Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

The Sharmat posted:

End of Evangelion.

It's pretty trippy.

is that one of the movies? I've only made it like 5 episodes into the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
KORRASAMI IS REAL AND NEVER FORGET IT.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

ETB posted:

KORRASAMI REAL AND NEVER FORGET IT.

I loving TOLD EVERYONE AND EVERYONE SAID I WAS SEXUALIZING A KID'S SHOW AND BLAH BLAH BLAH! IT CAME TRUE! THEY ACTUALLY DID IT!

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
NO THEY'RE JUST FRIENDS HOLDING HANDS AND LOVINGLY LOOKING INTO EACH OTHER'S EYES WHILE THEY GO ON A PRIVATE GETAWAY

iSheep posted:

Definitely a thing, my only beef is that it is 100% fan service as it was really never expanded on in the show, but on the other hand, I don't know how they would do it anyway.
It's still the best romance in the entire Avatar franchise. Except Varrick and Zhu-Li.

That's more a testament to how poorly the series handles romance in general.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Aces High posted:

is that one of the movies? I've only made it like 5 episodes into the series

Long story short, Eva was kind of infamous for pretty blatantly running out of budget close to the end of the series, and created a really trippy finale. End of Evangelion was made after the series went huge, and is the ending the director had originally wanted to tell. It... Ends up being much, much trippier.

As for Korra... Well. That's...

I dunno. It feels weird to see something I grew up with coming to an end.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
i’m jumping up and down screaming into my hands like i’m at a beatles concert OH MY GOOOOOOOD

KORRAxASAMI IS loving INDISPUTABLE

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

ETB posted:

I CAN'T loving BELIEVE IT OH MY GOOOOOD

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

MY FACE RIGHT NOW

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
They had to have Korra say "Kuvira almost destroyed me" because they used up all their capital with the handholding shot calling it now.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Did anyone toxx? Please tell me someone did.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

MY FACE RIGHT NOW

I KNOW

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I was going to be so pissed because of that fakeout with Mako at the end but the ending :allears:

Also goddamn this episode was anime as gently caress

E: As soon as Hiroshi stepped in the mecha, I knew he was going to bite it.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Dec 19, 2014

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

The Sharmat posted:

End of episode spoiler: Jesus loving christ Korrasami is canon. I'm not joking.

Literally as soon as Tenzin stepped away and Asami walked up, I loving started laughing.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ravane posted:

6 months probation for me if it turns out Korra is gay, :toxx:
ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
The series creators are the greatest trolls to ever produce a (western) cartoon if you think about it.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

They had to have Korra say "Kuvira almost destroyed me" because they used up all their capital with the handholding shot calling it now.

Honestly I'd think we were reading too much into it if I didn't strongly believe this is exactly as close to lesbianism as an American cartoon could ever get on screen.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

In It For The Tank posted:

Literally as soon as Tenzin stepped away and Asami walked up, I loving started laughing.

ACTUALLY SAME

I stood up out of my chair and covered my hands with my mouth

and as the confirmation drew closer i started bouncing up and down on my tiptoes like a literal child, screaming into my cupped hands at increasingly higher pitches until i reached a sort of ultrasonic whine and started irritating the dog

my heart rate is goddamn crazy

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD

To be completely fair, Korra isn't gay. She's bi.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

The Sharmat posted:

To be completely fair, Korra isn't gay. She's bi.

The spirit of the toxx is fulfilled, I say.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm honestly pretty happy that the entire ending was building up to Korra learning compassion, even for her enemies, and for her great victory to be an act of compassion and self-sacrifice. That's a pretty nice way to end her character arc.

Also I was seriously expecting them to end it on a kiss like they ended TLA.

Falathrim
May 7, 2007

I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better.
hahaha mako was so awful he turned both korra and asami gay bi

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Legend of Korra Book 4.44: Korra is (Absolutely) Bisexual

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I CAN'T EVEN DEAL

I CAN'T TAKE THIS

THIS IS INCREDIBLE

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

ETB posted:

SPINNING LAVA DISK.

Mako being useful for loving once, with lightning of course.

The Korra and Kuvira fight was great.

Beifongs loving owning all over the place.

Why is Bolin officiating weddings?

The Airbenders saving each other was so loving cute and also terrifying.

The Korra and Kuvira talk at the end was kinda sappy and forced, but works for the theme of the Avatar not just being about blowing poo poo up, but reconciling conflicts.

