Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

what the gently caress is that from

It's a clip from the After Hours series on Cracked.com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's true. I was exposed to such a massive sea of dong when I was in that now I see it everywhere. When I get to hell, I expect Lucifer to be sitting on an iron throne of the thickest, veiniest cocks I have ever seen.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Yeah, I mean, I'm as 'stick it to the loving Russians' as any (reasonable) man, but I don't think anyone intended to totally bottom out their economy in a week.
I think Obama is way more stone-cold and ruthless than people think he is. Right-wingers think he's a beta-male wimp and left-wingers think he's kind of a brainy diplomat. But his foreign policy tools are assassination and wrecking rival economies. He's into waiting and solving practical problems.

Oh and he's really into basketball where coaches talk about needing to have that kind of mentality

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 17, 2014

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
West Coast longshore have been working since the summer without a contract and are now working to rule, following every single work rule to the letter. Hope noone is moving poo poo through LA/LB, Oak or Seattle for Christmas.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

lightpole posted:

West Coast longshore have been working since the summer without a contract and are now working to rule, following every single work rule to the letter. Hope noone is moving poo poo through LA/LB, Oak or Seattle for Christmas.

There's a ton of poo poo that has been delayed like hell coming through Long Beach. I know just from stupid video game poo poo coming through there that is being delayed like hell.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Happydayz posted:

well thats a seriously bleak way to look at it.

Help me understand the not bleak approach we can take to two dozen children being killed, thanks

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Wingnut Ninja posted:

It's a clip from the After Hours series on Cracked.com.

The stuff I used is from the last episode of Season 1 specifically.

The whole series is great, though.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

That looks like an uncut dick with the head sticking out.

They got the size right. :mmmsmug:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

maffew buildings posted:

Wish we could see the internal ISI response and what they tell Paki military and civilian officals. Maybe they'll stop being dickheads and Pakistan can get it together to start eliminating these assholes (requires ISI not be terrible human beings, won't happen)

I mentioned this several pages ago but the people who carried out the attack are Pakistani Taliban, which the Pakistan government is already trying to eliminate (hence why they regularly indiscriminately bomb up and down the FATA).

It's the Afghan Taliban who the ISI and Pakistan government all but openly support, and this will do absolutely nothing to change their stance on that because India. Exhibit A:

Paradise Lost posted:

A Pakistani officer in one of my co-workers classes spent 15 minutes today attempting to explain how it was really India behind the school attacks.

A bunch of kids dead sucks no matter what but gently caress Pakistan so much.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

There's a ton of poo poo that has been delayed like hell coming through Long Beach. I know just from stupid video game poo poo coming through there that is being delayed like hell.

What normally takes 2 days to get through is taking 7+. Some of my friends have a business expiditing containers for people that really want them. It costs around $15k/box, my friends are only adding in a small % on top.

The port can't do much about it since it's not a strike and not a slowdown, it's really hard to stop and Obama is not interested in getting involved.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

maffew buildings posted:

Help me understand the not bleak approach we can take to two dozen children being killed, thanks

They weren't American children.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

lightpole posted:

What normally takes 2 days to get through is taking 7+. Some of my friends have a business expiditing containers for people that really want them. It costs around $15k/box, my friends are only adding in a small % on top.

The port can't do much about it since it's not a strike and not a slowdown, it's really hard to stop and Obama is not interested in getting involved.

You know you have a great job when you can bring poo poo to a grinding halt just by following all the rules as written.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Dead Reckoning posted:

You know you have a great job when you can bring poo poo to a grinding halt just by following all the rules as written.

This is GiP. We all have had that job.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
If you were to try to follow all the rules simultaneously you would explode. First you'd be paralyzed from all the contradictions, and then after you missed a formation you'd reach critical mass.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

lightpole posted:

It's a good thing I already did all my ordering, only waiting on 1 more item and I'm pretty sure it's going to come from Sacramento.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

Dead Reckoning posted:

It speaks just as much to all the poo poo companies implement just to cover their own rear end and getting upset when you actually follow it and can't get anything done. If those rules were actually meant for worker safety they wouldn't be looking to Obama to step in.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
not really its more like they just shuffle their lazy rear end as slow and as obscurely as possible but still technically be moving. yall need to learn poo poo a bout unions i thought yall were hardcore leftists up in here

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

lightpole posted:

On my first ship the third was dropped off in India after being found at the bottom of a ladder complaining of back pain. The Indian doctors couldn't find anything wrong with him (we figured he had faked the injury as he was about to be fired) and he was sitting up in bed talking to the agent when he had a heart attack and died.

http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21636108-westerners-region-are-increasingly-being-targeted-crosshairs

Summary of the recent IS attacks, the Australian one fits in with this pattern.

