Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'd drive it everywhere. I'd also install a massive soundsystem and have this playing on loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h75mqUm0lIo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Was about to post this. The part with the two Italian dudes arguing is so goddamn priceless and everything I picture New York to be. "Wha ya wanna go to the Alps in this thing?! Its for the beach!"

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
This is both good and terrible so I flipped a coin and it came up tails

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

atomicthumbs posted:

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012
that's something only very select goonlords will understand.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Talk about repressed memories there. Also :drat:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

atomicthumbs posted:

As a Ford guy, I laughed.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

atomicthumbs posted:

This is the greatest Loss edit ever, drat

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Plumber leaves decals on truck when trading it in. Truck ends up in hands of ISIS.

http://www.galvestondailynews.com/free/article_5f269ed2-8557-11e4-8588-37eb16686b02.html

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

Plumber leaves decals on truck when trading it in. Truck ends up in hands of ISIS.

http://www.galvestondailynews.com/free/article_5f269ed2-8557-11e4-8588-37eb16686b02.html

Tbh, if it weren't for the Arabic writing, I'd have just assumed it was Nevada or something. Even still, I'm still a little on the fence.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Throatwarbler posted:

quote:

He began receiving calls about the truck and the picture on Monday afternoon, Oberholtzer said. By Tuesday he said his business had received a thousand calls and faxes about the image.

Whhhhhhat?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Powershift posted:

Whhhhhhat?

Lots of businesses still use fax machines for some loving reason. Our main supplier of comics just phased them out last year.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I had to use a fax when I ran a small business a couple of years ago. Everybody wants orders and stuff in writing but can't be bothered to print from email or whatever (I don't know, maybe desk people have no printer access or have no clue?)

Glad I have one now, because getting out of poo poo and dealing with the crap and corporations etc (ie, bank, health insurance etc), has to be all in writing. It's a 70c stamp to send a letter, or I just replug the fax machine in and send a fax (often to a toll free number), so I choose fax.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fo3 posted:

I had to use a fax when I ran a small business a couple of years ago.
Glad I have one now, because getting out of poo poo and dealing with the crap and corporations etc (ie, bank, health insurance etc), has to be all in writing. It's a 70c stamp to send a letter, or I just replug the fax machine in and send a fax (often to a toll free number), so I choose fax.

i haven't been in a situation that couldn't be handled over e-mail in years.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Yeah, I know. Some businesses could do it, others wouldn't.
I have no idea why, different departments or level or whatever deal with email and they don't have printer access in some businesses?
Who knows. the fax is holy and equal to posted mail in some circles, while email means poo poo to them sometimes.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Throatwarbler posted:

Ha ha. It's a Texas shop.

1) Are we sure the artillery piece was not on the truck when he traded it in?
2) Has the owner seen this image? If so, is he pissed enough that he's on the next flight to Iraq with the arsenal we know he owns to take his truck back? I'd like to think so.

Edit: Google+ has already noticed https://plus.google.com/u/0/117312641323195928617/about?hl=en&gl=us

Aurune fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Dec 17, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also nothing really beats quitting a job via fax.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Also nothing really beats quitting a job via fax.

An endless ribbon of expletives, bookended by the resignation.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Unless somebody's forgotten to put paper in the thing and your letter is trapped in document purgatory for a month.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Or you put it wrong way up and they just get a blank sheet of paper.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Fo3 posted:

I have no idea why, different departments or level or whatever deal with email and they don't have printer access in some businesses?
Who knows. the fax is holy and equal to posted mail in some circles, while email means poo poo to them sometimes.

Fax has established legal backing while email doesn't have as much. You also don't have to worry about format and such; What you send is what they get. Getting the confirmation page printed off the fax is pretty much proof that the other end got it.

Horrible ev stuff: saw one of these for the first time the other day.

It is astoundingly ugly. It was definitely a BMW because it was parked across two handicap parking spots for absolutely no reason.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Fiat did it better.

Yes, those are wicker seats.

I'm pretty sure Fiat took over Chrysler just so they could unite the two fringe covered cars one corporate umbrella.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jammyozzy posted:

Unless somebody's forgotten to put paper in the thing and your letter is trapped in document purgatory for a month.

Oh no, I made sure I went in and loaded the drat thing. Fax-quitting was kind of all the rage back then. I had one guy use a fax machine at our warehouse to quit. He taped two pieces of paper together and then when it was halfway fed through he taped the other ends together so it just kept looping. He effectively tied up the fax line for something like 9 hours before somebody at the warehouse tried to use that machine and found his handiwork.

