Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

Are you telling me that there are no schools that are no longer serving Pork because of Muslim children or that the fact that they exist is not a problem?

This for example is not a problem. Providing everyone at school, university and at work with meals that agree with their religion is utterly trivial. Have at least two different meal options. Always have a vegetarian option. Declare what kind of meat is in the non-vegetarian meal. Done! and there should be at least two meal options anyways, because there is always people with allergies and so on and if there are two meal options it is more likely that at least one will be ok.

Schools serving no pork is at most a temporary occurrence, because people are sometimes retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

This for example is not a problem. Providing everyone at school, university and at work with meals that agree with their religion is utterly trivial. Have at least two different meal options. Always have a vegetarian option. Declare what kind of meat is in the non-vegetarian meal. Done! and there should be at least two meal options anyways, because there is always people with allergies and so on and if there are two meal options it is more likely that at least one will be ok.

Schools serving no pork is at most a temporary occurrence, because people are sometimes retarded.

Well the problem is that schools are putting it in ther request for proposals (Ausschreibung) that you are not allowed to server pork as the meat option, because of Muslim children. I think it's okay to have 2 options and to make one of them vegetarion/halaal/glutenfree whatever, but to say "well you can eat beef and chicken" and ban Pork is wrong.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

GaussianCopula posted:

Are you telling me that there are no schools that are no longer serving Pork because of Muslim children or that the fact that they, schools that don't serve pork, exist is not a problem?

I don't eat much pork in my private live anyway, and if children get more healthy, less environmentally damaging AND cheaper chicken instead I think this is in fact not a problem.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

Are you telling me that there are no schools that are no longer serving Pork because of Muslim children or that the fact that they, schools that don't serve pork, exist is not a problem?

The general procedure in any school cafeteria I've seen is to always offer at least two meal options, with at least one of them being vegetarian. The one in the school I've personally went to just made sure that this vegetarian choice also aligned with kosher and halal practices, so that most children could still have their culturally important Bratwurst (:laffo:) while jewish or muslim students could just take the vegetarian options on those days.

That is when everyone didn't just go to the kebab store around the corner anyway, because gently caress cafeteria food.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Honj Steak posted:

In other news:

http://www.abendblatt.de/kultur-live/article135457312/Heftige-Diskussion-um-AfD-Anzeige-gegen-Kampnagel-Chefin.html

A theatre director from Hamburg gives shelter to refugees from Africa and gets sued by the AfD.

Highlight:

"In einer anderen gesellschaftlichen Form würde Ihnen etwas ganz anderes blühen als diese Anzeige."

Personally, I find it funny to see people like this one always forgetting they could end up on the receiving end, too. Let's forget for a moment someone outed himself openly as a Nazi and enemy of the state by stating this bullshit, If you go by this childish logic the obvious answer would be:

"Und in wieder einer anderen gesellschaftlichen Form wäre ich Herzog und würde euch Bauern häuten lassen für eure Frechheit."

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Did we seriously go from agreeing that some inflammatory flyer with things that either aren't happening or non-representative is dumb to, in detail, discussing one of the things that isn't happening and dissecting it on its feasibility because some dude launched into a tirade about it with an opening of "Actually, a lot of their points are, in fact, true" while yet to provide a citation?

poo poo is shameful.

/edit
To clarify, if hundreds and thousands of schools/kindergärten bundesweit have cut out pork completely, I'll just take my hat and kindly excuse my not-up-to-speed rear end from this discussion, but my impression is that their point is some wicked hyperbole based on that one case in Betzeldorf like 5 years ago.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Did we seriously go from agreeing that some inflammatory flyer with things that either aren't happening or non-representative is dumb to, in detail, discussing one of the things that isn't happening and dissecting it on its feasibility because some dude launched into a tirade about it with an opening of "Actually, a lot of their points are, in fact, true" while yet to provide a citation?

poo poo is shameful.

Wintermarkt : http://www.bz-berlin.de/berlin/friedrichshain-kreuzberg/weihnachtsmarkt-soll-wintermarkt-heissen
Lichterfest: http://www1.wdr.de/fernsehen/aks/themen/stmartinblog100.html
No Pork in schools: http://www.focus.de/familie/schule/integration/wie-integration-funktioniert-islam-und-schule_id_2002996.html , http://www.wiesbadener-kurier.de/lo...us_14854868.htm (not as concrete because it's a schoo level decision)
Salafisten vs. Kurds: http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/hamburger-steindamm-randale-zwischen-kurden-und-salafisten-a-996055.html
"Juden ab ins Gas": http://www.cicero.de/berliner-republik/gaza-konflikt-und-europa-der-judenhass-ist-wieder-da/57962

The other 2 statements are stupid because the one is very unspecific and the other is just not true, about 13% of Asylum seekers are granted Asylum, we should atleast assume that they are abusing the system.