Not really. The guy had lost an appeal three days earlier, was set to be tried on 40 odd sexual assualt charges, and as an accessory to his wife's murder. He was an allround douchebag - he sent letters to the families of australian servicemen who had died in iraq calling them dirty pigs, and referenced hitler. He went in to the cafe and took the hostages, and then demanded an ISIS flag because he didn't have the right one. The two hostage deaths weren't planned - the owner of the cafe attempted to take the gun off Monis and got killed, and the other death occured when one of the hostages had a heart attack when the police entered the building using force

This is more crazy loon with impending jail time takes hostages rather than some ISIS terrar cell causing death and destruction.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

lightpole posted:

That's like 3/4s of the equation. The other 1/4 being drivers driven to the breaking point by long lines(like 4 hours) at the port caused by chassis issues* and increased vessel sizes(amplifying the chassis issue). Steamship lines are beginning to divert their freight away from LA/LB but there is only so many other ports to call.

Of course, once they get a contract it just means that everyone from that point west will get slammed with containers for weeks while LA/LB get caught up. Next couple of months are going to suck.

*Chassis issues being a whole host of problems that would be meaningless/boring to anyone that doesn't know about containers already.

The work rule thing is very much a 2 way street and its difficult to say exactly who is the rear end in a top hat without knowing the rules they operate on. If you do know the rules, remember that you can't use the phrase 'common sense' when evaluating any of these rules. Besides that, its hard to feel pity for longshoremen making $70k/yr w/ excellent benefits(one of the sticking points is healthcare, namely making these guys pay a portion of it) who are trying to hold someone's Christmas hostage.

vains fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Dec 17, 2014

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Besides that, its hard to feel pity for longshoremen making $70k/yr w/ excellent benefits(one of the sticking points is healthcare, namely making these guys pay a portion of it) who are trying to hold someone's Christmas hostage.

Always amazing to see human adults failing to reason more effectively than crabs in a bucket.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

westyx posted:

Not really. The guy had lost an appeal three days earlier, was set to be tried on 40 odd sexual assualt charges, and as an accessory to his wife's murder. He was an allround douchebag - he sent letters to the families of australian servicemen who had died in iraq calling them dirty pigs, and referenced hitler. He went in to the cafe and took the hostages, and then demanded an ISIS flag because he didn't have the right one. The two hostage deaths weren't planned - the owner of the cafe attempted to take the gun off Monis and got killed, and the other death occured when one of the hostages had a heart attack when the police entered the building using force

This is more crazy loon with impending jail time takes hostages rather than some ISIS terrar cell causing death and destruction.

ISIS has actively been egging on lone wolf attacks, rather than operating in coordinated cells. This is exactly what they're hoping for: disturbed or pissed off people on the margins of society who will pull stunts in their name. The whole point is to remove the paper trail and potential house of cards that comes with a well coordinated network, instead banking on the fact that the Timothy McVeighs of the world have just as much potential to scare people as the IRA.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I hate his brother like poison, but I don't have any feelings one way or another about Jeb. He doesn't seem like a guy that you elect to office, he seems more like someone that gets appointed to stuff and quoted on CNN a lot.

Although come to think of it being elected governor of Florida seems like it should disqualify you from holding higher office.

Jeb Bush would be a not terrible choice for president.

He wouldn't change much. Wouldn't get anything of real importance done. And he won't appoint anyone of note.

Basically it would be 4-8 years of "I think something happened??".

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

psydude posted:

ISIS has actively been egging on lone wolf attacks, rather than operating in coordinated cells. This is exactly what they're hoping for: disturbed or pissed off people on the margins of society who will pull stunts in their name. The whole point is to remove the paper trail and potential house of cards that comes with a well coordinated network, instead banking on the fact that the Timothy McVeighs of the world have just as much potential to scare people as the IRA.

It also has the additional scare factor of being essentially impossible to protect against. And most the ineffectual measures desperate politicians will come up with will probably end up just making life harder on minorities, which in turn risks confirming the world view of some nutball on the internet.

