Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Anything I want, he gives it to me. Anything I want he gives it, but not for free. It's hateful.

And it's paid for and I'm so grateful.

To be nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
That's a pretty good song.

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000
The problem with writing out a well-reasoned post detailing the issues is that people have been doing that for most of 2014 and it's absolutely pointless since legitimate criticisms are either ignored or get snarky replies, and ChuckleFish just carries on derping anyway. Everyone basically agrees that there are issues but what's the point in talking about them when it just means everyone involved gets more and more frustrated with no resolution in sight? At least trolling is amusing (for the ones doing the trolling).

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Eiba posted:

I personally think there are some worrying things about the changes to the combat system and some other things, and if this thread weren't just a putrid bucket of churning vitriol, I'd probably be making an effortpost about that, rather than one about the state of the thread. I think that'd be a lot more interesting than a contest to see who can poo poo themselves the hardest in feigned or exaggerated rage. It seems I'm in the minority in that though.

Nothing is stopping you from realposting about the game. I've done it and several others have. No mobsters showed up at my business and smashed all my windows and I didn't get any threatening phone calls from pitched down voices telling me to shitpost or else.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Actually i'm stopping you guys, and mobsters will indeed come to you, just give it time.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I'm coming. To kill you. For real posting.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Koobze posted:

The problem with writing out a well-reasoned post detailing the issues is that people have been doing that for most of 2014 and it's absolutely pointless since legitimate criticisms are either ignored or get snarky replies, and ChuckleFish just carries on derping anyway. Everyone basically agrees that there are issues but what's the point in talking about them when it just means everyone involved gets more and more frustrated with no resolution in sight? At least trolling is amusing (for the ones doing the trolling).

Nothing else to do but twiddle our thumbs and shitpost. I can totally see why someone more involved with the game would wanna take a break

Koobze
Nov 4, 2000

Shoehead posted:

Nothing else to do but twiddle our thumbs and shitpost. I can totally see why someone more involved with the game would wanna take a break

Different strokes. I guess in an ideal world, people would realpost and every reply would be "Yes indeed, I agree" and everyone would get bored and the thread would die, because the core problems haven't changed any so there is nothing new to actually discuss.

But I am not ready to let this thread die. To me that feels like tacitly agreeing to the way the game has gone to poo poo. I want ChuckleFish to feel bad (while rolling around in piles of money) and I want everyone reading this thread to feel bad. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better thread for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this—and I have countless times, in just about every shitpost I’ve submitted—and coming face-to-face with these truths, there is no catharsis. I gain no deeper knowledge about myself, no new understanding can be extracted from my telling. There has been no reason for me to tell you any of this. This confession has meant nothing....

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The thread is Starbound. It's procedurally generated, and you struggle to create anything of worth.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Koobze posted:

Different strokes. I guess in an ideal world, people would realpost and every reply would be "Yes indeed, I agree" and everyone would get bored and the thread would die, because the core problems haven't changed any so there is nothing new to actually discuss.

But I am not ready to let this thread die. To me that feels like tacitly agreeing to the way the game has gone to poo poo. I want ChuckleFish to feel bad (while rolling around in piles of money) and I want everyone reading this thread to feel bad. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better thread for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this—and I have countless times, in just about every shitpost I’ve submitted—and coming face-to-face with these truths, there is no catharsis. I gain no deeper knowledge about myself, no new understanding can be extracted from my telling. There has been no reason for me to tell you any of this. This confession has meant nothing....

you should probably see a doctor about your hemorrhoids

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Koobze posted:

Where you really shitposting or was it all in your head?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It's always this thread, but you teleport to a planet and try to scrounge up enough resources to create a shitpost.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Babe Magnet posted:

im the gayest

i, too, am gay

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Fargin Icehole posted:

It's always this thread, but you teleport to a planet and try to scrounge up enough resources to create a shitpost.

Mining is boring, bring back S
-andmining
-upernorn

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
i miss -andmining

khrits
Dec 25, 2011

And when we leave, we need to put things back the way we found them. We're not slobs.

Eiba posted:

It's pretty clear from this thread that the basics of not being an rear end in a top hat are not at all universally understood.

The problem is that the torrent of ironic making GBS threads on the game has irrevocably been mixed with the torrent of legitimate making GBS threads on the game. When people are being hyperbolic and silly, a snarky answer is totally legit. And yeah, there are two distinct streams of poo poo, as was clear when the trailer came out and half the thread started gushing about how this is what they always wanted and recanting their threadshitting ways... for all of a day maybe.

