Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

Five thousand potatoes in my breakfast nook. Why couldn't I think of that?? I guess my brain just isn't smart enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
That's a lot of potatoes!

Edit: Also, the forums are dumb for not letting the auto-video-imbed function support pointing to a specific time.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The best part is that the article doesn't even have any solution for storing 5000 potatoes.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

DrBouvenstein posted:

That's a lot of potatoes!

Edit: Also, the forums are dumb for not letting the auto-video-imbed function support pointing to a specific time.

It does support that.

code:
[video type="youtube" start="1m55s"]wcFZIj96LwY[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcFZIj96LwY&t=115s

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

captainOrbital posted:

Ironically, "trigger" is one of mine.

"Ironically" is one of my triggers, you insensitive clod!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

EZipperelli posted:

Life Hacks for Christmas! I watched this in bed with my girlfriend, who has no knowledge of this thread, and her response was "These aren't life hacks. It's what those products were MADE for... Life Hacks are supposed to be for broke college kids in dorms."

Christmas Hax0rs!11!!! L337!!

The tagline for this particular video is "he covers a toilet paper roll with tin foil. the results? Brilliant!"

Quite possibly 10 of the worst unironic hacks in this thread. Bonus content! Bread Tabs!

I got like halfway through before I gave up, but the whole toilet paper roll one isn't too bad, but why even bother with the foil? The roll by itself works just fine. Turning the letter into it's own envelope will almost definitely result in you mailing a bunch of ruined letters by the time they get to their destination. Everyone loves a crumpled Christmas letter!

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

Lamech posted:

who drives with their hand(s) at the top? 9-3, or 8-4, or just 6. This hack just makes it so the normal spots are a bit hotter. #badhack

Left hand on the 12', right on the shifter

#manualhacks

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Lamech posted:

who drives with their hand(s) at the top? 9-3, or 8-4, or just 6. This hack just makes it so the normal spots are a bit hotter. #badhack

Lifehack: Drive with just two fingers at 6 so you don't burn your hands on a hot day.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

EZipperelli posted:

Life Hacks for Christmas! I watched this in bed with my girlfriend, who has no knowledge of this thread, and her response was "These aren't life hacks. It's what those products were MADE for... Life Hacks are supposed to be for broke college kids in dorms."

The tagline for this particular video is "he covers a toilet paper roll with tin foil. the results? Brilliant!"

Quite possibly 10 of the worst unironic hacks in this thread. Bonus content! Bread Tabs!

Almost anything involving a bread tab is stupid, though my dad did use them once in place of washers when he hung a medicine cabinet in the basement bathroom. But has this person really never heard of just folding the tap over a little bit?

A couple of those would be cool for kids though. You could occupy your children with them folding their holiday letters into their own envelopes and wrapping tin foil around cardboard seems like a thing a seven year old would like to do under the guise they are "helping". The shaped pancakes would have been really boss too when I was a kid. There is nothing about them that is in anyway a time saving hack.

I'm going to try the pine thing next time I'm at the home of someone I hate and have a few spare minutes to sneak away to adulterate the air filter into making the place smell like a sawmill.

The cardboard lights wrapper is something I might legitimately use.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It does support that.

code:
[video type="youtube" start="1m55s"]wcFZIj96LwY[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcFZIj96LwY&t=115s

Well it doesn't do it automatically when I copy+paste it in. :mad:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Brainbread posted:

Lifehack: Drive with just two fingers at 6 so you don't burn your hands on a hot day.

Lifehack: Keep gloves in your loving glove compartment.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Lamech posted:

I was taught in drivers ed to always use 10 and 2. :colbert:

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
Badass pancakes!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Sex Hobbit posted:

I was taught in drivers ed to always use 10 and 2. :colbert:

How old are you? I was taught the same thing, but apparently they are teaching 9 and 3 now because of airbags. I learned to drive in 1996

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

AFewBricksShy posted:

How old are you? I was taught the same thing, but apparently they are teaching 9 and 3 now because of airbags. I learned to drive in 1996

I learned to drive in 2003 and was taught 10-2

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

AFewBricksShy posted:

I was taught by a former B-17 pilot and he told me to put my hands at 4 and 8. He also told me to push in the yoke when going up a hill so I don't stall. :shrug:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

AFewBricksShy posted:

28, I learned in 2002 or so.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

AFewBricksShy posted:

I was taught 9 and 3 for airbag reasons. The basic idea is if the airbag is deployed you don't want to punch yourself in the face. I took driving in 2004.

