Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

jeff8472 posted:

Age of Ultron sets, in april

Once again, Black Widow only comes with the Quintjet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I quite like most of those. Hulkbuster especially. And the tower, and the Quinjet. And the Hydra ones. poo poo, I like them all. Even that little Ultron hover thingy looks nice. It's most of the Lego things I like, towers and robots and planes and jeeps. All it's missing is a dinosaur/dragon/monster thing.

The actual sets look to be quite improved to me. From the Marvel stuff they've released already,there were a bunch of sets with minifigures I wanted but the actual sets weren't the sort of thing I like. And I'd feel like a great big sucker if I bought them just for the figures. Specifically I mean the one with Hulk and Thor and some other dudes. The set just looks like a bunch of disconnected bits. Not really my thing, I prefer things to display rather than play with when it comes to Lego. Except with planes and spaceships, those need swooshing.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

McDragon posted:

I quite like most of those. Hulkbuster especially. And the tower, and the Quinjet. And the Hydra ones. poo poo, I like them all. Even that little Ultron hover thingy looks nice. It's most of the Lego things I like, towers and robots and planes and jeeps. All it's missing is a dinosaur/dragon/monster thing.

The actual sets look to be quite improved to me. From the Marvel stuff they've released already,there were a bunch of sets with minifigures I wanted but the actual sets weren't the sort of thing I like. And I'd feel like a great big sucker if I bought them just for the figures. Specifically I mean the one with Hulk and Thor and some other dudes. The set just looks like a bunch of disconnected bits. Not really my thing, I prefer things to display rather than play with when it comes to Lego. Except with planes and spaceships, those need swooshing.

Yeah the only set I've actually really liked for its intrinsic cool factor and not just the minifigs was the first quinjet. I wonder if the new one will be better? Looks more streamlined. Also as much as the wings aren't my favorite part of the old model, I'm not sure I like what they've done with the ones on this set, where it's held on by a couple technic joints and ends in a jedi interceptor flap.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Research Institutes are back in stock in the Natick store. If you missed your chances earlier, now is the time to act!

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

The_Doctor posted:

Once again, Black Widow only comes with the Quintjet.

Buying the poo poo out of that Quinjet anyway. I understand your point, but at least she's in probably the only set of the line I plan on getting.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Someone at work got me a BestLock set as a small Christmas present because they knew I liked Lego and don't know any better. Good god you can't even put the set together. Tolerances are all over the place. I got about 4 pieces together and said gently caress it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
crossposting from some drat thread

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's a version of the 1x1 round bit with a ball on it that has a rod instead of the ball, does anyone know what that part is called? Seems like it'd be perfect for small MOCs, I have one but that's it. Probably a really old piece though.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

shymog posted:

It was the Lake City store. She says they had 4-6 boxes so it sounds like you're about right with how they purchase.

I stopped by my FM just on impulse, and they actually had one ransacked box of S13 on the shelf. And 4 boxes of Simpsons minifigs.
Grabbed 18 of the 19 in there, and was 100% accurate in my groping! Sadly, no unicorns, hot dogs, samurai, kings, or archaeologists were to be had. Now only a single Sheriff remains.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Based on my experience last night pinching series 12 bags to fill out a list of stocking stuffers, if you want to get specific figures doing it when the series is close to being retired seems like the way to go. Target had 4 boxes on the shelf and I found every single figure before finishing the first.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

anotherblownsave posted:

My son is gonna have one hell of a Christmas. I picked up the lego train. Set 60052. He's been asking for it for over a year, and would specifically ask to go to the store to see the train. I can't wait to see his face.

I didn't even notice that set, and now that you pointed it out, I want it too. Pretty sure this thread has more than tripled the purchases I would normally make because of all the recommendations in here... Keep them coming, because I've been loving every purchase (so glad I got the space pimp limo).

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Mine GO BOOM posted:

I didn't even notice that set, and now that you pointed it out, I want it too. Pretty sure this thread has more than tripled the purchases I would normally make because of all the recommendations in here... Keep them coming, because I've been loving every purchase (so glad I got the space pimp limo).

It's not a big set but 60083, snowplow truck, is pretty cool. It's been very popular in our store, which I've attributed to the fact that it's very "New England."

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Neurion posted:

It's not a big set but 60083, snowplow truck, is pretty cool. It's been very popular in our store, which I've attributed to the fact that it's very "New England."

I thought that looked kinda neat, although it seems kinda narrow for its height. The lift it has to accommodate the tires, mostly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This is going to sound a bit weird, but I am looking for very specific parts, and they're fairly rare even if they're not particularly desired pieces: old Bionicle canister lids. The thing about them is that they're actual Lego pieces, they've got axle and pin holes in multiple places on most of them, but the majority of them likely got recycled/thrown out with the rest of the canister, unfortunately. Bricklink isn't very helpful, with most of the ones for sale either being outside the US, or only one being for sale in a store that doesn't have much else to buy, making it prohibitively expensive to get them thanks to the shipping cost. I'm talking about these specific pieces, the tops, not the canisters themselves:

I can buy/trade for them, and I'm interested in all colors of each where applicable. The Kraata Tub top appears to be by far the hardest to find, since those loving things weren't really mass-produced to begin with. If anyone can help me with this, it'd be much appreciated. I've only been able to get two of any single color at most, and I want to get at least six of each for...reasons.

edit: I am willing to trade collectible minifigs for them, not 1:1, but we can talk depending on how many you have and what minifigs you're looking for.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

shymog posted:

Wife went to Fred Meyer today and picked up some series 13 minifigures. No Hot Dog man, but I like my sci-fi/fantasy themed minifigures.

