Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

Um, anyone read korean? I got one of these for not-christmas:

Pretty sure it says "you're gay" but I'd appreciate confirmation.

If not that, I'm sure it says "haha you still play this game?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Angela Christine posted:

Um, anyone read korean? I got one of these for not-christmas:

Pretty sure it says "you're gay" but I'd appreciate confirmation.

Someone asked this last night in VaIor, and a Google search for the item name yielded this: 50 labor pot.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Aaaaaand Aranzeb just poo poo the bed. In 'Maintenance'.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SumYungGui posted:

Aaaaaand Aranzeb just poo poo the bed. In 'Maintenance'.

She is less than a year old. making GBS threads the bed is pretty normal at that age.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

She is less than a year old. making GBS threads the bed is pretty normal at that age.

*insert BFM joke or grooming joke here*

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

*insert BFM joke or grooming joke here*

:eyepop:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2pp2y6/rip_kooncoon/

lol this guy apparently dropped $20k on archeage and raged out, destroyed all his gear, and is going to stop streaming

I checked it out because I hoped there was some funny Aranzeb is down bitching but this is funnier

Navraz
Sep 17, 2007

I blame it on my own sick pride
Sugartime Jones

Eonwe posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2pp2y6/rip_kooncoon/

lol this guy apparently dropped $20k on archeage and raged out, destroyed all his gear, and is going to stop streaming

I checked it out because I hoped there was some funny Aranzeb is down bitching but this is funnier

Glorious.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

He spent around 30 minutes trying to regrade a single piece of gear. And then chat started trolling him telling him he has to use regrade gems and stuff. So he got upset and asked who wants him to regrade the bow he spent $1500 on, and banned anyone that said yes. Then a couple minutes later he decided to regrade the bow. It broke. So he regraded all his gear until it broke, gave away the last 8k gold to a friend, and then deleted all his characters.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It turns out that someone who spends $20,000 on a video game may not be of sound mental condition!

edit: lmao

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 18, 2014

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
There are a lot of great freakouts in that video, but I think the one at 6:45 is my favorite.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
Kooncoon has already completely destroyed his gear through regrading once before so it's not really shocking. He'll be back playing Archeage and streaming in a month.

For a few hours tonight the entire game had a snow effect enabled which had a lot of players either hating it or loving it. I thought it was pretty cool even though it was pretty bad and drop fps a bit.

Also new rng boxes and a sweet skin for the farm hauler in the loyalty shop that plays Christmas music with reindeers move as well

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

I bet Hartsman is giving his loving kids RNG boxes for Christmas.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Arcade posted:

"I guess we'll both find out if you've been naughty or nice this year!!!"

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Then he laughed and he laughed.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

tatersyum posted:

Also new rng boxes and a sweet skin for the farm hauler in the loyalty shop that plays Christmas music with reindeers move as well

That's admittedly pretty goddamn awesome. It would take a lot more for me to log in again though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arcade posted:

if they are anything like the in-game ones then all the kids have to do is hold socks, sweaters, and coal to be guaranteed toys

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Three hour down time starting at 5 PM eastern on a Friday to fix the Flirtatious Flower exploit.

I have nothing more to say, it says itself.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Hey man, we can't have people working at night on the server to avoid prime time

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I do think its funny that one of the main understandings among people that work on stuff that is a 24x7x365 service is that downtime happens when it isn't peak time

its like they have a manager that is too loving scared to be like 'ok maintenance window is at 3 am EST.' Instead they do it at loving primetime. :psyduck:

eonwe fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 20, 2014

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Eonwe posted:

I do think its funny that one of the main understandings among people that work on stuff that is a 24x7x375 service is that downtime happens when it isn't peak time

its like they have a manager that is too loving scared to be like 'ok maintenance window is at 3 am EST.' Instead they do it at loving primetime. :psyduck:

They probably don't want to pay someone enough on their skeleton crew to come in on off hours.

Also, they probably dont want to spend the extra 50 bucks a month for another on call phone.

e: looks like the servers are up

Kevlar Beard fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 20, 2014

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Eonwe posted:

I do think its funny that one of the main understandings among people that work on stuff that is a 24x7x365 service is that downtime happens when it isn't peak time

Have you seen the complaints in this thread when they have the audacity to have a downtime on a weekday at 9 AM? Thee only thing I hope is that they do it quickly and not have a repeat of servergeddon from a few weeks ago.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
If anyone is quitting and is in the xmas spirit, I'll gladly give you the gift of feeling good about yourself for giving your stuff away.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Better watch out yall, we are kill on sight.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
This is the kind of thing that makes me sad VaLor fell apart before we could besmirch their good name.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
VaLor fell apart you say? Shock and awe.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
Valor #1

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
They lasted longer than Goonsquad.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Anyone still playing this dumb game I forgot to unsubscribe from things.

ArcheAge Winter Maiden's Gift Code - Expires Feb. 28, 2015

22RR-NXQ3-JE9Y-6LPC-DNYT

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

glug posted:

Anyone still playing this dumb game I forgot to unsubscribe from things.

ArcheAge Winter Maiden's Gift Code - Expires Feb. 28, 2015

22RR-NXQ3-JE9Y-6LPC-DNYT

Someone used the code and didn't reply to your post. Typical.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Well I at least bothered to check out the winter event, it's better than the Halloween one but that wasn't hard either way. The lockboxes are now bind on pickup and so are the top items they have a very small chance of dropping. Way to gently caress up even more Trion.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If anyone still plays and is looking for land in Halcy (Aranzeb), I just saw a cottage right near the central specialty crafting station for 599 gold. Perfect spot for staging packs from Hellswamp, or even sandeep if you take the high road. Sextant coordinates: W 11` 16' 12", S 18` 0' 12" or just stand at the crafting station and look to the southeast.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Something has led to insane price inflation over the past week or so, in general but especially for credit shop items. WC pots are going for 50-60g for example. Either there is a huge new supply of gold or maybe people have just burned through all their original credits and aren't buying more.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I have to do some number crunching but it may soon get to where it's cheaper to APEX another account and let the labor accumulate then make tax certs.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

SumYungGui posted:

I have to do some number crunching but it may soon get to where it's cheaper to APEX another account and let the labor accumulate then make tax certs.

Labor and Loyalty -- but the certs resulting from those methods are bound though, so that plan only makes sense if you have a lot of properties that you plan to split between the accounts.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
You could always APEX a fresh account and just use the loyalty tokens it accumulates for unbound certificates.

Depends how into appointment based gaming you are I guess. Not my cup of tea.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Loyalty are bound too. Only cash shop certs are unbound.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well there goes that. Maybe just sell the land for an obscene amount to a pubbie?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Good luck with that. You know what those things cost these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
The slumlord alt could hold the land. There's not much you really need to own the land yourself for.

• Locked thread