Edit:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

/edit
To clarify, if hundreds and thousands of schools/kindergärten bundesweit have cut out pork completely, I'll just take my hat and kindly excuse my not-up-to-speed rear end from this discussion, but my impression is that their point is some wicked hyperbole based on that one case in Betzeldorf like 5 years ago.

I dont have numbers on it and can't be arsed to search for them but it seems to be a trend that schools try to integrate Muslims better by catering to their wishes and demanding "no pork" when requesting proposals (Ausschreiben) catering.

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 17, 2014

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

You are what's wrong with Germany.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GaussianCopula posted:

I see a problem with schools and kindergärten betraying our German heritage (Bratwurst, Schnitzel)
Why do reactionaries always pick the worst battles? Why is the German culture that seemingly needs defence stuff like

* eating pigs in general
* eating pigs in a specific form
* eating pigs in another specific form

I do have my weak moments of Kulturpessimism, but then I worry about an end to centuries of humanism - of an end to a tradition of Freiheit und Brürderlichkeit (such as: giving people the freedom to not eat pork, giving refuges shelter), not to an end of loving Bratwurst.
Maybe I worry about people forgetting Brecht and Bach and what have you. Bratwurst? Really?

Edit: for example, opting out of sexual education ("Sexualkundeunterricht") for religious reasons is something I'm against.

Torrannor posted:

I don't eat much pork in my private live anyway, and if children get more healthy, less environmentally damaging AND cheaper chicken instead I think this is in fact not a problem.
Reminds one of the old Climate Change argument - even if no climate catastrophe is imminent, the worst we have done is improve technology, economy, the environment, pollution and world peace.

Cingulate fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 17, 2014

schoenfelder
Oct 16, 2009

Grade moj...
Nice citing Gunnar Schupelius, the Franz Josef Wagner of noted tabloid rag BZ, as a credible source.

Here's a thorough debunking of the Wintermarkt bullshit that taz published today: http://www.taz.de/Mythos-Winterfeste-in-Berlin/!151427/
Tl; dr: it's fabricated bullshit that somebody pulled out of their arse and that gets repeated by people who would rather push an agenda than check their facts.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Here's a nice article about the load of crap these idiots made up about a non-existing "Wintermarkt" in Kreuzberg.
http://taz.de/Mythos-Winterfeste-in-Berlin/!151427/

The best thing is that not only is it all bullshit, the thing that actually happened was that a ramadan(!) celebration had to change its name.

But it's probably not worth it to mention facts to people who think that those who dare to help other people are the ones responsible for racism. Or that they are literally repeating the arguments of those defending the pogroms of the early 90s.

Edit: Well, 3 minutes too late :)

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Xenophobic Germans are lying scum.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
und hier mal was zum Lichterfest

http://www.bildblog.de/52757/sonne-mond-und-untergang-des-abendlandes/

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

GaussianCopula posted:

I dont have numbers on it and can't be arsed to search for them but it seems to be a trend that schools try to integrate Muslims better by catering to their wishes and demanding "no pork" when requesting proposals (Ausschreiben) catering.

I contemplated writing up a longwinded post debunking, in detail, your reasoning, but "Your reasoning is why Pegida is gaining followers." wraps it up nicely.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

GaussianCopula posted:

Or maybe they want schoolchildren to eat healthy food instead of fettes Schweinefleisch, did you ever think about that?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Pigs, too, are pretty cute. Please stop demanding everyone eat them, Germans.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

Did you somehow not read the very article you posted that stated that such decisions are generally almost entirely up to the caterer supplying the food, rather than the school itself? Besides, it's pretty much their job to set up a meal plan that is appealing to all students on a limited budget. They generally don't serve liver or Sülze because most kids wouldn't eat that stuff, and curiously nobody raises a stink about that. If there's only room for a single meal per day and a significant part of their consumer base won't eat pork for whatever reason, then delivering pork anyways and telling those kids to eat poo poo instead is just plain failing at their job.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

It's sad how idiots blame foreigners, who as a group are more beneficial for Germany than the average German, for being a burden on society, while they keep getting robbed by the rich.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Came here to post this :argh:

In the same vein: the authors thoughs about the relationship between BILD and Perdiga

http://www.bildblog.de/search/winterm%C3%A4rkte/

(BILD-Leser sind halt doch blöder)

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

Nope

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

Well the problem is that schools are putting it in ther request for proposals (Ausschreibung) that you are not allowed to server pork as the meat option, because of Muslim children. I think it's okay to have 2 options and to make one of them vegetarion/halaal/glutenfree whatever, but to say "well you can eat beef and chicken" and ban Pork is wrong.