Another one was seven full page letters. First letter was an F.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Fo3 posted:

I routinely encounter people in the professional world who do not understand the difference between a browser and https://www.google.com. Hell, my parents still refuse to understand that you don't have to Google search everything you want to find on the internet, if you already know the address. They'll go to google.com first, and then type that bad boy into the search box instead of the address bar. My mother is still working as a bookkeeper, and my father only retired from his career a few months ago.

I had to submit receipts for travel-related reimbursement at a previous job, which I did with some scanning software on my phone. I asked the travel contact if I should send them as jpegs, or convert them to pdfs first, and she replied that she could only accept scans if they were embedded in a word document. :wtc:

Never underestimate the ability of people to cling to obsolete technology or processes because learning a new, faster method would impinge on their FarmVille time in the office.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

It is astoundingly ugly. It was definitely a BMW because it was parked across two handicap parking spots for absolutely no reason.

When this came out I thought it almost looked like a modern Isetta (minus that whole 'cheap+small' thing). Then after watching a video of some guy restoring an actual Isetta, no, it's just vomit on wheels. I guess the body is a shell that goes over the self-contained powertrain+frame so if they put someone blessed with the gift of sight on the project they can plop something decent on there.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 17, 2014

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

MrYenko posted:

I had to submit receipts for travel-related reimbursement at a previous job, which I did with some scanning software on my phone. I asked the travel contact if I should send them as jpegs, or convert them to pdfs first, and she replied that she could only accept scans if they were embedded in a word document. :wtc:

Hah, we have to raise the reimbursement form in SAP and then print it out, sign it, staple all the receipts to it, carry it upstairs and hand it to finance who will go back into SAP to approve/deny the claim. For reasons nobody knows the form gets 'Simulation' printed across the top when you print it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

jammyozzy posted:

Hah, we have to raise the reimbursement form in SAP and then print it out, sign it, staple all the receipts to it, carry it upstairs and hand it to finance who will go back into SAP to approve/deny the claim. For reasons nobody knows the form gets 'Simulation' printed across the top when you print it.

Oh god, I hate SAP

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

jammyozzy posted:

There's an obscure box checked somewhere in the configuration settings for that report

i have no personal experience with SAP but every ERP suite is a pile of poo poo like this

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

Fax has established legal backing while email doesn't have as much. You also don't have to worry about format and such; What you send is what they get. Getting the confirmation page printed off the fax is pretty much proof that the other end got it.

You saw it in the best colour too, the white with black bits one just makes it look really loving odd.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

I wonder if he worked on BP's pipes. . .

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
https://mobile.craigslist.org/cto/4800255945.html

quote:

1992 Ford F350 6 Door Truck
Extended bed (11 Ft)
7.3L Diesel - Naturally aspirated
83,000 original miles
4 WD - 11-24. 5 Tires and wheels
Interior is complete and looks factory
All modifications were made keeping factory build in mind
3 fuel tanks with factory fills and factory selector on dashboard
electric sliding rear window
Only serious buyers will be entertained

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm going for it: Everyone is entertained, except for the seller.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
There are probably small ships that have a smaller turning radius than that...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Wrong thread. I'd make sure it was REALLY well reinforced and then put a full length pool in the back.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Shifty Pony posted:

I love those and would drive one every day if I had the money for one and a place to charge it (This 100 year old house would be ashes before one full charge) if whatever mechanical engine it has isn't enough to keep it topped up.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Whew I was afraid I was the only one. I don't mind the looks at all, and that black and white one 88h88 posted is great!

And since I like the i3 and HATE the styling of the new Corvette, I guess I'm now terrible car stuff?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

amenenema posted:

Whew I was afraid I was the only one. I don't mind the looks at all, and that black and white one 88h88 posted is great!

And since I like the i3 and HATE the styling of the new Corvette, I guess I'm now terrible car stuff?

Not at all. The styling is absolutely weird, with random shapes and differently colored panels for no apparent reason... but it has a weird almost sci-fi aesthetic that I can't help but like.

I fully understand why some people find it ugly, though. And I suspect it won't age too well.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

88h88 posted:

You saw it in the best colour too, the white with black bits one just makes it look really loving odd.

Eh. I could learn to love it. And at a 100 mile battery range, has the VW eGolf whooped.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 17, 2014

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
This is so nerdy, but I swear the i3 looks exactly like a car being advertised in the last Deus Ex game and make the association every time I see it. It's like somebody traced it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Push, Mrs Overfinch, push!