirely ineffective).
It's so weird having such a boner for this garbage again, and being able to run weird fuckin' mech builds successfully brings us much pleasure in the wigglybits.

I look forward to being made fun of for my bad roboting skills again

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Denied, sorry SRM4s are only a better choice than SRM6s if you are like really tight on weight/space, or you have a 4 tube launcher hardpoint - because firing a single srm6 in two or more volleys is dumb.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Neo Helbeast posted:

Aside from founders mechs.. all three I mentioned have the same design.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Good news -- so long as you can be successfully herded, you can contribute to CW, even if your contribution is just absorbing autocannon rounds for other, better robots.

Also given the level of competition we've faced on the Davion border so far, even bad goons come off looking p. good.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

Pattonesque posted:

Good news -- so long as you can be successfully herded, you can contribute to CW, even if your contribution is just absorbing autocannon rounds for other, better robots.

Also given the level of competition we've faced on the Davion border so far, even bad goons come off looking p. good.

CW - the great goon equalizer

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I think I like you. I mean, LIKE like. Will you go with me to winter formal?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
How are the wolverine/shadow hawk/griffin medium mechs?

All I've known with mediums were centurians, but I saw this wolverine has dumb quirks that gives large pulse lasers like 50% more range. Grabbed that one and now I'm pretending to be a clan mech with stupid range high powered lasers.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Pattonesque posted:

That was somewhat tongue in cheek. I get the tactics and have herded a couple matches I am just awful at aiming. Riper gave me a few tips the other day in his usual 'kind' manner that made me less awful.

RiperSnifel posted:

I think I like you. I mean, LIKE like. Will you go with me to winter formal?

:swoon:

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Drakes posted:

All I've known with mediums were centurians, but I saw this wolverine has dumb quirks that gives large pulse lasers like 50% more range. Grabbed that one and now I'm pretending to be a clan mech with stupid range high powered lasers.

the shadowhawk is a versatile mech which previously could equip just about every go-to medium build better than the others but after the quirks, it doesn't do a single thing better outside of having amazing hitboxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Drakes posted:

Pre-quirk I was running a shadow hunk with an ac20 and 2 medium lasers and it was alarmingly effective. I've also run a hosed up build with 2x ac2 and an ac5 which was basically a cum juggling harasser of a gently caress machine. Lately I've been toting the double ac5 with a ppc, but I can't really confirm excellence because I barely use it.

I also build robbits on drunkgqs.

• Locked thread