JamesOff
Dec 12, 2002

What a frightening beast!
Lifehack: have a car so old it doesn't have airbags so you can drive with your hands at 10 and 2

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Meltathon posted:

I got like halfway through before I gave up, but the whole toilet paper roll one isn't too bad, but why even bother with the foil? The roll by itself works just fine.

Just the roll by itself would look like garbage. Wrapping garbage around your other garbage makes it fancy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I was taught to drive with my knees so that I could pleasure my woman and eat a cheeseburger at the same time.

That was in 2003.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Unless you're over 85, I don't believe that anyone actually drives with their hands at 10 and 2. People that do look like schmucks, and frankly, look like they're new to driving, which makes them dangerous.

If I'm riding my motorcycle and I see someone driving at 10-2, I get away from them asap.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

EZipperelli posted:

Unless you're over 85, I don't believe that anyone actually drives with their hands at 10 and 2. People that do look like schmucks, and frankly, look like they're new to driving, which makes them dangerous.

If I'm riding my motorcycle and I see someone driving at 10-2, I get away from them asap.

Drive with one hand so you can leer at motorcyclists while beating off with the other.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Meltathon posted:

I got like halfway through before I gave up, but the whole toilet paper roll one isn't too bad, but why even bother with the foil? The roll by itself works just fine. Turning the letter into it's own envelope will almost definitely result in you mailing a bunch of ruined letters by the time they get to their destination. Everyone loves a crumpled Christmas letter!

gently caress that, who saves TP rolls? I just slice off a bit of old wrapping paper tubing and use that. Hell, it's already right there. When I'm done wrapping, all the poo poo goes back into the bin, which goes under the bed, so I'm not going to pretty it up with some drat foil.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Maggie Fletcher posted:

gently caress that, who saves TP rolls? I just slice off a bit of old wrapping paper tubing and use that. Hell, it's already right there. When I'm done wrapping, all the poo poo goes back into the bin, which goes under the bed, so I'm not going to pretty it up with some drat foil.

But then how will you get ants and/or mold growing under your bed?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I used to save TP rolls when I was in pre-school. We took them in and made puppets and buildings with them.

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I used to keep them in middle school when I had hamsters and gerbils. But I still don't see why wrapping paper holders need to be decorative. :confused:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

constantinople posted:

I used to keep them in middle school when I had hamsters and gerbils. But I still don't see why wrapping paper holders need to be decorative. :confused:

Why don't you just throw your paper on the floor like a animal?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Inzombiac posted:

I was taught to drive with my knees so that I could pleasure my woman and eat a cheeseburger at the same time.

That was in 2003.

Lifehack: Use both hands to pleasure her while she feeds you cheeseburgers. Conversely, eat two cheeseburgers at a time and make her do it herself, because dammit you have cheeseburgers HER ORGASM CAN loving WAIT.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I use them to start my chimney thing for my charcoal grill. Circle of life.

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.
And if you want it to be decorative why not use some of the wrapping paper that is literally right there? Use some from a different roll if you want to make it stand out from the rest of the paper on the roll. Why would you go to the bathroom and dig through the trash to get a cardboard tube when the rolls have cardboard in them? Unless you didn't use up a whole roll in which case you are just bad at wrapping presents and should watch some #lifehack videos on how to get better at it. Out of tape but have old chewed gum lying around the house? Instead of throwing it away watch this one quick tip!

Also I cannot get over "The results? Brilliant!". No, in no way were the results brilliant, you rear end. Nothing brilliant ever happened with toilet paper rolls and tin foil, besides maybe their invention separate of each other.

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

Angela Christine posted:

Why don't you just throw your paper on the floor like a animal?

Feed your left-over wrapping paper to your rodents for ready-made New Year's Eve confetti!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

EZipperelli posted:

The first two made me think this was a satirical video. Then it got more legit, and that made me really shake my head. I don't care how poor or lazy I am, no one is ever getting anything wrapped in a loving chip bag.

I admit I like the letter folding one, but I wouldn't actually send something like that through the post.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
With the lights not getting tangled, all I do is wrap the lights around my hand and then tuck the end. It ends up like a donut of lights and they are never tangled. Don't even need to waste time building a holder out of cardboard!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

(I know that it's obviously a joke.)

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

(I know that it's obviously a joke.)

Honestly that is one of the better life hacks in this thread.

It even throws the food on the floor for you.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
It's by the same guy who did the coffee egg thing.

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/food-hacking-at-the-office

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Oh god, that's disgusting.

Who rinses pasta?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

RaspberryCommie posted:

Oh god, that's disgusting.

Who rinses pasta?

Seriously loving gross.