They went way past hinting at Korrasami. Had this not been a kids show or had it been a het couple, they would've kissed right there at the end.

Great ending, great wrap up, pretty good character development for everyone. Sad to see the series go away (until it gets rebooted or sold off or whatever), but strong send off despite Nickelodeon shenanigans.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I AM HOOTING LIKE DAFFY DUCK

THEY SO TOTALLY KISSED OH MY GOD DON'T EVER TRY TO TELL ME OTHERWISE

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

DoctorWhat posted:

I AM HOOTING LIKE DAFFY DUCK

THEY SO TOTALLY KISSED OH MY GOD DON'T EVER TRY TO TELL ME OTHERWISE

I almost knocked over the Christmas tree I was jumping with joy so crazily!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Reading these last couple pages I was thinking you guys were overthinking it but no and it was honestly pretty well done..

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

Reading these last couple pages I was thinking you guys were overthinking it but no and it was honestly pretty well done..

Yeah, it was honestly pretty classy.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

I'm honestly pretty happy that the entire ending was building up to Korra learning compassion, even for her enemies, and for her great victory to be an act of compassion and self-sacrifice. That's a pretty nice way to end her character arc.

Also I was seriously expecting them to end it on a kiss like they ended TLA.

The conversation between Korra and Kuvira delivered on the themes of the season so much better than any interaction Aang and Ozai ever had. And it's way more meaningful that she spared Kuvira precisely because Korra is anything but a pacifist. Hell, she outright killed Unalaq.

Kuvira is exactly what Korra would have become if put in the same situation. Kuvira had no mentor to curb her excesses, no friends to provide moral support. She had to do it all herself.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that Korra and Asami are a couple.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Rosalind posted:

I almost knocked over the Christmas tree I was jumping with joy so crazily!

My downstairs neighbors must think I was insane a few minutes ago, I was literally jumping as well.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

ETB posted:

My downstairs neighbors must think I was insane a few minutes ago, I was literally jumping as well.

LITERALLY JUMPING FRIENDS!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Wait, why are you guys so ecstatic about it? :confused: I mean, it was really cool and progressive and all, but personally I'm mostly happy that it didn't end in a Deus Ex Machina.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

i’m jumping up and down screaming into my hands like i’m at a beatles concert OH MY GOOOOOOOD

KORRAxASAMI IS loving INDISPUTABLE

I did not expect that at all and I'm totally willing to eat crow. I did like the Makorra fakeout though and am so glad it didn't happen.

In general that was a great finale.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Wait, why are you guys so ecstatic about it? :confused: I mean, it was really cool and progressive and all, but personally I'm mostly happy that it didn't end in a Deus Ex Machina.

because i, and everyone else, have been half-joking all these years because we never expected this to ACTUALLY HAPPEN

and now it's REAL

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

DrSunshine posted:

Maybe we're excited about LGBT representation from main characters in a Nickelodeon show I dunno.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

DrSunshine posted:

Emotional investment, man. Also gently caress the naysayers!

I am also happy that it didn't end in that, either.

edit:words

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

DrSunshine posted:

It's a little overblown yeah. I mean when I saw it I started giggling like a dumb rear end kid because it was so unexpected and had been the brunt of so many jokes.. But I wasn't jumping up and down and waking up the neighbors or anything..

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Maybe we're excited about LGBT representation from main characters in a Nickelodeon show I dunno.

That's pretty nice too.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

ahahahaha the official LOK tumblr didn't do a gif of ANY of the korraxasami stuff

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well, it was a little deus ex machina

Welp, turns out Korra could purify a laser so hard it created a spirit portal where the two of them could have a conversation without any possibility of combat. It's a pretty minor deus ex machina in Avatar terms though.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Demonstrable character growth for Korra: Check
No Deus Ex Machina: Check
One of the best fights ever animated: Check
Beloved character bites it: nope, still a kid's show (Asami's dad doesn't count)
Mako status: Friendzoned
Best ship: MOTHERFUCKING CONFIRMED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

DoctorWhat posted:

because i, and everyone else, have been half-joking all these years because we never expected this to ACTUALLY HAPPEN

and now it's REAL

Well, okay, whatever floats your boat! Personally I can't really be bothered to care about who ends up with whom, but that's just me. :shrug:

It was a good finale, kudos to whoever called Korra energybending the laser. Oh wait!

DrSunshine posted:

Korra's going to invent energybending

:smug:

• Locked thread