Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
They've been doing it that way, lately, for some reason. The video goes up on Monday, but the audio-only version doesn't go up until later, even Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I see the audio version just fine

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah it's up now, but it wasn't earlier.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Whoever decided Harmontown needed a visual element is a crazy dumb person.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Whoever decided Harmontown needed a visual element is a crazy dumb person.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 16, 2014

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Harmon's gross. And he loving smells. Someone who makes as much money as him shouldn't smell like that.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Harmon's gross. And he loving smells. Someone who makes as much money as him shouldn't smell like that.

He can't take showers because the water gives him ouchies! GOSH!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

How do you know what he smells like?

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Hey guys, leave him alone! So what if he stinks?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Nemo posted:

Hey guys, leave him alone! So what if he stinks?

:qqsay:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Thank God I'm not the worst poster in this thread anymore.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Because of haters.

lol, he won't even talk about what she did. He talks about abhorring the tactics of the enemy, then accuses then of sexism apropos of nothing. What a loving hypocritical windbag.

edit: he's straight up Glenn Becking the issue.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 16, 2014

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

lol, he won't even talk about what she did. He talks about abhorring the tactics of the enemy, then accuses then of sexism apropos of nothing. What a loving hypocritical windbag.

edit: he's straight up Glenn Becking the issue.

Irish Joe posted:

lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Irish Joe posted:

Bold claim there, Irish.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
loving idiot hot celebrities, I'd look good too if I had a personal trainer.

loving ugly slob celebrities, why the gently caress do you look like that

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 20, 2015

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

loving idiot hot celebrities, I'd look good too if I had a personal trainer.

loving ugly slob celebrities, why the gently caress do you look like that
So you'll keep heckling the show because 5 people agree with someone on reddit, but 20+ people agreeing with me wondering why the gently caress you won't shut up and enjoy the show is white noise

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Zsinjeh posted:

So you'll keep heckling the show because 5 people agree with someone on reddit, but 20+ people agreeing with me wondering why the gently caress you won't shut up and enjoy the show is white noise
What? Golden b wasn't targeting you.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

What? Golden b wasn't targeting you.
It was a thing from reddit. I've been trying to ask him why he keeps talking over the show with jokes or opinions when he's constantly told to shut the gently caress up, the audience groaning at him, etc. I wondered in this thread before but, as on the show, he just deflects the issue with throwaway comments and then just keeps on essentially heckling the show.

If the show is going to have a premium subscription starting next year I'd at least like to know why he keeps using the show as his open mic night when it's fair to say a fair portion of the listeners do not want you to.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I just want to say Adam has my blessing to talk over Dan whenever he gets started on one of his political tirades. And also over John Roy whenever, because he was literally the worst guest in Harmontown history.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Zsinjeh posted:

It was a thing from reddit. I've been trying to ask him why he keeps talking over the show with jokes or opinions when he's constantly told to shut the gently caress up, the audience groaning at him, etc. I wondered in this thread before but, as on the show, he just deflects the issue with throwaway comments and then just keeps on essentially heckling the show.

If the show is going to have a premium subscription starting next year I'd at least like to know why he keeps using the show as his open mic night when it's fair to say a fair portion of the listeners do not want you to.

:stare:

You, uh, realize what you are doing right?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This thread took a turn for the poo poo, and that's saying a good deal.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I dunno, I kinda like Adam, he's just a small part of the show; I would much sooner stop listening due to Harmon's misinformed rants than aspergerian interjections.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Man that stuff about Siike's brain was brutal

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
damnit Kumail, why would you finish that point about Goldberg being the guy at the party who specializes in bringing conversations to a screeching halt with "that's his role"?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Why do people get so worked up about this podcast?

I enjoyed all the camera mugging in this episode.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Drunkboxer posted:

Why do people get so worked up about this podcast?

Cause its supposed to be a comedy podcast and Dan spends 90% of the show's runtime preaching about his sheltered liberal politics.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
The reason this was hard to get through for me was the most god drat annoying laugh in the audience. Maybe it's always there but usually mixed lower?
HAH! HAH! HAH! HAH! HAH! HAA!
HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO!
Every loving joke.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
That laugh was bad. I agree.