"and ban Pork is wrong"

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

icantfindaname posted:

"and ban Pork is wrong"

actually that's grammatically correct

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

icantfindaname posted:

"and ban Pork is wrong"

Twenty years later the heart rebells and ends the tyranny of pork.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

blowfish posted:

actually that's grammatically correct

In any case it's not punctuated or capitalized correctly. I know you Germans love your capital letters but we don't tolerate that sort of stuff round these parts

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
An interesting take on pediga:

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/inland/pegida-demonstrationen-politisch-heimatlos-13325651.html

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

People get hosed and then proceed to blame foreigners. How very human. A classic used by the exploiters during all ages. Divida et impera.

SPD, Linke and Grüne are supposed to protect the people from getting hosed by the elites. It's their fault to some degree.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

SPD,... and Grüne are supposed to protect the people from getting hosed by the elites.

Since when? They're both CDU light. gently caress them.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I think my pig is whistling. Has anyone considered that these Muslim children are Germans? Born and raised as Germans with just as much right to be here and have their religion respected as any other German? The Islamic faith IS German.

If the story is true, let the schools buy the food that's best for all the children. And anyway, cafeteria food is not some fundamental right, it's a necessary evil that everyone has to cope with through out their entire life. It breaks my loving heart every single day to see what kind of crap they managed to scrape from the gutter this time and how much they are going to charge for it. :byobear:

Also: Dear German society, you chose to be an immigration society over two generations ago and it turned out to be a fantastic AND irreversible decision. So maybe it's finally time to give this whole identity-crisis schtick a rest after so many years and move on with your life? Thanks.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

bronin posted:

Since when? They're both CDU light. gently caress them.

1) Yes, gently caress them.
2) SPD was supposed to be the pro-workers party and Grüne were supposed to be the pro-minorities party.

waitwhatno posted:

Also: Dear German society, you chose to be an immigration society over two generations ago and it turned out to be a fantastic AND irreversible decision. So maybe it's finally time to give this whole identity-crisis schtick a rest after so many years and move on with your life? Thanks.

CDU/CSU mantra over two generations: "We are not an immigration society. All those foreigners will leave, let's not make them feel at home."

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

SPD, Linke and Grüne are supposed to protect the people from getting hosed by the elites. It's their fault to some degree.

The walls and ceiling of the room where plastered with newspapers about the achievements of Gerhard Schröder and his Red-Green coalition. The newspaper muffled the sound of the figure coiled together in the corner, rocking back and forth while whispering, "SPD and Grüne are supposed to protect people from getting gucked by the elites. SPD and Grüne are supposed to protect people from getting gucked by the elites."

waitwhatno posted:

The Islamic faith IS German.

Please don't reduce the essence of being German down to antisemitism. The war was over sixty years ago. :(

Randler fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 17, 2014

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

What is 'gucked'? Do you mean 'cucked'? Cause that's pretty hot.

Also the only truly German faith is 'Ordnung muss sein.'

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

2) SPD was supposed to be the pro-workers party and Grüne were supposed to be the pro-minorities party.

SPD killed Luxemburg and Liebknecht, gently caress them forever.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

CDU/CSU mantra over two generations: "We are not an immigration society. All those foreigners will leave, let's not make them feel at home."

I have no problem with getting rid of Bavaria, lets push it into the sea. Just let me get out first and we can start right away.

Randler posted:

Please don't reduce the essence of being German down to antisemitism. The war was over sixty years ago. :(

Muslims can learn so much about exterminating the Jewish race from us. I don't really get Immigrationsverweigerer.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Orange Devil posted:

SPD killed Luxemburg and Liebknecht, gently caress them forever.

:goonsay:

That argument is about as retarded as saying 'Germans killed 6 million Jews, gently caress them forever.'

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
SPD screwed me out of my rightful pay. gently caress them forever. :colbert:

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
I take it Hartz IV hit you hard, then?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Badly Jester posted:

I take it Hartz IV hit you hard, then?

If real estate prices in my area continue they way they are Hartz IV would eventually start to pay like extremely well taking KdU into account. :razz:

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Possibly the worst thing about all the fringe right stuff is that it makes it harder to improve our immigrant problem in a reasonable manner - by painting it as Germans vs. Immigrants or whatever, instead of a complex multifactorial problem of German society. If I were an immigrant, I probably wouldn't feel especially incentivised towards integration when people tell me they don't want my kind around. Or more fundamentally, when people reinforce the impression that this is an us vs. them problem, that immigrants are different from Germans, that they are not Germans.

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

It's sad how idiots blame foreigners, who as a group are more beneficial for Germany than the average German
By what measure?

I wouldn't necessarily call that original, but yes, there is the danger that eventually, marginalising these voices is no longer going to work. I have no idea how we'd be able to deal with that, ever.
So far, Germany has done reasonably well with trying to suppress racism by enforcing political correctness - giving people who had such opinions the impression that it's NOT OKAY to talk like that in public. And so far, that's worked okay. But maybe it will eventually fail.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Cingulate posted:

By what measure?

Amount of taxes etc. paid minus benefits received.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Amount of taxes etc. paid minus benefits received.
Source?