This thread took a really weird intense mood-swing from laughing at people being all entitled and impatient, to acting unspeakably furious with everything to do with this game. One could be forgiven for assuming that that incredible fury and rage was, if not entirely ironic, at least hyperbolic, and so joking in response to it.

Evidently that rage is real, and people in this topic are incredibly angry at how things are going. Either that or they don't care, and find it fun to act that angry (which I'm sure quite a few people are doing in any case) to the point of hounding out that PR guy basically for the fun of it.

I personally think there are some worrying things about the changes to the combat system and some other things, and if this thread weren't just a putrid bucket of churning vitriol, I'd probably be making an effortpost about that, rather than one about the state of the thread. I think that'd be a lot more interesting than a contest to see who can poo poo themselves the hardest in feigned or exaggerated rage. It seems I'm in the minority in that though.

I'm sure glad other people have been ran out for effort posts like awful jerk Bilal. His interesting posts about new content have no room in this thread.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

khrits posted:

I'm sure glad other people have been ran out for effort posts like awful jerk Bilal. His interesting posts about new content have no room in this thread.

Upvote.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
I hate effort, burn the thread.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Rrussom posted:

I hate effort, burn the thread.

Wait so do you work for Chucklefish or not

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Evilreaver posted:

Wait so do you work for Chucklefish or not

I will say this, 4chan says i am a sockpuppet account,

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I godmoded my way through the lunar base mission. Finishing the mission ends the "tutorial" part of the game and opens up warping to other sectors. 10 bars of gold (which you'll have by then easily) upgrades the matter manipulator to be slightly faster, but it's still slow. Fuel is expensive to buy at the outpost, but I'm not sure you ever would need to buy any because moons always have big pools of it available to take- I got 1500 units of fuel after a short amount of digging. On top of that you can mine and refine plutonium for fuel as well. Jumping to another sector took about 500 fuel.

The next mission after the lunar base is the Dreadwing boss fight, but I haven't found any titanium yet so it's gated off to me currently. I did find the new "building" biome. These planets are completely empty so you can build to your heart's content. There's no incentive to build anything really due to the convenience of putting everything in your ship, and I hope they change that. I've never been a creative builder in either this game or Terraria but I will say that making a little house for myself was actually fun, and fairly quick.

The rest of the quests at the outpost are fetch quests- it looks like I can find a human jacket in exchange for a cosmetic hat, and if I find a cake I can get a sword.

Also, loading times in the Koala versions were really long for me, but now loading is almost instantaneous. Unfortunately, areas with lots of NPCs like the Outpost or towns start chugging.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Bilal posted:

There's no incentive to build anything really due to the convenience of putting everything in your ship, and I hope they change that. I've never been a creative builder in either this game or Terraria but I will say that making a little house for myself was actually fun, and fairly quick.

That was honestly the first thing that I noticed when I found I could actually build on the ship (a long, long time ago) - that there wasn't a reason to make my awesome, elaborate ice fortresses, or towns in the clouds. It was just more convenient to just... put it all in the ship :/

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Is there any way to change your spawn point on the planet yet

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
never

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

dang

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I miss when all we complained about was Horsetits on an AI.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I'll take funny threads that make me furious for 500, Alex!!

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

ColHannibal posted:

I miss when all we complained about was Horsetits on an AI.

I thought the complaint was they weren't keeping horsetits and goons were upset.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I am legitimately upset we dont get horsetits.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Spectral Werewolf posted:

I thought the complaint was they weren't keeping horsetits and goons were upset.

The complaint was that it wasn't being kept because it's mere existence was trolling the poo poo out of their own forums, and Chucklefish was reinforcing that they enjoyed it by slyly alluding to horsetits several times in their blog posts, to the point where their forums were beginning to protest because they were being made fun of by the developers themselves. But Chucklefish bowed to the pressure and made it a regular horse, and then a robot wizard.

RIP

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The Installation Wizard is way funnier than the horse

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

In concept, but it wasn't in execution.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I haven't followed this game since pre alpha. I guess it didn't turn out good?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It is really good, the update I am playing right now has renewed my faith in the game.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

It is really good, the update I am playing right now has renewed my faith in the game.

hosed up if true

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Babe Magnet posted:

I seen no notes saying that mining speed has been improved, combat has been made less of a kick in the balls and sandmining is back....

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It's because I'm lying

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

hosed up if true

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
This thread is bipolar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUTTERWORBS
Oct 16, 2002

Tomahawk posted:

I haven't followed this game since pre alpha. I guess it didn't turn out good?

run

• Locked thread