Sidenote: save your money. The feral audio live album is horrible. Or just buy it to support the podcast network and then never download it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Gee, a comedy show with a bunch of nobodies put out by a third rate podcasting network is bad? Whodathunkit?

edit: podcasting has definitely led to a situation where otherwise brilliant comedians are overexposed, with their worst material at the fore. Kumail, for instance, is probably a great stand up, but when I think of him I don't think of him telling killer jokes, but as an adult, married man who wears TMNT pajamas and plays with action figures. He's definitely ruined any desire I have to see his comedy or any show he's in just from being on podcasts constantly.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 17, 2014

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Irish Joe posted:

Gee, a comedy show with a bunch of nobodies put out by a third rate podcasting network is bad? Whodathunkit?

edit: podcasting has definitely led to a situation where otherwise brilliant comedians are overexposed, with their worst material at the fore. Kumail, for instance, is probably a great stand up, but when I think of him I don't think of him telling killer jokes, but as an adult, married man who wears TMNT pajamas and plays with action figures. He's definitely ruined any desire I have to see his comedy or any show he's in just from being on podcasts constantly.

Woooooooow you are literally the worst

radlum
May 13, 2013

Irish Joe posted:

Why focus on the negative? I listened to Indoor Kids before I knew anything about Kumail and his comedy and I like him even more thanks to the podcasts he is in. I like that he has amazing chemistry with his wife, that he is a big X Files geek and that he has action figures. I mean, should all comedians be alcoholic thirty somethings with depression and commitment issues?

On that note, I enjoy Adam in the podcast. It's nice to hear someone that just doesn't care about what others say about him and his presence on the podcast. Also, I love that he gets on Jeff's and Dan's nerves. He is like a sitcom nemesis, a Newman or a Flanders. Never change Adam.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I'm surprised anyone can stand Kumail's wife. Everything she says is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

MY ABACUS! posted:

The reason this was hard to get through for me was the most god drat annoying laugh in the audience. Maybe it's always there but usually mixed lower?
HAH! HAH! HAH! HAH! HAH! HAA!
HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO!
Every loving joke.

Thank god. I was worried I was the only person to be annoyed by that guy. It's like he learned how to laugh out of a book.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I got up to episode 42 and I am loving Harmontown. Jeff is greater than I expected (probably my fifth favourite WLiiA cast now), Erin's relationship with Dan is amazing (super awkward sometimes), "Come On Down to Harmontown" + "Pringles Can Dick" + "Chicken Noodle Dick" are all incredibly catchy, Spencer's a hidden gem, the D&D's adventure is far better than any other D&D podcasts I have listened to, the Harmoncountry tour is hilarious almost all the way through and most importantly Greg Proops is just the most amazing person holy poo poo. I wish he had someone to bounce off on on his own podcast, though.

I hope this podcast only get better. I read that Spencer got annoying later on and Dan+Jeff's constant hyping of anything he did does get tiresome, but so far I'm definitely giving this podcast a triple thumbs up.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I always wondered how many Harmontowns someone could listen to in a week. Back when they'd release out of town eps (on tour 1 or the small tour 2), I found one was enough for a week+. But people always tell me they listened to the whole back catalog in a few weeks and it seems insane.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 4, 2015

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

toanoradian posted:

I read that Spencer got annoying later on and Dan+Jeff's constant hyping of anything he did does get tiresome...

I haven't felt this way, but I'm typically doing something else while listening, so I don't seem to get annoyed by the fifteen-minute-long "bad" parts people mention. Maybe it's different when one is giving 100% attention to the podcast.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Golden Bee posted:

I always wondered how many Harmontowns someone could listen to in a week. Back when they'd release out of town eps (on tour 1 or the small tour 2), I fonud one was enough for a week+. But people always tell me they listened to the whole back catalog in a few weeks and it seems insane.

I did 5 a week earlier this year as I tried to catch up. It was a bit much and as a result I've been a bit slow on listening to the recent eps.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

I always wondered how many Harmontowns someone could listen to in a week. Back when they'd release out of town eps (on tour 1 or the small tour 2), I fonud one was enough for a week+. But people always tell me they listened to the whole back catalog in a few weeks and it seems insane.
Having difficulty grasping the perspective and emotions of other people is generally very common in the spectrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

toanoradian posted:

I got up to episode 42 and I am loving Harmontown. Jeff is greater than I expected (probably my fifth favourite WLiiA cast now), Erin's relationship with Dan is amazing (super awkward sometimes), "Come On Down to Harmontown" + "Pringles Can Dick" + "Chicken Noodle Dick" are all incredibly catchy, Spencer's a hidden gem, the D&D's adventure is far better than any other D&D podcasts I have listened to, the Harmoncountry tour is hilarious almost all the way through and most importantly Greg Proops is just the most amazing person holy poo poo. I wish he had someone to bounce off on on his own podcast, though.

I hope this podcast only get better. I read that Spencer got annoying later on and Dan+Jeff's constant hyping of anything he did does get tiresome, but so far I'm definitely giving this podcast a triple thumbs up.

Skip the one titled "morality". Seriously, don't listen to that bullshit. Just skip that one