Genocide Tendency posted:

He wouldn't change much. Wouldn't get anything of real importance done. And he won't appoint anyone of note.

Depends on who he gets for VP/closest adviser.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Afghan insurgents stormed a bank in Helmand killing at least 10 and 3 policemen. Five suicide bombers raided a branch of New Kabul Bank. One attacker blew himself up at the entrance to grant the others entrance. Reporting 15 wounded, including six members of security forces.

Phone posting in a meeting no link

Busy few days in the middle east

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

That's what I thought W Bush would be like.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I thought the same thing about his brother and that's how a bunch of you ended up wondering how sand kept getting into the crack of your rear end.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I thought the same thing about his brother and that's how a bunch of you ended up wondering how sand kept getting into the crack of your rear end.

Too be fair. It would have been the same if it wasn't for Osama Bin Layinginacasket filing flight plans rivaling John Denver's.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Most Pakistanis believe she's a CIA/Mossad asset so I'm not sure what this point of this ad is.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:
The bottom frame of her laying on the bed is unnerving.

Analogical fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Dec 17, 2014

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Getting shot in the head and continuing to carry on anyway is pretty metal.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Out of all the world leaders not to push, I rank Putin very highly at the top of that list. Actually he's the only person on that list. There's a few other people who would retaliate but have no means to. I'm not saying Russia is armed to the teeth given most of their gear is from the Cold War, but they're armed enough to make it uncomfortable for us, and especially uncomfortable (re: fiery) for eastern Europe. Especially seeing as we don't know the full capability of Russian cyber forces, which is their biggest asset and they've known that.

Personally I see Snowden was a tool to distract an already divided major populace from blatant aggression in Ukraine as well as set American intelligence back at no cost to Russia. Brazil, which has been creating closer ties to Russia and China in the past five years, also immediately announced the construction of new submarine cables and internet exchange points that will move the flow of data from US to Russian and Chinese control.

When Putin's done, he will film himself executing then slowly carving his own name into Snowden's chest, then sign the video with a notarized letter of authenticity and then possibly tweet it before hanging Snowden's body from the nearest bridge draped in a Russian flag. And absolutely nobody in the world will ever think it wasn't America that killed him.

He can do, basically, whatever he loving wants right now. Obama proved that to him when despite shooting a civilian airliner out of the sky received 1/8th the media coverage of Malaysian Airlines, Ferguson, or the latest in a series of extremely overly-covered events that are completely shadowed in importance to what's happening in Europe, but does obscure the fact that America didn't do and couldn't do poo poo about it but condemn the actions at the U.N.

He needs to throw the hammer and sickle back onto the Kremlin and cut the charade. Opening the last military parade with the soviet anthem was thinly veiled enough. He's been itching to do it for 20 years and honestly let's just start this loving war already and move on with what will be left of our lives and probably moderately radiated land.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Analogical posted:

He needs to throw the hammer and sickle back onto the Kremlin and cut the charade. Opening the last military parade with the soviet anthem was thinly veiled enough. He's been itching to do it for 20 years and honestly let's just start this loving war already and move on with what will be left of our lives and probably moderately radiated land.

You show a profound lack of faith in the American can-do spirit. We'll have that background radiation up so hot that even a cockroach would be burnt to a crisp if it dared show its face on the blasted surface.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Time to form the Neo-Red Army Faction.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Welp, the US and Cuba are in talks right now to re-establish diplomatic relations and reopen embassies.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

psydude posted:

Welp, the US and Cuba are in talks right now to re-establish diplomatic relations and reopen embassies.

I like how we banish Cuba for sixty years for almost helping someone else maybe bomb us.

Japan blows the poo poo out of Hawaii but god drat do they make nice TVs

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Analogical posted:

I like how we banish Cuba for sixty years for almost helping someone else maybe bomb us.

I like how it's more permissible to vacation in North Korea than Cuba.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Would visit the gently caress out of Havana. Actually, I guess we can do that already, but I prefer direct flights TYVM.

Speaking of which, does being stationed in Guantanamo get boring as gently caress? The area outside the base is only a few square miles, right?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

Analogical posted:

Maybe if they were more like the Chinese and had something to bring to the table we could negotiate but I'm going to stand firmly by my no communists allowed principles until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Cuba would have a huge economic boom if we re-established ties and opened up trade & travel there.

• Locked thread