The squiddy head on the Ming the merciless body would make an awesome Mind Flayer

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Neurion posted:

I didn't know Walter White plowed snow.

Also, New England plows should be all orange! :colbert:

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

This is going to sound a bit weird, but I am looking for very specific parts, and they're fairly rare even if they're not particularly desired pieces: old Bionicle canister lids. The thing about them is that they're actual Lego pieces, they've got axle and pin holes in multiple places on most of them, but the majority of them likely got recycled/thrown out with the rest of the canister, unfortunately. Bricklink isn't very helpful, with most of the ones for sale either being outside the US, or only one being for sale in a store that doesn't have much else to buy, making it prohibitively expensive to get them thanks to the shipping cost. I'm talking about these specific pieces, the tops, not the canisters themselves:

I can buy/trade for them, and I'm interested in all colors of each where applicable. The Kraata Tub top appears to be by far the hardest to find, since those loving things weren't really mass-produced to begin with. If anyone can help me with this, it'd be much appreciated. I've only been able to get two of any single color at most, and I want to get at least six of each for...reasons.

edit: I am willing to trade collectible minifigs for them, not 1:1, but we can talk depending on how many you have and what minifigs you're looking for.

I think I still have a bunch of these in the basement at my parents' place, I could check into it when I go home for the holidays. I'd definitely be willing to trade.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Just invade anyone in Edmonton is looking for the Research institute, the LEGO store has at least a dozen as of a few minutes ago.

Here I was thinking I'd never get one.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Captain Invictus posted:

Son. Of. A. Bitch. I threw the Kraata top away not two weeks ago. I poo poo you not. I got it in a bag at the Goodwill and, having no use for it and thinking no one would want a top, junked it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Just remember, they're actual lego pieces made using the same plastic most of the time, so you're actually throwing away Legos. You should be ashamed! ASHAMED!

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
Oh god I threw them out too, a couple months ago. Whoops.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I believe I still have the canisters from my Throwbots and Roboriders, somewhere.

There were instructions for combining Roboriders which used the lids as wheels, otherwise I would've tossed them.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Fatkraken posted:

The squiddy head on the Ming the merciless body would make an awesome Mind Flayer

Oh paint his head red, put him on a body piece with a labcoat, and bam, you gots you're own little Dr.Z.

:zoid:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Twobirds posted:

Oh god I threw them out too, a couple months ago. Whoops.

SHAAAAAAAAME

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

Just remember, they're actual lego pieces made using the same plastic most of the time, so you're actually throwing away Legos. You should be ashamed! ASHAMED!

Occasionally when I'm cleaning up and come across a random generic 1x1 in a pile of couch crap or something I'll just toss it if I don't feel like getting out the bins :twisted:

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Gabriel Pope posted:

Occasionally when I'm cleaning up and come across a random generic 1x1 in a pile of couch crap or something I'll just toss it if I don't feel like getting out the bins :twisted:

mods

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gabriel Pope posted:

WHat the gently caress.

WHAT. THE. gently caress.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Gabriel Pope posted:

Ban this sick filth.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

bloodysabbath posted:

Just a heads up, if anyone wants the current Millennium Falcon, it's about to be retired in its current version. Store in Cleveland said as much, and it's listed as "sold out" on the website (and in that particular store). I have exactly zero doubt we'll see a new version with the release of TFA, but if you want the "classic" version with a whole lineup of OT figures, this is probably a good time to get thee to a Toys R Us or something.

I've been waiting to pick up the Millennium Falcon and now my Lego store is out of them. Looks like I'll have to hit up the 6 Targets near me and pray. Going to make a very expensive month for me with this and the Slave 1 being released.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Gabriel Pope posted:

I did this when I was a kid and now I don't have all the pieces to my landspeeder. Don't do this.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Cloks posted:

I did this when I was a kid and now I don't have all the pieces to my landspeeder. Don't do this.

Instead, chuck all your disassembled sets in the same giant bin and never look back. Now your landspeeder is also a pirate ship with wings and a wizard tower.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Are the series 13 minifigs out yet officially? I've made 3 trips to my local lego store and they don't have them out. I want the hot dog guy :(

nws
Jul 20, 2004
Part time SCUBA Instructor......

Nearly lost it on this post.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

Gabriel Pope posted:

My wife and I have little glass bottles (Martinelli's Apple Juice) all over the house, so when we find random pieces or have left overs from builds, we put them into those and once they get full, we dump into our large random-pieces bin.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

anotherblownsave posted:

Are the series 13 minifigs out yet officially? I've made 3 trips to my local lego store and they don't have them out. I want the hot dog guy :(

No, street date is Jan 1, and Lego Stores usually stick by street dates.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Aren't VIPS getting early access to those, or is it just Slave 1 and the Detective Agency?

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Pyroclastic posted:

I thought that looked kinda neat, although it seems kinda narrow for its height. The lift it has to accommodate the tires, mostly.

It's about right for a unimog plow. If it was North American centric in design then id say yes.. Model something like a NAVSTAR chassis plow and it would be wider . Sounds like a fun build get 2-3 of those and build a dot 2 lane plow.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The Advent calendar has a separate bag for every day, and each one follows the standard extra parts rules. So you have a bag with a dozen pieces and then spares of three of them. It's silly!

Stultus
Jul 22, 2007

Is the Research Institute still difficult to get? My lego store had a bunch in stock so I just picked up two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Stultus posted:

Is the Research Institute still difficult to get? My lego store had a bunch in stock so I just picked up two

You monster! The website clearly says one per household. :colbert: Really f this thing is that rare I might consider selling mine for $100.